Scrumpdilly's First Time Grow - AK48 & White Widow Autoflower

Not much new to report. Tonight was the first time the girls looked thirsty so they both got about a quart of water each and being in their third week, I upped the nutes to 50% and regular cal mag. Pistil situation hasn't really escalated so that's good I guess. Nothing really picture worthy today.

I figure if they're not going to get too tall, might at well practice some lst? As always, any advice welcome!
Smalls (AK48)
420-magazine-mobile290588590.jpg
420-magazine-mobile324455357.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1972474656.jpg

Bender (white widow)
420-magazine-mobile902429535.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1830177681.jpg
420-magazine-mobile623667195.jpg

I guess my main questions are: how long should I leave them tied like that. Should I bend them over the other way after some of that side growth takes off to get light to the other side?

They grew a lot since the last picture update, they look good dude!

You can keep them like that, the stems will start to stiffen up and almost turn into wood so try to think of all the branches coming out, how the main stem will grow etc. And where your going to put them once they are big enough. Try to keep a picture of how you want them to look finished and just start taking baby steps towards that!

I leave mine tied down 24/7 and adjust the lst about every 12 hours if not more frequently!

Right now for me it's just the main stem, but as others grow out and become large enough to manipulate, it would.definitely be all of the branches.

The plant wants to grow in its natural shape and it's your job to be on it and make that plant bend to your will. You gotta be making sure it's not slipping out of the ties, that it's not pushing the tie up-counteracting your training, and that your making sure you keep building it the way you want it.

It's easy right now but once they start branching out like crazy it becomes quite a chore that requires diligence for max results!

They love it! That's why I adjust often is they just set themselves right back up and leaves get in the way again lol feisty little plants!

They look happy! :3

They love it! That's why I adjust often is they just set themselves right back up and leaves get in the way again lol feisty little plants!

They look happy! :3
Figured I'd save the adjustment for tomorrow. For now I just gave them a 180° spin to get some sun on those backsides. They only have another hour or so before bedtime anyway.

So much for saving the adjustment for tomorrow haha. I like to check in on them while they are sleeping (since I'm usually up all night) to make sure humidity and temp are good and I stared at Smalls too long and was like "maybe it would expose more if I lst'ed it this way. Oh well. I'm confident in the adjustment.

Re: Scrumpdilly's First Time Grow - AK48 & White Widow Autoflower

Day 25 from seed. Got home too late for pictures, but the girls are looking good. Lst is really helping them fill out. And man, they are starting to stink. Before you had to lean over them and now you just have to open the tent! I have a feeling they're going to reek when they are in flower. I'll try to get a couple pictures in tomorrow.

Looking forward to it! Can't wait to see the progress :3

Mind if I tag along ? White Widow is one of my all time favourite strains. It was the first of the really frosty strains I encountered (I also made a life long friend of the grower, that was over 20 years ago now. He has been helping me in my first grow, all be it from the other side of the world !) I fell in love with the really frosty bud that the 'white' strains produce. I haven't tried AK48, so I will look forward to seeing how you get along with that. I am 7 weeks into my first grow, so I may not have a ton of great advice, but I will try and help out where I can. What light cycle are you running ?

Mind if I tag along ? White Widow is one of my all time favourite strains. It was the first of the really frosty strains I encountered (I also made a life long friend of the grower, that was over 20 years ago now. He has been helping me in my first grow, all be it from the other side of the world !) I fell in love with the really frosty bud that the 'white' strains produce. I haven't tried AK48, so I will look forward to seeing how you get along with that. I am 7 weeks into my first grow, so I may not have a ton of great advice, but I will try and help out where I can. What light cycle are you running ?
18/6

Re: Scrumpdilly's First Time Grow - AK48 & White Widow Autoflower

Smalls (AK48)
420-magazine-mobile690949756.jpg

After adjusting
420-magazine-mobile1146695174.jpg

Bender (white widow)
420-magazine-mobile1303680781.jpg

After adjusting
420-magazine-mobile691785524.jpg

Tomorrow will be a day of rest for the three of us. I plan on removing the lst to let the stems recover a little and go for some more vertical growth

Well Smalls said "screw your lst. I'm going this way."
420-magazine-mobile1680330324.jpg

At least Bender listened, mostly.
420-magazine-mobile829641023.jpg

Both girls looking thirsty, so time for a quart of 50% nute water each
420-magazine-mobile822762272.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2044078326.jpg

Luckily I got to snap those right before they went to bed.

Back
Top Bottom