THsea Grows Indoors Soil

Ordering the CMH bulb tomorrow... :)

Also taking the auto's to their new home... We will be taking the clones either at the end of the weekend, or during next week... Anyone know if the 90watt LED would be okay for taking the clones? I always hear fluro's are the best, all I have is the LED and some CFL's...

Part of me wants to start the seeds now... But on the other hand, these KC plants aren't the biggest stretchy sativa's... I think its predominately indica... So I think we will wait until the clones take root... Then start our germination project :)

Thank you for the advice PropaGator! And everyone for interest in this grow. It feels like a roller coaster to me and we've only started!

Right OMM? 'Nough of these auto's and little weeds!
Lets reach for the sky!... or at least six feet eight inches :)

Ordering the CMH bulb tomorrow... :)

Also taking the auto's to their new home... We will be taking the clones either at the end of the weekend, or during next week... Anyone know if the 90watt LED would be okay for taking the clones? I always hear fluro's are the best, all I have is the LED and some CFL's...

Part of me wants to start the seeds now... But on the other hand, these KC plants aren't the biggest stretchy sativa's... I think its predominately indica... So I think we will wait until the clones take root... Then start our germination project :)

Thank you for the advice PropaGator! And everyone for interest in this grow. It feels like a roller coaster to me and we've only started!

Right OMM? 'Nough of these auto's and little weeds!
Lets reach for the sky!... or at least six feet eight inches :)

Hi Buddy,
I think the LED would be fine. Actually the CFLs would be too, or both.
Be sure to pick up the cloning stuff from me tomorrow.....just realized why your coming over. :Namaste: Been watching Sea of Green again? Nothing like a little home work. :love:
Tell "The Girl" Hi for me! :bravo:

I have two pennys, and I'm going to chuck them at you. From 4800 miles away, I may miss but here goes: click here for my recent post on propagation. The term 'cloning' is not horticulturally correct, and promotes too much dicking around for a very simple, time-honored process. Snip & stick, that's it! Cuttings cost nothing but a bit of time: don't be shy, jump in and try. 50% or more relative humidity, you need no humidity dome and... NO water spray(misting). Ever
Propagation works best with a KISS :love:

Thanks for the responses guys! :)

Propa... I think you accidentally threw a roll of cents!

This is just kind of an "off the wall"... But can cannabis plants be grafted?

"...can cannabis plants be grafted?"

Well. Done gone 'n flagged another lost link to a memory of distant past events:
6th grade. We had a long window counter loaded with many coleus, all with different patterns. We shamelessly traded branches by grafting. Some had 10 different patterns, which maintained their tune after each started growing again. I don't remember losing any. We just cut at a 45, and scarfed them in place with Scotch tape. Yes folks, this was before duck(duct) tape. We actually lived without cellphones, internet, or duck tape :smokin:
Or color TV, sheesh what a world.
I don't see much reason why it wouldn't work with cannabis, but why?

Well. Done gone 'n flagged another lost link to a memory of distant past events:
6th grade. We had a long window counter loaded with many coleus, all with different patterns. We shamelessly traded branches by grafting. Some had 10 different patterns, which maintained their tune after each started growing again. I don't remember losing any. We just cut at a 45, and scarfed them in place with Scotch tape. Yes folks, this was before duck(duct) tape. We actually lived without cellphones, internet, or duck tape :smokin:

Ya could have boiled the coleus and drank it! :Namaste:

No internet?! *removes glasses dramatically* My *insert deity*!

Good to hear about grafting! Just saw your uncaged shin-dig, its my next stop!

If grafting might work, maybe I'll make a Franken-weed. I was watching Botany of Desire and became inspired. :Namaste:

Hi THsea!:Namaste:

When you emptied that airpot today......what were the roots like? I forgot to ask you. Just wondered what went on inside that big airpot. Thanks!:Namaste:

Hm... I saw roots.. You know, the can was empty, so it was really hard to manipulate the huge chunk of dirt... It wasn't quite as much roots as I thought there would be. Then again, wasn't able to really look more than a few inches into the sides... Sorry boss! Next time I'll get a stick and poke around. Was exhausted though, not thinking right.

Franken-weed that scared me was a 12' outdoor dominator that was wide as the sky.
I wondered what torture to manicure prettybag nugs from all that :hmmmm:

I trim trim and am so messed up on the fumes. And the scissor hash. And old stock
Where's the molten blob smiley?? The Salvador Dali clock's got my number

Hey THsea :ciao:

I could dig a "Franken-weed" bush... What if you could keep one mother with 4 strains or so... Dang Genius!

I was thinking this also, and other possible applications... Here are the two things that really drew me to this idea... Number one is that documentary Botany of Desire. They were talking about developing apples, and they had a smaller apple they liked... To get more desirable traits of increased fruit size they were discussing grafting cuts to an apple tree that produces larger fruit... as the graft is sharing tissues. I think you can see where I'm going. Possibly attaching lower yielding strains on heavier and more robust plants.

The second idea hit me today.. Topping plants to develop more cola's, but instead of cloning.. Just graft it elsewhere on the plant.

There are a lot of discussions online to attach cannabis to hops? I do not fully understand the reasoning for doing this.. Maybe for semi-guerrilla grow? Who knows...

I'm rambling, whoa boy! If anyone wants is thinking about growing an Anesthesia... Whoa! Good stuff.

Hm... I saw roots.. You know, the can was empty, so it was really hard to manipulate the huge chunk of dirt... It wasn't quite as much roots as I thought there would be. Then again, wasn't able to really look more than a few inches into the sides... Sorry boss! Next time I'll get a stick and poke around. Was exhausted though, not thinking right.

Next time we will do it together........you carried that big axx pot all by yourself before I knew it. Sorry.:Namaste:

Well ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! And all other manor or crocodilians!

This entire grow has shifted and changed focus. Sorry to disappoint those who were wanting a grow of Auto-variety.. But now its a rescue mission.

We have cuttings of four different Kona Coffee plants... All females. And my 1 gal. airpots came in today.. While there will be a few other plants in this grow, these will be the main focus. The goal is to make female seedstock and store KC pollen for further shenanigans.

These are fascinating plants... You won't really see it until they grow out, but let me tell you about the momma's...

Some of the "fan" leaves are single leafs... Most are three fingered. There are very large trichomes, you can visually see the arm and bulb with the naked eye. Trichs are on a large percentage of fan leaves. The calyxes grow large and have next to no pistils at all. When I say next to none, I mean maybe one or two small buds have a few... Most buds they are absent.

This maybe biting off more than I can chew... But the friend who gave me the cuttings said this is a long held strain by a local family. I am honored he is giving me the opportunity to create a stockpile of seeds of my favorite of favorite things... Cannabis... Hawaiian Cannabis!

yeah! absolutely, grafting cannabis is just as easy as any other plant thats easy to graft lmao..

but the only and i mean ONLY benefit i see to this is for people who have a limited legal aount of plants they are allowed to grow, but they still want to be able to run multiple strains, well you graft however many strains you'd like to grow out at once onto on plant with a solid root structure, (be sure to label each individual branche as to what strain it is) then you got one mother plant that produces 3 or 6 or 12 different kinds of cannabis. then your able to use your plant numbers for plants producing product and not just wasting your plant numbers on those 3/6 or 12 mother plants...
but thats just my 2 cents. so far no other use has been found for grafting in the cannabis culture world... unless of course we ever came across a strain with weak root tendency's and wanted to graft it over to a plant with stronger root tendency's, in order to see this plant reach its max potential.. but i digress, this hasent happened yet :)

Looking through it now Propa Gator! :) Thank you!

And thank you Preprodigy! You know... That is what I was thinking a bit, for the grafting. We have a very very low plant limit here in Hawaii, so this will be useful. +reps my friend!

Looking through it now Propa Gator! :) Thank you!

And thank you Preprodigy! You know... That is what I was thinking a bit, for the grafting. We have a very very low plant limit here in Hawaii, so this will be useful. +reps my friend!

Hi Buddy, Cherma was the one I had talked to you about before, but could never remember his name. Sure glad that Propa Gator told you about him. :adore:

I suppose we have an update! Pictures taken on 1/10/2012

The cuttings...
cuttings3.jpg

Front left is KC1, behind her KC2. Front right is KC3 and behind her KC4.
I sort of was excited and took two and four kind of short.. I'm hopeful for one and three at the least. Three was probably the nicest of the bunch. Actually, maybe 1, but it was attacked by a bug of some sort.. The guy moved the mom's! He doesn't label well... So I'm hoping all just live! Humidity in the closet is a pretty constant 50%... :high-five: I've moved things around since, the cuttings are further away from the light than they were... They aren't "wilty" but 2 and 4 are more malleable... So were four days from when they were taken.

Heres a shot of our friend SAGE
sage5.jpg

Sage is slow-and-go, but getting prettier by the day.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom