2016 - Perpetual Basement Blues In RDWC - 1000W HPS - Autoflowering Blue Strains

Holy crap, growchick. It never rains, eh? Fortunately, you're smart and have maintained your sense of humour, at least in recalling it, but that sucks.

However, this quote made me snicker solidly for 5 minutes:

Well, I'm glad I checked on the buckets! Yet another hose had popped off. I'm not saying that my mom's dog, whom I'm sitting while she's away, knocked it off. I'm just saying my hoses never spontaneously come loose when that dog is not here

All the best to you and your garden and your mom's dog and the tiles and the reservoir hoses ...

:circle-of-love:

I need that water absorbing tile .......

I'm wondering if I used a filter, like the kind you run external to a fish tank, would that filter out the nutrients as well as the crap I want filtered out of my res water?

I'm also considering hydrogen peroxide in the reservoirs.

If you are just filtering sediment you can use the aquarium filter and cut a small hole in it to pour the carbon out. The mesh will then filter the solid particles. If you leave the carbon in it will remove the nutes also.

If you are just filtering sediment you can use the aquarium filter and cut a small hole in it to pour the carbon out. The mesh will then filter the solid particles. If you leave the carbon in it will remove the nutes also.

Ah, cool. Yeah, I was thinking the carbon would be too much since it filters like everything everything. This could work - thanks!

Sorry to hear about your grow complications but, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Yea, I know that sucks and is total BS. At least you will always remember this grow. And as far as carpet getting wet, I want tile in every room with a floor drain, but the wife says no. I tell her I could dust with a fire hose.

The grow still looks great. :geek:

You guys crack me up! hahahah dust with a fire hose - I totally hear you on that. Yeah, I feel like I'm always breaking something! Or it's breaking behind my back lol

OK Long update because I've been derelict. My work has been real lately. I really think they should just pay me and not make me do stuff.

First, the Narco Purps. I've never screwed plants up like I've screwed up these plants. :rofl:

Day 30

I planted 6 the same day. The two larger ones in the foreground sprouted 2 days before the 3 midgets still in the nursery. One seed was a dud.

The two larger ones were slow to grow, also, but at least they're almost normal plant size.

The tiniest of them all is not even as tall as my lighter nor as wide!

The tallest of them isn't much bigger than the lighter.

Covered in preflowers

I've got the midgetiest of midgety pot plants you've ever seen here. I bet I get like 8 grams dry per plant. Seriously, though.

On the bright side, OMG the purple!!!! I love this light so much. My pictures are so much prettier on this side of the room. I must get more of these.

Day 60

The Blue Mystic are looking really good. They still have weird nutrient things going on. Like one is speckled. Two look like zebras. One is a perfect specimen. So different.

Here's the whole nest of them.

And the tops of each.

So yeah. I smoked a bowl (remember that plant that got decimated by the window tile? yeah, it's dry now and wow for something 4 weeks early it's amazing) and I got to thinking, those little Narco Purps need the right nutrients even if they're only a few inches tall, so I transplanted them. Of course, now, I'm going to have to go hand water them every hour for the next several days so they don't dry out because their roots are so not long enough. I'll have to work from home tomorrow. And Monday.

I have to rebuild the nursery bucket a little bit tomorrow and scrub it out and get it ready to start the Blue Amnesia!

The big ones are drinking quite a bit - had to add 4 gallons of mix. They're looking quite lush and loverly, and I can't wait to start pick, pick, picking them! I think the first one is about 10 days away now.

Had our first bondage session with the Narco Purps. The two which are more than 2 inches tall (sigh) got bent over, just on the off chance they want to grow up more than a foot tall (sigh).

I've been hand watering the little ones every hour or so by pouring a cup of water from the reservoir over their rocks. I can't wait until their roots get long enough to end this nonsense. ;)

After cleaning out the nursery and replacing the sprayer heads, I got the Blue Amnesia in and germinating. I only had 5 of those seeds.

Thanks for all the kind words and support, also. It's nice to know you're not the only stoned moron in the bunch, sometimes :rofl:

Thanks for all the kind words and support, also. It's nice to know you're not the only stoned moron in the bunch, sometimes :rofl:

I've got a google alerts set up on "stoned moron". I hate it when people talk about me online.

I've got a google alerts set up on "stoned moron". I hate it when people talk about me online.

Ahahahahahah #stonedMoronStrikesAgain

I've been hand watering the little ones every hour or so by pouring a cup of water from the reservoir over their rocks. I can't wait until their roots get long enough to end this nonsense. ;)

That would do my head in! Would a drip feeder or something work? Or maybe they are expensive and fiddly?

I can just use my NFT systems to germinate and grow....about a week ago I stuck an Auto Dark Devil seed in NFT and set the pump running. In that time all I've done is splash some water in the res once or twice even although the pH hasn't shifted off 5.6 all week.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom