420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody

Beautiful plant there Justin, that photoperiod looks terrific in the window.
First to finish, now you have us all wishing we started earlier.
A perfect photo finish for her. Well done!
My sentiments exactly! Great plant that has been a joy to watch Justin. Thanks for all the wisdom along the way. I'm excited to watch the auto grow. I really appreciate the wisdom shared about growing them too. I admit that a lot of that chatter has/had me nervous about growing an auto. After I'm done with the GSC grow, I will be starting some autos!

Now to patiently wait for trimming and cured pics!

Well she wasn’t my biggest ever, but she will no doubt be tasty.
0C239A82-D8F0-4413-8E0B-004FCF2CD901.jpeg
541 grams (untrimmed) which is about what I had figured in the last few weeks, and will probably dry down to 4 1/2-5 oz.

I think I can do better with this next GSC auto and finally being past the learning curve with these nutes.

I learned a lot while dismantling the former GeoPot of this plant.
There were no big roots in the soil, only tiny hairlike ones. It wasn’t a root ball, looked more like the blood vessels inside a lung.
I could still see the outline of the original solo cup rootball.
This definitely leads me to believe that part of my problem was underwatering. Especially in the beginning after up potting, I think I dehydrated her pretty bad a few times.
It’s harder to go by pot weight using this system, sometimes the roots just needed more water anyway. It was new to me…

I’m on top of it now, plenty of water and a little different approach to the nutes.

I also started in my final container, that’s my preference and I should have done it with the photo plant too.
Live and learn. Someone had to trip a little in the dark so you guys could see some of the bumps coming. And I still ended up with a pretty decent harvest for 106 days.

Some of these growers really have it dialed in already and are gonna end up with some real weight and quality flower.
Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

I’m going to keep experimenting with different methods until I get it “right” and I appreciate the support along the way.

Well she wasn’t my biggest ever, but she will no doubt be tasty.
0C239A82-D8F0-4413-8E0B-004FCF2CD901.jpeg
541 grams (untrimmed) which is about what I had figured in the last few weeks, and will probably dry down to 4 1/2-5 oz.

I think I can do better with this next GSC auto and finally being past the learning curve with these nutes.

I learned a lot while dismantling the former GeoPot of this plant.
There were no big roots in the soil, only tiny hairlike ones. It wasn’t a root ball, looked more like the blood vessels inside a lung.
I could still see the outline of the original solo cup rootball.
This definitely leads me to believe that part of my problem was underwatering. Especially in the beginning after up potting, I think I dehydrated her pretty bad a few times.
It’s harder to go by pot weight using this system, sometimes the roots just needed more water anyway. It was new to me…

I’m on top of it now, plenty of water and a little different approach to the nutes.

I also started in my final container, that’s my preference and I should have done it with the photo plant too.
Live and learn. Someone had to trip a little in the dark so you guys could see some of the bumps coming. And I still ended up with a pretty decent harvest for 106 days.

Some of these growers really have it dialed in already and are gonna end up with some real weight and quality flower.
Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

I’m going to keep experimenting with different methods until I get it “right” and I appreciate the support along the way.

Great job and assessment of your GSC @Weed Seeds Express

Congrats on the harvest Justin.

I was behind a few pages and was looking at your most recent pics first. Thought your plant did a Benjamin Button on me.

Nice tortoise btw.

So can I asked how many times you top and when, for photoperiod’s. I didn’t top this time round and not even sure why, lol. Your plants are amazing man, I may not say to much but watch to learn, so thx for great journals!
Thanks for stopping by!
I only top once, generally above the 4th node. Some people will let it grow to node 6 or so before cutting, but I do it pretty early. With autos it’s between day 12-20, this one was day 19.
I don’t grow many photos these days, autos fit my space and my style just right…and no herming from light leaks or problems from power outages.

But yes I’d say topping mostly depends on the training you’ll be doing.
Even with no topping, there’s still lots of LST that can be done and more tops will develop. I’m just used to doing it at a certain point with all my plants.

Thanks for stopping by!
I only top once, generally above the 4th node. Some people will let it grow to node 6 or so before cutting, but I do it pretty early. With autos it’s between day 12-20, this one was day 19.
I don’t grow many photos these days, autos fit my space and my style just right…and no herming from light leaks or problems from power outages.

But yes I’d say topping mostly depends on the training you’ll be doing.
Even with no topping, there’s still lots of LST that can be done and more tops will develop. I’m just used to doing it at a certain point with all my plants.
Yeah, glad to follow! I hear ya and yeah I didn’t top on my second grow purely due to the strain, just did some LST. It was a strain a few of us were growing on another forum, another grower top his before I started and had serious issues, I decided not top mine because of it. I’m doing 2 GSC photo’s next grow in my 4x4 and will be topping with LST.

Back
Top Bottom