Shiggityflip Hits The Brix - Growing Using High Brix Soil

No Pics today, just topped the little gals today, Its a long time till flower so I want to keep them small as long as possible. Starting to see the plastic leaf thing, except on the newest transplants. She will get there.

3.5ml to one cup of destress, sprayed bottom and top of the leaves with a fine mist and put the sprayer in the fridge. (good for one week) May hit the light green girl once more in a few days. The others can wait a week. Next drench coming up is the full strength transplant, then Growth energy the time after that. Thanks Docbud for the info for this Brix virgin. Pics at next watering. Easy peasy nice and sleazy.

I will get a picture for you today Max. Doc calls it a "plastic" leaf because it is so healthy and shiny it looks like it was made of plastic.

Max, Shiggity will post picture of the leaves. :) When the plant and High Brix (HB)soil-(Doc Buds High Brix Kit(DBHBK)) key in, the plant is so alive and vibrant. Leaves look shiny, plastic. Stems are bright green, buds are glistening and puffing...you get the picture. :)
Also check out Doc Buds threads when you get a chance..if you're interested :)
Many growers are using his inexpensive kit and easy system to grow some of the finest produce they have ever seen, used; me included :)

sorry shiggity..back with the regular scheduled program.."Shiggity is Kicking Butt!"! :)

Max, Shiggity will post picture of the leaves. :) When the plant and High Brix (HB)soil-(Doc Buds High Brix Kit(DBHBK)) key in, the plant is so alive and vibrant. Leaves look shiny, plastic. Stems are bright green, buds are glistening and puffing...you get the picture. :)
Also check out Doc Buds threads when you get a chance..if you're interested :)
Many growers are using his inexpensive kit and easy system to grow some of the finest produce they have ever seen, used; me included :)

sorry shiggity..back with the regular scheduled program.."Shiggity is Kicking Butt!"! :)

Ziggy I want this thread to be for the brix virgins, by a brix virgin. Your comments are not only requested they are required. I really want all the brix veterans to keep putting their input here. Any criticisms of what I am doing are STRONGLY encouraged, and different approaches, etc. I am in veg for a month and a half to go. Let's keep this interesting and informative for all the people who are intimidated and interested in growing DocBud's way!

Ziggy I want this thread to be for the brix virgins, by a brix virgin. Your comments are not only requested they are required. I really want all the brix veterans to keep putting their input here. Any criticisms of what I am doing are STRONGLY encouraged, and different approaches, etc. I am in veg for a month and a half to go. Let's keep this interesting and informative for all the people who are intimidated and interested in growing DocBud's way!

Yea Dr. Ziggs,
What Shiggs said. There are cats like me and others who want to live the hi (brix) life.
Show us the way O' Jedi Brix masters.:dreamy::xmas::dreamy:

Here is one of the "plastic leaves" I am talking about. You really have to see it in person to appreciate it. This one is on Huckleberry Kush #8. When you turn it in the light it shines like plastic. Just remember HPS makes things look yellow and you will realize how healthy green this is.

Update on Monday night probably. That is the time for the next drench. Possibly tomorrow, just got to wait for the soil to dry. Some fabric pots had nice one inch long roots on the bottom in a few places. I rubbed them off and set the plants back down

image5016.jpeg

Yea Dr. Ziggs,
What Shiggs said. There are cats like me and others who want to live the hi (brix) life.
Show us the way O' Jedi Brix masters.:dreamy::xmas::dreamy:

Stage..im no master..im in the same grade as you folks..

-I got kept back in HB University for fooling around too much with the kit. :rofl:

the graduate class sadly, some awesome HB growers have moved on, but many are still here too..and growing. :thumb:

Well dear friends another nice week in the High Brix world. I gave some more destress on Monday at 7ml per cup and saved the second half of the spray in the fridge. Plants were still wet monday so I waited till Tuesday morning.I didnt have time to let my water vent off the chlorine so I grabbed three gallons of distilled from the local market to do my transplant drench. Plants were looking dry and just starting to wilt. You will see the leaves have the tiniest hint of droop. I think that's the perfect time to wet them again.

IMG_377911.JPG

Full strength transplant is 1oz for six plants but mine are so young and there is so long to go I cut that in half for the first one. So 1/2 oz is 15ml split into 3 gallons is 5 ml per gallon of transplant.
I set up my tub and filled with one gallon and started the drench. I let them soak in the tub for 5 minutes then poured some more of the drench over the top. Then I lifted them on an angle and let the water drain out until it was just dripping slowly. I put those in a saucer to drain some more and drenched the next two. And so on and so on till all 8 were done.
IMG_378011.JPG
IMG_37868.JPG
IMG_378711.JPG

You can see the nice leaves and the tiny bit of droop here. The X6 is still a bit yellow but she was planted a week later than the others whom are all super green and happy. I expect her to green out in a few more days. She was a sickly clone to start.
IMG_37859.JPG
IMG_378411.JPG
IMG_37838.JPG
IMG_37829.JPG
IMG_378112.JPG

So next drench will be the first Growth Energy drench and I will start the Brix foliar as well. I am expecting big things!

Very nice update, SF! :thumb:

Subbing in to see how this goes. Will have to go back and get myself up to date. I'm on the fence with high BRIX right now, not sure what to make of it. Would love to see a technical writeup of exactly what is happening, in the soil, and in the plant.

Take a look at Doc Bud's journal "In the lab with Docbud". Its a very long read but very good and informative. Some of the precepts are that we are using a soil that has been analyzed and supplemented to make high brix growing possible. We are calcium heavy and potassium starved in an attempt to make plants stronger by incorporating calcium into their cell wall. The soil is the key here, we are feeding the microbiota in the soil and the plant asks for what it needs from the microbiota. There is also an absence of excessive organic matter in the soil. This is not a compost heavy soil.

Drenches and foliar sprays are used at different times to change the chemistry of the plant and in the soil. For example the cationic drench is used in flower to change the soil charge after bud set and really get the plant to vigorously flower. I am still learning myself so not the one to too much depth , but to me the general idea is a living soil that interacts with the plant. We control the biological activity of the soil and change what the plant is inclined to do by changing ingredients in the drenches and foliars.

Subbing in to see how this goes. Will have to go back and get myself up to date. I'm on the fence with high BRIX right now, not sure what to make of it. Would love to see a technical writeup of exactly what is happening, in the soil, and in the plant.

It is all done with S&M (smoke & mirrors). Or it may be the 3 M's = microbes, minerals, magic. Whatever "it" is, it works.

First drench with Growth Energy., Set up as always. It takes 3 gallons to saok my 8 1 gallon pots so distributed 1/2 oz (15ml) the lower end of GE drenches but its the first one so I went low) amongst the three gallons and drenched for 5 minutes while pouring extra over the top, then drained them untl the drips slowed down to once every few seconds and put them in a saucer to drain. Moved them down conveyor style emptying the pans as I went until all were done. Next is a Brix foliar in a day or so.
IMG_39374.JPG
IMG_39384.JPG
IMG_39395.JPG
IMG_39403.JPG
IMG_39418.JPG
IMG_39426.JPG
IMG_39436.JPG
IMG_39448.JPG

Well done buckaroo. :laughtwo: You figured out the smooth assembly line right from the get-go. I had a similar system set up for all of mine. Makes life so much easier, doesn't it? I knew you'd make this easy. Thank you for documenting it so well. Takes away a lot of the angst newbies feel coming in. Reps+ of course. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Back
Top Bottom