420Girl's First Grow - Northern Lights - 2017

Looking fantastik, I would love to know what t5 system/bulbs you are using. I'm currently running a 4x2' t8 light which hold 4x32 watt lights. Now I must say, I have no nutrients, going to be ordered next week, my plants are 26 days old, with the one (Belle) boasting a great size! So I'm curious, what are your plans for this grow? I see where you are interested in doing some LST, when do you plan on topping/fimming? I'm quite new to this myself, so I'll be subbing because I'm very much interested in seeing where you take this fabulous grow! More power to ya!

-Ritz

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome Riley and Ritz! Thanks so much for accompanying me on this bizarre and exciting new adventure I've decided to take myself on! Glad I'm not doing this alone :thanks:

Looking fantastik, I would love to know what t5 system/bulbs you are using. I'm currently running a 4x2' t8 light which hold 4x32 watt lights. Now I must say, I have no nutrients, going to be ordered next week, my plants are 26 days old, with the one (Belle) boasting a great size! So I'm curious, what are your plans for this grow? I see where you are interested in doing some LST, when do you plan on topping/fimming? I'm quite new to this myself, so I'll be subbing because I'm very much interested in seeing where you take this fabulous grow! More power to ya!

Hey Ritz, that's great to hear your plants are doing well, especially since they have no nutrients! The T5 unit I have is the 4x2' MaxiBright Lightwave T5 which is 4x24w. I'm gonna be doing LST mainly because my tent is wider than it is tall so I need my girls to also be flat and wide, and if I get more bud that way then all the better :) I hadn't planned on doing any topping/FIMing necessarily, but my plans certainly aren't set in stone! I've read mixed opinions about topping autos as well due to the fact that they have less veg time than photos and therefore may not have as much time to recover before they go into flower. Feel free to post some pics of yours, it would be great to see them!

I really love that point when they start to explode with growth. It makes me feel like the roots now have a firm grasp, and are ready to kick it into high gear. Looks great 420Girl. Keep it up.

Totally! I'm especially happy mine are growing well because they had such a rough start and even until as recently as a few days ago their growth was incredibly slow. Onwards and upwards :)

:Namaste:

Welcome Riley and Ritz! Thanks so much for accompanying me on this bizarre and exciting new adventure I've decided to take myself on! Glad I'm not doing this alone :thanks:

Hey Ritz, that's great to hear your plants are doing well, especially since they have no nutrients! The T5 unit I have is the 4x2' MaxiBright Lightwave T5 which is 4x24w. I'm gonna be doing LST mainly because my tent is wider than it is tall so I need my girls to also be flat and wide, and if I get more bud that way then all the better :) I hadn't planned on doing any topping/FIMing necessarily, but my plans certainly aren't set in stone! I've read mixed opinions about topping autos as well due to the fact that they have less veg time than photos and therefore may not have as much time to recover before they go into flower. Feel free to post some pics of yours, it would be great to see them!

Totally! I'm especially happy mine are growing well because they had such a rough start and even until as recently as a few days ago their growth was incredibly slow. Onwards and upwards :)

:Namaste:

I'm quite giddy to introduce you to my Girls! ( hopefully anyways ) I would also like to state that I very much appreciate you allowing my photos on your thread :)

Here is my problem child, Angela:
420-magazine-mobile1966241190.jpg

My little surprise child Didi( who is 8 days younger than the other two )
420-magazine-mobile954931273.jpg

Then there's my beautiful Belle( she makes my heart stop when I catch a glimpse of her :)
420-magazine-mobile442102771.jpg
420-magazine-mobile904639902.jpg

I couldn't believe my own eyes when I saw my first set of 5, and the names were slightly creative, although I approached with the simple a-z method. Also being that they are just bag seed, wouldn't feel right if I didn't give them all a proper name. Now I don't know about everyone else, but I'm a fanatic, I talk to my plants. It only felt proper to give them names.

But believe it or not, I thought my Cynthia ( who has sadly crumbled away )
Was going to blow the other plants out of the waters. I actually expected to Angela and Belle to be the least likely to thrive based on there early conditions and germination rates. Both have genuinely surprised me, for that alone I am extremely proud of my babies. Jesus just listen to me go.

I'm crazy about seeing some LST on your plants! They look stupendous! ( getting hungry over here... ) Do you think LST is a possibility coming up soon, very interested in seeing how you utilize it with your plants.

Coming out party, haha! :laughtwo:

Hell yes I talk to my plants. I bet most people do to be honest hehe :winkyface: Naming them is good, but in a way makes it all the more tragic when they die lol!!

I'm going to wait till they're quite a bit bigger before I start LST I think. I need the stems of the leaves to start growing outwards a bit too as it's mostly just upward growth at the moment, and the leaf stems are very stubby so no room for movement. I wonder if the photos make my plants look bigger than they actually are... I might post my next pics with a ruler next to them so you can see :)

You guyyyyyyyyys... are these what I think they are!??!?! I think so!!

P1080446.JPG
P10804421.JPG
P10804321.JPG

WOW. I was not expecting this so early! The thing is, it's only in the last week (literally) that my plants have had the majority of their veg growth, because the first 3 weeks they barely grew at all. So, at about 33 days old they're still pretty small with my biggest plant (the one in the pics) at not even 4" tall, I haven't even done any LST yet and they're flowering already! I guess I'm not gonna get much bud from this. I'll have to do some emergency LST now!

That's the thing with autos I suppose, I have no control over how much veg growth they get before they start flowering.

Back
Top Bottom