1st Try At DWC/Soil Grow - Huckleberry - Cherry Pie - Dogwalker OG - Malawi Gold

No you are right OG it is an EZ-cloner, I just say aerocloner to differentiate from bubble style cloners.

image10014.jpeg

I like the tape to identify each clone, I will be stealing that and running with it ;)

Morning everyone,

Well I have great news, my order showed up last night. I placed an order with Rifleman Inc. and received 4 of his very best Roscoe 2016 Gold Edition DWC Bubble Buckets. They are a DIY model which may explain why I did not get the free Bamboo Steamer Matts with my order. Next order I will be ordering the Platinum Roscoe then maybe I will get those matts.
DSC_24601.jpg
DSC_24611.jpg

I was so excited about my new toys I checked to see if any were ready to take the plunge into the buckets right away.

DSC_2480.jpg
DSC_2479.jpg
DSC_24771.jpg
DSC_24761.jpg

Thats when it hit me, maybe I am going about this all wrong. After all look how long it takes to veg a plant, then you have to flip it into flower. All that waiting, then when you think the waiting is over, BAM it is time to chop and trim more work followed by more waiting. Burp that jar, more waiting. Surely there has to be an easier way to get those wonderful tasty Buds we all desire, and that is when it struck me.
Think outside the box! Be creative, try something no man or woman on this planet has ever tried or succeeded doing. Yes you guessed it, I have decided to stop growing marijuana plants to get buds, from now on I will be growing these bad boys. And with these new Roscoe Gold Edition 2016 DWC Bubbler Buckets they should grow at a rapid pace.

DSC_24721.jpg
DSC_24701.jpg

As you can see from the clones I planted, they are all ready full of tasty buds, as those jars grow the amount of buds inside will grow as well. No more vegging and flowering, no more chopping and trimming for me, no more sitting around waiting for my buds to finish curing! When the grow is finished you just open that 3 gallon jar and enjoy trimmed cured bud just like Grandma use to grow. My 1st goal with this grow is to develop an Auto version of this new method of growing so I can run my lights 22/2 for maximum jar size. If I get just the right pheromones I am thinking I could get a harvest of a 5 gallon jar of buds every 73 days but I may be setting my sights a bit high right out of the gate.

Time to run to the store with the wifey and keep the economy strong
hope you enjoyed my silliness I know I did :cheesygrinsmiley:

So I made a few changes today, potted up a few clones and put a few in to the DWC buckets up potted the 1 gallon pots and made a general mess but I did have fun doing it.

For the ones which went into buckets I put a Dogwalker OG, a Malawi Gold, and another Huckleberry. That leaves one bucket for a Cherry pie if the dang clones ever start taking off, they do have roots but just nothing impressive enough to justify pulling out of the cloner yet.
The water for the DWC buckets are PH'd to 5.7 to 5.8 and the PPM is running between 360 to 500 depending on which bucket. I can see I will need to get my 2nd water storage bucket up and running since my current on only holds 8 gallons. I may need to break down and just get a 50 gallon barrel.
I will get another run of clones going then once the ladies in the buckets get about a foot tall I will flip all of the DWC plants into flower. My wife gave me an idea and since she was game with letting me have some space at the end of her raised benches I went ahead and planted Sinead outside and placed the greenhouse over the top of her till sometime next month.
I also picked up some plastic fencing to increase the area for my outdoor grow while keeping the chickens from feasting on the new growth. I also picked up a companion plant for the garden, the wife says there is no room in her garden for it so the sweet banana pepper is now in the garden.
Sorry about the crappy quality but my other camera for some reason will not upload pictures, I originally took pictures of each plant out on the back patio when I up potted. These I just snapped with my phone since the wifey is home and dinner will be ready in about 15 minutes.

IMG_178623.jpg
IMG_178522.jpg
IMG_178426.jpg

Well my 4 day weekend is coming to a close, was fun. Hope everyone has a great week ahead. :green_heart:

With that kind of soil it will be an effortless outdoor season.
Last year I had 2 outdoor plants this year I will have 4, wish the area where I was planting the other 3 was as good of soil as where Sinead ended up. I thought about sticking one of the Malawi Golds in there but that fence line is facing the street and I prefer not to advertise to my neighbors.
Your garden is looking lush and green.

Thanks, wish they looked as good as my 1st indoor grow but then again I had a lot more time back then.

Quick question for everyone, I still have one 2016 "Roscoe Gold Edition DWC bucket available to plant in but with the way the Huckleberry is spreading out I was thinking perhaps tossing in the Banana Pepper into that bucket to conserve on space. The Huckleberry is over 3 feet across in every direction.if it ever starts growing skyward that thing will be HUGE. I will try and get a few better quality photos up today.

I have been PMing with Eyes4grandpa and I am trying to come up with a way to help him out so he can get started growing, but it is eating up a lot more time researching then I anticipated. I need to make sure it is cool with the wifey 1st but I am thinking of buying him a small tent, light and a few of the basics so he will be successful with his grow. He is very limited to space, income and knowledge.

The Cherry Pie Plant is causing me nothing but grief, even the clones just will not co-operate. I have heard nothing but good things about the smoke from it but I am starting to think that it is a more temperamental plant then the rest and more effort then I care to deal with at this juncture in my life. I will finish them out but not going to be hanging onto that strain. The Malawi Gold on the other hand, that is a keeper in my books, easy to grow, is not a redheaded step child, if the high I get from it is anything like I am expecting, I will be keeping a mother of that for some time. Same with the Huckleberry.

So many plants to grow, so little time. Oh lord let me win the Lotto so I can grow more plants, I need a bigger grow area, more lights and MORE TIME :laugh:

.........So many plants to grow, so little time. Oh lord let me win the Lotto so I can grow more plants, I need a bigger grow area, more lights and MORE TIME :laugh:

I'm thinking 150 more acres or 150k sq ft warehouse should do it. :high-five:

I'm thinking 150 more acres or 150k sq ft warehouse should do it. :high-five:

That would be a bit more then I would want, then it would become a job. I was thinking more in the lines of 5 to 10 acres and a 10K sq ft warehouse. Put around 3k sq ft into vegging and 7 k into flowering, then set up a booth at the Portland Farmers market and give Oz's out for free and flood the market with free smoke since the state claims you can only give it away, not sell it. Well unless they get their cut of course.
I wish I had enough property I would do something like what Rick Simpson did, have a community grow where people could come out and plant there 4 plants and grow so long as they chipped in on the labor come harvest time. Be like a giant community victory garden.

been a busy day, finished up with the ez-cloner and put it away got the last of the clones potted up and up potted a few of the clones I potted earlier.
Had to add a 2nd water storage container since I am now doing 4 DWC buckets every Sunday and needed to have more water on hand, unfortunately there is no more room at the in so the 2nd H2O container is in the tent for now until I come up with plan "B" Thought about breaking out the 2nd T-5 fixture for the smaller tent but decided against it. I am thinking I want to slow down the growth not speed it up right now, my mind could change on that decision at the drop of a hat.

Forgot to take pictures of Sinead out in the greenhouse and since the wifey wants to catch a movie this afternoon I will just say she is recovering nicely, though the Cherry Pie got a make over. I went all Sinead on her and almost culled her just because she is starting to get aggravating. I do believe I now know why the Cherry Pie clone looked so bad when I purchased her, she is one finicky Biotch!

The original Huckleberry in the DWC is starting to get out of control not really sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing but she is so much bigger then all the other plants, she may need to have her own light soon if she continues to spread out.

Temps and RH% have been much better this week (Highs of 79.3 F and lows of 70.2 F, RH% high of 64% and lows of 40%) and it is getting easier and easier to find time to attend to the garden now that I am on this new job. Hopefully this trend will continue.
here are a few pictures I took today of the changes.

IMG_182724.jpg
IMG_182525.jpg
IMG_182426.jpg
IMG_181624.jpg
IMG_181431.jpg
IMG_181230.jpg
IMG_181330.jpg

So glad for winter to be over with but spring brings its own headaches, looks like it is time to trim the hedges

At least the Dogwoods are looking nice this year.
Hope everyone had a great weekend and no issues in their gardens

Back
Top Bottom