1st Try At DWC/Soil Grow - Huckleberry - Cherry Pie - Dogwalker OG - Malawi Gold

Hey we all should get personal invites when you start a journal haha. Just kidding I know you have been busy and I am thankful you are getting some good time in at work. It is always a mixed blessing huh. Glad to see you are back in business and it will be interesting following your grow. That Huckleberry is just so beautiful and flat. I like that in a plant. They take longer to veg but when you flower it is all worth it. My Huckleberry Kush is teaching me yet again to grow bigger in veg. She will be a monster output if I would just let her do that!
FullSizeRender_6_11.jpg

Hey we all should get personal invites when you start a journal haha. Just kidding I know you have been busy and I am thankful you are getting some good time in at work. It is always a mixed blessing huh. Glad to see you are back in business and it will be interesting following your grow. That Huckleberry is just so beautiful and flat. I like that in a plant. They take longer to veg but when you flower it is all worth it. My Huckleberry Kush is teaching me yet again to grow bigger in veg. She will be a monster output if I would just let her do that!
FullSizeRender_6_11.jpg
I really did not let anyone know I was starting a new journal, with this new work schedule I figured it would not be much of a journal anyway but since it was going to be my 1st DWC or as Major puts it, my 1st attempt at joining the dark side :rofl: I had to keep some sort of record of the event.

Be careful what you wish for Shiggity. I vegged my current sativa 100 days and now I'm afraid for my lamp. The damn plant is trying to eat it. :biglaugh:
You shooting for another plant of the month winner?

So five days ago I was ecstatic to see roots coming out from the basket. Funny how using the right nutrients can make a plant do better huh. Well when I changed out the water in my DWC today I was in for a nice little treat.
Here is 5 days ago
DSC_2200.jpg

and here is today.. wow what a change 5 days will do
DSC_2284.jpg

The rest of the garden is doing better though the wife and I spent Friday and Saturday night down on the coast and when I go home the girls were extremely thirsty and it took some time for them to stand back up to attention.
DSC_22971.jpg
DSC_2295.jpg
DSC_2300.jpg

One nice thing about going to the coast though, I had been looking for a particular gift to send to Shiggity and while the wife did find one for me that would work, I found a much better one while down on the coast. In fact I liked it so well I bought 2 of the bigger versions for myself along with a few other items.
DSC_23032.jpg

Temp/RH% have been better this week. RH% stayed right at 41% all week

So five days ago I was ecstatic to see roots coming out from the basket. Funny how using the right nutrients can make a plant do better huh. Well when I changed out the water in my DWC today I was in for a nice little treat.
Here is 5 days ago
DSC_2200.jpg

and here is today.. wow what a change 5 days will do
DSC_2284.jpg

The rest of the garden is doing better though the wife and I spent Friday and Saturday night down on the coast and when I go home the girls were extremely thirsty and it took some time for them to stand back up to attention.
DSC_22971.jpg
DSC_2295.jpg
DSC_2300.jpg

One nice thing about going to the coast though, I had been looking for a particular gift to send to Shiggity and while the wife did find one for me that would work, I found a much better one while down on the coast. In fact I liked it so well I bought 2 of the bigger versions for myself along with a few other items.
DSC_23032.jpg

Temp/RH% have been better this week. RH% stayed right at 41% all week

Mind if I jump in?:popcorn: can't wait to see others try DWC it gets me on the inside lol. Looking good, lookin good!

I really did not let anyone know I was starting a new journal, with this new work schedule I figured it would not be much of a journal anyway but since it was going to be my 1st DWC or as Major puts it, my 1st attempt at joining the dark side :rofl: I had to keep some sort of record of the event.

You shooting for another plant of the month winner?

I never won a trophy as a child, that was before they started passing them out like polio vaccines, so I'm still trying to fill that void in my psyche. :rofl::rofl:

Mind if I jump in?:popcorn: can't wait to see others try DWC it gets me on the inside lol. Looking good, lookin good!
When you give it a whirl do not start out like I did by using the wrong nutrients. All in all I kind of like the DWC so far.

I never won a trophy as a child, that was before they started passing them out like polio vaccines, so I'm still trying to fill that void in my psyche. :rofl::rofl:
RM I am shocked that you never won a trophy as a child. Apparently I have the same void you speak of :cheesygrinsmiley:

.......RM I am shocked that you never won a trophy as a child. Apparently I have the same void you speak of :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was 14 months younger than all my classmates so I was a non-participant after the first three ass kickings. I had the last laugh though. All the time they put into sports, I put into their sisters and girlfriends. :winkyface::yahoo::high-five:

When you give it a whirl do not start out like I did by using the wrong nutrients. All in all I kind of like the DWC so far.

I've been doing dwc for 4 years now! I use Canna Aqua Nutrients or GH depending on how I feel or what kind of taste I want at the end!!! check out my grows its my first time posting my DWC but been doin it for a while now, a long while!!!!

14 months younger? What were you some sort of Doogie Howser? :rofl:

Dad had his fill of me being at home. He went to the school and intimidated them into entering me early, three weeks after school had already started that year. I never looked into it but I'm sure my school records are probably incorrect on my year of birth. It was hard, in more ways than you can imagine, but for all its faults it made me a man who doesn't take crap from anyone, doesn't give crap to anyone, and isn't afraid to work harder than the man next to me. Might be why I was able to retire before I turned 50. If the old man was still around I'd probably thank him...or not. :)

got a few pictures taken when I got home, thought I would pass them on.

My squatty Huckleberry is starting to stretch out her legs.
DSC_2310.jpg

The DWC seems to be doing well like the other gals she was thirty too.
DSC_23071.jpg
DSC_23081.jpg

As you can tell the girls look a bit thirsty so it was time to water.
DSC_23151.jpg
DSC_23135.jpg

Temp/RH% has been within except-able ranges, presently 77 degrees and 35% humidity
Time to start thinking about dusting off the ez cloner and getting some babies started up.
May move the girls into the smaller tent and put them under the T-5s for a while if I can get motivated this weekend.

How old is your DWC lady right now.... SHE will over run your grow if you dont top it(unless you already have). Another thing thats what i LOVE about DWC is that they never go thirsty lol love how she has like perfect leaves right now.
:bravo:

How are you liking dwc OG ?
So far I am liking it, I was a little concerned at 1st that I would screw it up, which I almost did. I think next time I will be starting her out in rock wool instead of soil, it was a real pain in the butt rinsing all of the soil out of the roots before switching over to DWC

How old is your DWC lady right now.... SHE will over run your grow if you dont top it(unless you already have). Another thing thats what i LOVE about DWC is that they never go thirsty lol love how she has like perfect leaves right now.
:bravo:
If my numbers are correct she is on day 28 since breaking out s a seed. As far as over running the others, that part really doesn't matter much to me. She will be the only plant I finish off inside, the others will eventually end up either in my back yard or out at my brothers house, out behind his barn. I am an odd ball when it comes to my grows. Since I do not get to partake as much as I would like because of work I end up giving away most of what I grow. I grow mostly because I enjoy gardening a plant I grew in my youth but now I can grow it without fear of going to prison over it :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom