1st Try At DWC/Soil Grow - Huckleberry - Cherry Pie - Dogwalker OG - Malawi Gold

Going...going...gone! :rofl:

Snip 8<....

Oh my lord I babble when I get medicated. Off to take some pictures in the garden and decide if it is time to pot some of those clones or wait a few days.
Also a few pictures of how well plant #1 the DWC Huckleberry has done this week.
Catch you all in a bit, time to go play with the indoor girls

Great babble :) What strain was it that got you so fired up?

Great babble :) What strain was it that got you so fired up?
Well that depends on which fired up to your referring. The Cherry Pie has been a complete and total disaster though I did get 3 clones off her and will take them all to flower the good lord willing, the Huckleberry I have in the DWC has been simply amazing. It is easily 3 times as big as the other 2 huckleberries I popped at the same time.
I stopped in your garden and saw you are in Harvest mode, cool cool. I must say you did a stellar job on your grow and if anyone has not seen what you accomplished I would suggest they take a peek:thumb:

Since I Sinead got left off on the last update I ran out back and took a shot of her in her new digs. Apparently she is cool with the evening temps with her new coat on.

IMG_183218.jpg

Ok Time to fire up the Bat Signal AKA Rifleman

Help me Mr. Wizard!
While the DWC is doing great I have a minor concern regarding the bigger Huckleberry. This sucker is growing out of control and drinking like an alcoholic on Saint Patties Day. Last night about an hour before lights out she was down 3 quarts of water from the 6 quarts I put in when I got home from work, this morning before leaving to go to work I had to add 6 quarts to fill her back up, now I just added another 6 quarts to top her off and she still has another hour before lights out. I would love to put her in my smaller tent under the T-5s but she would fill the whole tent just by herself, she is almost 4x4 feet now and no signs of slowing down. I may have to push her into flower just so she does not outgrow my flower tent. I was hoping to get a few more plants ready for flower before I flipped since my smaller tent is pretty much full and I have no where to put the 5 other plants I presently have in my flower tent. I was going to be moving them outdoors for my outdoor grow this season but if something doesn't change I may be forced to move them outside sooner then I was hoping.

Rifleman I am open for suggestions, other then buy stock in the water company.

Build a large capacity tote reservoir like I did on my blog, drop the basket in it, wait... enjoy a large harvest. :) I've never had one drink like that, but you've found the drawback to 5 gallon buckets. :rofl: No way to go away for the weekend unless you have a plant sitter.

I got a plant sitter I can use but holy crap she is a thirsty gal. I wonder if I connected 2 or 3 of the 5 gallon buckets in series with a connecting hose at the bottom so the water capacity would be higher if that would work, not sure if that would be simpler then building a whole new DWC. Not really excited about a bigger harvest, Harvesting is work and I pretty much grow for the fun part, it is to bad they do not make a self harvesting self curing plant, then I would not have to deal with the part I dislike.:rofl: I just like growing it, after it is grown, heck its a hassle, like having to cut the grapes back every year. I need to find a patient who I can grow for that once it is ready for harvest they come and take the plant away so I can just do what I like to do, grow.

That's a good problem to have I would imagine. A thirsty girl is a happy girl.

Time to start switching out the water/nutrients in the buckets for the week. One bucket was a piece of cake, 4 buckets, not so much.
As usual I will be washing each bucket out with bleach before refilling. Cleaning all the air-stones and tubing as well as the bucket.
I have been running at 300 to 600 PPM on all of the buckets including the big Huckleberry, though this week I will be bumping her PPM's up to 600 to 900 just to see how she re-acts.
I plan to keep 2 mothers out of this grow, one Malawi Gold and one Huckleberry. So what is not designated for the outdoor grow or what will be given away to friends and family will be flipped into flower with the large Huckleberry. Since my brother is not going to be growing indoors till later this year he has told me I could borrow a few of his LEDs for this grow if I wanted to use them, which I do, more light is always a plus. This afternoon I will be pulling in another 20 amp circuit to the grow area, just to be on the safe side.
I need to get a grow tent and a LED light ordered today for Eyesforgrandpa and get that on its way as well as package up a few other items to help him get started. He is planning on only growing 1 or 2 small plants at a time so if I buy him the smallest Mars-hydro light they got aka the cheapest, I think he will be good to go.
Other then getting that all done today I plan on medicating later this evening and enjoying the rest of the day:rofl:
Hope everyones weekend is going well for them and their gardens are green and happy :circle-of-love:
Best get started since this will not get done by itself and I have much to do today. Will try and get some pictures up today before I start medicating ;)

So the DWC buckets have been changed I am running all 4 at 5.8 PH and since I do not measure when adding nutrients anymore I will say I put a slosh of Armor Si Silica in each bucket and 3 were at 600 ppm and the big Huckleberry got 1010 PPM. After reading Major Pita's outdoor journal and seeing he has already moved his ladies outdoors I am thinking that if I finish everything on my list today perhaps I will plant 3 of the gals out back tomorrow. I have 5 bags of FFOF to amend my holes and a smidgen of ambition. by the way a smidgen is slightly less then a sliver so if I was a betting man, I would be betting on next weekend for the move outside, but there is a smidgen of a chance.
I forgot to mention the other day my seeds from Herbies showed up, which I am pretty excited about. I am thinking once I get the outdoor plants for me out and the 2 I will be moving out to my brothers, that will give me plenty of room to grow an auto in the veg tent and flower the rest other then the 2 mothers.I got 4x red poison auto, 5x Berry Bomb Auto, 1x Killer Purps femanized Photo and 3xDinafem Critical auto.
Well back to work, that circuit will not pull itself in. One job completed a few more to go then I can medicate, have a feeling after doing this upcoming attic crawl my hip will be killing me

So my ambition was interrupted by 6 games of cribbage when my brother and sister dropped over to the house. I did manage to get the new circuit pulled in to the back room and cut into the wall, though I still need to go out and terminate the wires on the breaker. It will take longer to move all my surf boards and junk to make room the to actually terminate the wires on the breaker. Glad the wife works today so her car is not in the garage. I should be able to turn on the other two lights this after-noon depending on my ambition:rofl:
Hope to get a few photos up before the day is over.
Time to go look for my ambition and get this all finished up.

So my ambition was interrupted by 6 games of cribbage when my brother and sister dropped over to the house. I did manage to get the new circuit pulled in to the back room and cut into the wall, though I still need to go out and terminate the wires on the breaker. It will take longer to move all my surf boards and junk to make room the to actually terminate the wires on the breaker. Glad the wife works today so her car is not in the garage. I should be able to turn on the other two lights this after-noon depending on my ambition:rofl:
Hope to get a few photos up before the day is over.
Time to go look for my ambition and get this all finished up.

There are worse ways to spend your time ;-) Good luck in finding your mojo.

Do not know if I was able to find any Mojo but I was able to figure out a solution to adding 2 more lights to the flower tent without having it collapse upon itself. Not ideal but it will work and until I come up with a better solution it will just have to do. Had to reroute a few things so I could get the new 20 amp circuit into play.
Sinead is starting to recover from her massive haircut I gave her and is getting use to being outdoors. I believe the days are long enough now to move them all outdoors but wha has me a bit concerned is how chilly it is at day break. I have always planted the weekend of mothers day for everything except cold weather crops so since mothers day is only a few more weeks I will deal with the girls till then and then make the move outdoors and flip the inside.
The smaller tent is starting to look more like home, even the Cherrie Pie does not look 1/2 bad, though she is still in the doghouse with me, but if she ever stops being such a finicky BIOTCH perhaps I may change my opinion of her.
IMG_185934.jpg
IMG_185830.jpg
IMG_185731.jpg
IMG_185628.jpg

Even Sinead (DW OG) is starting to come together out in the green house.
IMG_185230.jpg

When I put the clones into the buckets the roots were not very long and since I put them into the larger baskets I kept the water level higher then I needed just so there was no chance the roots could dry out. That was not the best choice, I have since put the water level where it is suppose to be and low and behold here comes the roots.
IMG_185026.jpg
IMG_184828.jpg

I hope these gals can catch up with just a week or two before I flip them. The Malawi Gold appears to be taking off but the other two do not seem to be in any rush to grow.
IMG_184620.jpg

I gave the Huckleberry a little more room to grow by spreading some of the plants out, though the 2 Malawi Gold in the back are still pretty well packed in tight. Maybe tomorrow night or the next I can make more room for them.
IMG_184524.jpg

I had to make an adjustment to the tent so I could add 2 more lights. Not ideal but oh well it is what it is. I installed a 2x3 support which is pretty hard to see in the pictures but it runs the length of the tent and gives added support to all of the cross sections.
IMG_184421.jpg
IMG_184321.jpg
IMG_184226.jpg

Well other then that not much happening around here, just another day in paradise.
Hope everyones gardens are green and pest free :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom