Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

Re: Aberration Goes ker Bloom! - 2009

Hey Papa. :bong:

---

Gotta love Blue Dream. Holy crap she grows some beautiful plant.

20100416Aber-01.jpg

:peace:

"I think wants myself some of that Blue Dream! You don't want none of this Dewey!"

Great work!! I must say due to your epically detailed feeding charts, I recommended a fellow member ask you about feeding with molasses, hope you don't mind ;)

That totally sucks about the meter. I have almost done that too many times - so I went back to the little rubber cap instead of the storage thing. You can also just store it in the plastic bottle the calibration fluid comes in - but the stuff evaporates too quickly for me.

I am not sure, however, that you want to use distilled water for anything involving the probes. Rinsing it might be ok, but I know you're not supposed to store it in distilled water. It doesn't have enough ec and will cause the probe to malfunction.

For me - the water coming out of the tap is a perfect 7.0 and only 50ppm so I can't complain, and I use that. Works fine - the meter drifts up by about .2 ppm every month according to calibration fluid.

Happy 420!

:rollit:

Maybe with the abundance of organic nutes you use, over time and the plant uptakes those nutrients, it raises the pH of the actual soil.

Here is a little article about soil pH.

SL 256/SS480: Soil pH and the Home Landscape or Garden

Basically, from what I have read (and I could be wrong, I am high and my comprehension isn't the greatest ;) ) the more nutrients you use, the plant will uptake them and the pH naturally rises with it.

It also says in that article that once the pH in soil is high, its very hard to bring it down, as opposed to when its low, its easier to bring it up!

Can't wait to see CryLo... and PS!

Have a good one!! :cheers:

That makes sense. The question is, to what degree should I fight it? I like the results I get from the nute regiment I use.

I am also excited about CryLo.1A. She is stretching some and is starting to sprout flowers all over. I need to post a picture. She still has such small delicate leaves too. PS.1E is looking quite beautiful as well.

I know I've been failing to post pictures lately. I am so busy it's all I can do to keep up with the garden. My other project is in crunch mode at the moment though and will probably be so for a few more weeks. After that I hope to have more time and be able to return to a more picturesque posting style.

"I think wants myself some of that Blue Dream! You don't want none of this Dewey!"

Great work!! I must say due to your epically detailed feeding charts, I recommended a fellow member ask you about feeding with molasses, hope you don't mind ;)

Thank you. Yes, that member did contact me. I'll summarize my answer here:

My research says that molasses (unsulfured, preferably blackstrap) acts as a chelating agent, provides some nutrients (particularly the micronutrients), contributes carbon, and delivers sugars that support the microbes in your soil/medium. It's good stuff and is appropriate any time, but especially in bloom.

That totally sucks about the meter. I have almost done that too many times - so I went back to the little rubber cap instead of the storage thing. You can also just store it in the plastic bottle the calibration fluid comes in - but the stuff evaporates too quickly for me.

I am not sure, however, that you want to use distilled water for anything involving the probes. Rinsing it might be ok, but I know you're not supposed to store it in distilled water. It doesn't have enough ec and will cause the probe to malfunction.

For me - the water coming out of the tap is a perfect 7.0 and only 50ppm so I can't complain, and I use that. Works fine - the meter drifts up by about .2 ppm every month according to calibration fluid.

Happy 420!

:rollit:

I hadn't heard that. I guess it would be easier and cheaper to rinse in tap water anyway. I'll read up on that. As for storage, the meter's instructions say to store the tip submerged in 7.0 storage solution. So I put enough solution in the cap and close it, storing the meter upright.

[happy 420 picture snipped]
:yummy:HAppY 420:yummy:

:cheesygrinsmiley: Happy belated 420 guys.

Thanks! I hope to find a local source, but that's a great online find. I appreciate the link.

---

So last night I found the bloom room temp at 53 F! The AC was stuck ON. The stupid high amp relay I just replaced at the end of January was burned and had arc-tacked itself in the ON state. I'm not going to post new pictures. The burning looked like the burning in this pic I took of the last one in January:

(click to enlarge)

Only this time, the relay I used was of better quality (I thought). Here are the specs from the 'new' relay:

20100207Aber-03-relays.jpg

So now I'm looking around to find a better solution. These relays need to last longer than this. The one that just burned only lasted about 75 days! I know there are solutions that avoid this problem. I just need to source something better for a decent price. At the moment I'm looking into mercury relays, but if anyone has any ideas on this I would be grateful.

G13xGB.1A is in flush now. And KK2 got her last as I intend to cut her tomorrow night.

Code:
--> PS.1E, KK2.1B, BD.1J, CryLo.1A - Bloom:

1. Pre-flushed: 0.5 gal. each 			(2 gal)
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.07 @ 20.9 C
	1/2 T  unsulfured molasses

2. Fed PS.1E ('Hope'): 1 gal.			(1 gal)
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	1/2 t  TM-7
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	 1  t  Carbon sweet
	 3  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozyme
   Natural @ 1230 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.07 @ 21.2 C
	1/2 t  Companion

3. Fed KK2.1B ('Faith'): 1.5 gal.		(2 gal)
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	1/2 t  TM-7
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	3/4 t  Carbon sweet
	 2  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozyme
   Natural @ 1200 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.01 @ 21.2 C
	1/2 t  Companion

4. Fed BD.1J ('Betty Jane'): 1.5 gal.		(3 gal)
   Fed CryLo.1A ('Krystal'): 1 gal.
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	1/2 t  TM-7
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozyme
   Natural @ 1210 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.05 @ 21.2 C
	1/2 t  Companion

--> KK2 ('Kiki'), G13xGB.1A ('Charity') - Bloom, flushing:

1. Flush with water: KK2	- 2 gal-@21.3 C	(5 gal)
                     G13xGB.1A	- 3 gal-@20.8 C
   Per gal:	
	 2  T Clearex
   pH adjusted to 6.11 

--> Veg 1:

Large veg (11):

PS.1A,
   MT2,
   L1, L2, L3

KK2.1TT,   
   G13xGB.1DD, G13xGB.1EE, G13xGB.1KK,
   L4, L5

1. Fed 0.5 gal. each 				(6 gal)
   Per gal:	
	 1  T  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz Yucca
   Natural @ 945 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.10 @ 21.4 C 
	1/2 t  Companion

--> Veg 2:

Small veg (22):

PS.2A, PS.2B, PS.2C, PS.2D
   MT1.1A, MT1.1B
   MT2.1A, MT2.1B
   BD.2A, BD.2B, BD.2C, BD.2D
   CryLo.2A, CryLo.2B, CryLo.2C
   KK2.2A, KK2.2B
   G13xGB.2A, G13xGB.2B,
   G13xGB.2C, G13xGB.2D,
   G13xGB.2E

1. Fed to saturation				(2 gal)
   Per gal:	
	 1  t  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz Yucca
   Natural @ 580 ppm
   pH natural @ 6.14 @ 21.4 C
	1/2 t  Companion

Code:
Runoff pH:

Plant		 pH
---------------------
KK2		6.65
G13xGB.1A	6.82
PS.1E		6.93
KK2.1B		6.71
BD.1J		6.71
CryLo.1A	6.90

Ab not sure if this helps but I've seen stuff like this before. If I remeber correctly to prevent this from happening again (fusing circuits) make sure all components are rated for the loadyou have going throught the circuit. I belive they should be rated for contious load for thing constantly on and inductive for the things that spike as the switch on and off via timer. I could be wrong but I believe I am pointing u in the right direction in response to ur electrical problems. Being that u constructed ur own room U probably already know. Am I on or off with this one?

Recheck your numbers for the AC and that relay. That one is only rated at 15A 110v Tungsten. I don't know how big your A/C is, but my split wants a 30A to itself. My portable only wants 9. But when that compressor kicks on I'm sure it spikes.

On a side note, I demand that everyone who looks at this add 5 stars to this journal - I don't know who screwed up the ratings, but this is a 5 star if ever there was one.

:nicethread::bravo::nicethread::bravo:

That should fix it....:grinjoint: My vote switched it for now....I don't post much here bro but I always read what you got going on. It all fascinates me, your journal, all the cool gadgets like the relay...keep up the great work documenting your grow.

:peace: brother. +rep if I can...yeah no way this is a four star journal...five star all the way.

Ab not sure if this helps but I've seen stuff like this before. If I remeber correctly to prevent this from happening again (fusing circuits) make sure all components are rated for the loadyou have going throught the circuit. I belive they should be rated for contious load for thing constantly on and inductive for the things that spike as the switch on and off via timer. I could be wrong but I believe I am pointing u in the right direction in response to ur electrical problems. Being that u constructed ur own room U probably already know. Am I on or off with this one?

Recheck your numbers for the AC and that relay. That one is only rated at 15A 110v Tungsten. I don't know how big your A/C is, but my split wants a 30A to itself. My portable only wants 9. But when that compressor kicks on I'm sure it spikes.

Yeah, I'm a little frustrated, because I know there are relays out there that can take this. Maybe I need to open up the AC unit itself and see what it uses to switch itself when running on its internal thermostat. Thanks for the info guys - it's getting me closer.

On a side note, I demand that everyone who looks at this add 5 stars to this journal - I don't know who screwed up the ratings, but this is a 5 star if ever there was one.

:nicethread::bravo::nicethread::bravo:

That should fix it....:grinjoint: My vote switched it for now....I don't post much here bro but I always read what you got going on. It all fascinates me, your journal, all the cool gadgets like the relay...keep up the great work documenting your grow.

:peace: brother. +rep if I can...yeah no way this is a four star journal...five star all the way.

Thanks you two. I appreciate the vote of confidence. I better get some pictures posted and start living up to your expectations. ;)

---

This evening I cut down KK2. I got what looks like maybe 4 or 6 oz when it dries. Then there's probably 8 oz of popcorn crap. KK can get away from me fast. It goes all nuts under the canopy, with a lot of little buds on little stems that aren't worth trimming.

I also got rid of 11 veg plants: At about 30 inches tall each, PS.1A and MT2. And at about 8" tall each, PS.2C, PS.2D, G13xGB.2A, G13xGB.2E, BD.2C, BD.2D, CryLo.2B, MT2.1B, and MT1.1B.

The Lavenders are looking right on target to go in soon. I was supposed to get a bloom-ready G13xGB tonight but it didn't happen. I should get it soon. Meanwhile, there are only 5 in bloom, and nobody I want to put in there now to make 6. :sigh:

PS.1E reached H-17, so another week of feeding with less Calcium Syrup and no Feather Tea at all, and then she gets 10 days of flush.

In 7 days I take down G13xGB.1A, the 8 days later PS.1E. After I harvest her, there is a 2 week gap and then KK2.1B on 5/20 and BD.1J on the 29th. Or so. Busy, busy.

Code:
--> PS.1E, KK2.1B, BD.1J, CryLo.1A - Bloom:

1. Pre-flushed: 0.5 gal. each 				(2 gal)
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.08 @ 22.1 C
	1/2 T  unsulfured molasses

2. Fed PS.1E ('Hope', 48/63 days): 1 gal.		(1 gal)
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
        1/2 T  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 1  t  Carbon sweet
	 3  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozyme
   Natural @ 1210 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.01 @ 21.5 C
	1/2 t  Companion

3. Fed KK2.1B ('Faith', 48/75 days): 1.5 gal.		(2 gal)
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	1/2 t  TM-7
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	3/4 t  Carbon sweet
	 2  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozyme
   Natural @ 1260 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.02 @ 21.6 C
	1/2 t  Companion

4. Fed BD.1J ('Betty Jane', 34/70 days): 1.5 gal.	(3 gal)
   Fed CryLo.1A ('Krystal', 19/?? days): 1 gal.
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	1/2 t  TM-7
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozyme
   Natural @ 1240 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.03 @ 21.6 C
	1/2 t  Companion

--> G13xGB.1A ('Charity', 48/55 days) - Bloom, flushing:

1. Flush G13xGB.1A with water: 3 gal.			(3 gal)
   Per gal:	
	 2  T Clearex
   pH adjusted to 6.06 

--> Veg 1:

Large veg (9):

L1, L2, L3

KK2.1TT   
   G13xGB.1DD, G13xGB.1EE, G13xGB.1KK
   L4, L5

1. Fed 0.5 gal. each 					(5 gal)
   Per gal:	
	 1  T  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz Yucca
   Natural @ 940 ppm
   pH adjusted to 5.96 @ 22.5 C 
	1/2 t  Companion

--> Veg 2:

Small veg (13):

PS.2A, PS.2B
   MT1.1A
   MT2.1A
   BD.2A, BD.2B
   CryLo.2A, CryLo.2C
   KK2.2A, KK2.2B
   G13xGB.2B, G13xGB.2C, G13xGB.2D

1. Fed to saturation					(1 gal)
   Per gal:	
	 1  t  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz Yucca
   Natural @ 660 ppm
   pH natural @ 6.00 @ 22.1 C
	1/2 t  Companion

Code:
Runoff pH:

Plant		 pH
---------------------
G13xGB.1A	6.81
PS.1E		6.77
KK2.1B		6.63
BD.1J		6.52
CryLo.1A	6.73

I was thinking about your relay. You might need a voltage regulator in the equation or a capacitor before the relay. Either would regulate the charge coming in - I have a felling one is a better fit for this application, and I don't know which it would be.

Can't wait to see the pics!

:Rasta:

I've never heard of doing anything like that, Papa Green. Hmm...

Meanwhile, here are the pictures I promised.

First, here are some shots I took of KK2 right before she was harvested on Thursday night. To give a sense of scale, the highest bud in the first pic is 60" above the soil. She just grew into a vine-like bush though. I love this bud and it produces OK, but I need to work harder on trimming under the canopy to stop this insanity:

20100422Aber-01-kk2.jpg

As sad as that looked, the buds aren't bad. I look forward to fresh Kaia Kush:

20100422Aber-02-kk2.jpg

20100422Aber-03-kk2.jpg

Now to the current bloomers. First up is CryLo.1A ('Krystal', Cryst. Locomotive, 32" tall, @ 19/?? days:H-??). She has a lean, so I need to get her staked eventually. But she isn't falling over right now, so it can wait:

20100423Aber-01-CryLo_1A.jpg

She has delicate little buds forming among those delicate little leaves. I can't wait to see what she does:

20100423Aber-02-CryLo_1A.jpg

Here is PS.1E ('Hope', Purple Sage, 49", @ 48/63 days:H-15).

20100423Aber-03-PS_1E.jpg

She has beautiful buds:

20100423Aber-04-PS_1E.jpg

20100423Aber-05-PS_1E.jpg

20100423Aber-06-PS_1E.jpg

Next up is BD.1J ('Betty Jane', Blue Dream, 57", @ 34/70 days:H-36). As always, she is an absolute beauty queen:

20100423Aber-07-BD_1J.jpg

These pictures just do not do her justice:

20100423Aber-09-BD_1J.jpg

20100423Aber-10-BD_1J.jpg

20100423Aber-11-BD_1J.jpg

Next is KK2.1B ('Faith', Kaia Kush, 48", @ 48/75 days:H-27), who is doing much better than her clone mother did. She is expected to yellow out as she progresses, but that last one was a disaster. KK2.1B here is much more behaved:

20100423Aber-12-KK2_1B.jpg

20100423Aber-13-KK2_1B.jpg

20100423Aber-14-KK2_1B.jpg

Here we see G13xGB.1A ('Charity', G13 x GodBud, 48", @ 48/55 days:H-7). I love this plant:

20100423Aber-15-G13xGB_1A.jpg

She produces such nice buds and the stone is heavy, just like I prefer:

20100423Aber-16-G13xGB_1A.jpg

20100423Aber-16b-G13xGB_1A.jpg

20100423Aber-17-G13xGB_1A.jpg

20100423Aber-18-G13xGB_1A.jpg

Finally, here are a couple shots of veg. Not really much to look at right now:

20100423Aber-19-veg.jpg

20100423Aber-20-veg.jpg

As always, you have some nice bud bro, those buds close ups made me salivate....nice buds. :Rasta: Beautiful plants too.

:peace: my friend.

:thanks:

So I guess the new max width to display in the thread directly is 700 pixels, and there is a max height in the slideshow that is less than 1024 pixels. Those are both frustrating. Especially when you click on the smaller version in the thread itself, and it brings up a slightly larger version in the slideshow mode, but that isn't even full size and you have to click again to see the full 768x1024 image I posted.

I do like the slideshow itself though. I'm going to have to fiddle around and see if the limits are based on absolute measurements or if they are dependent on the viewer's monitor resolution. I don't mind the smaller versions directly in the thread so much, but I want the slideshow to show full size. So once I know what max I can expect from the slideshow, I can change how I resize my images when I post them, to best adapt.

Edit: The size of the slideshow images are totally dependent of the size of the drawing area in pixels. Is there a way to turn this 'feature' off? I'm off to look now.

Back
Top Bottom