1st Try At DWC/Soil Grow - Huckleberry - Cherry Pie - Dogwalker OG - Malawi Gold

Order within the next 30 minutes and get a free bamboo rolling mat. Mention this ad and get two for twice the price. Separate handling charges may apply. :rofl:
You sir missed your calling, you could be the next Ronco.

How old is your #1 DWC Huckleberry? Love man!!!:thumb::bravo:
She is right at a month old though she was set back a week when I used the wrong nutrients on her right out of the gate.
#'s 1 through 6 are all from beans so I am currently in the process of sexing them. Once they give me their consent which should be between 7 to 10 days I should know which plants get pushed and which ones get shoved (to the compost bin) If I can figure a safe way to do it, I may take one of the males and grow it for pollen depending on what variety it is just so I can play around a bit with pollenating. I tend to do things on the spur of the moment, so only time will tell.

So most people who have followed any of my grows knows I tend to over react and do weird things at the drop of a hat for no apparent reason. Well apparently today is no different. My wife picked me up a small cheap greenhouse so I set it up today. It actually was kind of cute once I got it all together then thats when it got weird. I pulled out the Dogwalker OG and figured it was time for a shave and a haircut. Not even sure why I did what I did, I just started and got so engrossed in what I was doing before I was done I lost track of why I was doing what I started. At 1st I was just going to defoliate her a little to get more light to the inside growth but by the time I was done most of her was laying on the ground. At some point I thought I would see just how tough of a plant weed really is.
To put this into perspective, here is a before shot..

DSC_23731.jpg
DSC_2375.jpg

and here is an after shot..

IMG_171727.jpg
IMG_171825.jpg

I am keeping her in the greenhouse right now since I do not want the other ladies to tremble in fear that they may be next :rofl:

IMG_171119.jpg

The weather is extremely warm at the moment and I will bring her back inside maybe tomorrow or Monday. In the mean time, I guess I will soon find out just how tough these gals really are.

The Dogwalker OG was not part of my origninal grow plans I only picked her up because I wanted a plant that was not all beat up like the Cherry Pie was and I also wanted a plant to grow while waiting on my beans to pop and take off. I think she will be fine in the long haul and has plenty of time to recover before she actually has to preform. I had been defoliating her about once a week but nothing to this extreme. On the bright side though, the light can reach the whole plant now :cheesygrinsmiley:

I had to laugh when I took the time to actually look at what I had done. I am sure glad it is legal in Oregon and I do not have to sweat if I loose a plant or not. Back in the day I would have been banging my head on the wall yelling "STUPID STUPID" :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I feel you on that one for real though!!! LMFAO:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Next time stick with the Fiskars - not the Stihl.

Next time stick with the Fiskars - not the Stihl.
Weed-eater would have done less damage but from now on I will follow your advice and stick with the Fishers:laughtwo:

Oh god OG I have so been there. You mean to do a light trim and suddenly realize you have more plant on the floor than on the stem and she's doing a bad Sinead O Connor impression. Bad OG! Never defol high lol.
I confess when Sinead O Connor shaved her head I thought it was pretty hot, though I also confess I love her voice. That woman could sing like an angel. I do believe we just named that plant by the way. From now n I will be referring to her as Sinead :rofl:

So i ws going to bring Sinead back inside and let her rejoin the group but she apparently likes the green house so I have decided to let her stay a while longer. She claimed she was more comfortable being around the peppers and tomatoes, who would have guessed.
IMG_172928.jpg
IMG_173324.jpg

Apparently she enjoys that high humidity going on out there.

I changed out the water in my DWC today and scrubbed the bucket with bleach like I do every Sunday. Apparently when I pulled her off the water she was in the middle of getting a big ole drink because by the time I got the new bucket scrubbed, flushed out and refilled with water and nutrients then PH'd down to 5.8 she decided to lay down and play dead.
IMG_172023.jpg

I knew better then to fall for that old trick, I dropped her in the fresh bucket and let her drink till her heart was content.
I did not like the temperature of the water I drained from the bucket though, it was running about 5 degrees to warm, was at 74 degrees, I may have to rethink what I am doing and adapt and over come. For now though she looks just fine
IMG_172726.jpg

The chickens may have less room in the back yard this summer, I am thinking that the Cherry Pie and the MG will be under a SCROG.

On a brighter note, the wife has given me permission to order some seeds from Herbies, so I am going to give Autos a go. I really liked the look of the Sweet Red Poison and the Bomb Berry Bomb, have no idea how they will smoke but they sure are purdy:rofl:

Hope everyone had a great weekend, it has been a dandy here in Oregon

:thumb:

What can I say. I'm greatly looking forward to your outdoor adventures!
Get ready for thunderstorms later today...maybe...probably.

:thumb:

What can I say. I'm greatly looking forward to your outdoor adventures!
Get ready for thunderstorms later today...maybe...probably.

They are saying rain tonight and tomorrow but back to fun in the sun for the rest of the week here. Hopefully you get some of that fun in the sun down south too. My out door adventures will consist of trying to keep the chickens out of my garden, other then that it will be no match to the adventure I expect from your outdoor grow.

I'm waiting on some seeds from herbies myself right now. super pumped to get them. some of them are going outside for me as well, so I'll be sure to stick by. looking really nice so far too. I'm super tempted to build a small greenhouse for them to play in.
Glad you stopped in to check out my latest grow as messed up as it is.
The wife told me she paid $50 bucks for the little green house I got but she tends to lie to me about how much money she spends on me. I am like my dad when I was a kid, "You want HOW MUCH? WHY WHEN i was a kid candy bars were a nickel and gas was 50 cents a gallon."
She tells me the cost from 30 years ago so I don't get upset about how much money she spent :rofl:

One more day of seasonal weather, then up close to 90 for a couple of days!

Wow what a week, my new job is turning out to be a great deal, we are working 4 tens and I was suppose to get a 3 day weekend but as things worked out I will be working Tues through Fri. Next week so I am getting a 4 day weekend :yahoo: Medicated as soon as I got home from work and felt so good I went out and turned over the compost bin and did some yard work. Something tells me today will be a fun day, going to start it out with a big ole hit but will do it when I check out Pigeons last video so I can take a hit along with him and the rest who toke up with him on his videos. Looking at it as a 420 group hoot. :circle-of-love: Thanks Pigdeon :circle-of-love: Just finished taking a couple big hits of hash so in about 10 minutes it will be time to get started with my day. Lots to do, pictures to take,may even pot up a few of the clones since they are rooting, though I may hold off a day or two to get them a bit bigger before hand. Kind of depends on how they look this morning. Even though the lights are on and I have been up, I really have not looked in on the girls yet this morning. Just kind of relaxing and enjoying this fine weather and enjoying life for a second.

Hope everyone has a great Friday I know mine will be fun. Will get an update with photos and information up later on today sometime when I can.

Oh and Rifleman, I may be needing to pick your brain in the very near future, I know the reputation of the Dark Side and how it can seduce you from your path, but after even this short amount of time growing in DWC bucket, there is something strong about the Dark Side. The force is strong within those DWC's.:thumb::thanks: After all it was you pretty much who inspired me to just give it a try. I know I have wanted to try growing some sort of Hydro and have for years but in reality, had I really wanted bad enough to give it a try and experiment doing it, I could have grown peppers or tomatoes in hydro years ago, but I never felt I knew enough to be able to pull it off. After seeing you grow with it, and following along on your adventures, it inspired me to go for it and just do it. At first I did not see the explosive growth I was expecting to see compared to the soil plants but when I realized my screw up and corrected the issue, I can now see the explosive growth 1st hand and am convinced.

For the rest of you who take the time to check in on my grow, I just wanted to fill you all in on where I am at and what I am doing. Looking back on my screw up with Sinead, I want you all to know I have not lost my mind(completely) and taken up the life as a plant abuser. S & M really does not appeal to me , with people or plants. That being said, yeahI make all kinds of weird screw ups, that when I realize what I have done I try and think up a lesson I can learn from that particular screw up besides the obvious one of "Do NOT do that stupid stuff any more":laugh:
Ok so what exactly do I have in mind for this grow? Originally it was just get back to growing, so I could block out the end of 2015 and the start of 2016 and move on. Well the fun part for me about growing is learning things about MJ that I may of had ideas about when I was younger and grew but never had the time or willingness to just find out. So for this grow I am going to try speeding up my process of sexing by sexing my clones. I am running them at 12/12 on my cloner. I have heard that a graft can actually show sex and root, then if you bump their time with lights on gradually, starting at 15/9 back to 18/6 they will not be shocked to badly and will rebound rather quickly. So I have 3 MG clones and 3 Huckleberry clones which I do not know their sex yet. I would not even object to getting a male or 2, if I do I will be keeping at least one, so that I can collect the pollen and see if I can cross pollenate a strain to create my own personal strain. If I want to have so much as a chance of creating a personal strain that is just right for me, I believe I will need a bunch of pollen and will need to keep it well documented which strain I cross with what so when I do stumble across something that works welfare me I can duplicate the process. That part will be tough for me, I am not the best at my organizational skills. But I intend to give it my best shot.
I hope to have at least 2 plants outdoors this summer. Ideally I would love to have 4 but I am just limited by space, I just would feel terrible about shrinking the area I have established for my chickens. I have contemplated building a chicken wire tunnel from the back yard through my garden area and out to the front yard. I would have to install a gate of some sort through the fence but I think that would not be to difficult to figure something out. I would love to be grow more and spend more time on my grows but I do not want to do it at the expense of my other favorite girls. I am so ready for retirement! I really never figured I would live this long, now that I am here, I can not help but worry that I work my ass off all these years and either I will end up like both mine and my wife's father, die right before retirement. Once we retire we are packing it all up and moving to a retirement property, so we can start another adventure in our lives. We have been talking about what we both want as far as space requirements so we do not have the same issues we are presently having with not having any room to enjoy the hobbies and things we enjoy doing. As it stands we are looking at between 1 bare bones minimum to maximum 10 acres with an big enough outbuilding that I can set up a nice grow area/man cave. She wants enough land for the chickens and a large garden area plus an area for a small area of grapes and fruit trees. Granted this something we should have started 30 years ago but life's constraints have kept us from following these dreams but now we have the abilities to do it, I think it is time for the iron to be struck.What has always bothered me through life is, my luck is somewhat like the guy from Hew-Haw. If it was not for bad luck I would have no luck at all. If I save 1,000 dollars the refrigerator goes south and a new one costs $1,100.. I save $14,000 Oh how convenient, that new roof and siding for the back should only cost $15,800. I just do not see how Americans can plan for the future without having some sort of work-related pension in play because I know as far as spendable cash after bills it seems to me that LIFE just pickles and dimes you to death no matter how hard one tries to get ahead.

My wife has now jumped onto the band wagon and suddenly has become much more supportive of me growing. Gee go figure, a gal she works with has a husband who grows, and then sells what he is not personally using to the dispensaries. Funny how my wife now sees it as more then just me doing this as a hobby she sees it as the potential for a better retirement. Me personally, I really do grow because it is relaxing for me but if I can convince her to retire any sooner, I am game for growing any way she wants me to just so long as I get to grow and learn some stuff along the way.

So I cleaned out and vacuumed my truck, now that I do not feel like I am living in it. I could not help but realize what a pig I am :rofl:Dug out all f the winter gear and moved it back into the house, do not think I will be needing extra winter clothing the rest of the year least not till fall anyway.
Oh my lord I babble when I get medicated. Off to take some pictures in the garden and decide if it is time to pot some of those clones or wait a few days.
Also a few pictures of how well plant #1 the DWC Huckleberry has done this week.
Catch you all in a bit, time to go play with the indoor girls

.........Hope everyone has a great Friday I know mine will be fun. Will get an update with photos and information up later on today sometime when I can.

Oh and Rifleman, I may be needing to pick your brain in the very near future, I know the reputation of the Dark Side and how it can seduce you from your path, but after even this short amount of time growing in DWC bucket, there is something strong about the Dark Side. The force is strong within those DWC's.:thumb::thanks: After all it was you pretty much who inspired me to just give it a try. I know I have wanted to try growing some sort of Hydro and have for years but in reality, had I really wanted bad enough to give it a try and experiment doing it, I could have grown peppers or tomatoes in hydro years ago, but I never felt I knew enough to be able to pull it off. After seeing you grow with it, and following along on your adventures, it inspired me to go for it and just do it. At first I did not see the explosive growth I was expecting to see compared to the soil plants but when I realized my screw up and corrected the issue, I can now see the explosive growth 1st hand and am convinced.

I'm here darn near 24/7 :) :biglaugh:

I can tell you from experience, taking care of 10 acres and all the gardens is not much of a retirement. It is a full time job. :rofl:
Our problem with "building the dream" has always been making plans that suit us at our current age. By the time those plans come to fruition, we've gotten older and our dreams and goals have changed.

So I poked into the cloner and this just goes to show that anyone can clone with this style of a cloner. On my 1st grow here on 420 I was so careful to do everything exactly as explained either in videos or from others who have been so kind as to give me directions on how to have a better grow. This grow I just kind of threw everything out the window and decided to fly by the seat of my pants. No more measuring out exactly X numbers of Milliliters per gallon, this grow has been just toss in what looks good and gets my PH down to where I want it to be. I was a bit concerned I may starve or overfeed the gals but so far they are doing fine and it is so much quicker to just pour out of the bottle and say, yeah thats about right, check PH and either add a smidgen more of this or that to adjust down to 6.2-6.5 for the soil and 5.8 for the DWC. The clones are doing better then I had expected here is a look at the new babies. In order of plant number 1 through 3 are Huckleberries and 4 through 6 are Malawi Gold.
IMG_174325.jpg
IMG_174426.jpg
IMG_174523.jpg
IMG_174622.jpg
IMG_174725.jpg
IMG_174821.jpg
IMG_175118.jpg
IMG_174918.jpg

Surprisingly the clones from the clones are having the hardest issues getting going. I think I could get away with potting a few of those but think I will wait a few more days just to let the roots get some more length. All in all I am a happy camper with how they are doing considering they are on a 12/12 light schedule. They are not showing sex signs as of yet so I took a look at the plants I cloned them off to see if any signs from them yet. Hard to tell when your vision sucks but mostly I am seeing nothing though there were a few signs it should not be too much longer before they expose themselves for whom they are.
DSC_24292.jpg
DSC_24432.jpg
DSC_2448.jpg
DSC_24282.jpg

Like I said no clear signs as of yet, but will be keeping a close eye on them just the same.

When I took these pictures this morning it was before I watered so as you will see from the pictures, most of the girls look thirsty. This one is for Rifleman so he can say " Told ya so" :love: Look at the difference in size between the Huckleberries. The DWC is so much bigger yet they all popped from seed at the same time 2 exactly the same day and the 3rd a day later. I originally imagined that the DWC grow would entail more attention to grow and I must say "WOW Was I wrong" On a couple of occasions I did not get water to my soil plants until they were all drooped over and wilting due to getting home late from work and having to go to work before the lights come on. Now the DWC, it has been a champ normally I add 1 to 1 1/2quarts of water per day, though I did space it out and had to put a full gallon in to top it off the other day but even when it was down a gallon, she did not drop much at all especially compared to the soil grow plants. Time to start building some more DWC buckets. Well unless I can buy some online from Rifleman when he builds DIY Bubble Buckets while he is taking a break from indoor gardening. After all I could get a free bamboo steamer matt :rofl: I was really holding out for the Gingsu knives but if all he has on hand is Bamboo Steamer Matts so be it. ;)
DSC_24182.jpg
IMG_177722.jpg
IMG_176822.jpg
IMG_177519.jpg
IMG_177619.jpg
DSC_24182.jpg
DSC_24272.jpg
IMG_177823.jpg

Rumor has it tomorrow I am going Kayaking with the wife, may be a great time to break out some summertime Sativa and soak in what Oregon has to offer. Hope you all have a great weekend and your gardens bring you nothing but happiness and big sticky buds :green_heart:

I'm here darn near 24/7 :) :biglaugh:
I am gonna drop you a PM with my order for 8 of your latest model of DIY DWC Bubbler Buckets but am curious, will I get 8 Bamboo Steamer matts or is that 1 Matt per order? If that is the case, I may have to order 1 DWC bucket 8 times..lol

I can tell you from experience, taking care of 10 acres and all the gardens is not much of a retirement. It is a full time job. :rofl:
Our problem with "building the dream" has always been making plans that suit us at our current age. By the time those plans come to fruition, we've gotten older and our dreams and goals have changed.

I have seen a lot of people retire and live the good life, and one thing I have noticed is the ones who did not work at something, ended up dying young where as the workers kept plugging away. It is not the work I dislike, it is being told when and where and not having any kind of security that that work will be there tomorrow or the day after. If I am working for myself, I will never lay me off due to lack off work :rofl::rofl::rofl: I will work myself to the bone

My cloning game sucks Majorly. How many days in the cloner for the results you showed above?

-edit-

Oh - and your cloner, is it a bubbler or a mister?

Back
Top Bottom