Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

No Nintendo or iPhone back then either. It was congregate or imaginate. :D

We've gone to the local episcopal church a few times lately. I pine for those old hymns. Veni Sancte Spiritus is nice and all, but it just ain't the same.
It's funny that you mention that because I've had the same experience. When we go, we go to an Episcopal church down the road. I just want to sing "Victory in Jesus" or "How Great Thou Art" one time. Just once...

It's funny that you mention that because I've had the same experience. When we go, we go to an Episcopal church down the road. I just want to sing "Victory in Jesus" or "How Great Thou Art" one time. Just once...

or "I'll Fly Away", right? Hahaha! We grew up pentecostal, so this is very different. Pew gymnastics (for real) has been replaced by pew aerobics. I could always break out the sax and jazz it up or read the congregation's prayer with emotion to see what reaction I get. :D

or "I'll Fly Away", right? Hahaha! We grew up pentecostal, so this is very different. Pew gymnastics (for real) has been replaced by pew aerobics. I could always break out the sax and jazz it up or read the congregation's prayer with emotion to see what reaction I get. :D
I've witnessed the pew gymnastics, a few times. My Grandfather was a Congregational Holiness (pentecostal) preacher. I got a whipping once because I started laughing when everyone was praying out loud, at the same time. It wasn't the Lord's Prayer everyone was reciting at the same time. Everyone was praying their own prayer out loud, at the same time. I had never witnessed that before and let me tell you, it was high comedy. Later, during the service, when someone started speaking in tongues, I about burst all the blood vessels in my eyes from trying not to laugh. There are some things that a 6 year old just doesn't understand. Or a 50 year old, honestly...

Haha! That was normal for me growing up. That emotional mysticism type thing was nothing, but the weird ritualistic divorced of emotion chanting was odd. The episcopal thing is much more autism friendly. :D I have a number of problems with multiple brands of religion I can understand how the discipline of the ritual might translate to life and isn't based on selfish emotional overindulgence. I also respect what they do in the community. It's more than empty platitudes when people try to make a difference in this world, not just the one to come. The fact they are accepting of medicinal cannabis helps, too.

Haha! That was normal for me growing up. That emotional mysticism type thing was nothing, but the weird ritualistic divorced of emotion chanting was odd. The episcopal thing is much more autism friendly. :D I have a number of problems with multiple brands of religion I can understand how the discipline of the ritual might translate to life and isn't based on selfish emotional overindulgence. I also respect what they do in the community. It's more than empty platitudes when people try to make a difference in this world, not just the one to come. The fact they are accepting of medicinal cannabis helps, too.
This ^^. This is why we consider ourselves Episcopalian, now. We love the outreach in the community. And the kind of "come as you are" approach to their congregants. In other words, you don't have to keep your lifestyle a secret in order to feel welcome. I want to converse with who you are, not who the church thinks you should be.

Lunch pic

5336ADA9-7538-4DD9-A967-803C7E3DD894.jpeg

This ^^. This is why we consider ourselves Episcopalian, now. We love the outreach in the community. And the kind of "come as you are" approach to their congregants. In other words, you don't have to keep your lifestyle a secret in order to feel welcome. I want to converse with who you are, not who the church thinks you should be.

Yes! I grew up in a church that had some very judgmental people. I want no part of that. I also want no part of a cult complex complete with "we are the one true church" BS where the good news is lost in mass conceit.

It does look good, doesn't it? Beginning to smell good, too.

The high today didn't reach 60 and that was is the wee morning hours. It's in the mid 40's now with RH in the upper 80's. The garage is in the mid 60's now and the tents about 70 +/- with a RH about 46%. We are cool a few days then back into the 70's again.

I have a group pic and budding flower pics. I'm seeing what look like trichomes to me.

I also include a pic of the tents. I have 2 intake filters for the veg tent which then vents into the flower tent. The a/c duct can also be seen going to the window.

Today be day 17 of 12/12, if anyone is keeping count.

:slide::woohoo: Yay! frost!

Looking great Alafornia! So you asked about harvest and plant processing essentials... well, i’m still figuring out the best ways to do many of the things too, but here’s a list that comes to mind:
  • a few pairs of good quality fine-trimming scissors/shears (have a few pairs in case you can get help, which might be an essential for you considering the size of your garden - you want to be ready with equipment in case someone says, “I’ll help you!” :D ). I like the curvy ones :) and you might consider some that have the spring load open function, they can really save some hand fatigue (you only have to push one direction ;) )
  • Some nitrile gloves to save your hands from getting super sticky (and save the buds from your naturally oily fingers). These can end up coated in trichstickygoodness, even when you handle the plants carefully. If this happens put them in the freezer for a while (inside a sealed bag) and then you should be able to peel it off.... mmm hashy.
  • Trim bins of some kind, Trays or tubs that you can work over to catch any trimmings, so seperate to other tubs n bowls for sorting buds into as you trim them off branches (which different folks do at different stages of the drying process - personal preference really). I try to have numerous options on hand so I can throw top nugs in one bowl and lower nugs in another. I usually blend them together when I make oil, but for some reason i like to store them seperately.
  • Music - but something tells me you’re gonna have that well covered already!
I’m onto harvesting a bit now so if anything else demos to mind I’ll let you know!

Enjoy your flower show Ala, it’s a beauty :thumb:

I have two pair of springy Fiskars. Nitrile gloves are covered. Have a few trays but could likely use some more for sorting - cheap solution was the "disposable" baking trays. Music is covered. Have a few things on standby to order.

ETA: Thanks. It's good seeing the frost.

Have a few things on standby to order.
Looking great in that tent,Al!
While you're ordering stuff,you should pick up some Boveda 62's for storage,once the nugs are cured- Get the 8gram ones...1 of those is just right for a quart jar.
You can pick up a 10 or 12 pack pretty cheap on amazon.
Although you won't need them for awhile, so you could wait on them if you choose.

Looking great in that tent,Al!
While you're ordering stuff,you should pick up some Boveda 62's for storage,once the nugs are cured- Get the 8gram ones...1 of those is just right for a quart jar.
You can pick up a 10 or 12 pack pretty cheap on amazon.
Although you won't need them for awhile, so you could wait on them if you choose.

Thanks, carcass! Definitely on the list as we get closer.

1. a good loupe for use with an iphone
This works for me:
2. a decent scale
This is the one I got from Amazon. Not as accurate as a 0.01 but works fine for my recipes:
Smart Weigh SWS1KG Elite Digital Pocket Scale 1000 x 0.1g

I use a regular digital kitchen scale to weigh the harvests.
Any must haves?
Without a doubt, small hygrometers will be of benefit when drying and curing. I probably have 20 of them, but the best thing I did was buy these:
TAIWEI 12 Pack Mini Small Digital Electronic Temperature Humidity Meters Gauge Indoor Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Display Fahrenheit (℉)

I tested them all using the salt test and they were all within 3% of accurate. I wrote the difference on top of each one so I would know that if it read 68 it was really 65 or whatever. I never burp without them.

And I second the Boveda 62s. Just a word of advice...don't use them to get your harvest to 62%, use them to keep your harvest at 62%. They are not designed to quickly remove or add humidity.

Oh yeah! The hygrometers! :thumb:

On the testing - another member at SHed’s place, used a different method that I took on, so just in case it appeals to you. Put all the hygrometers in a sealed container with a couple of boveda packs and leave them fr 24 hrs. That will give you a read on where they sit when the RH is 62% and you can note any discrepancies. Same idea, different method - and this one doesn’t need salt or water etc ;)

I have some digital ones, and the last lot i got were these ones
8E0F456D-F3E9-470A-8442-B33CEA2F8E2D.jpeg

I like the analogue display - and it was very easy to mark the real 62% spot.

I concur with Shed on the loupe too. I have a couple of those simple silver ones and use them all the time. I used to use a rubber band to hold it over my phone lens. That said, there are some really great clip on lens sets you can get now - but I don’t know much about them.

Back
Top Bottom