THsea Grows Indoors Soil

Foliar feeding.....nutes on your buds is no biggie. The same stuff is already IN your buds. Just rinse with a water spray the day after (or later the same day). Foliar is great for deficincies like Mg and even N (epsom or seaweed) especially if they may be caused by pH related lockout. The leaves will uptake when the roots can not.

Maxicrop dry seaweed powder is my favorite foliar, has some N and K and helps w/ bugs too. Makes em look nice and green and lush. Spray w/ water tomorrow.
Maxicrop USA : Grow healthy plants with strong root-systems
I also use it for dipping clones and watering seedlings.

:thanks: OG13 gave you some rep' for that post!

Well OMM, looks like you were right (as usual)! :high-five:

EDIT: looking at your Room Controller thread just blew my mind OG13

that maxi crop stuff seems like a good idea, im shopping around on google right now. thinking about gettin the liquid fish npk 5-1-1 for foialar feeding during vegetative . Do you think thats a good idea (Thsea sorry if i am spamming i will take the question elsewhere if you would like)

Ask anything you like! When someone answers, we will all have learned :)

I guess I should take pictures and do an update... Sorry guys, I always get behind in it... Times are a bit tough right now with my girl across the ocean :lot-o-toke:

I'll give a mini-text update though...
Critical + Automatic is the biggest of the seven plants. Fruit has moved from first to second in that regard.. There is some funky thing going down with... I think its the G13 Northern Light Auto... But I will make sure and post individual pics today. And now I have a question guys!

So, my little Afghan Kush Ryder... It has a root... and it popped above the soil.. No leaves. This happen to anyone? I'm going to water it until I know for sure its dead or alive... Gotta hold on to that hope! I tried the WoS Pakistan Ryder that OMM grew... I would love to have a solid middle-eastern indica in the grow! :)

Should be ordering... The pots, the ballast, and the lights this weekend!!
Does anyone know... If you can use a switchable magnetic ballast for CMH?? Mainly looking at you Mr. Gator! If those are okay, they have a 400watt magnetic switchable in town... The price is a little more for the product, but cheaper when you consider the shipping...

Thanks for letting me rant guys! :Namaste:

Hey all! Pictures will be up in probably tonight. Having to work on the garage and tent today.

I was wondering, and since I have my own thread now... :)

This question is for everyone: Have you grown a Purple Haze? If so, from which seedbreeder and how did you like it?

There is a PH for the following seed breeders (that I've found)... Positronics, White Label, and G-13 labs... Since I'm a first time grower I have no clue which would be the best to go with... If anyone has had better results with one of the three companies, let me know! Even if you haven't grown a Purple Haze... I'm leaning towards Positronics, probably because the name sounds cool... The White Label one says it flowers really fast, and for some reason... It seems wrong to me that a haze would finish so soon.

Purple colors typically need cooler temps to be pretty. :smokin:
If you're not up with the telescopes, where you gonna get some a that? :surf:

But... For your first grow, why buy magic beans for big bucks? Win a lottery?
Go get a cutting or two from that Old Med Man, and stick them in wet coir.
Ain't no more to it than that; special gels or wtf ever don't help. Experience does.

Git some

Purple colors typically need cooler temps to be pretty. :smokin:
If you're not up with the telescopes, where you gonna get some a that? :surf:

But... For your first grow, why buy magic beans for big bucks? Win a lottery?
Go get a cutting or two from that Old Med Man, and stick them in wet coir.
Ain't no more to it than that; special gels or wtf ever don't help. Experience does.

Git some

Technically, I live on a mountain. It gets fairly cool to cold every night. ;)

Going with beans as apposed to cuttings.. There are reasons for this, but after my first two or three grows I'll start dabbling in cloning.. Wet coir you say? Gels useless? Things to put in my notes :Namaste:

Not going for big bucks my dear Gator! Never! I'm growing different strains than OMM so there is more variety.. I think he wants to try every strain he can, now thats a goal I can get behind! :high-five:

The price of seeds... Even pricey ones.. Much cheaper than buying meds. I guess its the cost of paradise, but I used to pay ~500 an ounce. Never again!.. Purple Haze is just nostalgic for me.. I could care less about colors, I'm after the effects and taste... But I do, like any stoner, have a weak spot for anthocyanins :)

edit: gonna light up a few, then I'll be back and post those pictures. :) Taking a sabbatical from my cares tonight. Smoke if you got'em! :lot-o-toke:

Technically, I live on a mountain. It gets fairly cool to cold every night. ;)

Going with beans as apposed to cuttings.. There are reasons for this, but after my first two or three grows I'll start dabbling in cloning.. Wet coir you say? Gels useless? Things to put in my notes :Namaste:

Not going for big bucks my dear Gator! Never! I'm growing different strains than OMM so there is more variety.. I think he wants to try every strain he can, now thats a goal I can get behind! :high-five:

The price of seeds... Even pricey ones.. Much cheaper than buying meds. I guess its the cost of paradise, but I used to pay ~500 an ounce. Never again!.. Purple Haze is just nostalgic for me.. I could care less about colors, I'm after the effects and taste... But I do, like any stoner, have a weak spot for anthocyanins :)

edit: gonna light up a few, then I'll be back and post those pictures. :) Taking a sabbatical from my cares tonight. Smoke if you got'em! :lot-o-toke:

Hey THsea:thumb:

Don't over do it, you sounded really tired on the phone today.
Your getting as bad as Sisco on big words. Had to look up anthocyanins .:Namaste:

Thinking about doing an "Old Favorites" grow this time, with only couple of new ones. Best finish what I have growing, before I start thinking of of that though. They are looking good by the way.....beefing up and filling in. :thumb:

Time for some pictures! The first is the... afghan... yea.

The rest are labeled in the pictures. Side shot followed by a top view, enjoy!
afghan5.jpg

criticalplusauto.jpg

criticalplusautotop.jpg

fruitauto.jpg

fruitautotop.jpg

ildiavolo.jpg

ildiavolotop.jpg

ladiva.jpg

ladivatop.jpg

NLautoG13.jpg

NLautoG13top.jpg

royaldwarf.jpg

royaldwarfcloseup.jpg

groupled.jpg

group228.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed! :Namaste:

I'm starting to worry about them being stunted... Since its taking so long to get the pots and the big light... Oh well :) Learning experiences!

I also should have added alot more soil to each cup.. Some look funky because the cup is interfering...

The some of the plants used to be nearly touching the LED, but I moved an inch or two down.. I want them to stretch a little.

Hey THsea:thumb:

Don't over do it, you sounded really tired on the phone today.
Your getting as bad as Sisco on big words. Had to look up anthocyanins .:Namaste:

Thinking about doing an "Old Favorites" grow this time, with only couple of new ones. Best finish what I have growing, before I start thinking of of that though. They are looking good by the way.....beefing up and filling in. :thumb:

Hey OMM, yea it's been a tough couple of days. A favorites grow? I thought thats essentially what you were doing :biglaugh:

OH! I almost forgot! Heres pictures of this odd thing!
sageFIM.jpg

SAGE3.jpg

THsea They all are looking good Buddy! Even the "Old Thing". :Namaste:

Your on the old learning curve now! We can talk about things forever, but until you are actually doing it......you just don't really get to see how things go or the feel of it. By now, you have already made a mental list of what to do next time better. Sure enough..next time is better. Love that the autos are giving you much to think about. I predict your going to do good with these "worthless" girls. :circle-of-love:

Bet it's cold where you are.....it's 81 here and I am freezing. Good old Hawaii. :love:

Seriously....take care and don't over do it, by working yourself to death.
I know you've looked at the clock and wondered where the time has gone!

Peace Mate! :bravo:

Hey THSea, if the cup is interfering, just cut the rim off the cup w/ scissors. The switchable mag ballast should work fine, just has the extra components for starting the HPS (CMH) bulb.

Thanks OG13! I'll cut on them later today... Hopefully I'll be ordering the pots and light bulb tonight... Maybe a vertical hood... The rest I can get on island if the switchable should work :thumb: Also found a local shop that carries both biobizz's organic line and the general organics one.

I'll do a picture update tomorrow.. We can all look at how the cup cutting has helped.. Maybe :)

You all should mosey on over to OMM's journal.. He has some nice pictures up.

There's only one vert 'hood', a glass cylinder. That glass barrier robs some light that could be helping to grow. Parasitic

You need a 'yo-yo' hanger or a ratchet pulley to easily get the bulb up & out of your face when you water or reach in for maintenance.

A vert array needs a fan blowing up on the bulb, from the bottom in the middle. Honeywell 9" circulation fan is perfect, like this:
000_1750.JPG

Hey guys! I am... seriously considering some big big changes in terms of my grow, so that means the same for the journal. I'll be on the site, but don't really expect any updates here til around the weekend.

Thanks Gator! :) Yea, I'll just do a vertical bare... I thought there were some vertical reflectors.. Not really hoods.. Oh well, I think the tent (frame is made) is like 6'8".. So a bit shorter than I was planning, but what the heck... Lower the height, the less cubic feet I have to displace... So you grow Pineapple Express right? I happen to have received one of those seeds... Pretty excited about trying it out :).. Actually, I've gotten alot of really exciting seeds, including Dr. Grinspoon, Jack Herer... I feel like I'm swimming in seeds!

Here's the real good news... For the next set of plants, gonna have some hawaiian plants :)^5000.. Three little seeds called Kona Coffee

EDIT! Ordered the 400watt ballast... and 6x 1.2gallon airpots :)

Well... I wanted to tell OMM, but couldn't get ahold of him... So you all get to hear first.

I will be gifting these autoflower plants to a friend..Who I'll call Bird. They lost the seeds, so Bird said they would let me take clones... And that will be at least four clones of KC females... I wanna talk them into five.. :)... My plan is to create a seed stock from them.. So I will always have Hawaiian smoke! You all should see this, the buds are ridiculous!

We will take into account space once the tent is finished on how many plants... But the order of the seeds my other friend gifted I will grow... Which depends on the clones that live, etc... anyway! :
Dr. Grinspoon, Pineapple Express, The Church, Jack Herer, Arjan's Strawberry Haze, and Himalayan Gold

Good night everyone!

Well... I wanted to tell OMM, but couldn't get ahold of him... So you all get to hear first.

I will be gifting these autoflower plants to a friend..Who I'll call Bird. They lost the seeds, so Bird said they would let me take clones... And that will be at least four clones of KC females... I wanna talk them into five.. :)... My plan is to create a seed stock from them.. So I will always have Hawaiian smoke! You all should see this, the buds are ridiculous!

We will take into account space once the tent is finished on how many plants... But the order of the seeds my other friend gifted I will grow... Which depends on the clones that live, etc... anyway! :
Dr. Grinspoon, Pineapple Express, The Church, Jack Herer, Arjan's Strawberry Haze, and Himalayan Gold

Good night everyone!

Way Cool!:cheer:

You got rid of the autos! Oops, I mean you traded the autos for some great clones!:circle-of-love: Now we are taking.

Kona Coffee clones and some of those new seeds bode much goodness in your tent now. Can't wait until it starts! Yepeee! :thumb:

New line-up sounds :yummy: except one: Arjan's Strawberry Haze. My ASH buds still sit in a tub, unloved. Smells OK but is useless, and I culled the donor.
Others you have are stretchy tropicals, that will demand vertical freedom. Especially in a mixed grow, vert bulb allows these wannabe monsters to do their thang with less drama. Tying them back to pot-mounted sticks is required.
Put your ballast(s) separate in an outflow airstream to keep that heat out, but the bulb's output is useful energy. Airflow is the key, not intercepting the light energy with a glass barrier. The light enclosure actually produces infrared heat from visible light where reflected or must pass through glass. HPS bulbs must be mounted in these hood thingies when they are used overhead in a factory or street, for UL approval. Growers don't need this barrier; it's only plants below in the rare occurance of bulb-envelope failure. This could happen if a hot bulb gets sprayed with water, or slapped by a rock?? CMH HID bulbs are made with much stronger glass, and are UL approved for open enclosure use - but I still don't spray water on my plants ever, nor throw rocks at the bulbs :)

Back
Top Bottom