Stevehman's Advanced LED's Height Test - 720W - Gigabud - Grow 5.0

Looking great, Steve! I just got back from a few days away, too. Wish I had an autopilot system, but managed to pull through! :wood:

Looks like Maer is going to out-do me in that department. He is going to be set for an extended time the way he's going. If I had my R/O hooked up to my res, I could leave for 2 weeks (not for the hempies though). Best to do that during the last 2~3 weeks when reduced nutes would be a benefit though.

Looks like Maer is going to out-do me in that department. He is going to be set for an extended time the way he's going. If I had my R/O hooked up to my res, I could leave for 2 weeks (not for the hempies though). Best to do that during the last 2~3 weeks when reduced nutes would be a benefit though.

*cough* dosing pumps *cough*

BUBBLE-MAGUS - Aquarium Internal skimmer|external skimmer|Dosing pump|Calcium reactor|Nitrate reductor/NO3 reductor|Filters|Turtle shell lampshade|Water monitor and controller|Additives|moonlight LED

I twill be paid for in two grows. I have looked at some of the "engineered" products and think I can do as good a job or better than most of them for 1/3 the price and using the components that I want. Better air and water pumps is the first thought.

Not sure how you managed to spend $8k though, that may be the most expensive real estate in your area ($667 a sq ft).

Yea, the 8K mark includes everything in the project, seeds, wood, ferts, pots, things I don't even use any more.

I don't know if you consider the time and effort, research those things look pretty good. Then once you buy one you can spend 5k customizing! (LOL)

You guys also need a PLC programmer....just saying' ;) (I could learn it fast, I swear!)

Hmmmm, we could make a kick ass fertigator with that knowledge. What do you used USB to serial to control that stuff?

Hmmmm, we could make a kick ass fertigator with that knowledge. What do you used USB to serial to control that stuff?
Add some monitors and controllers, be able to control it all from a PC/server. Monitor pH and PPM and have it hooked to a doser to maintain the levels. Have access to the system from a smart-phone, web cam to look on your girls while out of town. You could add a data logger. Hmmm......wheels turning.

Yep, or any one of a dozen other ways. I like PLCs used to control CO2/Air valves for routing pressurized liquids. I'm thinking of the keg cleaner I revamped. That was a freaking BEAST. I'll bet you could get a scrapped one for pennies on the dollar….it ran on 30psi from an air compressor, and handled hot caustic and hot water (185°F) from a 100gpm pump….

Add some monitors and controllers, be able to control it all from a PC/server. Monitor pH and PPM and have it hooked to a doser to maintain the levels. Have access to the system from a smart-phone, web cam to look on your girls while out of town. You could add a data logger. Hmmm......wheels turning.

With my SGE setup I was already thinking of a pan tilt zoom type camera. There is a grow room controller that has a live PC interface and can notify etc.

You could use x10 or something to control the power on the dosers and have them running at a high rate (1-2ml/min).. you could program a one time dose based on the ml you want..

I don't know of a ph / ppm meter with PC interface that can take continuous readings, google here I come!

I already use temperhum usb temperature humidity sensors and they have a datalog app. Its programmed by Chinese natives so the language is a bit crude but it works.

PCsensor.com - Digital thermometer & hygrometer ,pc usb digital room thermometer & hygrometer (Gold TEMPerHUM)

You guys ever worked with an Arduino--$30 micro computer. You can do all that and more. I've worked up a room monitor/controller in the functional test phase now. 5 temp inputs, 1 humidity input, 2 controller outputs and timer for 2 separate light cycles (veg and flower). Oh and a data logger for all inputs. All parts are under 100 bucks. Gets programmed in C and uploaded via USB. You can set it up to feed a web page if you add an ethernet board.

You guys ever worked with an Arduino--$30 micro computer. You can do all that and more. I've worked up a room monitor/controller in the functional test phase now. 5 temp inputs, 1 humidity input, 2 controller outputs and timer for 2 separate light cycles (veg and flower). Oh and a data logger for all inputs. All parts are under 100 bucks. Gets programmed in C and uploaded via USB. You can set it up to feed a web page if you add an ethernet board.

whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock!

links please, links. And pics, many pics.

OG, do you have a link to all the parts? Sounds like a fun project. I will have to brush up on C though, last time I used that was more than 20 years ago.

Day 25 in 12/12 (pics and data from yesterday):

pH: 5.93
PPM: 1273
EC: 2.527
res: 67
RH: 58
Temp: 85

Pretty uneventful. Just need to fill the top-off res every couple days and wait for these girls to finish getting fat.

DSCN01495.JPG
DSCN01503.JPG
DSCN01512.JPG

I'll back off the ppm a little. Looks like the tips are getting a little toasty.

Here are the future moms: They were all started the same day except for the Ultimate in the front row. The Missing in the back row is that little tiny barely visible sprout. I t has a small set of leaves but is not moving very fast. I'll see how she does over the next few weeks.

The Heavy Duty Fruity (TH Seeds), two big ones in the back row got FIM'd today, they are already on their 5th node. I hope one is a girl since they're the only regular seeds in the group.

On the far left are the two clones; p-chunk and darkstar.

DSCN01522.JPG

I'm pretty stoked that the Lucy and SAGE are looking healthy as well as the White Widow and Blue Venom. It should be a good mix in my stable of moms.

Still have not done the foliar with the SSU yet. I am still a bit apprehensive to spray anything on the plants that may make it's way into the meds. I will probably use a little in the hempy when I water them next (only on 1/2 of them).

One week left to vote for the monthly contests. The NOTM is a close race between my P-chunk and a purple bud...let's go orange!

Also make sure to vote for POTM and MOTM! Looks like GG7 and Mr K are doing well in the polls, but they need more love on the polls. There are more than twice as many votes for the POTM than the MOTM.

Back
Top Bottom