420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Extravaganza Featuring NextLight Mega, GeoFlora Nutes & More!

So glad your parents are okay :high-five:

Good luck tonight, my mom is going through it as well.

Only 75mph in the Bahamas, should be a nice little storm to enjoy.

Hope your power stays on :goodluck:

Glad your mom is better and your dad is negative. Stay safe and stay well.

Happy to hear about your folks being better. Good luck with the storm; I wouldn't be surprised next if you had locusts the way things are going for you. I admire your resilience.

Also, the plants look happy, green and healthy. A good omen for the Geoflora.

PIC UPDATE - TENT IS FILLING UP!

Thanks again, to everyone for their concern and good wishes! :thanks:

Still waiting on this hurricane but it's a pretty weak one, so no real worries here, other than some power outages.

All the girls are happy, healthy and filling up the 4' x 4' tent. Depending on how this week goes, I may flip next weekend and, if not, it will most certainly be the following weekend.

Here's the group pic showing good use of the horizontal space:

The Mendocino Purple Kush is putting out 9-fingered leaves, though it may be tough to tell from the pic:

I'm expecting the most stretch from the Platinum Cake and it's my main concern with timing the flip so I have some distance from the light:

The Dark Ghost Train is taking up the least amount of floor space and, since being up-potted to the #10 GeoPot, has recovered well from the earlier Mag deficiencies:

The Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane, on the other hand, is spread out nicely and taking up the most amount of floor space. I'm really anxious to see how this strain performs:

Finally, just a pic of the "jungle" we have going (mostly the TCxS):

I'm very happy with the NextLight Mega, so far, and especially the dimmer function which has really helped control temps and humidity during veg and I'm sure has saved me some $$$'s on electricity. :thumb:

Of course, the real test of how the light performs will be starting in the next couple of weeks when we flip to Bloom.

Happy Harvests!

K

Power outages on flowering is terrible. I hope everything returns to normal so you can flip soon. Tent is so dense already and I assume you don't have very high RH.

This type of tent can easily go out of control in a week for even an intermediate grower. There is still a lot more veg. potential there. Good for us Krip knows what he is doing :passitleft: I just wanted to note that because some people stumble upon these journals and think everybody can manage such plants with little knowledge. I saved my friends harvest last month. It was his first grow and I was constantly monitoring but he didn't care and lied to me about the RH levels. I managed to spot some very early phase mould before him coming clean :laughtwo: We installed two more fans and he is now enjoying some great Liberty Haze nugs. He also invited pests into a pest free grow room on his second grow by rotating his seedlings around his house and balcony to see how they perform under sunlight. He is a very enthusiastic newbie grower :laughtwo:

MENDOCINO PURPLE KUSH BONSAI MOM

Those of you that have followed me for a while already know I try to take clones of every strain I run and keep the original seedling as a Bonsai Mom in a small 2' x 3' tent. By maintaining the Moms as Bonsais, I can keep multiple strains in a very small space and take more clones than I'd ever be able to run in the two tents I use to flower.

Part of maintaining the Bonsais in the small containers is, once or twice a year, you need to prune the roots, depending on the strain and how quickly it puts them out.

The Mendo Purple Kush has had a strong root system from the start and I almost always check that first since it's usually the first to dry out. I started it in February of this year and it was getting pretty rootbound in the 4" container, so I decided to do a root pruning today and, while she was out, snapped a few pics.

Here she is, after root pruning and re-planting with some fresh soil back in the 4" container:

She also got a trim earlier this week and you can see she's about as tall as a #2 pencil:

Even with the recent haircut, I could still take plenty of clones, if needed, and lots more when I let her grow out a couple/few weeks:

For anyone interested that hasn't already seen it, most of what I learned about keeping Bonsai Moms I learned years ago from this thread: Bonsai Mothers

I've said many times that it's really changed my life as a grower! :thumb:

Happy Harvests!

K

My Bandaid Haze mom is in a half gallon pot and she’ll give more clones than I could ever hope to grow out. You reminded me I need to trim back the roots on her very soon. Bonsai technique is a game changer for real

Geo Flora seems to working nicely for you:thumb:
Yeah, so far, the GeoFlora is great! I just gave them their second feeding since it's applied every two weeks. That means I've used something like 4 lbs out of the 25 lb. bag and, since I won't need to feed again for another two weeks, by then, I'll be flipping to flower and switching to the bloom formula.

I purchased a couple of 1 gallon storage containers with lids and filled one each with the GeoFlora Veg and Bloom mixes, and put a 1/2 cup measuring cup in along with the nutes. Then, I just carry the smaller container to the tent, dish out a couple scoops to each plant, and I'm done for two weeks. :slide:

Happy to see that bonsai link; coincidentally I was just saying on @MrSauga's journal the other day I was googling about how to keep a mother plant small like a bonsai tree. I didn’t find a definitive guide on my own so I appreciate the link Mr. Krip.

I like the idea of using organics versus chemical so cheers on how happy and green your plants seem with the GeoFlora so far. If part B does as well in flower it looks like a winner; that is the real test I find. Good luck.

Hey K

I know this is off topic but...

My mulberry bush (not a euphemism either ;)) has lost all but 3 leaves, it’s the last month of winter here. I can see new shoots. Should I cut it back?

Hey K

I know this is off topic but...

My mulberry bush (not a euphemism either ;)) has lost all but 3 leaves, it’s the last month of winter here. I can see new shoots. Should I cut it back?
You can prune them just about any time. I know a guy who swears every time he trims his Mulberry (also, not a euphemism! ;) ), it throws out another round of fruit. I pretty much only prune mine to control the height & shape. They do handle pruning well, if that's the question.

You can prune them just about any time. I know a guy who swears every time he trims his Mulberry (also, not a euphemism! ;) ), it throws out another round of fruit. I pretty much only prune mine to control the height & shape. They do handle pruning well, if that's the question.
Mulberry bushes have never sounded more erotic!

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Mine was a birthday gift last year and is still small and straggly, maybe 80cm with straggly branches. I’ll give her a snip. I just wasn’t sure whether to wait till spring.

Mulberry bushes have never sounded more erotic!

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Mine was a birthday gift last year and is still small and straggly, maybe 80cm with straggly branches. I’ll give her a snip. I just wasn’t sure whether to wait till spring.

Best time to trim is when they're dormant (fall/winter) when the sap isn't flowing as much and so the new shoots take off in the Spring. ;)

Also, they grow and produce fruit quickly. Mine went from about a 6" cutting to a 14' tree in a year and produced a ton of fruit in it's 2nd year.

IT'S NOT A SCROG! :thedoubletake:

First, a little update, then we're all going to play a game! :yahoo:

I put up some trellis netting to help support the taller, heavier colas which, while not tall & heavy now, hopefully will be in a another 45 days, or so, and it's easier to get the support in place now.

Here's what it looks like:

Just to be clear, this is NOT a SCROG!

If I was doing a SCROG, I'd want much smaller mesh screen and I'd be "weaving & tucking" branches until the screen was 75% full, then flip.

This is just some support netting to help keep the heavier colas from falling over and reduce the number of yo-yo's I'll have to hang later in flower.

Now, here's the game....

I'm guessing, based on past experience, that about 80% of the people seeing pics, from this post forward, who have not read this post, will end up commenting on or asking about the SCROG.

When this happens, I'd like everyone to reply to those posts with "It's not a SCROG!" and let's see how many "It's not a SCROG!" posts we get by the end of this journal! :rofl:

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom