Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

Congratulations fornia! Well done and great pics @Tangled :bravo:

I only cut the ends off the leaves to help them fit in the domes. If you're not going with domes, prepare to do a lot of misting of the leaves while they work on rooting.

And tomorrow you get to start tying the top nodes flat on the plants to get the lower branches to be solid tops at harvest!

Thanks, Shed (and everyone else)! I'm fine with that, but I'm done tonight. lol I have electrical wire and tomato "wire", plenty of staples, and a few clips to boot (and access to more if needed). Or I can LST/supercrop them.

Nice job,Al- The new growth is going to be impressive, and if all the clones take, you've got twice as many plants as you had before! (or 3 times as many,if you top the clones)....hell,you may never have to buy seeds again...:)
And @Tangled did some excellent camera work there!

Job a goodun Al, now to keep em misted four times a day....
:thumb:

I'm going to quickly address what I think happened here and you can take it however you like. I don't intend to single anyone out and will not do so. I also defer to the mods on what content is acceptable on this site. I will also say that I was not involved in reporting any post(s), for better or worse. That said:

I don't mind some adult humor. This is an adult site. There were a few things said that were exactly that and for the most part I don't mind unless it goes overboard.

I do draw a line at use of certain words in jest, not out of some sort of PC mindset or censorship (which is really only done by the government in a legal sense), but out of Respect (an R-word I approve of).

There are two R-words I'd ask not be used in jest. The first R-word I've never experienced, but it is a traumatic event for those who have. It is out of Respect for them I steer clear of using it jokingly. I hope and think I've been able to do that. The second R-word I shouldn't have to explain other than some have used it to describe my kids despite the fact my kids could run circles around them in a battle of brains.

It is out of Respect for them and others like them that I ask others to choose a more appropriate word or less demeaning language. I can't make anyone stop, but I can curtail my contact with those who do not Respect me enough to avoid language that can be hurtful and/or harmful.

That's not PC. It's not censorship. It is a simple request for Respect, something which seems to get lost in the 2-sided battle we call PC (added for purpose of clarity, one side seems offended too easily, the other feels that because they can say anything at all that they should. Meanwhile, I'm here shaking my head at both. Just another way I feel different than most anyone else way out here in the outfield). Another word is Dignity, which is defined as the quality or state of being worthy, honored, or esteemed.

I intend to Respect the Dignity of my kids and others who, through no fault of their own, have experienced trauma or disability or a different state of being. I ask others to do the same.

I have intentionally not mentioned politics in this post as the only politics I care about in relation to this thing we do here is building consensus around the fact the this plant is not evil, but the epitome of good and wholesome, especially as a medicine but also for those who simply enjoy a buzz that does not come from alcohol and who use it responsibly. That is a place where we can unify without the division that seems to permeate every other aspect of politics today. We are gaining momentum on this front and I hope that momentum becomes an unstoppable force that transcends political affiliation in any other matter.

I hope this post gets to stay as I believe it is in line with site policies as I understand them and is what I feel is an important message about mutual Respect and unity of purpose.

Thank you for reading. Thank you more if you understand and agree with the message, or at least Respect it.

I'll have an update later on after I have the opportunity to do some trimming on the plants. Until then, peace and love to you all.

P.S. I don't want to embarrass, shame, or drive anyone away. Just want to give a different perspective and perhaps impart a better understanding. I am not perfect and never will be. I cringe sometimes at my younger self, even more recent than I'd like to admit. I hope we can ALL move on and just enjoy each other's company.
Sorry to hijack your Journal A,l but I'm the one who used the "R" word. I want to personally apologize to the ones I offended and hurt. That wasn't my intention. I was mentioning the defoliation to my plant and used a very poor choice of words. So sorry folks.
And thank you Teddie for picking up the trash behind me. I won't bring this back up again.

Sorry to hijack your Journal A,l but I'm the one who used the "R" word. I want to personally apologize to the ones I offended and hurt. That wasn't my intention. I was mentioning the defoliation to my plant and used a very poor choice of words. So sorry folks.
And thank you Teddie for picking up the trash behind me. I won't bring this back up again.

Thanks, Sparkey224. I never meant to single anyone out. I appreciate you owning it, though, and in my opinion making it right by apologizing.

Alright Al, you're stressing me out a bit. You're not getting enough sleep and it's taking its toll on me. I can't imagine what it's doing to you. But damn, this here grow journal sure is entertaining. Kudos to you and the lovely Ms. Tangled for the hard work to make it so. But seriously, get some sleep, Al. And great job on the topping / clones.

The smaller clones look OK, the larger cuts not as good. Trimmed off the larger leaves and they were too much weight. Put domes on them after a light spritzing. Sat them all up so they can get light. I’ll be surprised if half make it but what do I know? Nothing is really lost if they don’t.

Rough late night and morning. Not much sleep. On a positive note no tooth pain this morning.

Morning pics

94A7B3F4-E3C0-42C1-AAD3-E71751290E37.jpeg
9A6BD3A9-20E4-4CF5-88BA-84C98A19B680.jpeg

Alright Al, you're stressing me out a bit. You're not getting enough sleep and it's taking its toll on me. I can't imagine what it's doing to you. But damn, this here grow journal sure is entertaining. Kudos to you and the lovely Ms. Tangled for the hard work to make it so. But seriously, get some sleep, Al. And great job on the topping / clones.

Thanks, FEF. We’re behind you a couple of hours, but yeah - less sleep is not unusual. Even less last night. I still feel better than when the infection was running wild. Good chance I’ll crash tonight if circumstances allow. You understand sometimes sleep is just elusive. Smile today. I’m good.

Plants are looking mighty fine,Al...they don't even know they've been "messed with"!

Lunch pics

6D750B76-623B-4EDF-AED9-9902E13FF5FF.jpeg
FEB2772A-B401-48F9-867B-922413821FFC.jpeg

The clones are actually trying to stand up on their own now. Some of them might make it.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Thank you, @SQl2kGuy . My gut tells me the Blueberry is going to be a fine plant. I got one freebie of it from True North. I intent to get some more of it and/or Blue Dream to try in the medicine soon. I need more flowering space so I'm planning a 5x10 tent soon. I need this medicine to work and it seems most who are making this commercially for autism use a number of strains to make the medicine, which makes sense since it increases the cannabinoid profile.

I'm not impressed with the federal government either. My journey from "just say no" to "full legalization" has been a long one. We knew since the 70's it was medicine. Still, I marched in lockstep for the longest. Then synthetic THC (marinol) was introduced. Still took years to move my dial. Somewhere between 3-5 years ago I finally came out in favor of full legalization. It was after that we knew we had a need for something radical and different to use here, but now I feel the urgency of the need for this medicine to be legally available. I have a friend who is wasting away after being diagnosed with leukemia, chemo, bone marrow transplant, and graft vs host. He now has a feeding tube. He's in Alabama so access is limited to CBD and illegal "weed". Fortunately so far the feds have left private medical grows alone but we have some real boneheads directing the show. He could really use some cannabis.

Every country that legalizes puts on display the stupidity of our government. They can no longer claim that some treaty prevents legalization. Even the WHO has said it should be rescheduled or descheduled. I believe the US is reaching critical mass on the issue as not only foreign governments make the change but about 2/3 of states. This is the mass needed for changes to happen in rapid succession. I expect a change within five years but with the clowns in charge anything is possible.

All I know is that many people I know personally and through work could or do use this plant as good medicine for a range of conditions. I am embarrassed for my government and at times the medical field.

Too many medical people wonder aloud about the lack of evidence for cannabis and also the lack of date on adverse effects, especially so when it comes to kids using it. Yet, NONE of the medications my son was placed on have an indication for autism. The research for using them in autism or on kids is very limited. The adverse effects are numerous and, at times, dangerous if they occur. Weight gain, metabolic syndrome, tardive dyskinesia, and so on. And yet no one bats an eye when these are written off label for children. Suddenly we need good data and robust studies with cannabis despite the fact numerous case reports exist showing a benefit and very little risk. Suddenly many are afraid of using something we don't completely understand. And it's all due to decades of lies, fear, and propaganda.

We are fortunate to live in CA, to have the resources to get and grow it, and even that his mental health provider is supportive of using it and trying to taper off other meds (I gave a talk a while back to this same group about autism and our use of CBD at that time).

As more research shows what we already know and more people see the benefits to people who have otherwise little hope to get better change will happen. It's just a matter of "when?".
What's up Al,
Just reading through a few threads and from one med grower to another, hats off for what you are doing. Nothing like sharing a gift with those in need. I grew this Blueberry strain from a Canuk Puk I bought last year. You will not be disappointed. The aromatics that it exhibits is very intoxicating. A bit temperamental on lighting but once you find that sweet spot is off to the races.
Very frosty, fluffy flowers. Take your time curing. Your patients will not be disappointed.

Great job @Tangled that takes a huge weight off our shoulders when were already stressing our selfs out while doing things that @Alafornia was doing! I can picture it now “work it! We need more lighting! Ok, work it, work it! Yeah!!” Haha maybe it’s just me that gets too into things, :goof: all jokes aside! Everything looks great! I bet you feel a whole lot better today don’t ya Al? Just you wait till you see the growth within the next two weeks! :yahoo:

Yeah I’ve never cloned before so I can’t give you any pointers but I do know they love high humidity. Maybe I’m wrong lol idk I’ve never actually tried cloning! I hope they root! That would be another notch on your belt sir! :high-five::bravo:

Back
Top Bottom