Whoa dude! ...my cannabis universe just expanded. 🤩

"1-Triacontanol is a fatty alcohol of the general formula C₃₀H₆₂O, also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol. It is found in plant cuticle waxes and in beeswax. Triacontanol is a growth stimulant for many plants, most notably roses, in which it rapidly increases the number of basal breaks."

Just reading... enhances photosynthesis, helps with resilience to stress, increases basal breaks (branching from main stem), bigger buds?

tagging @danishoes21

thanks for the tag bro! need to start reading about this, never heard of it. Sounds good too

Whoa dude! ...my cannabis universe just expanded. 🤩

"1-Triacontanol is a fatty alcohol of the general formula C₃₀H₆₂O, also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol. It is found in plant cuticle waxes and in beeswax. Triacontanol is a growth stimulant for many plants, most notably roses, in which it rapidly increases the number of basal breaks."

Just reading... enhances photosynthesis, helps with resilience to stress, increases basal breaks (branching from main stem), bigger buds?

tagging @danishoes21
Triacontanol is what you'll find in many commercial products like "Canna Boost" and the price is ridiculous. I only use it in veg nowadays since I've started running Jacks. You should use it spraingly in flower if you don't want to wait a couple of extra weeks. It increases yields but also prolongs flower if overused.

I can post my regiments I do in veg later today. I found my old hydrolysed whey isolate so I'm able to add everything I used to. TRIA, Aminos and kelp/humic and polysorbate/tween20 as a surfactant. 1-5ppm TRIA is typical but I've used up to 30ppm safely. To high Nitrogen retention becomes a problem at higher dosage.

I do TRIA and Brassinolide every other week and stop before flip. Maybe I'll post some pictures when I make the solution. I currently don't have a microwave so I have to make it on the stove.

Triacontanol is what you'll find in many commercial products like "Canna Boost" and the price is ridiculous. I only use it in veg nowadays since I've started running Jacks. You should use it spraingly in flower if you don't want to wait a couple of extra weeks. It increases yields but also prolongs flower if overused.

I can post my regiments I do in veg later today. I found my old hydrolysed whey isolate so I'm able to add everything I used to. TRIA, Aminos and kelp/humic and polysorbate/tween20 as a surfactant. 1-5ppm TRIA is typical but I've used up to 30ppm safely. To high Nitrogen retention becomes a problem at higher dosage.

I do TRIA and Brassinolide every other week and stop before flip. Maybe I'll post some pictures when I make the solution. I currently don't have a microwave so I have to make it on the stove.
Very interesting. Is this related to Super Thrive at all? I just heard about Super Thrive talking recently with a guy who was a big grower in my area 15-20 years ago. I looked up Super Thrive... couldn't find any ingred. list... not for me. I'm totally into DIY as much as possible.

How do you feel about the sodium level in kelp meal? DTE just told me that sodium in their kelp is variable... they had numbers e.g. 0.1%, 3.3%.

Very interesting. Is this related to Super Thrive at all? I just heard about Super Thrive talking recently with a guy who was a big grower in my area 15-20 years ago. I looked up Super Thrive... couldn't find any ingred. list... not for me. I'm totally into DIY as much as possible.

How do you feel about the sodium level in kelp meal? DTE just told me that sodium in their kelp is variable... they had numbers e.g. 0.1%, 3.3%.
Super thrive is snake oil per definition. Just Vitamin B1 and small amounts of kelp, that's all.

At the dosages used it should not be any problems, you should mix kelp with humic acid 5:2 ratio to make it way more effective. More humic acid than kelp in that ratio so you use very small amounts of kelp when adding it as a supplement.

As promised here's the old post I did a couple of years ago. Made the same bottle tonight on the stove instead of microwave. I think I'm making 33ppm solution in the pictures but the process is identical.
IMG_20210217_003637215.jpg
IMG_20210217_002155926.jpg
IMG_20210217_002343983.jpg
IMG_20210217_005542413.jpg
IMG_20210217_010011548.jpg
IMG_20210217_011120939.jpg
IMG_20210217_011409727.jpg
IMG_20210217_000906609.jpg

IMG_20210217_001143367.jpg

Making some foliar spray. Weighing up 0.11g of pure Triacontanol extract in a glass with a few drops of Polysorbate20. Nuke that in the microwave til you see it turning clear through the door. Now you have Triacontanol paste.

Mix in a little water, a good thing is to have a cup with RO water on the side in the microwave so you can fill up the glass with warm water so it doesn't brake.

Repeatedly nuke it in the microwave. Add more water and repeat at least two times. Add the solution in the glass to the Pepsi bottle, fill it up with RO water.

Look for precipitates, you may see minor but should look overall very clear. You now have 17oz 200ppm stock TRIA solution. 15ml of that in a 34oz pressure sprayer with 0.6g kelp/humic blend and 0.1g aminos, 3ppm TRIA in solution.

Note: Important to boil the solution between the steps and let it cool down by itself. TRIA and polysorbate20 is very tricky to work with since it naturally doesn't want to stay in solution. I actually find it a little easier to make it on the stove but the microwave is faster.

Super thrive is snake oil per definition. Just Vitamin B1 and small amounts of kelp, that's all.
I'll say... I just read the label at the grow shop.

RE: kelp
At the dosages used it should not be any problems, you should mix kelp with humic acid 5:2 ratio to make it way more effective. More humic acid than kelp in that ratio so you use very small amounts of kelp when adding it as a supplement.
Thanks!

IMG_20230528_160002203.jpg
IMG_20230528_160215372_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230528_160155913.jpg

Chugging along! 1.0 EC in 1.26 out. pH 5.5 in 6.3 out. It's getting really loud in there!

26C/80F, 50-55% RH. LED panel is running at max output of 650w. Fixed an intake to the lung room so I'm able to vent out more heat from the flower tent. Intake fan is temp controlled and turns completely off 30 min after lights out.

I normally keep it simple with silican, cal-mag, GH Duo Part A&B, and Hydro-guard. Sometime a root enhancer like Rapid Root.

If you copy the link for your grow journal and paste it in your signature, it will be easier for others to find your journals.
You can find your signature in your screen name.
Hey have you tried Southern AG Garden Friendly fungicide? It's the exact same strain of fungicide as Hydro-guard but instead of 0.038% it's 98% pure so you get way more for your money. I would try it if I had access to it! Cheers!

IMG_20230531_154932700.jpg

IMG_20230531_154939472.jpg

Ten minutes before lights on! It absolutely reeks of lemon, pepper and spice in the tent.
500ppm/1.0 EC, pH 5.3 in 6.1 out.
That's what I like to hear! 🤤🤤 When can we light one? :bongrip:
Your rootzone is still dialed.. Cruise control 😎

That's what I like to hear! 🤤🤤 When can we light one? :bongrip:
Your rootzone is still dialed.. Cruise control 😎
Yeah I finally got her dialed in! My source water is 50ppm/0.1 EC, then I add 25ppm Potassium Silicate. After that I have 75ppm/0.15 EC and add Calimagic up to 150ppm/0.3 EC.

Then the rest (350ppm/0.7 EC) is the base 5-12-26, Calcium nitrate and Epsom salt. Then I add low dose Humic/kelp mix to 550ppm/1.1 EC and dilute down to 500ppm/1.0EC.

IMG_20230426_161418681_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

This is how I take cuttings. Pictures from last run of clones. Going to take some new cuttings in a couple of days. Probably going to run Skywalker OG next run, I curled GSC since she didn't make the cut. She grew fast but she had some possible genetic defects with constant Zn deficiency no matter what treatment.

I use a small DWC cloner made from a small storage container from IKEA, about one gallon. A few drops of bloom nutes(maybe 150ppm) and I dip my finger in the bleach cup and clean it in the tote. That's about it, I get roots in 5-10 days depending on strain. Ambient lighting, no dome or misting. Chilling in the living room.

IMG_20230426_161418681_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

This is how I take cuttings. Pictures from last run of clones. Going to take some new cuttings in a couple of days. Probably going to run Skywalker OG next run, I curled GSC since she didn't make the cut. She grew fast but she had some possible genetic defects with constant Zn deficiency no matter what treatment.

I use a small DWC cloner made from a small storage container from IKEA, about one gallon. A few drops of bloom nutes(maybe 150ppm) and I dip my finger in the bleach cup and clean it in the tote. That's about it, I get roots in 5-10 days depending on strain. Ambient lighting, no dome or misting. Chilling in the living room.
Fantastic. I may need to switch to this method. How many days on that one you are holding? Do you use holes and net pots? Thanks for sharing!
:thanks:

Fantastic. I may need to switch to this method. How many days on that one you are holding? Do you use holes and net pots? Thanks for sharing!
:thanks:
I don't know exactly, they stayed in the cloner for longer than I wanted to. Probably somewhere around 14 days? Ready for transplant in 7 -10 days. GSC cut in the picture I think.

Interesting grow journal @Wastei

Very informative and interesting.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks bud! I'm just doing what other people did for me years ago. I think it's important to give something back to the community that has helped me more than anything else. Cheers!
IMG_20230604_122101375.jpg
The Kali is chugging along in flower and next in line for flower is Skywalker OG(Skywalker(Mazar x Blueberry)) x OG Kush), I got a really good interesting pheno that I know is going to perform well. She grows better than anything else in the tents.

I'm taking some runoff values later today at first watering cycle. I'm at 0.85 EC and 5.3 in pH currently, she's asking for less sauce so I'm giving her less!
IMG_20230604_121958135.jpg

IMG_20230604_182419802.jpg

Tops and..
IMG_20230604_182547274.jpg

Lowers!
IMG_20230604_182904623_HDR.jpg

EC runoff reading in 30 min! Like a doctor! Cheers!

425ppm / EC 0.85 in, 600ppm / EC 1.2 out

pH 5.4 in, pH 6.0 out.

79F / 26C, 50-55% RH

Back
Top Bottom