Smokemup's Latest Grow - Going For 1+lb! 400W MH/HPS - Soil - Indoor

* PHOTO UPDATE - TERESA IN VEG *

Welcome everyone, to my latest update! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and have a look at whats going on here..
Ok, So firstly I have to say again that she is growing well, branching out like a CHAMPION!!:cheer::cheer:
Ive started training some of her branches now and she s looking great atm - As long as I dont break her she should do ok. I thought I had some kind of mold on my soil but it turned out to be dodgy water saving pellet things, As a result I let her dry a bit more just to make sure it wasnt water logged ( my MoistureMeter/PH meter is stuffed-getn new one soon;) ) And anyway I looked into her run off tray and she now has roots that extend all the way to the sides and bottom of her pot! She s gunna break her pot to pieces at this rate..
Re potting her later I hope not to have to do but I may have to contemplate it???? She s in a 35L pot now and this is the same as which Ive grown larger plants, So hopng this gal is the same, She is 100% fast developer:thumb: Theres a few leaves Ive had to trim and even on the new branch shoots themselves as theyre quite large too. I have her set out nearly as good as I could hope, its all upto my TLC and her ability to mature big enough to my wanting and not being root bound and stunted.. TRICKY ONE...
PICS ARE HERE ANYWAY :) ::

2013-07-19_09_22_30.jpg
Nearly touching pot edges..
2013-07-19_09_21_17.jpg
2013-07-19_09_21_37.jpg
2013-07-19_09_21_58.jpg
2013-07-19_09_22_11.jpg
2013-07-19_09_21_47.jpg

Hope you can make out her branches and how theyre tethered, theres now a couple more since them pics, But she is basiacally the same.
And from now, She will be getting none other than GG7's GENEROUS DONATION OF Blue Planet Nutrients Finest:) So I hope she will have what she needs to keep up this growing, I really love her shape atm, hoping GOOD THINGS WILL COME,GOOD THINGS:Namaste: I may have to start Fungus Gnat Prevention now Ive seen a couple :( Asshlz... Ok so Cheers again for dropping in and will chat soon ok. Catch ya, Smokemup:thumb:

Thank you RunWolf;)
Yeah she s nearly at the point where most of her tethering stops and she gets to grow VERTICALLY:):) So at this rate Id say about 1 week or so away and then Ill adjust her tethers, trim what I have to off and leave her do her thing pretty much...
As I said I am hoping that I do not suffer any issues with Rootbinding in the pot, I always use the same ways, which allows the root s to grow thru pebbles and usually they stay around that area in a nice ball, But seeing them appear so quickly after transplant was a surprise really..So this is why I think she may live upto her nickname of TREES ARE GREEN ( Teresa Green ) and form into a 15ft GOLIATH GANJA GODDESS OF BUDS:adore::adore::rollit: lol... It be good if I get a good yield tho, just to reassure myself that I CAN DO IT!!!
Cheers for the kind remarks.. Later RunWolf;) Smokemup

Thanks Spimp;)
Yeah I hope that she will grow well as she is and I dont have any issues during flower. I am going easier on the feeding of her as I may have been causing lock out or such from over feeding, I couldnt get an accuratew PH reading I discovered after the harvest as my PH meter shit itslef. I looked at some recently and the only decent one I saw was $250 :/ Maybe a good investment later but for now I just a new meter w/light meter too;) Tho light is not a problem at this stage. Long as I spread her out properly she should be easy to maintain.
Cheers again for driving by :welcome::high-five: Smokemup

Thanks buddy..
Yeah well Im not sure with your Reveg girl, Ive tried it once or twice in my time and only limited knowledge but I am certain my Old Skool Growers had a 3rd Generation MOTHER PLANT?? I swear thats right, three times they Re-Vegged a mom.. IS THAT POSSIBLE, Or have I been told bullcrap? I know 2nd Gens happen but yeah since I am not 100% on all the associated requirements needed to grow it again.
But for you, as long as you have the space VEG ON MY FRIEND:thumb: I havent gotten much more than 2.4ft of stretch average, So base it on that I guess - Is she inside??
Anyways, I just thought Id add a little side note to a post I tried to do earlier but it didnt do its job and my PC wouldnt load page X( Grrr.... But yeah, when I started out this grow, as always I started with 2 seedlings and cull one of them, I choose 1 on its looks and condition - I was going to keep the shorter of the 2 as it looked good, but went witht he one I have.. Doing this I accidentally got 2 straight grows of the same strain ( even tho I thought I had only 1 seed of that type? ) and so this time I really hoped for something new..... AND IT APPEARS I MAY HAVE GOTTEN LUCKY:slide::slide: As at her present stage of growth/time, She has shown me fast development of not only leaves but of branches and shoots from them too, as I said her fans now are nearing my full hand size of 7" long palm to finger tip, and near as wide too. These are forming off her tethered branches also giving me one intimidating LST'd plant!!
There's also one more thing that I have noticed earlier than most of my recent grows - SHE SMELLS!!! In a good way too, She has big fat Sativa looking leaves with a noticeable smell reminiscent of plants Ive not grown for a few years now;) SO I AM KINDA EXCITED ATM!!!:high-five: There would only be 1 or if Im lucky maybe 2 of these strain seeds I had sitting around, Not 100% if its same but in same bag so I gather theyre same source too.
I may just have some really good strength and quality weed if this girl keeps up what she s doing! Ive got her feeding program sorted now, as Ive had to physically check her moisture often and by doing this Ive learned that after a water - She has enough moisture to last her close to 3 days so nearly every 3rd day she will get a water or feed. Feeding is really monitored now, I am trying to make up for the silly changes I made last couple grows. OH AND I FOUND A NEW PRODUCT CALLED " %% Repair " ( sorry Im not posting real brand name in case I get in trouble! )its an aussie product I think that apparently is great for late in flower if your plant shows signs of yellowing due to a certain reason this stuff is meant to bring it back to green! Wouldve loved that ages ago.. But the reason I had these issues was most likely caused by an abundance of nutes/lockout something like that So Im trying to not over feed the soil, it has nutes among it so shouldnt require much until she gets into the 1.5ft-2ft tall region, just some good old BPN VitaBlue and Seaweed @ 10ml ea.p/9L..
Now after a few convo's about the " BEST " Ph to have your soil at, well some say 6.5,6.6,6.8,7.0?? Ive looked at 2 or maybe 3 charts on Plants Availability of Nutes @ X PH, Soil and Hydro.. Of course the soil applies to me!! Now the major nutrients are available at 6.5 and up to 7, But apparently below 6.4 or so, theres other nutes un-available if you were to go direct off one of those charts.. I initially NEVER used to check my PH AT ALL and grew well but that was majorly outside so that may explain that but I added no ferts into the soil I put them in, they only ever got Seaweed juice... I used to watch the plants slowly kill off the fans from base to top as it matured and that was normal as far as I was shown so I didnt mind seeing leaves dying during late flower, But now I get paranoid and think OH WHATS THE PH??? Since my PH meter only gave me a 6.7 reading even if it were up a camels ass, I was wrong for last few grows anyway!! Stoopid stoopid:/ But yeah I now have a decent meter which also has a LUX meter;) So can check on darker areas to see what the lighting is that gets to the darkest areas. BONUS!! Its not top of the line but I will get that digital one soon.. As I dont see me going Hydro in no time soon, So for long term reliable results its best to invest in something you wont have to replace evry 5 mnths..
Take care everyone and thanks again RunWolf - PICS SOON OK GUYS.. Chat soon, Smokemup

Teresa is looking SWEET, Smokem :)

Massive roots and strong growth. What more can an indoor gardener wish for?

You explain things very well, I love your protracted ramblings.

I feel that I have learned a lot from reading your previous journals

and look forward to seeing Teresa fulfil her vast potential.

You are very inspiring, like an expert cowboy or an investigator :xmas:

* PHOTO UPDATE - Teresa DAY 35 of Veg *

Welcome all to my latest update on Teresa's grow.. Since separating her she has been a good growing plant with massive roots,this being A GOOD THING for the basis of a big grow IMO.
The roots that are startin to poke their heads out of the drainage holes I hope will kinda stay put or turn around?? :/ Dunno, but yeah just hope theres no root issues. I still have Gnats to take care of and I best get onto that sooner than later!! THEY MAKE HULK SMASH!!
Oh and some good news too guys - No longer will you need to squint to make my pics out,Nor shall you see brown buds when theyre green with lots of color ( I took 1 pic of a nug b4! ) so I hope the pics are clearer for you guys.
Ive only started feeding her the same as I said before, Some VitaBlue & Seaweed, she has had a few fan leaves removed, and I have some pics here that are a couple days ago, so if they look OUTTA-WHACK thats why!! She s taking time to gain vertical height but I think thats because she s devleoping her branches so much.
Well enough chit chat, here s some snaps guys :):)

camera_138.jpg
camera_147.jpg
Think these 2 are older ones??

camera_178.jpg
camera_179.jpg

OH AND HERES HOW MY BUDS REALLY LOOK - Not that brown shaded crap, I finally got my old camera goin:thumb:So I can take bit better pics than the Ol' 2MP camera!!

camera_180.jpg
camera_181.jpg
Teresa from above,nearly anyway:)
camera_183.jpg
She s getting so many branches!
camera_184.jpg
camera_185.jpg
camera_182.jpg

Ahh so there you have it, Thats my girl uptil now pretty much.. She is still giving off a great odor, first time Ive noticed this in a while, So its got my attention due to this, NOT SAYING THAT COS YA PLANT SMELLS ITS THE BOMB!! But when you ve had some grows that have only emitted a smell during flower say, and then you get one that smells nearly as noticeable as the mature plant at such an early stage it does get you intrigued;) And Im hooked!! So now, its to me to just be careful and go about this slowly and not rush myself, a broken main stem is not what I need atm thats for sure.
Well hope you liked my latest update will post again in due time, Cheers guys. Smokemup:welcome::420:

THanks Rico! ;)
Well they were better but I still have to figure these filters and such out, plus I played with the ISO and shutter speed so I may go back to the Standard config. as focusing was better, theres some crazy macro pics Ive taken that show YUMMO TRICHS!
Once Ive finished stuffing around Ill go thru em and put up some of my buds in ACTUAL COLOR.. Omg. O-o ...Wow!! 3D mate! lol..
I hope you got the basic idea of Teresa and how she s forming, I love her branching its looking great, I removed another massive fan leaf before as it was being pushed into and sweating other leaves, So off it goes.
Her vertical height is not gainig as much as her width, But as i said she may start to play catch up once she s gone a bit past her tethers.
Cheers again matey, Chat soon. Smokmeup

Jimmy;) Hey buddy..
Yeah thats it ay! I was tired of posting pics that were brown and not actually showing her colors as best as they coulve been so now you all shall see my nugs in some better clarity at least.
Howve you been mate?? Hope things are well.. Ill drive by soon ok after I finish my pics.. Be cool Later buds, Smokemup

THANKS DHARMA:):)
Many thanks for the + reps, I put that down to being able to actually see my pics a little clearer! lol.. But yeah cheers, she s doing well and I hope that in another 5 weeks she will be around the 2.5-3ft area in height :wood::wood: She may just be a fat bottom girl or sumthin;)
Ok well Im off to load up these snaps of my nugs so you can see what you think, I hope theyre an improvement!!
Take it easy Dharma, Smokemup

Hi Spimp;)
Well yeah Ive pretty much done the same thing for years now, I pop 2 of em and assess them and pick the best IMO - I sometimes wonder what the other couldve been, but yeah I would maybe do 2 p/grow but theyd be restricted and alot of stuffing around for me in my space.
So thats why I aim to go for above 1pound, as it gives me time to reelax and cruise along as its predecessor grows alongside. Also if I was able to get some certain strains regularly, Id be more inclined to do a couple at a later stage when I have more room..
Teresa is so far one of my healthier looking plants and developing too, She is now just over 1ft tall ONLY 3 MORE TO GO:cheer:
she s running on a 17/7 light schedule, and guess what - Her soil is ALIVE:) I spied with my little eye, some SOIL MITES!! I was happy to see them actually, Ive not noticed many last couple grows. Im not freaking out and thinking theyre Spider mite - PUT THE PYRETHRUM SPRAY DOWN.... I dont like that stuff any more, think its not ganja friendly - Well the stuff Ive got anyway!
OKey Dokey, well Im gunna boot off and hit the pipe and Chill for a while, got me a movie to watch;)
Take care everyone, chat soon, Smokemup

Hmmm... Interesting:hmmmm::hmmmm:
I Raise my Light, Teresa is more perky and looks happier?? So I think Ill just keep it like this for a few days and maybe raise again by an inch or so, She does need to gain more Vertical height in her original main cola, its still just above the others, but if not for tethers id say theyd be pretty close to each other.
She has nearly reached the edge of the pot with her main stem, which means I dont have to pull her down anymore really, if anything its just minor tweaking during her last couple of adjustments before she out grows the diameter of her pot.
I hope the 35L will be enough, when I looked at the last couple of root balls, I noticed that while there were solid thick roots up top surface thru the middle it was mainly inter-connected via thinner web like roots and then a gathering around the rocks on the base which gives an inch or so of roots to tangle themselves among and soak up some juice when she s thirsty;) Lucy's roots did have some slight discoloration, slightly brown, but IMO most of this was just due to the build up of crap from runoff of nutes and such, you can hose down the roots and they lighten up in color some, So they should be ok ??
This girl will be crazy as her last pot was bound in roots - Soil you say, What soil??? :) Not that bad but yeah she s got BASE.. Not BASS. lol... Im taking my time trimming her, I know theyre meant to replace em and such I just want to play this one bit more precise compared to the lacklustre prior effort.
Ok, Well think thats about it - Thanks for stopping by evryone, Ill catch up soon. Smokem..:thanks::yummy::reading420magazine:

Hey Invi,
Cheers for dropping in buddy.. Thanks for kind words and yeah you can see the buds better in these pics, and Teresa sure is going well atm, I hope that she keeps it up as Im expecting alot from her!
So Ill give her what she wants until she s Flowering then I shall see what she has to offer me for my care - Better be over a pound!!! Oh well time will tell mate so just keeping my grow nice and steady, nothing rushed or done carelessly. Another month or so and I hope she be lookin real good:thumb::circle-of-love: Glad to see ya drop in Take care and chat soon k. Smokemup

Back
Top Bottom