Pantagruel's 3rd - Northern Lights

A little excitement

Noticed one of the popcorn buds on a Durban looking awfully lumpy. When I figured for sure it was pollinated I found the little split bananas, now I know what I'm looking for. Only one of the three was hermie, but another was pretty heavily seeded so I decided to just pull all 3 Durbans and concentrate on keeping the NL's clean, as they appear to be unaffected. I pollinated a couple of small buds on an NL anyway, just to get a DPxNL cross.

The trichs on the buds even look somewhat milky and I got half an oz of big buds and another quarter of sugar so that's alright too. Lost a couple of ounces but maybe I can make it up if I push the Northern Lights!

Re: A little excitement

Hi Panta! very healthy girls...bad news about the Durban, I've been dealing with some banana trees too...had to take down 3 criticals very few ago. (made some butter with them..) I was not sure if I stressed them sticking bamboo in the pot too late in flower or had a light leak somewhere (changed my tents was old anyway) ..
did the durbans received some kind of stressed? or do you think was just bad luck on the gen?

Ya, saw about your plants. Too bad.

The durban was pollinated by another hermie, so I figured the trait would be in there. One of the three was hermie, the other two showed no signs whatsoever. Now that I know what I am looking for I will just keep a really close eye on anything I grow from that batch of seeds. The buds on the two good plants will dry to a gram a piece and they had six weeks to go. They were really nice and chunky so I will continue to use these seeds for sure.

the new batch

Two day old seedlings under 2x42 watt cfls. Counterclockwise from bottom left: Durban, Kali, Red Dragon, and one of the unmentionables who we will just call Little Lucy....
Strains4.jpg

Leaves are showing some signs of heat stress. We are going to grab a couple of the budget 3x96 watt LED panels now I think.

Here is a cola in the meantime.

Mar1Cola.jpg

Geez, I just finished curing the Durbans I pulled early, did one hit and I am buzzing, my wife says she is ripped. Surprise, surprise!

Too bad I only got 3/4 of an oz. :(

Thanks brother. I hope you don't take my lack of participation on your threads as lack of interest. The dialog flies so fast and furious I figure it's best just to take it all in and hope I learn a thing or two. hehe.

Pic of the new batch, Durban, Lucy, Kali and Red Dragon. I'm getting some light speckling on everybody (not just the cannabis, even on my herbs). The Kali almost looks like faint nute burn on the one leaf. I just can't figure out what it is. I thought maybe a calcium def, because I have been using RO water, but the herbs have been getting plain old tap water which around here is loaded, so it isn't that.

Mar7New.jpg

The newer leaves also have some. Overall, the Durban Poison shows the least effects, probably because it is pure Sativa? They are due for a transplant anyday, as soon as my new LED's arrive, so hopefully that will help matters. I am thinking of hitting them with some epsom anyway.
:hmmmm:

My 2 new TopLed 300 watt reflectors arrived yesterday. Thanks Sara, everything went totally smoothly.

I have been fighting some minor nutrient lockout ph issues affecting one plant more than the rest. Nothing appeared too serious under the HPS but under the LED at lot more damage shows up.

Anyway, here is my new LED veg area and I do mean veg, we are going to grow lots of herbs and veggies here as well as start The Herb. Also a pic of my untopped girl. If that main cola fills out she may well yield the most of all three! 6 weeks and still no sign of
amber, which is a little puzzling as this strain is supposed to be a 7 week finisher.
Mar7LEDVeg.jpg

Mar8NL2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom