4th Outdoor Grow In Eastern Canada

June 6 and all PE and Strawberry Banana seeds are showing tails and by the looks of things some will have to go into the first pots with the domes this evening, now the fun begins all over. God I am a sucker for punishment and good weed. :peace:

A bit late to this party, but looking forward to following along! Fellow Canadian here - Southern Ontario. I'm still pretty new to growing, but my first indoor grow will be wrapping up in the next several weeks. I have these girls queued up to go into the ground in the next few days. They are "fast" genetics, given our short growing season. Good luck with your grow!

Glad you stopped by Bard, you got some nice looking plants there. I have a question for ya regarding the fast genetics. When I ordered my pineapple express I was stoned and ordered pineapple express #2 and they were the fast genetics as well. They could not even handle 1/4 feeding of nutes without burning the leaves badly, have you ever encountered this. I culled 2 gave 2 away and I ordered the correct ones and they went in the dirt this evening along with 2 strawberry banana to make a few batches of RSO, cheers Bard.

Glad you stopped by Bard, you got some nice looking plants there. I have a question for ya regarding the fast genetics. When I ordered my pineapple express I was stoned and ordered pineapple express #2 and they were the fast genetics as well. They could not even handle 1/4 feeding of nutes without burning the leaves badly, have you ever encountered this. I culled 2 gave 2 away and I ordered the correct ones and they went in the dirt this evening along with 2 strawberry banana to make a few batches of RSO, cheers Bard.

Thanks... I am happy with these girls so far.

In answer to your question... I tend to feed very lightly, and completely ignore the directions on the bottles. I like to use EC or PPM instead. So these gals got lots and lots of Cal/Mag (since they are in coco, and were under LEDs until yesterday), and NPK at a ratio of 2-1-1. EC was 0.4 of cal/mag, plus 0.3 of nutes, for a total of 0.7. I didn't get any nute burn, but I did almost drown them in the plastic pots they had been in, around week 2. Moved them to fabric pots, and they recovered quick!

Somewhat related, for my first grow (before these current outdoor girls), I had 3 photo-period plants, plus 1 auto-flower. The auto burned so easily! I mention it, because I understand that "fast" plants are kind of like "diluted" autos. They have just a touch of ruderalis genes. Not enough to make them autos, but enough to make them develop flowers fast. So maybe that is what caused your burning issue? A bit more ruderalis in the cultivar you were trying? I'm not sure, just a theory.

Anyhow, hope that your new seeds work great for you!

Hey Bard I believe you are on to something there I know anytime I did the outdoor autos you had to be careful until they were more mature, Thanks for the suggestion Bard have a great day, 4 above the dirt when I got home from the hospital.

Wow what a beauty of a day here in good old N.B. it is june 7th and all of the girls are above the dirt. I was hoping for 5 but ended up with 7 so I will have 14 to deal with. It will be a little rough but we will get her done. Hope to get some new pics soon, health still is not the greatest but I will do what I can, enjoy the day peeps and have a great weekend. :green_heart:

Wow what a day, June 13th the St Louis Blues have won the Stanley Cup. One blueberry was transplanted a few days ago today I gave all seven full nutes today, trimmed ;lower leaves off of the girls, tied them all down and got them all topped. Can't wait until tomorrow when the tips are all facing up. I promise pics either tomorrow or Saturday. Enjoy the evening peeps, Go Raptors!!

Finally got the pics up, The little ones are 8 days old and the outdoor ladies have been in the ground for a couple of weeks and we are getting some weather, cheers.
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0263.JPG
IMG_0262.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG

Nice! Unfortunately, not the greatest weather here in Southern Ontario recently. :(

...lookin' good Newb!... :thumb:...those outside girlz are taking off...we were very close to frost last night...veggie gardens are going nowhere fast!......that's why I do the shed thing...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
h00k good day to ya man, nights here are still quite cool, but take off is in the near future they will get fed tomorrow. Everything I am growing this year harvests early and will be in the future as well., Cheers bud.

Nice! Unfortunately, not the greatest weather here in Southern Ontario recently. :(
It will turn soon, winter cant last forever can it Bard? 25 here today then a few days of 26 so things are looking up.

It will turn soon, winter cant last forever can it Bard? 25 here today then a few days of 26 so things are looking up.

I like your optimism! Actually, winter was really mild here this year, compared to the past few. But spring has not been so great. Please, more sun soon.

June 17 and the Girls big and small are doing amazing. Just came back inside from feeding the outdoor ladies and looked in on the little girls and they are flourishing. Going to be 24 here today and the girls are loving it. The little girls will be transplanted on Friday or the weekend, Have a great day peeps.:ganjamon:

Well june is chugging along, It is June 20 and all of the girls were fed today. Still getting some burn on some outdoor ladies but I am confident it will stop and the burnt leaves will drop and all will be beautiful again. Not hard to tell I have already medicated…lol. The indoor transplant will be soon. Have a great day and if you are in the area, keep dry. :ganjamon:

It is June 24 sunny and breezy expecting highs of 24 wish summer would appear. All of the outdoor girls were fed their nutes. Broke a damn main branch right at the crotch of one of the blueberries, it wasn’t a complete break so I taped her up. This isn’t my first trip to the rodeo. Did some topping I had missed and did some LST work. The baby inside girls got transplanted and ¼ strength nutes late yesterday afternoon and seem to be thriving. Here are some pics taken today and they are 17 old. All are Pineapple Express except for one Strawberry Banana, cheers.
IMG_0267.JPG
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0272.JPG

Back
Top Bottom