Snoop Tries Doc's Kit - Spring/Summer 2015

Oh goodie another high brix thread. I'm in.

Welcome to my journal Neikodog. Nice looking dogs. My friends have a German shepherd that I get to dog sit occasionally and love it but never had a my own dog. I keep checking the shelters but haven't seen any young ones up for adoption yet. :Rasta:

Welcome to my journal Neikodog. Nice looking dogs. My friends have a German shepherd that I get to dog sit occasionally and love it but never had a my own dog. I keep checking the shelters but haven't seen any young ones up for adoption yet. :Rasta:

Good for you, just be very mindful of their temperament, that is key to a stable healthy dog especially high prey drive dogs. :high-five:

As we discussed before I wasn't following your watering instructions and was over watering. Those Ak just went through a 10 day period to dry out and finally got a good drink. I'll wait and watch for some recovery.

The Skunk was transplanted 8 days ago form 1 gal into there 7 gal. I'm under the impression that as soon as the roots make the bottom of the pot they should start to take off and recover. They were not as root bound as maybe they could have been so there lack of new growth this week wasn't that surprising to me. I was going to wait for them to get a little droopy before they got there a drink of growth.

Should I still apply Brix today even though they look a little under the weather?

No. Brix ramps up photosynthesis, so wait until they look like they could use a good boost, like pushing someone on a swing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Once again, your grow looks wonderful. Nice and clean. :goodjob:

About dogs, especially German Shepherds. I have had GSDs for my whole adult life and temperament is important. They are so smart you need to keep them occupied so they don't get destructive. I live on a farm and all my GSDs have been centered on me and what I want to do. Right now my GSD herds sheep along with my Aussie and looks to me for commands. If you have enough private time you can donate to both your grow and your intended dog then try to find a pup from a breeder. Watch out for bad hips and elbows. Select a pup that has been socialized and not stuck in a kennel. :Namaste:

I've been reading from the beginning and your harvest will look like a dream garden if all goes well. :Rasta:

Good Morning Duggan, The SCing went well. Depending on the plant Im still pinching a little bit here are there. Last night when I was taking a look I noticed the one plant had 4 mains and a couple others wanting to join the party. I figured I would help out and grabbed the rope and clips. Gently tied down 2 of them. Going to pick up a few more clips today and see if I can end up with around 8-12. I also noticed some pre flowers starting to show.

20150525_232718.jpg

Today is moving day and plants are getting DeStress. Plants will be moved back into the 4x4 with the Mars 900. Everything was cleaned and tested and should be more comfortable for them in there. Hopefully the move and light change wont cause to much extra stress and they adapt well.

I'll be giving them the Rescue drench sometime this week as recommended by Doc. Just wanted them to dry out a little more so there not getting over watered. :Rasta:

Good Morning Duggan, The SCing went well. Depending on the plant Im still pinching a little bit here are there. Last night when I was taking a look I noticed the one plant had 4 mains and a couple others wanting to join the party. I figured I would help out and grabbed the rope and clips. Gently tied down 2 of them. Going to pick up a few more clips today and see if I can end up with around 8-12. I also noticed some pre flowers starting to show.

20150525_232718.jpg

Today is moving day and plants are getting DeStress. Plants will be moved back into the 4x4 with the Mars 900. Everything was cleaned and tested and should be more comfortable for them in there. Hopefully the move and light change wont cause to much extra stress and they adapt well.

I'll be giving them the Rescue drench sometime this week as recommended by Doc. Just wanted them to dry out a little more so there not getting over watered. :Rasta:

You're getting right back on track. The new growth looks great!

Action plan:

1. rescue drench
2. prune from the bottom up, leaving 4 nodes intact counting from the top down.

This will put you right back into "perfect"

Thanks for the positive vibe TG. The learning process is a a lot of fun. Sure there a little rough around the edges right now but hopefully the move will help and I can turn them around. Looking at the Double Thia that are the youngest and seem to be growing a lot slower on top then the others. Ive also followed Doc's watering instructions with those and seem to be doing well.

I have check the websites of local breeders and they seem to say all the right things. Would most likely check out the breeder were Hazel came from if go that route. It would be great to have a sidekick around. The last time she was here she would sleep on every section of my couch. I don't let her on the furniture but after I went to bed she took full advantage. :Rasta:

You're getting right back on track. The new growth looks great!

Action plan:

1. rescue drench
2. prune from the bottom up, leaving 4 nodes intact counting from the top down.

This will put you right back into "perfect"

Thanks Doc I like having a plan to follow. Would you still wait a day or 2 before the rescue drench to let them dry out a little more first? The top of the soil is still moist.

ok..made it before June..yayyy...:lot-o-toke:

Hi Ziggy, Thanks for stopping by! :passitleft: Cannabutter question for you. I had some in the freezer that I had used before for making cookies. This time I found the cookies a little lackluster. Only thing I did different was put the butter in the microwave to soften it up (melted a bunch of it). Would that affect it or do you think its tolerance? I do eat them daily. :Rasta:

Ok time for a little update:

Still waiting for things to dry out a little more so I can water and feed. Its like waiting for paint to dry. Just keep telling myself relax and everything in time. I did spray some DeStress today and worked the ropes on the Skunk.

20150528_104027.jpg

20150528_103957.jpg

And a shot of the family

20150528_104139.jpg

Have a great day :Rasta:

Ok time for a little update:

Still waiting for things to dry out a little more so I can water and feed. Its like waiting for paint to dry. Just keep telling myself relax and everything in time. I did spray some DeStress today and worked the ropes on the Skunk.

20150528_104027.jpg

20150528_103957.jpg

And a shot of the family

20150528_104139.jpg

Have a great day :Rasta:

Snoop...ya brotha , that one there at the top left....you just tied the leader down on it...perfect ...see what you can do with the G.H"s.. control and cultivate them to your liking. You have done a great job SC"ing that one. A good practice as well, is , a good excuse to use a little De-Stress, depending on how many tops your messin with .Doc's advise is ,as always , right on.Nice job so far Snoop! :thumb:

Dude Im already thinking its going to get tight in there.. Chances are there are a few dudes that will come out. Happy that those Double Thia are staying small at this point but im sure that will change soon. :Rasta:

Hello everybody,

All the plants got a little love on Saturday.

The Skunk got its first drench in the 7 gal. The leaves have a nice colour and they got a little trim underneath and have been filling in nicely.
20150601_190701.jpg

The Ak received the Rescue Drench and got a trim. I also tied the mains over on 2 of them and top the other.
20150601_190922.jpg

Last but not least the Double Thia received a drink of Transplant (1/4 strength so just a little bit)

The colour has been going downhill with the Thia over the last week or so. Some yellowing and fading. No over watering with these ones but im guessing same issue with my friends in the soil not doing much right now.
20150601_191049.jpg

This is a little concerning. I have been noticing a little damage on a few leaves of different plants. It looks like something might be eating them but I cant find anything else to back that up. Nothing on the underside of the leaves, no webs nothing. So here is a pic anyway.
20150601_191306.jpg

Going to spray some Brix on the Skunk tomorrow. Was going to wait a bit longer on the Ak. Thats it for now. :Rasta:

Family Shot

20150604_181319.jpg

Those Double Thia just woke up as soon as i raised them. Thinking of potting up and going to bloom. They could use more time but cant stay around all summer. Only mixed up one batch of soil so going to have to double up a couple plants i think. :ganjamon:

They all look so beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom