Outdoor Pineapple Chunk & Blue Dream

re: Outdoor Pineapple Chunk & Blue Dream

Just realised I did not answer your question re transplant. I generally transplant twice cos it's not practicable for me to have them in the large pots while they are still close to the house, also I find it very difficult to call what the seedlings water needs are when I pop it straight into its final pots.... ( check out the start of my grow)

Even though people say autos hate being transplanted, I find that when the transplant is done surgically/precisely the plant hasn't got a clue that anything has happened. My transplant method is simply this, I fill the new pot with dry substrate, make a well roughly the size of the old pot in the centre, I then sink the old pot into the new pot/substrate - and fill any voids with substrate. I then water the new pot/substrate with the old pot still in place. When the water has settled into the new substrate well, usually a couple of of hours, I then lift out the old pot, turn out my plant and place it in the perfect space left by its old pot. I don't water the plant again until the pot is dry as the roots will quickly reach/spread into the new wet substrate.

Hope this helps some.

I use a straw or eye dropper to water the seedlings in final pot a couple eye droppers or a few straws full and shes good. But over watering is always a real threat starting in final pot.

Just realised I did not answer your question re transplant. I generally transplant twice cos it's not practicable for me to have them in the large pots while they are still close to the house, also I find it very difficult to call what the seedlings water needs are when I pop it straight into its final pots.... ( check out the start of my grow)

Even though people say autos hate being transplanted, I find that when the transplant is done surgically/precisely the plant hasn't got a clue that anything has happened. My transplant method is simply this, I fill the new pot with dry substrate, make a well roughly the size of the old pot in the centre, I then sink the old pot into the new pot/substrate - and fill any voids with substrate. I then water the new pot/substrate with the old pot still in place. When the water has settled into the new substrate well, usually a couple of of hours, I then lift out the old pot, turn out my plant and place it in the perfect space left by its old pot. I don't water the plant again until the pot is dry as the roots will quickly reach/spread into the new wet substrate.

Hope this helps some.

I do mine much like yours, but I love the idea where you moistened/wet to make the better impression of the old pot. Will do this for new transplant. Also like the idea of one transplant in between.

Thanks Bapple

When I have to do a transplant of a plant with delicate roots, I flood the hole I've dug on the receiving end, and gently unpot the plant and 'float' it in to the pool and let it settle in to the hole, filling in the sides as the water drains. Much like they flood rice paddies when they do their rice seedling transplants. Most plants don't seem to notice they've been relocated. I do this for herbs like basil and for my opium poppies, I mean my ornamental poppies. This info is probably of limited use to you since you may end up overwatering but I do it with cannabis when the transplant pot/plant sizes work out well enough that it can handle the technique

No not useless at all Weasel, I am a firm believer in a super soaking during transplant, then let 'em dry before the next watering. On the small transplants I soak sit the pot in and mold a spot in new pot, (gonna be easier with Bapple's method) then once transplanted load 'em up with water to get the air out and merge the old and new mixes. On the larger ones going into the ground, I first take my hand rake and rake/scrape the side of my holes then mold a spot with the pot, I actually lightly pull some of the bottom and side roots to free them of their current pattern and then transplant and as with all of them soak the hell out of the pots. On the large ones I use a liquid root stimulator also.

Yep no problem. Glad to help and -you've got an awesome group of people together here- going to be a great journal.
The advantage I see to 'floating' the plant in is- less root disturbance, and the soil doesn't get as compacted in the ways it does when I water after the fact.

Yep no problem. Glad to help and -you've got an awesome group of people together here- going to be a great journal.
The advantage I see to 'floating' the plant in is- less root disturbance, and the soil doesn't get as compacted in the ways it does when I water after the fact.

Feeling blessed to have the whole of you guys indeed. Makes good sense on your "floating" procedure Weaz, will have to try it on an upcoming run for sure.

Well I had to transplant today, obviously I didn't get four of my seeds in deep enough :scratchinghead: should'a had a v-8 I reckon. Anyway I put them down deep and went ahead and did all the autos but one. Will do the Green Crack fems tom (3) are showing, along with the 4 Bubble Gum femz, and the (1) Sweet Skunk auto fem, none of the BG have popped nor the Sweet Skunk, (I think they spent more on the fancy package than the seed for the two Sweet Skunk autos :hmmmm:. Anyway gonna get them done in case I get another one of those calls to report immediately to work, goodness knows I could use some work that pays. Had a good 1/2 " of rain last night & this am so :allgood: on that front. On the other hand it's blowing 35- 40 knots out right about now. Couple of pics while we wait for drier weather to go back in and tie the BD & PC down.

WW auto is the tall one, though I think I didn't get my seeds set deep enough, look @ her tap!

IMG_20150525_204112086.jpg
IMG_20150525_204446967.jpg

rest of the pics no too good sorry

IMG_20150525_204233766.jpg
IMG_20150525_200857264_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150525_212608255.jpg

stopped raining after a couple of days and I figured with everything soaked it would be a good time to slip out and start some training. One PC has some serious bug thing going on, gave it a good shot of wettable sulfur, (Neem didn't do the trick last week). Another PC had one side of the hole dug up by a coyote or a fox, suspect coyote, found a big coyote den on my way in via a different route this afternoon. Snapped a couple branches during training, both were the PC's they seem way more woody. I always carry a splint repair kit in with me, so hopefully they heal up soon.

Question for you auto flower experts; is it normal to have such problems with germination? These things are all crooked, laying on their side, got helmet head, Lordy mercy, seems a pain for such little return, and I haven't found out what they are gonna do during our heat the next 2 months or so. Have one Cash Crop auto that is maybe 5-6 inches tall, 6 weeks old, budding might make a bong hit it looks like, :bong:

On another note, I took my first clones today :wood: see how that goes. Took 4 of one PC and 10 off two Blue Dreams. Green Crack seeds are not too positive looking 3/5 and only one looks really normal so thought I'd try and get a few more in the ground. Stay ahead of the insects and animals :yikes: alls the 4 Fem Bubble Gum not sprouting yet :scratchinghead:

the coyote plant, obvious he dug up the camo clay & mulch and just down one side of the stem. Feed some 4-10-3 rooting stimulator to her, camo'ed her back up & tied her down

IMG_20150526_193119352.jpg
IMG_20150526_193421468.jpg

then the bugged out PC

IMG_20150526_194319272.jpg
IMG_20150526_194329958.jpg

Few random training shots

IMG_20150527_200136319.jpg
IMG_20150527_195403780.jpg
IMG_20150527_191910457.jpg
IMG_20150527_191903427.jpg
IMG_20150527_183711838.jpg
IMG_20150527_183704358.jpg
IMG_20150527_183702202.jpg
IMG_20150526_193421468.jpg

little punk Cash Crop auto

IMG_20150526_191332420.jpg
IMG_20150526_191055558.jpg

Clones and cloner

IMG_20150527_214124049.jpg
IMG_20150527_214117222.jpg
IMG_20150527_214033076.jpg
IMG_20150527_214052876.jpg

Thanks for stopping by :passitleft:

Good morning captain!! Well good morning to you...... Mule skinner blues, heard that song? Lol.

Looking good mate.. Tie ya ladies down... They're loving it :)

Good morning captain!! Well good morning to you...... Mule skinner blues, heard that song? Lol.

Looking good mate.. Tie ya ladies down... They're loving it :)

Back Atcha Griz, seems I have heard that one somewhere before. How things down your neck of the woods? We've been dodging tornadoes and such last 2-3 days. :allgood: now.

Man, just seeing some horrid weather on the news.. Texas and Ohio, real bad. Near you? What seasons do you get? Monsoon? Wet season and dry or normal 4 seasons.. Only ask cause we get cyclones up north, but there during wet season (summer)... Look after yourself captain. Good time not to be flying I guess :)

What's eating your leaves?

Hello Captainblast!

Your COTC looks stunted - how hot was/is the substrate and perhaps your temperatures were too low when you started them, because they already looked small when you returned from your 2 week absence. When dialled in Autos grow a lot faster than Photos in the first 6 weeks. They don't like something........

Not to be boring and repetitive, but genetics are really important with autos.......

Hope all else is good with you :green_heart:

Man, just seeing some horrid weather on the news.. Texas and Ohio, real bad. Near you? What seasons do you get? Monsoon? Wet season and dry or normal 4 seasons.. Only ask cause we get cyclones up north, but there during wet season (summer)... Look after yourself captain. Good time not to be flying I guess :)

We were lucky and spared the brunt of it Griz, not too close to those states. I get a very slight 4 seasons, sometimes we go straight from winter to summer w/o noticing much of a spring. Pretty mild all in all around here. Had our 1st snow in 4 years this year with 3"'s. Hurricanes I have to work around at sea, we get some residuals from them but I'm really too far north to get property damage. Yeah I dodged a few of your Cyclones down there in Tonga and Fiji a few years ago. Appreciate the look out my man, hope you get through your winter all good.

Only have the one plant that caterpillar got hold of, got it cleaned up and we'll see if she springs back. Found some leaf miners on one plant too yesterday, just three leaves so I removed them. I sprayed them all with neem, all but 2 actually and sprayed those 2 with a wettable sulfur. Going to have to be vigilante on the insects around here, we got 'em. We also have tons of Lady Bugs too, no one can keep them out of your house no matter what you do. Come fall the swarm, wonderful thing to have.

Hello Captainblast!

Your COTC looks stunted - how hot was/is the substrate and perhaps your temperatures were too low when you started them, because they already looked small when you returned from your 2 week absence. When dialled in Autos grow a lot faster than Photos in the first 6 weeks. They don't like something........

Not to be boring and repetitive, but genetics are really important with autos.......

Hope all else is good with you :green_heart:

Yes Ma'am, I think I had it too wet for the auto, along w/bad genes (a freebie), trying to learn as I ago. Read through your grow last night and a few others. Just need to get my beans from better sources (any recommendations) and keep on learning. I also went straight into 5 gal. pot w/that one. The ones I just transplanted I put in like 1 gallon and added 30% more perlite for drainage. I've also lightened the mix to a 10-8-10, kinda like yourself, I don't have the time to do my own and haul it into the woods so it's a commercial mix. Do you use only super autos or what Baps? Your never boring dear, sometimes I need it drilled into this old hard head.

Thanks Bapple with you and all the other wonderful people on :420:, I've found you can teach an old dawg new tricks!

Back
Top Bottom