Rehabilitatora420 First Grow Journal

how can i switch when she was planted and had a good root system already this is one of the first seeds that i used coco( witch i will Never ever use again) the new badge is in soil but from 3 seeds only 1 made it up i have planted more had 2 seeds left so i can have atleast 3 plants inside...
sorry i know nothing about coco growing just soil & unfamiliar with biobizz nutes, as Bill 284 mentioned when you're mixing your nutes are you putting in the calmag first? are you not supposed to be feeding every day?

sorry i know nothing about coco growingjust soil & unfamiliar with biobizz nutes, as Bill 284 mentioned when you're mixing your nutes are you putting in the calmag first?
yes always Jon told me that some time ago to use it first when i mix and i always do probably i must start dosing everyday and it wont progress further

yes always Jon told me that some time ago to use it first when i mix and i always do probably i must start dosing everyday and it wont progress further
yes feed/water & PH every day till run off as everyone mentioned several times

When coco drys it becomes hydrophobic.
It repels the moisture.
So nutrients shoot through more rapidly at first.
Causing you to think they are fed.
When all you did was remoisturise the coco in preparation for feeding.
I feed until it pours out every day.
Making sure everything has a good soak.
With my perlite layering and microbial activity I get excellent root growth and health.
This gives me a big healthy plant. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

When coco drys it becomes hydrophobic.
It repels the moisture.
So nutrients shoot through more rapidly at first.
Causing you to think they are fed.
When all you did was remoisturise the coco in preparation for feeding.
I feed until it pours out every day.
Making sure everything has a good soak.
With my perlite layering and microbial activity I get excellent root growth and health.
This gives me a big healthy plant. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
and what are u doin with the runoff that pours everyday u use normal pot not a sip with a thing on the bottom to hold to runoff are u let it stay or u toss it away when it gets full because since i dont use this SIP as it should and i water normal way i got the leftovers in the tank and when i feed everyday its get out from the drain hole's so i have to remove it everytime

and what are u doin with the runoff that pours everyday u use normal pot not a sip with a thing on the bottom to hold to runoff are u let it stay or u toss it away when it gets full because since i dont use this SIP as it should and i water normal way i got the leftovers in the tank and when i feed everyday its get out from the drain hole's so i have to remove it everytime
I run air pots over a grill with a tub underneath.
Shopvac once a week. :Namaste:
Coco is suited to drain to waste setups.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

drain it every day so mold & bacteria & fungus don't grow, throw it away don't reuse do this every day

i have meassured the ph of the leftovers i just drained and they are 7.2 ph how is increased so much since i always use ro/destilated water and everytime i make it to 5.8 no exceptions is this ph bad of the leftover?
you need to ask someone who grows in coco for that answer

i have meassured the ph of the leftovers i just drained and they are 7.2 ph how is increased so much since i always use ro/destilated water and everytime i make it to 5.8 no exceptions is this ph bad of the leftover?
The act of the new feed running all the way through and mixing with the old feed and all the medium is going to equal a ph rise in the runoff. Almost always ph is going to rise over time. So the ph of the remaining nutes you gave yesterday are mixing with the new ones. This is why I don’t do coco SIP. Not saying it can’t work cuz some do it and are successful, but as @Bill284 said, it is better suited to runoff to waste. I also have this grow decided it was better to ph to 5.6 instead of 5.8 for this exact reason. So my entire grow start to now has been at 5.6. Lower ph is where the plant becomes more active grabbing the lower (heavier) elements. It’s worked great so far, you see the results. I also personally started using what I now know to be the “Butt Method,” (lmao). You leave just like an inch of runoff in the tray, the rest is vacuumed out til there’s only enough left for the roots on the bottom of my pots to drink it up through the fabric before the next morning. That way no mold or ph issues ever, and you are effectively bottom feeding (a little) at the same time as you are top feeding. It’s a win win for the plant and accelerates growth.

The reason one tries a SIP is to get bigger plants with better growth, right? More yield? Well, I can assure you that if you were to try a straight coco without the SIP (again, not at all shitting on SIP), and water every day to runoff (once she’s an actual plant of course), you will find you get just as big a plant and it might be easier for you. And if you get with Bill284 on how to prep that coco pot you’ll really be in business. (Caveat: I add EWC to my coco pot prep, Bill does not. I think maybe I got him to try it, not sure. But it helps and I recommend it. Otherwise, what Bill says, to me, is gospel. He made me the coco grower I am, whatever that is.)

Anyway, I finally had a few minutes, so I stopped in. There’s a few sentences on growing in coco and an opinion from me. Not sure if that helps or answers your question, but really happy to see you asking so many questions. Keep asking. The moment we stop learning, we die.

The act of the new feed running all the way through and mixing with the old feed and all the medium is going to equal a ph rise in the runoff. Almost always ph is going to rise over time. So the ph of the remaining nutes you gave yesterday are mixing with the new ones. This is why I don’t do coco SIP. Not saying it can’t work cuz some do it and are successful, but as @Bill284 said, it is better suited to runoff to waste. I also have this grow decided it was better to ph to 5.6 instead of 5.8 for this exact reason. So my entire grow start to now has been at 5.6. Lower ph is where the plant becomes more active grabbing the lower (heavier) elements. It’s worked great so far, you see the results. I also personally started using what I now know to be the “Butt Method,” (lmao). You leave just like an inch of runoff in the tray, the rest is vacuumed out til there’s only enough left for the roots on the bottom of my pots to drink it up through the fabric before the next morning. That way no mold or ph issues ever, and you are effectively bottom feeding (a little) at the same time as you are top feeding. It’s a win win for the plant and accelerates growth.

The reason one tries a SIP is to get bigger plants with better growth, right? More yield? Well, I can assure you that if you were to try a straight coco without the SIP (again, not at all shitting on SIP), and water every day to runoff (once she’s an actual plant of course), you will find you get just as big a plant and it might be easier for you. And if you get with Bill284 on how to prep that coco pot you’ll really be in business. (Caveat: I add EWC to my coco pot prep, Bill does not. I think maybe I got him to try it, not sure. But it helps and I recommend it. Otherwise, what Bill says, to me, is gospel. He made me the coco grower I am, whatever that is.)

Anyway, I finally had a few minutes, so I stopped in. There’s a few sentences on growing in coco and an opinion from me. Not sure if that helps or answers your question, but really happy to see you asking so many questions. Keep asking. The moment we stop learning, we die.
well the signs are definetly diffirent then before its curling edges and discolor light green on them and they are dark when u look from below the leaf meaning something is needed as far as i understand so i will do what u say and water everyday since she is bigger she needs more i assume so far every watering is to run-off i use somewher betwin 2.5-3 liters so i always get a runoff

Watering frequency, technique and feed strength is where you should start looking for improvements. You're not lacking any minerals with a complete plant food. Your medium looks way to dry for growing in soilless. You're constantly creating lockouts by a combination of feeding to high nutrient strength and letting the pots dry out to much between waterings.

The result of having a wet to overly dry cycle in hydro/soilless is heavy EC spikes and pH swings causing all sorts of lockouts. Think of the pot like it's a reservoir holding nutrient solution. If all water is gone the plant is left with a nutrient solution that has wack pH and crazy high EC. This aspect is really hard for newcomers to grasp with all the mixed information on here where people promote things like "droughting" that does one positive and nine negative things for the plant.

If you need to flush you've already failed by overfeeding. My two cents!

its just in a SIP i water normal way and the leftovers i remove them
I'm confused about removing leftovers in a SIP. A SIP has a reservoir at the bottom that always has water in it. Maybe I missed something but are you watering the top or down the tube?

And in terms of starting this plant over in a new medium/pot, it is definitely possible if you have time to wait for it to recover. I've done it a number of times including this summer, when I converted a soil SIP into a normal cloth pot grow. I knocked the soil off leaving at least half the roots exposed and replanted it. You can see that post here. It stalled for close to a month but then turned out great.

I've also replanted after knocking off almost all the soil to replant in better soil. It looked like this at harvest and won Plant of the Month in Oct 2021.

I'm confused about removing leftovers in a SIP. A SIP has a reservoir at the bottom that always has water in it. Maybe I missed something but are you watering the top or down the tube?

And in terms of starting this plant over in a new medium/pot, it is definitely possible if you have time to wait for it to recover. I've done it a number of times including this summer, when I converted a soil SIP into a normal cloth pot grow. I knocked the soil off leaving at least half the roots exposed and replanted it. You can see that post here. It stalled for close to a month but then turned out great.

I've also replanted after knocking off almost all the soil to replant in better soil. It looked like this at harvest and won Plant of the Month in Oct 2021.
hey Shed i water the plant from the top the SIP is not working i mean i dont use it the way it should to water from the tank oi water from the top and just drain the leftovers i got an impression that if the plant stay in this left overs it will be even worse i actually give up on this coco grow i will water this plant everyday untill it die's or is ready to harvest i wont make experiments will stick with soil grow i understand it atleast this coco is waste of time for me when i dont understand it

hey Shed i water the plant from the top the SIP is not working i mean i dont use it the way it should to water from the tank oi water from the top and just drain the leftovers i got an impression that if the plant stay in this left overs it will be even worse i actually give up on this coco grow i will water this plant everyday untill it die's or is ready to harvest i wont make experiments will stick with soil grow i understand it atleast this coco is waste of time for me when i dont understand it
Each grow is a learning experience for the next one, and trying two new things at once (coco and SIPs) can complicate life!

been reading the thread and this didn't seem clear to me either ..

can move any sip plant to a soil or possibly coco media, and you can move a hempy plant to any media at all. both are good for that.

are you watering down the tube or watering from on top of the soil ?

if you constantly water from top of the soil once the roots have reached the res you'll have nothing but problems. sips needs to be tube watered once the roots hit the res.

the media in a sips is used to regulate. it's actually a bottom feed process. feeding through the soil itself will cause loads of imbalances.

feed to a 10% min runoff out the drain hole from down the tube and leave it.

Each grow is a learning experience for the next one, and trying two new things at once (coco and SIPs) can complicate life!

yeah, don't feel bad. it's a lot to chew.
i can only run one style at a time. i tried an active dwc and a hp promix hard side bucket at the same time and near killed them both lol

been reading the thread and this didn't seem clear to me either ..

can move any sip plant to a soil or possibly coco media, and you can move a hempy plant to any media at all. both are good for that.

are you watering down the tube or watering from on top of the soil ?

if you constantly water from top of the soil once the roots have reached the res you'll have nothing but problems. sips needs to be tube watered once the roots hit the res.

the media in a sips is used to regulate. it's actually a bottom feed process. feeding through the soil itself will cause loads of imbalances.

feed to a 10% min runoff out the drain hole from down the tube and leave it.

yeah, don't feel bad. it's a lot to chew.
i can only run one style at a time. i tried an active dwc and a hp promix hard side bucket at the same time and near killed them both lol
i didnt make a test is the coco will be all wet if i water from the tube like the soil does thats why i did water from the top and i got suggestions to remove the leftovers so i didnt consider this as a sip atall but if it work like it should i will try a few days of watering from the tube and will place something underthe sip for the leftovers from the drain hole's nothing worse can happen its doomed anyway ^^

i didnt make a test is the coco will be all wet if i water from the tube like the soil does thats why i did water from the top and i got suggestions to remove the leftovers so i didnt consider this as a sip atall but if it work like it should i will try a few days of watering from the tube and will place something underthe sip for the leftovers from the drain hole's nothing worse can happen its doomed anyway ^^

you should be able to run a coco media as sips from the tube. the coco needs to be exposed to the feed water and it helps to have some extra perlite in it for added wicking, but it should work the same.

you'll probably have to feed it more often in flower than a promix media sip. refreshing the res before it's dry would also help.

there's a number of sips growers on straight coco or a coco perlite mix.

anything that comes out the drain hole is waste. you can collect it for house plants or use it outdoor, but don't refeed it to the sips cannabis plants unless you wanna chase ph and nute troubles.

Back
Top Bottom