Scrumpdilly's First Time Grow - AK48 & White Widow Autoflower

Caught a bit of yellow on one leaf of the new undergrowth of Smalls (AK48). Could this be a deficiency of some sort?
420-magazine-mobile1445141123.jpg
Nitrogen deficiency maybe? I don't think it's heat burn or anything like that.

Yea possibly nitrogen, I have my plants a feeding at around 14 days at about 350 ppm but couldve easily given them 450. Little bitches get hungry.

Then yesterday about a week later I have them 550 ppm so they get hungry quick

Re: Scrumpdilly's First Time Grow - AK48 & White Widow Autoflower

After no water for 72 hours they looked like they could use a drink and boy i guess they needed it because they got 2 pints each with very little runoff. Snuck 5 mils of cal mag (per gallon) in there with the quarter strength nutes. I guess since I finished off that gallon of water, I'll step it up to half strength nutes in the next one. Also I got a bigger tent, but I'll save that for the next round of pictures.

Now that I see how much growth each girl has put on since switching the bloom light on in addition to the veg light, next round is getting both lights all the way through for sure. Temp maxed out at 82°F so I'm not worried about it.
Smalls (AK48) before and after lst
420-magazine-mobile828634279.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1215794186.jpg

Bender (white widow) before and after lst
420-magazine-mobile125555079.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1531308427.jpg

The new tent
420-magazine-mobile563224219.jpg

Overhead shot
420-magazine-mobile1238338350.jpg

Pics are up! Sometimes the app just acts funky! Nice tent, the plants will fill it out before you know it!

Looks like it! . you got some girls on your hands!

Looks like it! . you got some girls on your hands!
Sorry for the upside down pics. This app is wacky. Let me try once more.

Keep a close eye on em; benders definitely got pistils showeing, smalls looks like calyxes but it's hard to tell, either way good signs!

Keep a close eye on em; benders definitely got pistils showeing, smalls looks like calyxes but it's hard to tell, either way good signs!
Aren't they really young/small to start preflowering already?
Smalls (AK48)
420-magazine-mobile1353454538.jpg

Bender (white widow)
420-magazine-mobile778846814.jpg

They are a bit young. Honestly autos are just wierd lol. Is it possible the roots have hit the bottom of the pot? Maybe before the transplant? From what I heard that's what triggers auto flowers to start flowering but don't quote me on that .

And now I think I may have solved the case of the stunted Bender. The soil by the base of the stem was one giant, dry, compact, heavy hunk and I'm pretty sure when the roots wanted to take off, the compact soil said no. Seems to me that would explain the dead cotyledons. I'm so heated about this right now. When I tried to break up the soil, I succeeded and in doing so, broke a bunch of shallow roots. Bender is going to get a small dose of water to maybe help break down that soil and hopefully I didn't kill her. .

They are a bit young. Honestly autos are just wierd lol. Is it possible the roots have hit the bottom of the pot? Maybe before the transplant? From what I heard that's what triggers auto flowers to start flowering but don't quote me on that .
I feel like if they already started flowering, I'll be lucky to get a quarter off them .

I feel like if they already started flowering, I'll be lucky to get a quarter off them .
There's a thing called preflowering where they show signs of sex but well have to watch and see if they go into all out flower. And your right, unfortunately if that's the case it's probably worth getting a couple seeds going.

I did that with the autos I grew this summer-i didn't research them so I didn't know about all of their quirks and differences from a good ol photo period and decided to put some seeds in dirt and see what happened. It was all going mediocre until it was transplant time. I started them in the same pots I'm using in my current grow about a gallon or so, and waited for roots out the bottom to transplant, as one would with a photo period. Little did I know about that being a nono with autos. Ended up limping them along to the end and getting a negligible about of bud off them. Only reason I did it was practice and to see if we could grow on our deck that gets low light and bad conditions pretty consistently. It would have done a lot better had I known about the roots starting flowering and the fact that they don't like being transplanted :/

That's my experience with autos, and why I went right back to photo periods after trying them once, sorry for not very encouraging words but that's what I went through :S

Hopefully all were seeing is pre flowers, but in the event that they keep transitioning to flower it might be better to prepare for the worst. Best thing we can do is watch them for a few days and play it by ear. :(

Sorry bud, well figure it out though .

And now I think I may have solved the case of the stunted Bender. The soil by the base of the stem was one giant, dry, compact, heavy hunk and I'm pretty sure when the roots wanted to take off, the compact soil said no. Seems to me that would explain the dead cotyledons. I'm so heated about this right now. When I tried to break up the soil, I succeeded and in doing so, broke a bunch of shallow roots. Bender is going to get a small dose of water to maybe help break down that soil and hopefully I didn't kill her. .
Stupidface? Bignstrange?

Back
Top Bottom