Second Grow - First Time Soil - White Widow - Super Silver Haze -Grapefruit -400W HID

Re: Second Grow, First Time Soil. White Widow, Super Silver Haze, Grapefruit. 400w HI

here you go mate, click on the link below and it will take you to the right page on my journal and you can see exactly what i mean about the hempies and how they work, i got the idea from teSmp, the pics should explain better what i mean, its hard to explain, but once you have seen it done its easy to do,
First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

Re: Second Grow, First Time Soil. White Widow, Super Silver Haze, Grapefruit. 400w HI

You have a nice house there Concept. very clean looking. plants look good. :thumb:

I hear ya bout the hempies Paul, only thing is you know the rules about growing in the UK. 100 plants is 100 plants, try telling a judge your only getting 20g per plant lol.

After i have finished my big 2 off I'm hoping to to have about 10 or 12 all 12/12 from seed but at different stages so i am harvesting 5 or 6 medium sized plants every month( going on your advice that they usually finish around 8 weeks for seed on 12/12)

I will also be running a few different strains until i find one that is really good, shortest time + biggest yield.

I currently have 8 at different stages but my pots that the big 2 are in are just too big, once they are out i'll get another 3 12ltr buckets in there easy. I'll get some pics up on my journal when lights go on to show you what i mean.

i hear you on the plant numbers mate, thats why i not gone the whole hempie route, instead i will just stick with 1 or 2 hempies, i grow my other plants in 3gallon pots and they do me ok, if the law ever does change then ill try a room of hempies but till then 100 plants is still 100 plants, its like when you do a few regular seeds, some will be male so will be binned, so say 50% are male, but till they show sex they are still plants, so its the same problem, you cant say some will be male, just germinating a seed is risky, if you had 10 seeds on a dish soaking then they would take this as 10 plants, the laws really do need to change,

Ok so today my babies have been in flowering for 1 month woot! Grapefruit is producing big ol fat nugs and they are starting to form colas :D. The widow is starting to show its name, looks like she is dusted with snow. Bug problem has gone away for the most part, they are here and there but not nearly as bad as before. Anyways ON WITH THE PICTURES!

Grapefruit
P1060909.JPG
P1060904.JPG

White Widow
P1060910.JPG
P1060917.JPG
P1060921.JPG
P1060919.JPG
P1060920.JPG

Re: Second Grow - First Time Soil - White Widow - Super Silver Haze -Grapefruit -400W

I really need to stop looking at these other journals, they make mine look pathetic :peace:

Great work.

Mark. :peace:

Re: Second Grow - First Time Soil - White Widow - Super Silver Haze -Grapefruit -400W

Hello!
Well your girls are lookin nice:thumb:
Its MAJIK watching them into flower.. It doesnt take long before youll be staring at larger buds!!
Keep up the good work, and lookin forward to seeing them nearly done! All the best,
Smokemup;)

i agree smoke going note to self grow journal needs to improve. hi concept :allgood::peace:

Well everything is still going great, no new problems. My first group is now 41 days into flowering and I have started a second mini batch that is 19 days into flowering. No pix this time but next post will have loads :). These girls are getting bigger than I thought they would, especially grapefruit. I'm so glad I found that seed, she is definitely a strong plant. Wish I knew exactly what she was though, found her in a nug and he just called it "grapefruit". Hoping for grapefruit kush, could really use a strong kush to go with the widow and silver haze. All the ladies are getting fat ol colas and the white widow is definitely showing it's white lol.

Starting to plan my next grow and wanted some input on it. I've gained some respect at a local dispensary and are willing to take me on as a supply client. So next grow will need to not only stress quality but quantity. I've looked into a couple different grows but I think I want to try a hempy grow. Will be using a 4x4 tent and my 6x4 room. Will be using two 600w HIDs in the 6x4, and a 400w HID in the 4x4. I will also be using the hempy recipe of 1:3 as far as perlite and vermiculite. Will be using 3 gallon pots. Will be using Sensi Bloom 2 part nutrients, with superthrive, and need a suggestion for a molasses supplement. More than happy to hear suggestions for the grow or any other input.

From what I understand you can fit 4 3gal pots in a 2x2 square and each pot should yield 2-3ounces each. So I should yield give or take about 3 pounds in the 6x4 room and about 2 pounds in the 4x4 tent. If my math is right. I was wondering if this all sounds about right.

I was also wondering what kind of techniques I should employ to maximize my yield. Was considering trying for just a big cola. From my understanding if you chop off all of the branches at about a week into flowering you should be able to make just one large cola. If I did this would that effect occur and would this be an intelligent way of using my 3gallons or should I change techniques or maybe go with more but smaller pots and continue with that method. Could use lots of help with this one. I really want to try for a flawless run this time :p. A buddy of mine said he tried hempy once and he was able to get an ounce per 2L bottle under a 1000w using the stripping method I mentioned. I have a rule with that friend, listen, nod, smile, double check any information lol. Would like to know if anyone else has seen this kind of success. An O/2L would be awesome but I don't believe him and my research has been very iffy info. Also would a strain like white widow work with that type of stripping method? I'd figure some strains just don't grow like that.

Anyways I'll end this here, hopefully I can get some help on understanding this. Thank you all in advance and thank you for following me.

Edit: Oh and I'll be starting some new strains in a few weeks. Going to be getting the following.
Barney's Farm: Vanilla Kush, G13 Haze, Liberty Haze
G13 Labs: Pineapple Express
Humboldt Seed Organization: Blue Dream, ChemDawg, Trainwreck
Should also be getting 2 freebee seeds which I know change a lot so will have to see =D

Also more than happy to hear recommendations for strains.

Pictures!

My biggest white widow is falling over from the weight and one branch actually broke off. Been drooling wanting some (haven't smoked in 3 weeks 0.o) so I guess I get a taste. She ended up being about 12 grams wet after I manicured her. Luckily it was one of the smaller ones but that was the sign shit guess I gotta tie these girls up lol.

DSC046751.JPG
DSC046854.JPG
DSC046844.JPG
DSC046761.JPG
DSC046872.JPG

Some pix of the room now
DSC046913.JPG
DSC046943.JPG
DSC046971.JPG
DSC046991.JPG
DSC047022.JPG
DSC047051.JPG
DSC047061.JPG
DSC04708.JPG

:Namaste:

New Strains OTW:
Vanilla Kush
OG Kush
Bubba Kush
Afghan Kush
G13 Haze
LSD
AK-48
Trainwreck
Purple Wreck
Super Lemon Haze
Jack Herer
Cheese Candy
Chemdawg
Blue Dream

them look really good mate, nice size as well, ive not tried growing my plants very big yet, was bit concerned about the smell due to where i live, but ive not had any problems and kept it under control so im planning on vegging for longer with the plants ive got in veg, then im moving onto a dwc scrog once these plants are out the way

Thank you for your complements :). As far as smell goes, I haven't had too much of an issue. Might just be the strains but it doesn't seem to be as bad as I thought it would. Can smell something when you come into the house but I wouldn't say it's pot, just a plant like smell, as if you had flowers growing or something. DWC scrog should do you real well, I've liked the effects I've seen with it. Personally I would have kept mine a tad smaller but I wasn't sure how big 7gallons was lol.

Coming up to the finish line woot! We just finished our 7th week of flowering. Going to start flushing the plants at this point and might turn the lights 8 on 16 off once I approach the 8th week. Try to really push that resign. Anyone have any end of flowering tips?

Also it seems grapefruit's colas are growing well nugs on the cola. Not sure if that makes sense but was wondering what this is and if I should be concerned at all. Sounds like a good thing but wasn't sure if maybe light was getting into the chamber and causing them to veg a bit or something i dunno. Just wanted to check. Paranoid that I'll loose the crop lol, can't have that.

Tried some of that branch that broke and wow I can't wait for them to finish. Very much a head high but very fun. If used in brownies this would definitely have hallucinations.
more pix soon, not much happening but always fun to document.

edit: oh and I was right! We do have super silver haze! She is just now showing her differences from her widow friends. Pix soon

Concept, great looking setup and ladies you have in here!

Hows that little widow bud smoking? :bongrip:

Sounds like you have a regular candyshop on the way. Some of those new strains sound awesome. I really like Bubba Kush and Blue Dream. Do you plan on doing another run in soil with some of the new genetics?

Back
Top Bottom