Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

Just would like opinions based on @Blazing Rooster ’s recommendation for topping and cloning if cutting at approximately the red lines looks like a good plan.

DA700251-9C8B-46FA-B63B-97F8A7476FFF.jpeg
2DB7F746-6276-4F3B-A3E3-491AE73487B2.jpeg
CD1051E9-26BD-4CE9-901C-01FB87C58ECE.jpeg
8A567D14-CD30-4235-8D2F-F4A37D057996.jpeg
F26707E3-CE88-48CA-A770-CDA074563F0F.jpeg

This ^. I think you should have at least two nodes to clean off below the top for cloning. More stem surface to grow roots on and more distance between the soil and the leaves.
I would go lower as well. I like a little bigger clone plus that lower branching will Bush out having wider plant ,bigger clone.

Thank you everyone! Had to take a short trip up the road for some more wedding cake and vittles. Back home and to the pool with the boy then supper then on to the chopping block! Somewhere I have to fit in some work work.

Hi, Al- I just want you to know that I'm not ignoring the topping questions-it's just that i'm not exactly sure how or where to do it on plants that are as big as yours-I use Uncle Ben's technique
(grow to 5-6 nodes,top above second node), so the plants are usually about 6 inches tall when I do it. (and quadlining is even a little different
This ^^^
I know it seems like you are cutting a lot off, but once you do all the lower growth will speed up and all those lower nodes will rise up to the top of the canopy. I might even suggest going one node lower so you have enough left to try to clone after the cut.
This ^^^
This ^. I think you should have at least two nodes to clean off below the top for cloning. More stem surface to grow roots on and more distance between the soil and the leaves.
This ^^^
I would go lower as well. I like a little bigger clone plus that lower branching will Bush out having wider plant ,bigger clone.
And this ^^^ :thumb:

...oh, and...
man, that is one happy room! :thumb:
This! ^^^

:Namaste:

OK, moving on...

It looks like the consensus opinion is to go one node lower than I marked on each plant. . I'm good with that. About to go to the pool with the boy. His friend works there so I'm really glad to take him for some light social interaction. Just have to plan the day around it and it usually works out OK.

Sometime after I get back I will get everything ready and commence to topping.

We're going to need pics so see if Tangled is available for camera duties! Sharp clean clippers or a razor is best. No hesitation for the cleanest cut.

I happen to have fresh clean never opened clippers and Tangled should be able to assist.

Girls are looking nice Al, sitting here blazing some Rosin..pretty cold but heaters on and life is good.....Enjoy ya day mate.

I'm going to quickly address what I think happened here and you can take it however you like. I don't intend to single anyone out and will not do so. I also defer to the mods on what content is acceptable on this site. I will also say that I was not involved in reporting any post(s), for better or worse. That said:

I don't mind some adult humor. This is an adult site. There were a few things said that were exactly that and for the most part I don't mind unless it goes overboard.

I do draw a line at use of certain words in jest, not out of some sort of PC mindset or censorship (which is really only done by the government in a legal sense), but out of Respect (an R-word I approve of).

There are two R-words I'd ask not be used in jest. The first R-word I've never experienced, but it is a traumatic event for those who have. It is out of Respect for them I steer clear of using it jokingly. I hope and think I've been able to do that. The second R-word I shouldn't have to explain other than some have used it to describe my kids despite the fact my kids could run circles around them in a battle of brains.

It is out of Respect for them and others like them that I ask others to choose a more appropriate word or less demeaning language. I can't make anyone stop, but I can curtail my contact with those who do not Respect me enough to avoid language that can be hurtful and/or harmful.

That's not PC. It's not censorship. It is a simple request for Respect, something which seems to get lost in the 2-sided battle we call PC (added for purpose of clarity, one side seems offended too easily, the other feels that because they can say anything at all that they should. Meanwhile, I'm here shaking my head at both. Just another way I feel different than most anyone else way out here in the outfield). Another word is Dignity, which is defined as the quality or state of being worthy, honored, or esteemed.

I intend to Respect the Dignity of my kids and others who, through no fault of their own, have experienced trauma or disability or a different state of being. I ask others to do the same.

I have intentionally not mentioned politics in this post as the only politics I care about in relation to this thing we do here is building consensus around the fact the this plant is not evil, but the epitome of good and wholesome, especially as a medicine but also for those who simply enjoy a buzz that does not come from alcohol and who use it responsibly. That is a place where we can unify without the division that seems to permeate every other aspect of politics today. We are gaining momentum on this front and I hope that momentum becomes an unstoppable force that transcends political affiliation in any other matter.

I hope this post gets to stay as I believe it is in line with site policies as I understand them and is what I feel is an important message about mutual Respect and unity of purpose.

Thank you for reading. Thank you more if you understand and agree with the message, or at least Respect it.

I'll have an update later on after I have the opportunity to do some trimming on the plants. Until then, peace and love to you all.

P.S. I don't want to embarrass, shame, or drive anyone away. Just want to give a different perspective and perhaps impart a better understanding. I am not perfect and never will be. I cringe sometimes at my younger self, even more recent than I'd like to admit. I hope we can ALL move on and just enjoy each other's company.

Have a great day with the boy Ala! :thumb:

:popcorn:

We had a good day so far. Chicken nuggets for lunch. He stayed home while we travelled a short while for wedding cake strain. BTW, I need to find some to grow.

I missed a lot! Not even sure what went on, but I’m glad I wasn’t online, nor is it any of my business. Like Al said, moving on...

I look forward for your updates al! :thumb:

Thanks, man. I consider this part of my therapy. Not many places I can talk this openly about this plant or about my life.

Girls are looking nice Al, sitting here blazing some Rosin..pretty cold but heaters on and life is good.....Enjoy ya day mate.

Glad you're having a good day, Lowrider72. Always glad to have you stop by.

I get to sit in the non partake seat next to you for a while Al. Just got offered an Hvac/r job with a local school system. Too good to pass up. Gonna be a long 30 days. Keep up the good works. Cheers!!!

Congratulations! That's awesome! And it will be worth it. Life choices suck sometimes. Hopefully the day comes when using cannabis responsibly is treated no differently than alcohol, both legally and at work so that you and I and others won't have this worry.

You sir, are a wise man! And one simply can’t teach that. You are truly one genuine human being! :high-five:

Thanks, man. I consider this part of my therapy. Not many places I can talk this openly about this plant or about my life.

You talk, we listen! There’s something satisfying about someone who listens to what you have to say! You have one heck of a story! And I would clink your cup of apple juice any day sir! :goof:

You sir, are a wise man! And one simply can’t teach that. You are truly one genuine human being! :high-five:

You talk, we listen! There’s something satisfying about someone who listens to what you have to say! You have one heck of a story! And I would clink your cup of apple juice any day sir! :goof:

Thanks, backlipslide. If you have OJ and/or Grey Goose I'm game (provided I have a while to spare without too much concern about my availability - was just mentioning about how those rare times I drink are when I've made sure as best I can everything is taken care of and anything that would need my attention would likely require an ambulance anyway). lol

Back
Top Bottom