1st Try At DWC/Soil Grow - Huckleberry - Cherry Pie - Dogwalker OG - Malawi Gold

My cloning game sucks Majorly. How many days in the cloner for the results you showed above?

-edit-

Oh - and your cloner, is it a bubbler or a mister?
I may be off by a day but I believe they are either 7 or 8 days old. As I recall the video I watched about fastest way to show sex on a MJ plant said it took him 7 to 10 days for his cuttings to start showing sexs and I figured that by this Sunday I should either be able to know what each plant was or be within a day or 2. I think it was last Wednesday or Thursday that I took the clones.

I find it hard to believe you have any kinds of issues cloning but if you say you do then perhaps I need to start scanning your journals and see how you do it, then DON'T do that :rofl:

I wonder if you are taking your clones from the lower part of the plant after it is older and established? The reason I am thinking this way is because I noticed that the clones from the clones were taken from older growth which was harder tissue and even though they are rooting they did not take off like the fresh supple new young growth off the other plants. I could be completely off base in this line of thinking but I am thinking that the clone from younger material will be able to push the roots through its cell walls easier when that cell wall is not built up like it is on the plant as it gets older. Just a thought, next time you do some clones try a few from older more established material and a few from the newer growth and see if your success either improves or stays the same. I actually was talking with my brother the other day about since it was so easy to clone plants, I wonder how well a guy could do just going into the cloning business. I know a few dispensaries around here have really nice looking clones but there are a few places that could definitely use some improvement in their clone department. I would think if a guy grew say 4 to 6 different varieties of well like local strains then kept 2 mothers of each he could crank out quiet a few clones over the course of a year. If that is something I end up perusing I will switch my tents around and use my smaller tent for flowering since I already grow way more then I could possibly ever use. Always got to be thinking of a different way to approach this growing hobby :circle-of-love:

I am gonna drop you a PM with my order for 8 of your latest model of DIY DWC Bubbler Buckets but am curious, will I get 8 Bamboo Steamer matts or is that 1 Matt per order? If that is the case, I may have to order 1 DWC bucket 8 times..lol

As many as you want...separate handling fees may apply. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've managed to fail with cuttings from the top, bottom and everywhere in between. I've been told the older woody parts work best, and when I've had success, that was where they came from. The apical meristem has been a 100% failure for me.

As many as you want...separate handling fees may apply. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Always gets me with the fine print :rofl:
The best clones are the ones that come from the bottom of the plant but are still a tad green stemmed.
The best clones are the ones which grow and the very best clones are the ones that grow into PoTM material :grinjoint::tokin:

I've managed to fail with cuttings from the top, bottom and everywhere in between. I've been told the older woody parts work best, and when I've had success, that was where they came from. The apical meristem has been a 100% failure for me.
Couple of questions on how you clone.. do you use a sterile razorblades or do you just use your Fiskars? Do you scrape the stem material with the edge of a blade once you have removed the nodes in the area you expect to grow the roots? Are you cutting the end at a 45 degree or steeper angle? Are you using rock wool cubes or peat moss buttons to clone or are you using something like a clone machine, either store bought or DIY? Do you use cloning gel and if so do you pour it into a separate container 1st to avoid cross contamination? Do you keep your cloning get refrigerated when not in use?
If using a cloner, do you clean after each cycle with a bleach solution? Do you also clean all of your foam pucks with a bleach solution?
When you fill your cloner, do you PH your water? Do you add anything to the water in your cloner?

Ok so it wasn't a couple of questions, it was more like taking your SATS all over again :rofl:

My cloning game sucks Majorly. How many days in the cloner for the results you showed above?

-edit-

Oh - and your cloner, is it a bubbler or a mister?

I have an EZ-cloner General Pita, sorry about not answering you earlier, just re-read the post and saw you asked me what I use. In my opinion it was way over priced and a guy or gal could DIY for around 1/3 of the cost and have just as effective of a cloner. My brother still does his cloning with rock wool cubes under a dome which is fine but he has to keep a eye on them to make sure they do not dry out where as the cloner I can just insert clone and walk away till I check for roots

DSC_24292.jpg
DSC_24432.jpg
DSC_2448.jpg

I see girls, I see pistels on all 3 of these :passitleft:

welcome to my garden Hidan
Actually I am kind of hoping 1 of the Malawi Gold turns out to be hiding something under her skirts (Balls) so I can get the pollen off of it. I have read a little about this strain and have high (yes pun intended) hopes for this strain:laugh:

So you're going to make your own hybrid with that pollen,right? If I'm right,which strain will be crossed with? I'm fascinated from hybrid crosses,I'm gonna wait the outcome for sure!:thumb:

I see girls, I see pistels on all 3 of these :passitleft:

Oh the advantages of youth, good eyes. :circle-of-love:I saw the one in the bottom picture but figured I would hold off making the call on her till it was more predominate. I think I may have discovered a great way to get females from seed.. just hope that you get a male and they will all be females :laugh:

So you're going to make your own hybrid with that pollen,right? If I'm right,which strain will be crossed with? I'm fascinated from hybrid crosses,I'm gonna wait the outcome for sure!:thumb:

Well one which I wish to cross pollenate it with is the Cherry Pie, but I am a big fan of Sativa's so I am hoping to get enough pollen stored away so I can cross pollenate a few different strains depending on their effects on me.

Couple of questions on how you clone.. do you use a sterile razorblades or do you just use your Fiskars? Do you scrape the stem material with the edge of a blade once you have removed the nodes in the area you expect to grow the roots? Are you cutting the end at a 45 degree or steeper angle? Are you using rock wool cubes or peat moss buttons to clone or are you using something like a clone machine, either store bought or DIY? Do you use cloning gel and if so do you pour it into a separate container 1st to avoid cross contamination? Do you keep your cloning get refrigerated when not in use?
If using a cloner, do you clean after each cycle with a bleach solution? Do you also clean all of your foam pucks with a bleach solution?
When you fill your cloner, do you PH your water? Do you add anything to the water in your cloner?

Ok so it wasn't a couple of questions, it was more like taking your SATS all over again :rofl:

Answers:

Yes
No
C
False
Bach's Toccata and Fugue In D Minor
All the above
Sacagawea
Both a trapezoid and a rhombus (trick question)
Counterclockwise (see attached illustration using stick figures to indicate motion)
A colloid
The Bernoulli principle
Because he can
November 22nd, 1963
To get to the other side

But seriously-

I've tried just about every technique and used three different cloners: bubbler, mister/sprayer, and Rapid Rooter plugs. They are all DIY and all have worked, but with very low success. I typically use a new razor blade, but if re-used it is clean and soaked in alcohol. I scrub the cloners with warm soapy water after each use then run bleach solution through them and all other components. I always put Clonex into a shot glass - never dip into the bottle.

I've watched the pros do it (1,000 at a time) and they just use clean fiskars and cut straight across. I've always done the 45 degree angle but they swear it makes no difference since the roots come out the sides of the stem not the end. I scrape the stems sometimes, I split them sometimes, and I leave them alone sometimes.

The things I am going to change:
Even stronger bleach solution for cleaning
A very small amount of bleach in the water along with a weak bloom feed and PH down a little
Leave the cuttings in the cloning gel longer so they can wick more of it before going into the cloner

Thanks for the assist! Enjoy your long weekend. Get out and take advantage of this GREAT weather.

I browsed a lil bit and enjoyed everything, so subbed :bong:

Answers:

Yes
No
C
False
All the above
Sacagawea
Counterclockwise (see attached illustration using stick figures to indicate motion)
A colloid
The Bernoulli principle
Because he can
November 22nd, 1963
To get to the other side

But seriously-

I've tried just about every technique and used three different cloners: bubbler, mister/sprayer, and Rapid Rooter plugs. They are all DIY and all have worked, but with very low success. I typically use a new razor blade, but if re-used it is clean and soaked in alcohol. I scrub the cloners with warm soapy water after each use then run bleach solution through them and all other components. I always put Clonex into a shot glass - never dip into the bottle.

I've watched the pros do it (1,000 at a time) and they just use clean fiskars and cut straight across. I've always done the 45 degree angle but they swear it makes no difference since the roots come out the sides of the stem not the end. I scrape the stems sometimes, I split them sometimes, and I leave them alone sometimes.

A very small amount of bleach in the water along with a weak bloom feed and PH down a little
Leave the cuttings in the cloning gel longer so they can wick more of it before going into the cloner

Thanks for the assist!

If you make all your cuts carefully under water at a 45 degree angle the roots can certainly come out the bottom. When I clone correctly and do a good job the roots come faster and pop right out the bottom (sides too). Major I highly recommend you skip the clonex.

image9146.jpeg
P32007641.JPG

Answers:

Yes
No
C
False
All the above
Sacagawea
A colloid
The Bernoulli principle
Because he can
November 22nd, 1963
To get to the other side
Oh I see you bought the same cheat sheet off the internet as I did for my SATS

But seriously-

Thanks for the assist!
One thing I have noticed is with the cloning gel, do not coat the stem really heavy with it, it will create like a barrier, I normally dip the stem in and make sure the whole area is well coated then roll the stem against the edge of the shot glass to remove excess gel and create a thin coating. When I use to leave it on real thick it took longer for roots to get started, but that could just be my set up.

I browsed a lil bit and enjoyed everything, so subbed :bong:
Why thank you for checking out my garden
I know I am a very unorthodox grower and my logic sometimes can be a bit odd so if you see me doing something odd or stupid feel free to speak up. Everyone else does :rofl:

If you make all your cute carefully under water at a 45 degree angle the roots can certainly come out the bottom. When I clone correctly and do a good job the roots come faster and pop right out the bottom (sides too). Major I highly recommend you skip the clonex.

image9146.jpeg
P32007641.JPG

I see you are using an EZ-cloner as well, I liked the larger model like you have because of the air ports which allows you to oxygenate the water in the tub. In the past I have put an air-stone at the bottom of my tub to do that, which I do believe is beneficial. Earlier this year I took a bunch of cuttings from some plants I was loli-popping and stuck them in a quart jar of water and left them in my veg tent assuming I would eventually get around to dig out the cloner and make some clones. Well I just did not get around to it so when I finally decided to just throw them out I noticed two of the branches I had in the jar had roots. I think that plants have a desire to survive just as humans do and some are stronger then others.
Totally off subject but have you ever watched the video of the guy doing the experiments with cabbage where he has one hooked up to an oscilloscope and has 6 people walk past the one hooked up and one which is not hooked up then he has one person physically destroy the cabbage which is not hooked up, the O-scope went crazy. Then he had the same 6 people walk back by the cabbage plant that was left and when the person who destroyed the other cabbage plant walked up to the undamaged cabbage plant, that is when the O-scope went crazy again. A plant with memory, pretty crazy.

Since all of my cloners are of the DIY type, I'm wondering if the EZ-cloners run 24/7? When I use my bubbler, it does, but when I use my aero-cloner, I run it on/off in 15 minute cycles.

Since all of my cloners are of the DIY type, I'm wondering if the EZ-cloners run 24/7? When I use my bubbler, it does, but when I use my aero-cloner, I run it on/off in 15 minute cycles.
I have run my cloner 24/7 and also doing a 30 minute on 30 minute off cycle both worked ok for me. I normally run lights at 18/6 but on this run I wanted to see if I could sex the girls quicker so I am running 12/12 at the moment.

I run the aerocloner 24hrs with lights on 18/6hrs
LOL so yours is an aerocloner sweet, the internal parts are identical to the ez-cloner... I wonder who stole who's idea and ran with it :rofl:

I have run my cloner 24/7 and also doing a 30 minute on 30 minute off cycle both worked ok for me. I normally run lights at 18/6 but on this run I wanted to see if I could sex the girls quicker so I am running 12/12 at the moment.

LOL so yours is an aerocloner sweet, the internal parts are identical to the ez-cloner... I wonder who stole who's idea and ran with it :rofl:
No you are right OG it is an EZ-cloner, I just say aerocloner to differentiate from bubble style cloners.

image10014.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom