Scrumpdilly's First Time Grow - AK48 & White Widow Autoflower

Bender (white widow)
420-magazine-mobile1901994990.jpg

Smalls (AK48)
420-magazine-mobile2018741890.jpg
Awesome!
Subbed, just grew the AK48.
I will say my early showing AKs were awesome.
Just awesome.
Huge yeild on my first grow, biggest of 3 strains and great effects.

It was also mostly the potting soil, not the fox farms. I neglected the dirt by stem because I was more concerned with watering around the outside of the pot. Next time, no potting soil. Just straight into the 5 gallons with 100% FFOF

Stupidface? Bignstrange?
Yea with that, definitely gunna shock her :/ eventually her roots would have busted through, but yea for now would slow her down for sure.

All we can do is hope that the stress doesn't cause her to hermie and make her useless :(

Gotta be patient with these delicate little things, I'm hoping for the best here

Yea with that, definitely gunna shock her :/ eventually her roots would have busted through, but yea for now would slow her down for sure.

All we can do is hope that the stress doesn't cause her to hermie and make her useless :(

Gotta be patient with these delicate little things, I'm hoping for the best here
I've heard a lot about the "white" strains being extra finicky.

Cut the soil with perlite, maybe 40npercent perlite that will help with a lot of soil problems
It was also mostly the potting soil, not the fox farms. I neglected the dirt by stem because I was more concerned with watering around the outside of the pot. Next time, no potting soil. Just straight into the 5 gallons with 100% FFOF

I've heard a lot about the "white" strains being extra finicky.
Finicky has nothing to do with it when your ripping root systems out of the ground XD

white strains are actually quite resilient, it's those wierd auto genes that start doing funky things :S

Re: Scrumpdilly's First Time Grow - AK48 & White Widow Autoflower

Finicky has nothing to do with it when your ripping root systems out of the ground XD

white strains are actually quite resilient, it's those wierd auto genes that start doing funky things :S
It was an accident!. . luckily I've got blueberry kush auto, super skunk auto, Jock horror auto and shortrider auto coming soon too. I'll just have to put the white widows to the back of the queue

Even if you go with straight FFOF it wouldnt hurt to mix the soil with your hands in a 5 gallon bucket. That way you can get rid of any clumps and have lots of air in the soil. Then just pour straight into the pot and dont pat it down at all.
I did mix it. I even mixed up the soil in the solo cups before putting the seeds in.

It was an accident!. . luckily I've got blueberry kush auto, super skunk auto, Jack horror auto and shortrider auto coming soon too. I'll just have to put the white widows to the back of the queue
Poor guy, all part of the experience tho! Gotta kill a few to know what you like, or is it date a few? Either way lol ooh dark, happy Halloween:p
Even if you go with straight FFOF it wouldnt hurt to mix the soil with your hands in a 5 gallon bucket. That way you can get rid of any clumps and have lots of air in the soil. Then just pour straight into the pot and dont pat it down at all.
Yea I use promix hp which is all peat moss and perlite n shit and I add more vermiculite and next time I'd add more perlite. It's already super light but I added 20 percent vermiculite, id add another 20 percent perlite next time too.

I spread it out on a tarp and mix it all, or if I have enough bins I'll mix it right in the Rubbermaid totes I store it in! Makes sure there's no hard lumps and that it's all ready to use!

Poor guy, all part of the experience tho! Gotta kill a few to know what you like, or is it date a few? Either way lol ooh dark, happy Halloween:p

Yea I use promix hp which is all peat moss and perlite n shit and I add more vermiculite and next time I'd add more perlite. It's already super light but I added 20 percent vermiculite, id add another 20 percent perlite next time too.

I spread it out on a tarp and mix it all, or if I have enough bins I'll mix it right in the Rubbermaid totes I store it in! Makes sure there's no hard lumps and that it's all ready to use!
Happy Halloween! I am thankful for the experience I'm gaining.

Also, in all the reading I did. I guess I should have done more in the soil department. I was remarking to someone today how I'd like to give promix a try when this fox farms is gone.

Happy Halloween! I am thankful for the experience I'm gaining.
It's what it's all about. Put in a couple years of learning and practice and it'll all be second nature. It's like learning to ride a bike:p

There's a thing called preflowering where they show signs of sex but well have to watch and see if they go into all out flower. And your right, unfortunately if that's the case it's probably worth getting a couple seeds going.

I did that with the autos I grew this summer-i didn't research them so I didn't know about all of their quirks and differences from a good ol photo period and decided to put some seeds in dirt and see what happened. It was all going mediocre until it was transplant time. I started them in the same pots I'm using in my current grow about a gallon or so, and waited for roots out the bottom to transplant, as one would with a photo period. Little did I know about that being a nono with autos. Ended up limping them along to the end and getting a negligible about of bud off them. Only reason I did it was practice and to see if we could grow on our deck that gets low light and bad conditions pretty consistently. It would have done a lot better had I known about the roots starting flowering and the fact that they don't like being transplanted :/

That's my experience with autos, and why I went right back to photo periods after trying them once, sorry for not very encouraging words but that's what I went through :S

Hopefully all were seeing is pre flowers, but in the event that they keep transitioning to flower it might be better to prepare for the worst. Best thing we can do is watch them for a few days and play it by ear. :(

Sorry bud, well figure it out though .
What's a negligible amount of bud?

What's a negligible amount of bud?
Lol I didn't weigh it if that says anything. I smoke a lot more than the average person so it wouldn't be more than a week or two supply for me between the hash I made from the kief and maybe 1 ounce of smokeable bud off like 4 plants XD and they were pretty tall when they started flowering so slightly different situation. Definitely not a fan of how that went :/

Lol I didn't weigh it if that says anything. I smoke a lot more than the average person so it wouldn't be more than a week or two supply for me between the hash I made from the kief and maybe 1 ounce of smokeable bud off like 4 plants XD and they were pretty tall when they started flowering so slightly different situation. Definitely not a fan of how that went :/
If i get an ounce between these two, they will be worth more than what I paid for them. So while more than that would be ideal, I couldn't be that mad.

Just keep an eye out for more signs of flowering, I'm still crossing my fingers they are just getting feisty on ya .

Didn't happen until after I turned the bloom light on, but I know autoflowers are gonna do what autoflowers are gonna do whenever the hell autoflowers wanna do it. Can't wait to make a list of notes/do's and don'ts for next time. Excited to do better on this next round. Can only hope, and maybe save up for another light. Is there a 450watt led thread?

Didn't happen until after I turned the bloom light on, but I know autoflowers are gonna do what autoflowers are gonna do whenever the hell autoflowers wanna do it. Can't wait to make a list of notes/do's and don'ts for next time. Excited to do better on this next round. Can only hope, and maybe save up for another light. Is there a 450watt led thread?
Not too sure but if you Google 450 w led grow something will come up!

Back
Top Bottom