2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

I was hoping to hold out a little longer but it looks like I will be moving this grow outside earlier than planned.

My veg space is very limited - about 32" square. It's a shower stall (drain in the floor, easy to scrub, plumbing, ventilation, and electrical handy, enough height, but just too damn small. I walled the space off but with only a 22" door and the plants no longer fit. Future indoor grows may be 12/12.

Fortunately these are destined for the summer sun. This weekend may be the big move!

20150522_155625.jpg

Damn, how did I miss this journal??? Subbed and will get caught up. Your plants are kicking ass PITA!

Thanks neiko! Glad you are on board!

I was hoping to hold out a little longer but it looks like I will be moving this grow outside earlier than planned.

My veg space is very limited - about 32" square. It's a shower stall (drain in the floor, easy to scrub, plumbing, ventilation, and electrical handy, enough height, but just too damn small. I walled the space off but with only a 22" door and the plants no longer fit. Future indoor grows may be 12/12.

Fortunately these are destined for the summer sun. This weekend may be the big move!

20150522_155625.jpg

Woohoo!!! They're gonna love that star light :)
My nl x bb is kicking back in the greenhouse lovin life! My only concern is how big is she gonna get lol

All you guys that get to grow outside just piss me off.....I wanna....i wanna. :ganjamon:
Hey Major...you gonna put those in the earth or leave em in pots? I think if i had the chance ,i'de prolly use big buggers ,say 45gal's. and use a cart or something to move them around.Dunno, never had the op.Have a great night you guys....cheers.

Yeah - 45 gal would be sweet. These are each going into 25's. I know now that will be too small, but it's what I have.
I know a bigger pot (more soil) is always better, but is there a way to compensate somewhat? Maybe with more concentrated drenches, or ???

:thanks: all for stopping by!

Yeah - 45 gal would be sweet. These are each going into 25's. I know now that will be too small, but it's what I have.
I know a bigger pot (more soil) is always better, but is there a way to compensate somewhat? Maybe with more concentrated drenches, or ???

:thanks: all for stopping by!

Mornin Major...ya the more soil made available later on in growth basically means less of an issue with it running out of gas ,so to speak. I think youl'e be ok bud with the 25's. It really depends on how big they get . With the 25's.....if you do have any issues..it will be in mid to late flowering....don't forget pal ,those 25's. are pretty big pots eh.Cheers Major and have an awesome day bud. Have ya thought about just getting a hold of a couple of those big plastic rain barrels,cutting them down some say to 35-45 gal. cap. ,and use them?

Mornin Major...ya the more soil made available later on in growth basically means less of an issue with it running out of gas ,so to speak. I think youl'e be ok bud with the 25's. It really depends on how big they get . With the 25's.....if you do have any issues..it will be in mid to late flowering....don't forget pal ,those 25's. are pretty big pots eh.Cheers Major and have an awesome day bud. Have ya thought about just getting a hold of a couple of those big plastic rain barrels,cutting them down some say to 35-45 gal. cap. ,and use them?

Mornin' dugg!

I could get the pots - not a problem. But I don't have the soil. All my HB soil is in the 25's and none is cooking right now.
I'm going to go with what I have and see how it goes. It's all a learning experience for me, so off to class I go. I'm sure I'll learn a lot over this summer. Hopefully I don't get an 'F' or an incomplete. I don't want to get held back or placed in a remedial HB class.

It's time to see how these will do against our usual outdoor pests - like caterpillars, slugs, snails, grasshoppers. I had a heck of a problem in my last grow with root aphids. But Doc and everyone is right. So far bugs have not been a problem even though these have been where the aphids were. Now I'll see how well they stand up to larger critters.

Have a great weekend!

The Weakly Update (Week #6)

Today was moving day. The HB Pitbull demanded it. The other three could have gone another week - probably two - maybe three, but I want all of them in the same place at the same time. I learned one thing (at least). Moving from 7 gal. to 25 gal. is a lot tougher than going from 1 to 7.

The Pitbull up-canning went the best. It had such nice root development that it held together perfectly and the move was pretty smooth. The Ace of Spades should have waited at least another week since it is a good two weeks behind the Pitbull. It lost some small roots but will be fine. They both got Transplant and De-Stress afterwards.

These are the last pic's of them in their mobile(?) 7 gal. pots. HB are on top. PB to the right / AoS to the left. The Pitbull is 39 days old today.
Moving_Day_05-23-15_2.jpg
Moving_Day_05-23-15_1.jpg

Getting ready to go for a little ride.
20150523_101715.jpg

The hole is prep'd and dusted with Roots!
20150523_103443.jpg

HB PB out of its can and ready to dive in (more Roots! was added to it)
20150523_103819.jpg

Home sweet home (hopefully) for the next few months.
20150523_110220.jpg

Rinse and repeat for the AoS, and then again for the two not in HB soil (no Roots! for them).
20150523_121416.jpg
20150523_121430.jpg

That's all for today. The HB plants have been kicking ass. Now I just need to wait and see how much stress they go through with the transplant and the small change in photoperiod. I'm optimistic they'll be looking good by the next update. Our veggie garden is complete!

Cheers gang! :Namaste:

Today was moving day. The HB Pitbull demanded it. The other three could have gone another week - probably two - maybe three, but I want all of them in the same place at the same time. I learned one thing (at least). Moving from 7 gal. to 25 gal. is a lot tougher than going from 1 to 7.

The Pitbull up-canning went the best. It had such nice root development that it held together perfectly and the move was pretty smooth. The Ace of Spades should have waited at least another week since it is a good two weeks behind the Pitbull. It lost some small roots but will be fine. They both got Transplant and De-Stress afterwards.

These are the last pic's of them in their mobile(?) 7 gal. pots. HB are on top. PB to the right / AoS to the left. The Pitbull is 39 days old today.

20150523_101715.jpg

20150523_103443.jpg

20150523_103819.jpg

20150523_110220.jpg

Rinse and repeat for the AoS, and then again for the two not in HB soil (no Roots! for them).
20150523_121416.jpg
20150523_121430.jpg

That's all for today. The HB plants have been kicking ass. Now I just need to wait and see how much stress they go through with the transplant and the small change in photoperiod. I'm optimistic they'll be looking good by the next update. Our veggie garden is complete!

You wony even see the hb plants show stress bro...maybe a day if that! Cheers Major :)

Fuckinay...REPS+

Seeing those bushes go into the ground made me smile. Excited for you man. I think you'll be fine in 25's, it's just a matter of feeding more often later in flower. I hope the other veggies don't get pissed when maryjane takes all their sun.

:cool:

Fuckinay...REPS+

Seeing those bushes go into the ground made me smile. Excited for you man. I think you'll be fine in 25's, it's just a matter of feeding more often later in flower. I hope the other veggies don't get pissed when maryjane takes all their sun.

:cool:

:rofl:

:thanks: for the reps Gov, and to you scrubby for the vote of confidence! :blunt:

20150523_101715.jpg

20150523_103443.jpg

20150523_103819.jpg

20150523_110220.jpg

20150523_121416.jpg
20150523_121430.jpg

Those HB plants look awesome - looking forward to those plants in bloom!

Mornin Major....you got it goin on brotha....and what ya sayin about failing HB school....your doin great and will continue to do great things.Those in the ground are gonna blow you away pal. You are one of the very lucky ones that get to have fun outdoors....i really like the looks of your lil' garden ya got there. Just one point Major...don't forget to keep the bottom of these babies trimmed up real good eh....makes it harder for the bugs to take over! Try and keep all the lower leaves from getting too close to the ground....just my 2 pal...have a great day .cheers.

Good advice duggan! I've been wondering when someone would call me out on that. I want to take some cuttings before bloom (whenever that will be). I def' need to give them some TLC and get rid of stuff at the bottom.

For anyone that grows outside, when might I expect to see blooming start? I want to get those cuttings later rather than sooner, but I don't want to try and veg cuttings taken after bloom. I know it is strain-dependant, but I'm thinking mid-August (?). These are indica dominate and fairly quick. The PB is listed as 6-7 weeks and the AoS is 8 weeks. Any idea when I should take cuttings?

:thanks:

Thanks for the info, guys. Sounds like a plan. I'll start watching closely mid-July.
The one thing I don't like about this outdoor grow is, the plants aren't right next to me any longer. I'm used to walking by and checking on them a few times each day and maybe make a minor tweak to the branches or to check for wilting, etc. I miss having them around even though they are only a few hundred yards away.
Cheers and have a great what's-left-of-the-weekend!

Back
Top Bottom