Small Space Grow#3 - JillyBean - Strawberry Diesel - Chemmy Jones

Still with you Buddy.

Just riding along watching this interesting conversation on making fem seeds.

I say, throw her in the dump.......like you said...she's making things hard on you.
Doesn't sound like she's worth the trouble. :Namaste: OMM's 2 cents.

Strawberry weed sounds so good to me! Wish it were being a better behaved beeyotch for you, Q.

That's what I said too! Especially mixed with a Diesel (I love the smell and taste of diesel flowers!)

Primarily, though, the Strawberry Cough parent in this cross, is supposed to be great for anti-anxiety, and a nice relaxing smooth high...And Sour D is always a pleasure in that regard too.

I choose my strains, most times, based on the effects they are said to have, and was stoked to try this one.
But alas, it wasn't meant to be...See my post to OMM below.
Thanks for bearing with me, buddy, and thanks for all the advice:thumb:
:Namaste:

Still with you Buddy.

Just riding along watching this interesting conversation on making fem seeds.

I say, throw her in the dump.......like you said...she's making things hard on you.
Doesn't sound like she's worth the trouble. :Namaste: OMM's 2 cents.
I know you're always around, my good friend:thumb:

Well, its funny you should mention it, because I scrapped the Strawberry last night....
The kids managed to clog up the toilet on in the upstairs bathroom, and will surely need the downstairs bathroom this morning. So, last night, I decided I'd check on the plant, and sure enough, a big ass cluster of nanners were starting to form just under the bud I chopped off the other day. She WAS in fact herming, and I have no regrets about the action taken.
Makes me feel good, too, knowing I did what OMM would have done:high-five:

I should have taken pictures of the nanners, but I was a bit ticked off and just chopped and tossed without thinking about it. Sorry guys.

I will put the cab back in place in the bedroom today, and start germing some SleeSkunk:yahoo:
I may add one Fem seed to the next grow. Here are my options, and I'll consider votes!

-Head Band--Reserva Privada

-White Widow--Dinafem

-Blue Widow--Dinafem

-Blueberry Gum--G13

-Delahaze--Paradise

-Gigabud--G13

-Confidential Cheese--Reserva Privada

-Cheese--Dinafem

-Buhda Tahoe OG--Cali Connection

Afghan Haze 33--CH9

-Super Silver--Dinafem

-The OG#18--Reserva Privada

-MKage--TH Seeds

When I said "junk", I meant "hermie in a bad way".......You won't regret pitching it, especially needing the bathroom and all. We have the same bathroom issue here (minus the hermie plant in the cab) LOL

Good, She is Gone!:thumb:

Thanks for the flattery ....I eat it up! :Namaste:

Headband, Blue Widow, and MKage have all been praised lately, but any on that list should do you well. OGs are good too.

I miss the days when my boys were kids. They kept me busy. :high-five:

Junk you say huh?....Hmmmm...I'm not a fan of junk!
This has helped me make another decision; If this plant doesn't start putting on weight and fast, she'll be the first plant I've ever culled. She's taking up valuable real estate, both by being in the cab alone, and by the placement of the cab in my bathroom!
In all the craziness of moving the cab yesterday, I managed to forget to close the lid on the auto seeds I was germing. They were pretty dried out, and the tip of the tap root on one was slightly brown....Flushed 'em.

I'm ready to start germing some seeds for the next grow, and the Strawberry Diesel is the only thing standing between me and that progress, soooo....

Anyway, thank you again for looking in and for the advice:Namaste:

bummer bro,,, no chance they would have been ok? dang i was hopin to see how autos treated you, since i have a few going and all, im kinda bummed cuz thus far all the regular autos i have germed have failed or shown up male, my mi5 showed me baby balls last night,so i now have 3 males to collect pollen from, or trash, you know im to soft to do that, i have been just collecting pollen from males and freezing it, and starting more seeds, but i still have plenty of good girls to get knocked up, (wink)

Well, its funny you should mention it, because I scrapped the Strawberry last night....
The kids managed to clog up the toilet on in the upstairs bathroom, and will surely need the downstairs bathroom this morning. So, last night, I decided I'd check on the plant, and sure enough, a big ass cluster of nanners were starting to form just under the bud I chopped off the other day. She WAS in fact herming, and I have no regrets about the action taken.

I should have taken pictures of the nanners, but I was a bit ticked off and just chopped and tossed without thinking about it. Sorry guys.

I will put the cab back in place in the bedroom today, and start germing some SleeSkunk:yahoo:
I may add one Fem seed to the next grow. Here are my options, and I'll consider votes!

-White Widow--Dinafem

-Blue Widow--Dinafem

-Blueberry Gum--G13

-Delahaze--Paradise

-Gigabud--G13

-Cheese--Dinafem

Afghan Haze 33--CH9

-Super Silver--Dinafem

-MKage--TH Seeds
you didnt even save it for hash? :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: damn thats harsh! musta been pretty pissed!! i would have dried the buds for a taste test for that SD flavor or hash later ,but thats me i cant throw anything away(not easily anyway) oh well you still made a good decision
ok im voting for blueberry gum ,im growing one it looks really good and sounds like a killer cross!!
(for the price im expecting great things lol)
it germmed fast and is very stout at 1 month

Damnit. Just lost a super long reply to you. Probably better as I'm sure I rambled.

First, I knew your intuition was solid - you can see it in how in tune you are with your plants. You saw this coming and did the right thing. :bravo:

Second, love your strain list - you have great taste in strains. I personally favor OG18 and Headband. I like RP's strains, and those should be winners.

As I understand it, OG18 is supposed to be a great OG variant that they found when trying to bring OG Kush into seedform. Same Chemdawg genetics that are so tried true and proven. I've heard/read tons of good feedback on this one. Supposed to be a little more sour, and a little better yielding than OG Kush.

As an aside, OG18 is in their new seed-form "Skywalker OG" (which I want so bad it hurts) lol. Skywalker OG is 420's (our fearless leader here) favorite strain/cut (a lot of peoples favorite it seems), and if the seed-form of this is as good as the legendary clone, it should be fabulous. I was intrigued that they have OG18 in their attempt at having this strain in seed.

BTW, Why do they come out with stuff like this that I want so bad, when I have too many seeds and too little $$ already?? ;)

Headband is OG and Sour D, and sounds like would fit your tastes perfectly.

Hell, they all look like they'd be great strains. Good call again on the Strawberry beasty. :thumb:

bummer bro,,, no chance they would have been ok?
Naahh, they was fu*ked bro.

you didnt even save it for hash? :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: damn thats harsh! musta been pretty pissed!!

4 week old buds dont make for anything good buddy. I've smoked them, vaped them and had edibled made with mid flower tragedies before...Not worth the time my friend.
She did me a favor, to tell you the truth. Now I have room for all the SleeSkunk and BlueWidow I'm getting ready to germ.
Thanks for the concern though home slice:thanks:

Sorry for no updates...Been busy with...stuff...

Everything still looks fine, going to be a small yield though. I'm looking into air pots, and smart pots, to help increase the potential of my spaces. Yield is very much in relation to root mass, and being rootbound severely decreases yield....More to come on that later.
I threw 5 Sleestack X Skunk seeds, and 2 Chemmy Jones seed, into the ol paper towel on Friday night....18 hours later they were all cracked. Another 48 hours later they were all perfectly ready for planting. They went into the little square 16oz pots, with Happy frog soil.
I'm going to try something different this time, and transplant into FF Ocean Forrest at about 1.5-2 weeks above ground. I've done FFOF to FFOF, And HF to HF, but never HF to FFOF. They seem to like the Frog better for starts, and the Ocean Forrest for mid to late veg, and flower.
It'll be a 50/50 perlite/soil mix as usual.

Oh yeah, all 7 seeds are regs...Be damned if I dont get some balls in this grow!
(Bet you never heard anyone say THAT before, huh?:thumb:)
The Jilly Bean under the HPS is starting to foxtail, while the runt, still under pure CFL, is not; Her buds are small though...She MAY give me 7 grams lol

Chemwreck Kushes are looking chunky, for small plants, and look to be ready in 2.5 weeks or less?
Barely any pistils turning yet, which is nice, but cant wait to see the light orange on the Jillys!

I'll get pics up this weekend. Hope you all are well:Namaste:

Damnit. Just lost a super long reply to you. Probably better as I'm sure I rambled.
BS, you spit majic when you ramble buddy, my pleasure to have you ramble here, welcome anytime! Sorry I missed it.
First, I knew your intuition was solid - you can see it in how in tune you are with your plants. You saw this coming and did the right thing. :bravo:
Thank you very Kindly my friend:Namaste:
Second, love your strain list - you have great taste in strains. I personally favor OG18 and Headband. I like RP's strains, and those should be winners.

As I understand it, OG18 is supposed to be a great OG variant that they found when trying to bring OG Kush into seedform. Same Chemdawg genetics that are so tried true and proven. I've heard/read tons of good feedback on this one. Supposed to be a little more sour, and a little better yielding than OG Kush.

As an aside, OG18 is in their new seed-form "Skywalker OG" (which I want so bad it hurts) lol. Skywalker OG is 420's (our fearless leader here) favorite strain/cut (a lot of peoples favorite it seems), and if the seed-form of this is as good as the legendary clone, it should be fabulous. I was intrigued that they have OG18 in their attempt at having this strain in seed.
So then, Skywalker OG and, just plain Skywalker are two totally different strains?....Interesting:hmmmm:
BTW, Why do they come out with stuff like this that I want so bad, when I have too many seeds and too little $$ already?? ;)
Because, my friend, if I have to suffer, so do you lol....
Headband is OG and Sour D, and sounds like would fit your tastes perfectly.

Hell, they all look like they'd be great strains. Good call again on the Strawberry beasty. :thumb:
I think I'm gonna try something a little more sativa, actually...I'm thinking Delahaze now.....:reading420magazine:

Sorry I'm just now getting back to you!!

Bummer that he/she didn't work out better, but it sounds like you have already moved on to better things. :thumb:

I agree with OMM any on your list would be good.

Eh, I'm a little bummed I didn't get to try her genetics, but then, I kinda did in a way huh?:icon_roll

Thanks for the kind word my friend:thanks:

Random observation...(Sisco Pointed it out before....)
My vatar can be seen as a frowny, or angry face...Or two doves watching eachother's back lol...I like the duplicity....:lot-o-toke:

-White Widow--Dinafem

-Blue Widow--Dinafem

-Blueberry Gum--G13

-Delahaze--Paradise

-Gigabud--G13

-Cheese--Dinafem

Afghan Haze 33--CH9

-Super Silver--Dinafem

-MKage--TH Seeds

I agree with the RP strains. I just planted a RP headband a few weeks back but it didn't pop :(

I also have all the march promo seeds and the dinafem freebies you have, I have a buddha tahoe og seedling going right now.

I agree with the RP strains. I just planted a RP headband a few weeks back but it didn't pop :(

I also have all the march promo seeds and the dinafem freebies you have, I have a buddha tahoe og seedling going right now.

Hey there S4D, and :welcome:
Thanks for stopping in!
I've reeeeealy been wanting to try the HeadBand, I ordered her special out of the pick n mix, a while back. I haven't had many Kushes, but am intrigued by them. I am however a huge fan of Sour D, and I figure its a great cross with OG Kush....
I'm still undecided on the fem seed to crack, but have already planted 7 regular seeds. I'm thinking something a little more sativa, like the Delahaze....
Anyway, I'll have to check you out, since you have some of the same strains as me, I'd like to watch the Buddha! Thanks again for stopping in!

What's the difference in smartpots and airpots?

First off thanks for stopping in and :welcome:
I guess you could say that the biggest difference is that the Airpots are made of a really cool plastic with holes all down the sides of them.
The SmartPots are made of a fiborous mesh-like material...
The concept is the same in both. they both promote air pruning of the roots, and prevent root circling....
Cost is also a factor. The SmartPots are a bit cheaper, which is why I'm trying them first....
It may be better explained by the experts lol...
Here's the link to the smartPots
Smart Pots - Container Gardening, Hydroponic Fabric Containers

And the link to the AirPots...
AirPots
Yea! Me too....I want hear the answer too :bravo:

Lol, thats it OMM, I'm coming over to your thread and puttin YOU on the spot:rofl::circle-of-love:

Hope the links can explain it better than I:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom