1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Taking clones in flower and revegging is "Monster Cropping" they do throw out tons of branches from everywhere.

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Throw Away Plants with "Staircasing"

Ok, here are the two ATF 2 clones (ATF 2.4 and ATF 2.5) I was talking about that were under the big T5. I didn't do much to them until they started getting taller and thats where I started supercropping outwards forming kind of a chalice shape by "staircasing" the branches. I am sure that I not the first to use this, but its the first I have done it and I have never read about it or seen it so I am calling it "Staircasing". If any of you fine people know what the name is, please let me know.

I kind of like the technique the more I play with it and tweek it. (I have to bend the branches several times a day to keep them away from the lights). Seems like its a really good way to make a large even canopy. As I bend the branches outward to form the chalice shape, the side branching shoots off to fill in the middle of the chalice. I would image you could staircase a side branch if you had one that was growing faster than you wanted. I think you could get an insane amount of colas if you did this and keep a nice even canopy. And I can keep this thing mobile and its not under a Scrog yet. Certainly has my mind thinking about how to use it on a large plant.

Anyhow, here are the two I have been playing around a little here in there the last couple weeks.

ATF 2.4 and ATF 2.5
092617_Other_two.jpg

092617_Other_Two_2.jpg

ATF 2.4 (the one that I have been kind of testing the staircasing technique)
092617_ATF_2_4_3.jpg

092617_ATF_2_4_5.jpg

092617_ATF_2_4_1.jpg

092617_ATF_2_4_2.jpg

ATF 2.5 (she was growing a little slower than 2.4 so I didn't have the height restriction as early on so I haven't staircased as much)
092617_ATF_2_5_1.jpg

And here is kind of a side view of the staircasing. You can see a couple of the bends swelling as it is strengthening up its branches
092617_Staircasing_1.jpg

As I get a better idea of how I think its best to use this technique to create a really cool looking plant, I will continue to modify and develop the approach.

I did a half assed staircase on Snaggletooth now i can watch how to do it properly. .

SCROG UPDATE
Here are the final pics of the girls before getting their asses scrogged. Took Ms. Stank and me about 2 hours to get the tent in proper order, all the watering connections hooked up, the scrog net into the tent and about 75% of the scrogging done. I will give them a day or two and make any final adjustments to the plants prior to flipping. Notice the height of the plants compared to the water bottle on the back poles, I gained quite a bit of height back. I have a 2nd Scrog if needed due to the stretch.

Pre-Scrog
092617_Pre_Scrog_1.jpg

092617_Pre_Scrog_2.jpg

092617_Pre_Scrog_3.jpg

And here are the girls Post-Scrog
092617_Scrog_1.jpg

092617_Scrog_2.jpg

I will give the plants a day or two to adjust before I post any additional pics. The Flip will be happening in a couple days. Hope all the mites are gone. I will continue to check the leaves and if necessary continue with the AzaMax root drenches or buy another batch of predatory mites. Any ways, the girls are scrogged.....a full month later than I intended to, but its done and I am feeling like I am making progress. Happy Growings everyone!!

Looks like u will be tucking them in for awhile....nice

yeah I think it will definitely take a few days to get everything going like I want it to. Would have been so much easier if I did this a month ago when I wanted to. Damn ATFs were over 38" tonight when I started the SCROG.

yeah I think it will definitely take a few days to get everything going like I want it to. Would have been so much easier if I did this a month ago when I wanted to. Damn ATFs were over 38" tonight when I started the SCROG.
Not enough room. I'll be by on the weekend for your least favourite lol......looking great Stank.

The plants are crzay, I can't imagine what they will be under scrog

SCROG UPDATE
Here are the final pics of the girls before getting their asses scrogged. Took Ms. Stank and me about 2 hours to get the tent in proper order, all the watering connections hooked up, the scrog net into the tent and about 75% of the scrogging done. I will give them a day or two and make any final adjustments to the plants prior to flipping. Notice the height of the plants compared to the water bottle on the back poles, I gained quite a bit of height back. I have a 2nd Scrog if needed due to the stretch.

Pre-Scrog
092617_Pre_Scrog_1.jpg

092617_Pre_Scrog_2.jpg

092617_Pre_Scrog_3.jpg

And here are the girls Post-Scrog
092617_Scrog_1.jpg

092617_Scrog_2.jpg

I will give the plants a day or two to adjust before I post any additional pics. The Flip will be happening in a couple days. Hope all the mites are gone. I will continue to check the leaves and if necessary continue with the AzaMax root drenches or buy another batch of predatory mites. Any ways, the girls are scrogged.....a full month later than I intended to, but its done and I am feeling like I am making progress. Happy Growings everyone!!

Not enough room. I'll be by on the weekend for your least favourite lol......looking great Stank.

Dude if you could get down here, they are yours LOL!! They were supposed to go to Johnny C until I got the mites. I know I am going to have a really hard time getting rid of them now that I am training them.

Those are beautiful van all the mites gone

I sure hope so brother. I did my last spraying yesterday before I put the girls down for bed and then scrogged them bitches when they woke up. I am watering with the AzaMax for at least one more watering cycle. Here are the extra two I don't have any room for.

092617_Other_Two_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom