600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Irie

Re: 420 Consumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Iri

great info astro!

+reps+

Re: 420 Consumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Iri

Hope all went well in the garden while you were away. :hmmmm: Can't wait to see the updates, Be IRIE! :eyebrowsmile:

hey astroastro, your info makes me wanna build my own leds.
:cool:

haha irie the so. cal. rat race is more like lemmings off a cliff
cant wait for the new pics. :tokin:

OK, I returned on Tuesday and have been a busy little bee. The plants overall looked good, the babysitter did a fine job with all the heat and issues that were thrown at him. I am going to be working on the tents tonight when I get a moment, so I will snap some pics, so we can see what is happening in there.. I have school, and another garden to do some work on then I will be back here working on my own garden. To many thing going on right now, I am trying to catch up on two weeks of lost time... Sorry for no pics, soon soon soon!!!!!!!;)

Just caught up with this and the info is great! Can't wait for moe pics:thumb:

Okey dokey, I am finally starting to get a little bit of free time.. I have been trying to get the garden back into shape.. The ladies were needing some serious attention. You name it and I have been fighting it.. All the venting was completed and the A/C units are set up and running smoothly. I am able to keep the area in the mid to high 70's most of the day and down into low 70's the rest of the time... Now time and effort is going to go into growing. Lot's of stuff going on in Colorado...
The LED's are about 16" off the canopy of the tallest plant. The HPS is about 12" off the canopy. The plants are looking a bit rough.. They all were fed and sprayed with mite rid. We will see if they come out of this last ordeal alright or not. I can't wait until WINTER gets here...
Satori- 43 days- yellow=HPS Green=LED plants
DSC023602.JPG

DSC023613.JPG

Third Dimension
DSC023621.JPG

DSC023632.JPG

Chernobyl
DSC023641.JPG

DSC023651.JPG

SnoCap
DSC023663.JPG

DSC023672.JPG

I will probably start doing some training on a few of the, most the LED plants will be supercropped at the least. A few of the HPS ladies will be trained too...

:tokin:

Awesome! Thanks for the update!:slide:

Looks like the HPS's are stretching way more than the LEDs....is it stretching, or have they grown more nodes than the LEDs??

Thanks for the update Be! I have my eyes on this thread as I am running the 600W unit as well.

-Go

hey irie
considering all they have been through your plants are looking good. dang those hps really bring out the stretchy genes.
Are they still in veg?
do you think they would be stretch like that with an MH light?
every time i see an led grow i wanna get one, even a little one for vegging.
I hear you on the wanting winter grow temps my grow has been like 88 to 93 for like two weeks now.
Wish i could afford an air conditioner and the electricity.
looking good and looking forward to flower :tokin:

Thanks you guys...
The heat may have made them stretch a bit more then usual. All of my snocaps have grown this way ( perfect for a SOG grow) no matter what I put them under. I had the mom and a bunch of her clones under a 1000 watt MH and they still stretched. The mom is around 6.5 feet tall ( Dohhhhhhhhh) and everything is still in veg. OK, gotta go put some of the ladies through a yoga class and see what happens..
I am thinking that once I get them healthy I will swap them over to flowering, here in the next few weeks... :peace:

OK, let me give you guys a quick update... I have been working on getting the ladies back to health and they are slowly getting there. Some are still scarred up from all the battles these last month. The weather is and should be cooling down here, fall is soon and then winter:slide: I can't wait for the snow to start flying!!. All of the plants were supercropped except for the LED 3rd Dimension (growing slower then the rest). I am thinking 2-3 more weeks of veg, then into flower they shall go (as long as everyone is healthy). They have been fed only organics since day 1......
Third Dimension-
picresized_th_1283316861_DSC02384.jpg

DSC023853.JPG

Satori-
picresized_th_1283317020_DSC02386.jpg

DSC023872.JPG

Chernobly-
picresized_th_1283317140_DSC02388.jpg

DSC023893.JPG

SnoCap-
picresized_th_1283317249_DSC02390.jpg

DSC023914.JPG

The LED Tent with some extra plants in there ( needed the room)
DSC024003.JPG

The HPS tent with friends (same excuse as above)
DSC02401.JPG

:peacetwo: to you all..

Hey IRie
the girls look good. Seems like all the new growth is really healthy. I can see the battle scars a bit here and there. Was it a nute issue or pests?
You may have mentioned it but were the snowcaps topped? Maybe its just the angle of the pics.
HPS and LED are vegging very different. Flowering will be interesting.
:tokin: and :popcorn:

Thanks Fal, they went through a little bit of everything.. Had bug,nute,heat, and PH issues.. When I got back from vaca I was able to start nursing them back to health. They are getting there slowly but surly.
The snowCap was supercropped (crimped) a few days ago. It is a funny angle, I had to look twice when I saw it... I will get better pics of the supercrops, round two of the SC will be soon as I am getting them ready to go into flowering...

that is amazing! I am debating still on weather or not to go the route of an 400 HPS or an 300W GLH light or Stealthgrow light. I hear too many different stories. I am hoping to find a nice LED for flowering, even though i heard they are popular for Vegging. not really for flowering. I got my ladies under a t5 for vegging. I may want to pick up this same LED for my flowering.

Great grow man! I am still new to this forum, but you guys and your grows is amazing

wow what a difference on hight between the two. crazy.. i wounder how much the led girls are going to stretch for u in flowering? Hope you get ur girls all back into tip top shape, i feel u bro i am dealing with the same shit, its a night mare trouble after trouble with my girls but i just keep trucking threw and learning and becoming a better grower. I WILL CONKER ANY THING THATS THROWN AT ME. and u will do the same.. all the new growth is looking good, and i am glad the heat will be going away for you soon, its be a bi*ch for me in this 100F+ weather..

Rock on Brother :blunt:

Going to grab a couple from each grow and switch them when you switch to flowering? Would give you four variations instead of two. I'd guess that the ones that vegetate under the LED and flower under the HPS would stretch more (possibly more than all three other sets?) but what that would do to yield and how all four variations would rank, I have no idea.

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be I

Well i guess it clearly shows the led is great if you have minimal space for veg growth.

I loved the friend excuse, gave me a good laugh... :laughtwo:

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be I

Quick update, before I head out for some fun in the sun...
TS- I have the original four that will be flowered under their perspective lights. I just have the other plants in under the lights for now because of space issues. The four plants always get the prime spots under the lights.
The HPS would double to triple the size of the LED plants if I didn't supercrop them. The heat the led kicks off still trips me out..
Did another round of supercropping, going to transplant them into 3-5 gallon pots (haven't decided which one yet) and start prepping for flowering. Some pics of the girlies...
SnoCap- Showing some of the supercropping
snocapbent1.jpg

snocapbent.jpg

the two snoCaps.. yellow-HPS Green-LED
LEDHPSsnocap.jpg

LEDHPSoverheadsnocap.jpg

Chernobyl's
LEDHPSChernobyl.jpg

DSC024241.JPG

Third Dimension
LEDHPSthirddimension.jpg

DSC024261.JPG

Satori
LEDHPSsatori.jpg

DSC024293.JPG

This is great stuff. Very interesting to see the HID plants so much taller. Its hard to tell, but do you think there is more bud sites as well? The shorter seem a little more dense as far as inter-nodal goes.

:nicethread::bravo:

wow irie
that super cropping is unreal lookin :cool:
if you were growing just with the led would you have felt that you needed to super crop?

Back
Top Bottom