Pantagruel's 3rd - Northern Lights

Heading away for a few days, I can't wait to see the change when I get back.

Few observations on the different styles to this point:

The LST'd untopped plant NL1 is by far the biggest. If it were vertical it would be at least an inch taller than the untrained plant, which I find odd since I thought LST would slow it down some. The stem is 50% bigger too. Also its main cola is larger. And it drinks a whole lot more.

The topped and LST'd NL3 is super bushy. I removed a lot of fans early and it seems like the rest of the leaves came in much wider, like they were trying to compensate for the missing fan leaves. And there are a LOT of bud sites (like 30) but none of them is quite as large as the bigger bud sites on NL1.

The real question is yield. That is going to be interesting. Just over a month now.

See everybody in a few days! Happy gardening! :Namaste:

Bonus. Seed shop just around the corner from our hotel. 2 more strains for the next go: LSD and Red Dragon. Fun!
Seeds59.jpg

From what I read, everybody could use a little Red Dragon. :)

If you look carefully, you can see that I got 6 seeds instead of 5 like the package says...hehe.

Thanks! This is the top of the natural plant which is much higher than the rest of the canopy. It is only about 7 inches from the light so she should be really perky! :)

Seeing how yours is developing trichomes at 2 weeks into flower makes me feel like mine are behind. I'm right at 2 weeks of 12/12 today and see zero crystals. Great progress Pantagruel! I think I need to up the watering and the nutes to catch up to you :morenutes:

Oh ok cool that makes me feel better. Yeah I'm at 2 weeks from flip. Hopefully I see crystals in a week or so. I'm glad you're sharing it's awesome to gauge my progress with yours being a week and a half ahead.

Yeah, I like to be able to compare my progress too. This is only my 2nd grow from seed but what a difference just watching the ph and doing a little more training.

Here is the canopy today. Compared to the ones on the 14th, amazing what 4 days will do! Today is exactly 3 weeks flowering (+3 days from the flip).

Feb18Canopy.jpg
Feb18Canopy2.jpg

Thank you! I was considering the Mars but I don't know that I need the 5w, for the extra heat. I'm thinking more of the 96x3 reflector. How long have you had yours?

I would go definitely for the MarsII if you plan to flower with it..the penetration is really awesome..Ive seen that some here use the reflector units for veg.. check Curso journal.
I have my MarsII since 3 months and been able to make a run with it.. It generate a little heat but nothing to compare with an HPs bulb...and from what Ive read, plants need the little heat of the light to thrive.

Well, the NL's are 4 weeks from harvest, 2 more for the DP's...it must be time to put more beans in soil!

So, in water for a nice little bath tonight: one Serious Seeds Kali Mist, one Barney's Red Dragon, one Barney's LSD, and two of my Durban Poison. I'm only running 4 plants, LST'd, a little larger than the ones from this run. Planning to treat the second Durban with colloidial silver and produce some crosses.

I won't start a new journal until this one's harvested though.

My natural girl, NL2, larger of the twin plants. Just before today's defol session.

I am really curious about the yield - the buds look much bigger on her than her sisters. Plus there's that cola....

Feb20NL2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom