1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

I found youuu! Better late than never right? Grow get em stank!

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

I found youuu! Better late than never right? Grow get em stank!

Welcome to my little world Dabber!! Glad to have you here brother!

Small Tent Update

So exciting time happening at the Stank house. As you know I have two young and hormone filled plants that are ready to frolic and get their nasty on and its getting ready to go down. Here is the ATF 1.1 female starting to show her readiness to be taken.
092817_Small_Tent_1.jpg

092817_Small_Tent_2.jpg

092817_Small_Tent_3.jpg

And here is my exciting young male showing some ball sacks getting ready to explode and unleash his seed all over her lady parts!!

092817_Small_Tent_4.jpg

092817_Small_Tent_5.jpg

092817_Small_Tent_6.jpg

I will also be harvesting that pollen for some cross breeding with the girls in the upstairs tent as well as storing some for future projects.

Will be some exciting times experimenting with the atf pollen.

Newer to the grow game....why the combination of soil? Wondering what you'll do when you move to the 5-gallon smart pots.

Newer to the grow game....why the combination of soil? Wondering what you'll do when you move to the 5-gallon smart pots.

Hey Cap, welcome to the grow. Can you please expand on your question about the combination of soils?? The plants will stay in the containers they are in through harvest. there won't be any more transplanting. Not sure how much of the journal you have read yet, but originally I intended to scrog and flip these girls about a month earlier until I ran into some mite issues. Had I known that I was going to end up vegging them for an additional month, all of them would have been in 5 gallon smart pots. The soil should have enough stuff in there to make it through the 10-11 week flower if my calculations are correct.

So the postman delivered a new present to me!! Tried a new breeder (in the USA) and I think I love their math! I ordered a 10 pack of the Platinum Cookies, along with some ACDC seeds (pre-ordered them, they won't get here until next month). Apparently my math and their math differ greatly in how many seeds are in a 10-pack. I am not complaining at all!!! 26 beans in a 10 pack....I love that math!!

20170928_173709.jpg

I thought I saw you are using coco loco and kind soil, just wondering why you are using the combination. My first grow I used some organic soil from Lowe's and my plants did great. I just started my 2nd grow, using the same soil at the moment, and the new leaves are yellowing and some of the darker ones have some yellow veins. Trying to figure out if it is my solid and if I should be doing something different.

Just seeing now that this thread originally started while ago, my bad.

Ok, well I have switched soil as this is the second part of my "first" grow. When I grew from seeds, I was in KindSoil on the bottom and coco-loco on the top. Worked great. I decided to make my own cannabis soil, or Stank Soil as I am calling it, since I love trying to create my own versions of things and I am growing the clones I took from the first grow in my Stank Soil.

But I digress. When I grew in the KindSoil, I followed the instructions on their website to the "T". Their logic behind the two soils is that KindSoil (and most 'Super Soils') are kind of hot and can burn young plants. The Coco-Loco has a fair amount of base nutrients in them, certainly enough for a younger plant or even a clone to initially grow in. So once the root into the "hot" soil, they only root down as far as they need to go to get all the good stuff. But with the top half of the soil a coco-loco, they can still drink from that top half and not need to root further down just to drink. So they drink from the top half and take in the nutrients from the bottom half.

I talked to the owner of KindSoil on a few occasions (Really good guy by the way) and he swears by this layered approach. Keeps the plants from getting burned even if the soil is too hot as the plant can sort of lay back in the top zone of coco-loco while it slowly takes in exactly what it needs and nothing more. Well I decided to adopt that same approach with my Stank Soil. I am thinking of trying an experiment on my next grow with 2 plants completely in Stank Soil and 2 plants in the layered approach and see if I can tell a difference either way, bad or good. Hell for all I know, the owner's layering approach might work for his stuff but not my Stank Soil. So its completely possible I could grow bigger or faster in straight Stank Soil instead of the layering, but I think his logic and reasoning make sense. So eventually I will get around to testing his theory on my Organic soil.

Hope that didn't cloud things up too badly and you were able to understand the why part of that explanation. If not, please ask where you are cloudy and I will do my best to clear it up for you!!

Just seeing now that this thread originally started while ago, my bad.

No worries, any questions are welcome here on my thread, regardless of the subject and please feel free to ask away. I have some great growers sub'd in here so someone here can definitely help get you on the right track if I can't.

Thats friggen sweet!

I know right??? I love that math!! I hope that the ACDC seeds I pre-ordered have a similar math to them!!

Scrog Update 29 September

So seems like all the plants are adapting well to their new home. I am still in the process of finding all the big fan leaves that are potentially blocking any hidden tops. Will probably have to do that for another day or two. I figure one more day and then I am going to give them a day of darkness and then flip them. Watered all the 3 gallon plants today in the big tent as well as the one in the small tent that is flowering. Raised the lights a little bit as it seemed like ATF 2.1 might have a little bit of light bleaching or burning (light green/yellowish color to the tops of the plant). Oddly enough, that is the only plant growing in KindSoil this grow (I used my last bag on it). Not really sure what to think of the yellowing/greenish look to the leaves but it seems to be getting a tiny bit better since I have given the plant more space between the light. None of the plants growing in Stank Soil are showing any of those signs so I will just see what happens.

Any how.....here are three sets of pics of the plants adjusting to their new home. 1st set is Noon yesterday, 2nd set is midnight last night, and 3rd set is 9am this morning.

Noon Yesterday
092817_Noon_1.jpg

092817_Noon_2.jpg

Midnight last night
092817_Midnight_1.jpg

092817_Midnight_2.jpg

092817_Midnight_3.jpg

9am this morning
092917_9am_1.jpg

092917_9am_2.jpg

092917_9am_3.jpg

I also added to CFLs in the back of the tent...one in the left corner and one in the right corner. I had some tops back there that didn't appear to be getting any direct light. Not sure that they will help much, but I had them sitting around so I figured why the heck not throw them in there.

Back
Top Bottom