Thanks you for stopping by @ReservoirDog

I have never grown Frisian Dew so I looked it up. Interesting strain; this will be my first DWC with White Widow in a 4x4 scrog net. I am going for the maximum yield which is 800 to 900 grams for one plant. I can normally pull 18 to 20 oz. for one DWC plant, now I want something more. :rofl:

@bluenoserjoe I am trying something a little different this time with progressive larger buckets during the grow. I am currently in a 1 gallon bucket and next week I will be using a two gallon bucket to get better roots established. This also eliminates a lot of wasted nutrients; 1/2 gallon for a 1 gallon bucket and 1 gallon for a two gallon bucket. I am trying to develop a larger root mass by finessing the roots as she grows. I will be changing her solution every 5 days to have fresh nutrients for the roots.

My WW is about two weeks old or so. We will be able to monitor our grows together and help each other if needed.
What kind of nutrient line will you be using?
I will be using @Prescription Blend nutrient line I won last year by the kindness of another. This is the first time I use this nutrient line and just hope I have enough for the whole grow.

From some of the research I have been doing on WW; the suggested minimum veg is 2 months. If I am going to have half a chance at making this yield I think I may need a 3 month veg. , but she will be cured and ready for 4/20.

Here are some current images of her and her roots. Like I said she will go into a larger bucket next feed.

That's all for this update.
Asking questions is encouraged.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..
Looking good Tok. :ciao:
Hope everything is going well today my friend. :passitleft:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Thanks for stopping by @Bill284
I hope all is well with you and yours.

I increased my bucket size to 2 gallon today with one gallon of @Prescription Blend nutrients with silica and cal-mag added. I am currently feeding on @Prescription Blend week 3/4 of veg, and I will stay at approximately 950 ppm's. The reason for the extra cal-mag is to supply additional nitrogen for this specific strain.
I also, changed out the LED to a old sponsored 240 watt for the rest of veg. I have changed my plans and will extend my veg period to increase and get maximum bud sites; also added of extra blue light for veg.

I will be topping and trimming some of the lower leaves off this week.

Vegetation/Root images progress.

Thanks all folk's,

Tok..

Thanks for stopping by @Bill284
I hope all is well with you and yours.

I increased my bucket size to 2 gallon today with one gallon of @Prescription Blend nutrients with silica and cal-mag added. I am currently feeding on @Prescription Blend week 3/4 of veg, and I will stay at approximately 950 ppm's. The reason for the extra cal-mag is to supply additional nitrogen for this specific strain.
I also, changed out the LED to a old sponsored 240 watt for the rest of veg. I have changed my plans and will extend my veg period to increase and get maximum bud sites; also added of extra blue light for veg.

I will be topping and trimming some of the lower leaves off this week.

Vegetation/Root images progress.

Thanks all folk's,

Tok..
We are good thanks Tok. :thanks:
Your plan sounds perfect love the light change.
I always ran a burple in my veg room.
Just a quick question about the Silicate. :Namaste:
Is it already in the RX.?
Or are you adding it?

Stay safe

Good question @Bill284

I just read the @Prescription Blend nutrient line on their website, and yes you are correct Bill. The Bio-Si does list potassium silicate; I did not catch that reading the pouch. Thanks.

This is this first time I used these nutrients, so there may a small learning curve.
I've been using them this last month or so.
Freeken brilliant.
My buds are incredible.
I'm so happy with Rx.
Unfortunately I'm almost out.
And can't get it on Canada yet.
Hopefully they work something out.
Because I would use them full time.
Terrific stuff.
I'd recommend it highly. :thumb:

Stay safe

Good question @Bill284

I just read the @Prescription Blend nutrient line on their website, and yes you are correct Bill. The Bio-Si does list potassium silicate; I did not catch that reading the pouch. Thanks.

This is this first time I used these nutrients, so there may a small learning curve.
I know it’s in there but it doesn’t hurt to add it anyway in lesser than usual amounts. That’s what I do.

hi there my good friend,
Yeah been abit busy and not had much time to catch up,,,, had all sorts of issues with this grow,,,,and its now at the stage where its unsalvageable now,,,,,,,so going to reset and erase this attempt sterilise everything and triple clean everything,,,,,and start again,,,,,,,but this time going back to basics and just concentrating on 1 plant at time,,,,tried to do way to much this time,,,and got in over my head and drowned lol,,,but its learnt me alot in a small amount of time,,,and yeah was trying to do to much,,,
So I will be looking to start a fresh over the wkend,,,,,going to try rapid rooters this time, and follow your way of doing things,,,and see how we go this time,,,,got some great white,,,cant get Hydroguard here, but southern ag garden friendly fungicide is supposed to be similar to it,,,,but cant find any growers using it,,,,,have you heard about this product,,,was thinking about trying it,,,,if i cant find any info or advice on this stuff,,,,,esp with the issues ive been having,,,,,but yeah thats summits Im looking into as a alternative for Hydroguard,,,,
So yeah hope alls well my friend,,,as its looking amazing,,so yeah going to run a Bruce Banner f3 again and hopefully all will be well this time with just the 1 plant this time,,,, I will let you know how it goes and update my journal so take care happy growing and all the best my friend

Thank you my friend. :ciao:
No wonder you took so long to start the journal, WOW :yahoo:
You put a lot of great work into documenting everything.
Appreciate it.:thanks:
I expect big things from those bean sprouts. :rofl:
I'm sure we will talk soon.
Take care.

Stay safe
your right there bill,,
awesome job detailing the grow,,,easy to follow and understand,,,Im going to be following along closely

Thank you for stopping by @spab1311

Tag me when you start and I will follow along closely.

I have not used it, but there are a few growers on here that use Great White; and from what I understand it works well.

I will do some research and get back to you. Found this for you to read also.

Hope this helps; I am going back and read it now.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

I found this on another site.

I have great news for you! There is an alternative product, and it's literally one MILLION times more concentrated than Hydroguard. It's called Southern AG Garden Friendly Fungicide (you can find it on Amazon), and an 8 fluid oz bottle runs 9 bucks. Now, it has 1 billion CFU's per mL, while Hydroguard has a miserly 1 thousand CFU's per mL, so it's one million times more concentrated. I used 1 part Fungicide and 19 parts RO water, and then use 1-3 mL per gallon, and I haven't had any problems with root rot or algae growth in my res. Hope this helps!

I found this on another site.

I have great news for you! There is an alternative product, and it's literally one MILLION times more concentrated than Hydroguard. It's called Southern AG Garden Friendly Fungicide (you can find it on Amazon), and an 8 fluid oz bottle runs 9 bucks. Now, it has 1 billion CFU's per mL, while Hydroguard has a miserly 1 thousand CFU's per mL, so it's one million times more concentrated. I used 1 part Fungicide and 19 parts RO water, and then use 1-3 mL per gallon, and I haven't had any problems with root rot or algae growth in my res. Hope this helps!
thats awesome thanks for that,,,theres so much stuff out there and always looking to save on costs,,,so will get myself some of that and will help cover most issues,,,,so would I use that alongside the great white??? using the GH M+B going off the Lucas formula keep it as easy as I can from now on,,,,I do have GH grow,,,/ and then I have GH Calmag so that my nutes that will be used with it,,,,,so going wipe the slate clean as this fungi disease or passed to on to them all and caused stem rot or crown rot,,,, got the roots in order looking fresh an white but wasnt taking up anything just cannabolising itself,,,,,so cutting it short,,,,,and resetting everything and going with 1x for now,,,,so will do some research an get a plan together to go with 1 and concentrate on getting this 1 sorted first before doing any thing else,,,,,,,
So will get some that Southern AG now for sure,,,,so Ive soaked another seed and gone down the paper towel baggie route again but using all new materials and no chance of any crosstamination,,(please forgive poor spelling an english grammer etc) then going to sterilize everything with bleach an soak for 24hrs then will rinse well and sterilize again with a light bleach, and rinse and go sterile with the H202 knowing alls sterile,,,ordering some more air stones an lines to,,,,and will follow similar to you have above,,,,,,,so thanks for all the help and assistance and your kindness its been great and learning alot,,,,but not going to try sprinting before crawling again pmsl,,,,so yeah once ive reset and cleaned down should be ready to go for wkend all being well and no issues lol,,so enjoy the wk and thanks my friend your advice is priceless happy growing and will tag when she ready to grow

Thank you for stopping by @spab1311

Tag me when you start and I will follow along closely.

I have not used it, but there are a few growers on here that use Great White; and from what I understand it works well.

I will do some research and get back to you. Found this for you to read also.

Hope this helps; I am going back and read it now.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
I use Great White. I don’t harp on it too much out of respect for DYNOMYCO, but I will say it absolutely rocks.

It's time for another image update.

I have been changing the solution on a 5 day cycle, to induce a better response in the veg cycle. She is growing at a good rate and has been topped at the sixth node, earlier this week. White Widow DWC with @Prescription Blend nutrients End of week 3 veg, I have also increase the bucket size to two gallon using just over a gallon of solution around 950 ppm's.

White Widow has two different phenotypes one is a Indica and the other is a sativa side, but I do understand that the Indica one is know to be larger and produce a higher yield. I have one growing in soil that is a sativa looking widow her structure is completely different. From plant size to inter node distance, it is interesting watching White Widow grow in soil and water and see the difference between sativa and Indica phenotypes. What do you think.

Medic Grow 10-14a.jpg

I am always on a lookout for one nutrient line, and I am finding out that @Prescription Blend is filling my needs. I like the response, I get using their line of nutrients. If all works out this may be the nutrients I use all the time in DWC; but I have other nutrients that I need to use up first before I can commit to one line.

The @MedicGrow fold-8 has proven to be very effective, giving the girls all the rays they need. For the price there are not to many LED lights can compare to it. I have my grow space in one of my downstairs bedroom with the widows blocked. I have been leaving the tent door open when the light are on so I can run the Fold-8 at 100% to increase bud development; and better at dissipating the heat.

That's all for now.

Tok..

Short update of the status of White Widow.

Well since @ViparSpectra has renew their sponsorship, I can tell you that I have been using the @ViparSpectra XS-2000 for my veg light on this grow. Everything is coming along as expected; she is developing very nicely. Still on week 4 of @Prescription Blend and will be for about another month of vegetation, before flowering.

I may end up taking some leaves off soon, if the branches don't start growing longer.

That's about it, until next time,
Tok..

@Jon I know what you mean; some growers can be judgmental on different nutrients lines.

I just know what works for me, with little if any issues at all. Still looking for my one steady go to nutrient line; I just started trying @Prescription Blend. I read and see good things about their nutrient line.

@spab1311 tag me when you are ready to start, we will get this sorted out.
PB is my only nute system now. It’s that good.

Back
Top Bottom