Nice looking plant - compact and full of foliage. Some of that is genetics but the XS line of lights has a lot of blue in it. You've used another light source that's heavy blue - what light was that?

For my current grow, used a Vipar xs-1500 + a RapidLED Royal Blue puck and, similar to your plant, the plants were short and very full of foliage. That's a good sign - > leaves > photosynthesis > leaves > weed.

Re. getting your plants to grow taller - why not just reduce the amount of blue light?

1668538316519.jpeg

It's that time again.

The White Widow is coming along nicely and patiently waiting for the flower tent. I started getting ready to figure out the height of my net. Where you see the lst clips is where I will be placing the net. The height of this lady is lower than I normally do; so I will be raising her a few inches higher to meet the net. I was going to make a new net for height, but I think I can make this work well. My @ViparSpectra XS-2000 is starting to make her shine

I just placed the Bruce Banger and the White Widow (in soil) on 48 hours of darkness, to ripening up the trichomes. I am hoping to have the flower tent empty and clean by Sunday for the next candidate.

Here is some current images.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Happy Thanksgiving, 420 Magazine.

It's that time again.

The White Widow is coming along nicely and patiently waiting for the flower tent. I started getting ready to figure out the height of my net. Where you see the lst clips is where I will be placing the net. The height of this lady is lower than I normally do; so I will be raising her a few inches higher to meet the net. I was going to make a new net for height, but I think I can make this work well. My @ViparSpectra XS-2000 is starting to make her shine

I just placed the Bruce Banger and the White Widow (in soil) on 48 hours of darkness, to ripening up the trichomes. I am hoping to have the flower tent empty and clean by Sunday for the next candidate.

Here is some current images.

Tok..

Happy Thanksgiving, 420 Magazine.
@Tokin Roll The White Widow is looking good. Nice training.

Caught up on your journal now too!
I've only grown dwc twice but I was super inexperienced both times. So it's always been something I considered going back too.
Ill be keeping a close eye on this journal.
That chiller you have in the bucket?! what is that?!
I wouldn't even be able to consider dwc without one! that has been the only thing keeping me from starting a bucket like that.
Also that smaller bucket technique is something I never considered but it would make life so much easier even to do a quicker shorter run with a smaller plant. Ive got alot to think about now after seeing what you got going on.

@ViparSpectra just wanted to let you know the XS-2000 has been doing a superbly vegging out my White Widow.

@lootznbootz welcome aboard, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask. I enjoy help growers learn how to do a DWC setup.

The chillier is great at controlling the water temperature at 6 to 8 degrees below ambient temperature. This is my second run using the chiller and I find it to be very effective at what it does.
Here is the link from the first time I used it.

It starts at the end of page 13 or the beginning of the 14th. I paid 100.00 a couple years ago; I think it is up to around 130.00 or so now. It definitely helps a lot when you don't have or can't afford a 400 -500.00 circulated water chiller.

When you decided to start tag me and I will follow along if you run into any problems or concerns.

Tok.. :bong:

How has it been going for you and yours @StoneOtter?
I hope you had an enjoyable holiday feast.

Time for another update on the DWC White Widow.

She is still building the branching system I need, but I really need to get her in the flowering tent and mash her down. The White Widow I have in soil will be harvested tomorrow. If the Bruce Banger isn't ready, she will be moving to the veg tent to finish out flower.

I normally don't give a lot of detail; hoping to spark a conversation when I post; but to no avail.
Here my number since last change.

Solution changed 11-22 added an additional 15 ml of cal-mag.
Still on week 4 of veg on the @Prescription Blend nutrient chart, will be switching to week 5 on my next solution change.

11-22 Start 1150 ppm's using @Prescription Blend nutrients at 5.9 ph and the solution temperature of 67 degrees.
11-23 Start 1090 ppm's, ph of 5.7 solution 68 degrees.
11-24 Start 1000 ppm's ph adj. to 5.8, solution 68. degrees.
11-25 Start 840 ppm's ph adj. to 5.8, solution 66 degrees
11-26 Start 680 ppm's ph adj. to 5.8, solution temp is 68 degrees.

The chiller has been very stable at or close to 68 degrees.

So that was this week's readings; solution change on Monday; but if the ppm's keep dropping at this rate, I may need to change her tomorrow. She is currently under a @ViparSpectra XS-2000 for veg.

Time to bring you up to date on images.

That's all folk's.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

How has it been going for you and yours @StoneOtter?
I hope you had an enjoyable holiday feast.

Time for another update on the DWC White Widow.

She is still building the branching system I need, but I really need to get her in the flowering tent and mash her down. The White Widow I have in soil will be harvested tomorrow. If the Bruce Banger isn't ready, she will be moving to the veg tent to finish out flower.

I normally don't give a lor of detail; hoping to spark a conversation when I post; but to no avail.
Here my number since last change.

Solution changed 11-22 added an additional 15 ml of cal-mag.

11-22 Start 1150 ppm's using @Prescription Blend nutrients at 5.9 ph and the solution temperature of 67 degrees.
11-23 Start 1090 ppm's, ph of 5.7 solution 68 degrees.
11-24 Start 1000 ppm's ph adj. to 5.8, solution 68. degrees.
11-25 Start 840 ppm's ph adj. to 5.8, solution 66 degrees
11-26 Start 680 ppm's ph adj. to 5.8, solution temp is 68 degrees.

The chiller has been very stable at or close to 68 degrees.

So that was this week's readings; solution change on Monday; but if the ppm's keep dropping at this rate, I may need to change her tomorrow. She is currently under a @ViparSpectra XS-2000 for veg.

Time to bring you up to date on images.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
looking great my friend

Thanks for stopping by @spab1311

I will be putting her under the net within the next ten days.
That's when the party starts.
She's looking very good! Loving what you got going on. I've been looking at that DWC side so much lately 😅
This doesn't help any!

I know you have the one probe in the bucket, but have you considered just hooking up an aquarium chiller to circulate and cool the water?
I saw on the tube someone set a cheap one from the marketplace in a recirculating system and it kept temps at 67 consistently.
where I live it gets super-hot and dry so I can't consider hydro without tackling that issue before I even buy a bucket

Thank You for stopping by @lootznbootz

I through about aquarium chiller, but when with the ice probe instead.

If it's hot where you are at, chilling the solution can be a problem with DWC.
Yea I tend to over size all my equipment, so I have the option of expanding later. That's why the idea of the chiller intrigued me

Also, another hobby of mine is Saltwater Aquariums and when I looked up chillers my first thought was an aquarium chiller isn't even half this price!

was curious how the hell you simply showed up and started throwing decent advice everywhere lol

was curious how the hell you simply showed up and started throwing decent advice everywhere lol
LMAO I was on these forums a while ago when I grew before. So, I'm not completely new to the whole thing 😅
I'm super geeked to be back active again so if you see me everywhere that's why.
Just happy that the info I gained on this site years ago can help growers now or at least keep ideas flowing if nothing else.
THANK YOU

LMAO I was on these forums a while ago when I grew before. So, I'm not completely new to the whole thing
I'm super geeked to be back active again so if you see me everywhere that's why.
Just happy that the info I gained on this site years ago can help growers now or at least keep ideas flowing if nothing else.
THANK YOU

it's great to have you back. it's obvious you know the stuff.

Today, I moved my Bruce Banger to my veg tent to finish out. She has about 7 to 10 days to finish.

I have been cleaning up and resetting the flower tent to get ready for a large scrog net. Here are some images I have so far. My son will be over to watch the game tonight, so I will have some better images of the actual net placement.

In case you are wondering the height adjusting bar is removed when the net is placed over the plant.

More to come a little later.

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom