Short update of the status of White Widow.

Well since @ViparSpectra has renew their sponsorship, I can tell you that I have been using the @ViparSpectra XS-2000 for my veg light on this grow. Everything is coming along as expected; she is developing very nicely. Still on week 4 of @Prescription Blend and will be for about another month of vegetation, before flowering.

I may end up taking some leaves off soon, if the branches don't start growing longer.

That's about it, until next time,
Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..
She looks awesome! Mine started out bushy like that too. She’ll test your defoliation skills! Awesome rate of growth too. Sweet plant.

It's time for an update on the White Widow.

She is still on week 4 of @Prescription Blend nutrient line at 950 ppm's with 5.8 ph and solution temperature 78 digress or 20c.. I will be on this schedule for about another 3 to 4 weeks; before I flip to flower. I have already defoliated excessive leaves 3 time; so the branching system is coming along.

The root system is developing nicely and I had to up pot her to a 3 gallon bucket. If this sounds odd for hydro or DWC it is, but I find that I use a lot less nutrients this way. I normally start with a 1 gallon bucket and as the roots develop, I then move on to a two gallon bucket. Her current root system required me to move her to a 3 gallon bucket yesterday. The last bucket will be a 5 gallon bucket for the flowering stage. This not only saves me nutrients; but it also keep the air stones out of the root mass; for better air distribution.

She is still showing her Indica side, but I see the sativa side coming thought. The way things are going this may be one on the lowest scrog net I have worked with. I still have about another 3 to 4 weeks with my current flowering ladies; and the the White Widow will be inside a 4x4 tent by herself soaking up the rays from my @MedicGrow Fold-8 light.

As I was saying earlier the White Widow is a leafy ladies that requires the removal of a fair amount of leaves during vegetative stage. This is how the WW develops her branching system. Currently you are unable to see this branching system but when she goes under the net you will be able to then.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Time for current images.
If you see an ugly buckling in the room; you will be able to see her turn into a Swan.

That's all folks'.

Tok..

She is still on week 4 of @Prescription Blend nutrient line at 950 ppm's with 5.8 ph and solution temperature 78 digress or 20c.. I will be on this schedule for about another 3 to 4 weeks; before I flip to flower. I have already defoliated excessive leaves 3 time; so the branching system is coming along.

The root system is developing nicely and I had to up pot her to a 3 gallon bucket. If this sounds odd for hydro or DWC it is, but I find that I use a lot less nutrients this way. I normally start with a 1 gallon bucket and as the roots develop, I then move on to a two gallon bucket. Her current root system required me to move her to a 3 gallon bucket yesterday. The last bucket will be a 5 gallon bucket for the flowering stage. This not only saves me nutrients; but it also keep the air stones out of the root mass; for better air distribution.

She is still showing her Indica side, but I see the sativa side coming thought. The way things are going this may be one on the lowest scrog net I have worked with. I still have about another 3 to 4 weeks with my current flowering ladies; and the the White Widow will be inside a 4x4 tent by herself soaking up the rays from my @MedicGrow Fold-8 light.

As I was saying earlier the White Widow is a leafy ladies that requires the removal of a fair amount of leaves during vegetative stage. This is how the WW develops her branching system. Currently you are unable to see this branching system but when she goes under the net you will be able to then.

Time for current images.
If you see an ugly buckling in the room; you will be able to see her turn into a Swan.

That's all folks'.

Tok..
awesome job my friend great looking plants,,,,and mine going well this time followed abit of yours an about of @LKABudMan and yeah seems to be working so far,,,(I will get there in end) so all the best and enjoy the wkend

Time for current images.

That's all folks'.

Tok..
Wow. She’s so bushy and tight! This will be a bit of a challenging scrog eh? I see why it will be so low. And excellent info on up potting the res bucket. That’s brilliant. PB nutes ain’t cheap.

How are you liking the nutes so far? She sure seems to be enjoying them!

Thanks for stopping by @spab1311 and @Jon

If she doesn't start stretching soon; I may have to start another one.
Which isn't a bad idea.
Could you intentionally give her not enough light? I have stretched plants that way before. Depends on what else is in the space, lol.

I hope all has been well with you @Jon

Thanks for the suggestion of lowering the light intensity, to ignitionate stretch.

I currently reduced her light source to 50% to see if this will promote some stretch. I am limited on what I can do in my veg tent, but will get the stretch in need by time she in flower. It's all a game we play to get our ladies ready for the show.
The @Prescription Blend have been doing a outstanding job so far. I may end up buying some more and run these nutrients for a while. There's always a balance between performance and price, and I try to maximise nutrients with as little as possible; hence the reason for progression of the buckets and root growth.

This is the first grow that I have actually used the different bucket sizes, but I have want to try this for some time. To tell you the true; I am liking the fact that I use so little nutrients for seedlings and early veg. I am currently up to a 3 gallon bucket and the roots are filling the bucket fast. About another week and she will be in a 5 gallon bucket with a chilling probe; incase I need to reduce the bucket solution temperature during flower.

This is definitely the way to go if you want to maximise your nutrients, and not throw away your money.

Time for an image update.

I forgot to add the root images as I transition to larger buckets. She will move to her next bucket in a week or two, and I will take another image. That will be a 5 gallon bucket with a chilling probe install in it. The reason for the chilling probe is so I have better control over my solution temperature.

That's all for now.

Okay, let me see if I can not screw this up.

I personally have not had the opportunity to try @Herbies Seeds , and if I had the chance the Runtz Punch by Herbies Seeds would be a great introduction. I hear and see many good grow journal's highlighting you seeds and I have been kind of jealous watching others show off you genetics.

The reason I have not tried @Herbies Seeds is because my wife would kill me :rofl: , because I have so many strains already.

:goodluck: luck to all and congratulations to the winners.

Tok..

edit:Contest By Herbies Seeds!

Ahoy There,
I spied you mentioning a chilling probe was ready for duty if needed.
Can you expand on what is a chilling probe, and are they expensive?
Looking great in here. 👩‍🌾

I hope all has been well with you @Jon

Thanks for the suggestion of lowering the light intensity, to ignitionate stretch.

I currently reduced her light source to 50% to see if this will promote some stretch. I am limited on what I can do in my veg tent, but will get the stretch in need by time she in flower. It's all a game we play to get our ladies ready for the show.
The @Prescription Blend have been doing a outstanding job so far. I may end up buying some more and run these nutrients for a while. There's always a balance between performance and price, and I try to maximise nutrients with as little as possible; hence the reason for progression of the buckets and root growth.

This is the first grow that I have actually used the different bucket sizes, but I have want to try this for some time. To tell you the true; I am liking the fact that I use so little nutrients for seedlings and early veg. I am currently up to a 3 gallon bucket and the roots are filling the bucket fast. About another week and she will be in a 5 gallon bucket with a chilling probe; incase I need to reduce the bucket solution temperature during flower.

This is definitely the way to go if you want to maximise your nutrients, and not throw away your money.

Time for an image update.

Shes stretching out a bit. Looking great. I’m taking a page from your playbook. PB nutes get expensive fast. I’m gonna up res. Lol.

I forgot to add the root images as I transition to larger buckets. She will move to her next bucket in a week or two, and I will take another image. That will be a 5 gallon bucket with a chilling probe install in it. The reason for the chilling probe is so I have better control over my solution temperature.

That's all for now.
Look at all those roots already! What’s your target temperature?

Thank you for stopping by @Maritimer and @Jon

Maritimer, here is a link to the last time I used it. It works excellent to get the water temperature to drop 7 to 9 degrees below ambient room temperature. I just transferred my White Widow into the bucket with the probe.

Jon, I am surprised on how little nutrients I use, doing 1, 2, 3, 5 gallons bucket progressively. It also give you a better idea on root health also.

I will be doing an update a little later today, right now I need to finish up in the grow room.

Tok..

Maritimer, it start at the end of page 13.

Jon, I am surprised on how little nutrients I use, doing 1, 2, 3, 5 gallons bucket progressively. It also give you a better idea on root health also.
Tok..
Simply Brilliant. :love:
I am happy as a pig in mud since I stopped over your place.
I was aghast at how wasteful a 5-gal bucket is with young plants.
I will be starting to collect the smaller buckets I hope to incorporate.

Awesome how smart some folks R.

you're doing an awesome job with that pb. those roots are perfect.

you might want to go with a little darker bucket. i'm more than impressed with how good they developed in those buckets. i've had similar orange ones previous and wound up painting or taping over them.

Thanks for stopping by @Maritimer and @bluter

I have not got around to darkening up all the buckets, so far I have not had any real issues from light penetration.
Maybe I shouldn't press my luck.

So here is what I have been up to on the grow.

I lower the light intensity to promote a little additional stretch and forgot I had lower it for a few days. No harm, just slower growth.

Today, I gave a good flush with 250 ppm's of cal-mag and three gallons of RO water for 4 hours. This is the first flush I did so far with this grow. I will probably flush her 3 more times before this grow is over. I also transfer to the 5 gallon bucket with the chiller. My flower tent should be empty in the nest 7 to 10 days and after a good tent cleaning the fun will begin.

Here's some current images.

That's all for now.

Tok..

"A picture is worth a thousand words"
Good Man, you have gone over a thousand words of insight alone.
Thanks, Tok.. for sharing these pictures with us. :love:
Answered a bunch of questions I had. 👩‍🌾

Thanks for stopping by @Maritimer and @bluter

I have not got around to darkening up all the buckets, so far I have not had any real issues from light penetration.
Maybe I shouldn't press my luck.

So here is what I have been up to on the grow.

I lower the light intensity to promote a little additional stretch and forgot I had lower it for a few days. No harm, just slower growth.

Today, I gave a good flush with 250 ppm's of cal-mag and three gallons of RO water for 4 hours. This is the first flush I did so far with this grow. I will probably flush her 3 more times before this grow is over. I also transfer to the 5 gallon bucket with the chiller. My flower tent should be empty in the nest 7 to 10 days and after a good tent cleaning the fun will begin.

Here's some current images.

That's all for now.

Tok..
Looks great Tok , just one thing. :rolleyes:
The electrical sitting on the cloth foot stool or whatever that is.:Namaste:
Makes me a little nervous, anything fireproof you could slide under?
Hope you have a great day my friend. :high-five:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Thanks for stopping by @Maritimer and @Bill284

I understand what your saying Bill, and this little lady will be going into the big tent in the next couple days.
This was only meant to be a temporarily grow area.
I know my friend, those are the most dangerous though.
We cut corners temporarily for the girls sake.
Forgoing given safety standards you adhere too rigorously in any other circumstance. :Namaste:
Just please be safe is all I ask. ;)
Want you around a long time.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom