Plushberry Clones In Soil

Wow... usually I would say defoliate the ruined leaves, but......
I'd try giving her some super thrive only for a couple waterings. Not sure it would help, but it sure couldn't hurt. Also, let your soil dry to about the top 2 " before you water again. She might just be water logged. I have a plant in soil in my other tent that was trying to do the same thing. I defoliated fed super thrive and didn't water for 6 days and when I watered her again she bounced back. This is why I HATE soil! Go coco, way easier to make corrections. Good luck man, hope someone can help you out. It sucks to kill plants you have taken care of for so long.

Hey GB and Medfarmer, thanks for dropping in with your advice. I've made a mistake, it seems that she is actually drinking as when I lifted up the pot it was pretty light, I checked her soil and it's pretty dry. I'll give her a feed at half strength nutes and see how she goes on. I don't know why I got mixed up, it's the other two plants that the soil remains wet. Pretty sure she didn't just drink everything dry since I last opened the tent :rofl:

I lifted the pots to check her roots and could only just about see one through one of the drainage holes and it looks white, the drainage holes are also unblocked. No bad smells or anything, just a very poorly plant. If she picks up after this feed I'll try and coax her into producing, if not then I think it's time to give up all hope on her.

I'll keep my fingers crossed :thumb:

So I've just fed the Lonely Girl with 6l of water, 5ml of Micro, Grow, 10ml of Bloom and 5ml of CalMag. I'll be looking back in on her before lights out to see if she's picked up a bit. After that I'm at a loss as to what to do. Maybe pull her up and cut my losses.

I've got to say that these Plushberries just don't seem to be growing like the LSD strain did, they were beasts even after all their problems. After 45 days of flowering they are finally showing some frost, it's mainly at the top of the cola though and is pretty scarce everywhere else. Also unless these bulk out big time over the next couple of weeks I'm going to have to say that I'm a little underwhelmed. I'll be planting some more LSD seeds over the next couple of weeks ready to be moved into the tents when I harvest these Plushberry, these will give me an indication as to whether it's a case of genetics or whether the LED lighting system just doesn't compare to the HPS (although that brings me temperature issues again if I bring the HPS back in). Either way it'll be interesting to see how they fare with PH correct feeds and the Mars II 1600w.

Here are the 2 girls in the other tent and some bud photographs:

IMGP0594150715ps.jpg
IMGP0633150715.jpg

A touch of frost on Strong Girl:

IMGP0643150715.jpg
IMGP0643150715crop.jpg

A touch more frost on Poorly Girl! I've no idea why she seems to be frosting quicker (albeit seemingly slow in comparison to other plants):

IMGP0636150715.jpg
IMGP0637150715crop.jpg

The 2 Girls in 1 tent should be ready for a feed tomorrow hopefully, it's been awhile and they could do with something to boost their growth. To show you what I mean I've put a lighter at the side of one of the buds, they seem way skinnier than my last grow:

IMGP0595150715.jpg

That's about it for now I think. If anyone can offer any advice on where I'm going wrong as ever it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking in and all the best :thumb:

Good luck my friend. If you need any more help just shout.

Thanks very much Medfarmer, but unless you want a full time job as my adviser I'll stick to shouting only in times of emergency, which tends to just be the once a day when I first see my girls :rofl:

sorry for the way things seem to be going man those buds dont look to bad but plant doesnt look like shes happy for sure just keep trying and im sure youll get things down. and i would say try a soilless mix like coco or promix as it makes you control everything and it is easyer to fix things quicker (youll also see def\mistakes faster also though

Hey arellanobrian, I thought about doing coco as my friend kept pushing me to go that way but I read that soil grows are more forgiving. If that's the case I dread to think how my grow would be in coco lol. It's something I'll look forward to trying in the future but I'd really need to read up. I'm not even sure if the coco can be used again for another plant or whether it's a fresh bag every time. I suppose if it's reusable I'd save a fair amount on soil and manure, but then again organic will be something I try in the future too. I'll be PH'ing my water/feed on the next grow so I'm hoping that will make a difference, if not then oh well it's all a learning curve :)

Definitely reuse the coco! It is so much better the second time around. I usually use mine to pot my outdoor plants (peppers&veggies) and they do great with used soil. I believe coco is the most forgiving. Never over water again! Coco only holds so much and when you flush with 15 gallons, I only flush maybe 3 gallons to achieve the results I'm after. I "flushed" my 7 gallon smart pot with 3 gallons of water and got 250 ppm and 5.9 ph. So much easier! Go coco and never look back!

Whoa GB you make it sound so tempting :) I'm going to try and get this soil growing down to a tee first then once I've managed it I will be trying coco, even while I'm typing this I'm working out whether I could run both :rofl:

Whoa GB you make it sound so tempting :) I'm going to try and get this soil growing down to a tee first then once I've managed it I will be trying coco, even while I'm typing this I'm working out whether I could run both :rofl:

I looked into coco a while back. A lot of people use it and do well with it. Only thing I remember reading several times was that coco tends to hold on to salts making it harder to flush.

I don't remember anyone re-using coco for cannabis grows.

Right now your kind of in the managing stage of your grow. As long as you keep the PH in the correct range, things should go, OK.

They may not be as big as they could be at this stage. But, they will still put on some weight probably around day 55'ish. I don't remember what the projected harvest time is? 9 weeks?

Maybe add a drop or two of unsulphured molasses in your next feeding/watering to help the microbes balance the soil and well... do what they do.

:thumb:

id firstly check the ph , just to see, ive had plants went bit strange when they went to 12/12/ flower new growth looked odd but it straightened its self out , did you change your nutes as soon as you went 12/12 as its better to feed the grow nutes for about 3 weeks into flower then change after a little flush with led you will need calmag
lastly the manure looks good , i would mix it through some multi purpose compost encase its a tad hot :)

Just wanted to comment on Nutty's comment. He makes a good point here. I see a lot of people switching to flower nutes right at 12/12 flip because they think it will make buds faster.

I agree with Nutty. The first 2 to 3 weeks is more like a VEG stage as the plant stretches and transitions into flowering. After the stretch at approximately 3 weeks, then start killing it with flowering nutes. A little sarcasm because some like to love their plants to death by maxing out fertilizers. The main way to get more buds is a bigger plant and larger root system to support larger buds.

sorry for ranting... I will go back in my hole now :)

Hey hello Scarfinger thanks for posting your advice. We don't have molasses available over here (that I can find), but I think we may have something similar in either treacle or golden syrup, maybe even honey (please say honey, I have a huge tub of natural raw honey that I was tempted to try in a feed awhile back. I'll have a Google and see what I can find.

I was thinking of feeding for another week then going into a two weeks flush, I may have to check the trichomes on one plant first before I decide as although the buds aren't so big they're having the majority of the pistils turning colour and I'm sure some of the pictures I took showed what looked like a fair few amber trichomes. I'll do this check later today then update. All the best :thumb:

i hope you end up having success with your soil grows but i feel that if you continue to have issues with the soil it may be worth while to try coco. while it could be more unforgiving as far as the plants responding to what you put in, it requires alot more control so you really know what your doing to the plant as opposed to guessing when nutes have been used up. i had alot of problems with my soil grow this time around and still plan on using FFoF for some plants to expand my experience but i feel that coco is just more "me". just a suggestion if you don't seem to find your rhythm with the soil, maybe your a DWC or Promix grower :thumb: whatever you decide im sure you'll figure it out in the long run man and ill be watching to see you amazing future girls :Namaste:

Choices choices Kriaze, enough to give you a headache right?

I have experienced in this order Soil, NFT, Coco, DWC, RDWC and now organic soil where I am staying put. Once you have done all the soil mixing and let it cook for a minimum of a month but preferably two, you only need water. No measuring and mixing and no pH worries.

There are a lot of good threads regarding organics and should check out some recipes and maybe get mixing now for when your grow after this one is finished. My current grow with the Night Queen lists my recipe but it needn't be that big a list if you don't want it to be. Once you are organic you feed the soil and not the plant.

Touching on an earlier post, when you put your girls into the 12/12 stage you should use vegging nutes for the first 2 weeks of flowering or until flowers show then swap nutes. Haapy searching my friend :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi there Kriaze. I'm subbed and along for the ride my friend.
:peace:

FYI, I grow in all organic soil but I cut it with about 20-25% coco when I pot my plants. My girls seem to love the combination. After the last batch of girls were done I tossed the soil/coco mix along with the old root balls into one of my compost bins. I'll be regenerating the used black gold for future use.

Like you UncleCannabis I use coco in my mix which is as follows:

Organic soil mix
10 litres compost
2.5 litres homemade compost
5 litres coir
5 litres perlite
1 litres rock dust
500 millilitres alfalfa
200 millilitres charge(beetle poo)
25 millilitres garden lime
80 grams kelp meal
40 grams fish, blood & bone
1/3 cup neem meal
1/3 cup crab meal
8 tbsp eggshells
1/2 cup basmati rice

The above is cooked for a minimum of one month and preferably two months.

I like your grow style MedFarmer. Our grow methods only differ by a few minor ingredients.
:thumb:

Hey arellanobrian, Hey Medfarmer.

Indeed there are enough choices to give me a migraine lol. I've been thinking of buying one of those compost tumblers for awhile now but my missus is terrified that we'll get rats (she can't even watch them on TV), so I need to be sure that the one I purchase won't attract them. As soon as I find one I will be starting to cook my own soil. As for coco my friend who I got the clones from has been telling me to use this from day one. I guess after I feel comfortable with soil growing I will look into coco and give it a whirl. Thanks for sharing and caring with your advice, much appreciated and I wish you all the best :thumb:

Hey UncleCannabis I'm glad you're here for the ride, and a ride and a a half it is, it's more like a roller coaster in here most days lol. One day they're looking beautiful and full of promise, the next I just want to bin them, damn these ladies are so alike they remind me of the missus :rofl: I definitely would love to go organic in the future, but I have to have everything perfect otherwise I get a bad earache and headache all at the same time :)

Thanks for the write up of your soil mix MedFarmer, I'll look into getting the stuff together to make that mix. You're all great people with your sharing and caring, I doff my cap to you all :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom