4oz is 1/2 a cup, did you use 4oz or 8 for 1 cup?
Doh! - yes it is. :thanks: Don’t know when that slippage happened in my brain. I’l correct the post. Thanks. I use 1g per oz as the ratio and this batch was a mini run so I never even got to a cup. I just wrote it out wrong.

I’ve sent the correction to the mods. I’ll blame the Haze :eek: (I was working with 2oz all day at the level of 1/4cup in my measuring jug... you’d think I’d have realised... brain cramp during posting :))

ANd yes - i used to addthe lecithin beforehand but was swayed by reports of better results plus teh fact I just find it easier. I know some folks do a little before and a little after. Maybe it doesn’t matter so much. Do you think the infusion would be better?

I believe this post by @Cannasavvy suggests that you get better results if lecithin is added "after" the infusion.
Cannasavvy's Lecithin Experiment
:thumb:

Lol, I made the mistake of adding the granules afterwards, I’m sure you’re not surprised - it didn’t blend. :oops:
Amy, you mentioned that the granules go bad quickly, what should I watch for to know it’s gone bad? I bought a big tub of it too. :( I guess I better make lots of butter and oil! :laughtwo:

Lol, I made the mistake of adding the granules afterwards, I’m sure you’re not surprised - it didn’t blend. :oops:
Amy, you mentioned that the granules go bad quickly, what should I watch for to know it’s gone bad? I bought a big tub of it too. :( I guess I better make lots of butter and oil! :laughtwo:
SweetSue says never granuals, always liquid. I never doubt SweetSue on those kinds of instructions. She does her research.
I'm learning from the best! :adore:
LOL. Nah, but thanks BL! I just sub all the right threads :).

SweetSue says never granuals, always liquid. I never doubt SweetSue on those kinds of instructions. She does her research.
Damn, what am I gonna do with this big tub of it?! :(

Cool, thanks Shed! :cool: My heart thanks you, and I’ll let you know when I can fit into my old clothes again! :love:

:thumb: :thanks:

Yes HH - always liquid sunflower lecithin :high-five: And it doesnt matter that you put it in earlier, i’m sure your oil works. Next batch will be even better is all! :D

I did a few side by sides with lecithin in during extraction and add lecithin after

I wasn't able to detect any difference good or bad.

Because I use all the mash leftovers (crumbled bud with oil) having the lsl in there already saves a step.

Update Critical Mass Day 140 (+58)

No chance of this being an early harvest :rofl: It’s a 6-8week strain and now at just over 8weeks and I’m taking it this weekend - at about 9weeks. The pistil stigmas have been dried up for ages so i’m clearly very late in the harvest window. They have definitley gotten much bigger in the last week so it’s been great to see that. Looks very, very ripe now :D Growth Drenched today.

It’s definitely the roughtest looking plant I’ve ever had at this stage but the buds look great. The last few weeks the lemon zest aroma has remained strong and been joined by the distinct smell of passionfruit :yummy: I’ve been smelling it for ages, not able to name it and then a friend with a good nose came to visit, took one whifff... “ooooh! Passionfruit!”

Lots of amber all over, in places, but plenty of cloudy too and this will go a lot to sleep meds and a lot to some dudes who work consruction and they like their CBN at the end of the day;)

A lot of the amber is on places that have been handled a lot too so it’s from contact. Manual inspection for rot does some damage sometimes but I’d rather that than the rot!

I wonder if anyone else has ever had this taste. I pulled a test bud or 2 off before the Cat drenches. I tried a couple of days ago (not cured, just dry) and I swear all I could taste was battered calamari, or battered fish... or something. Just kept getting the thoughts of fish n chips and battered calamari :eek: what tha!! Is that what people mean when they say that finishing on a TP drench Goan make the taste a bit ‘gamey’? Was a pretty wild flavor to be getting of a plant that smells like lemon passionfruit! :laughtwo:

:Namaste:

Update: Candida CD-1 Day 138 (+44)

I think I saw the most obvious response to the Cat drenches on this one.

CBD oil... :yahoo:

I have almost stopped looking at it and wondering what might’ve been. I’ll never know :)

NO full plant shot - i didn’t take any this week - just flowers. And the flowers on this are quite beautiful in form and structure i think. :love:

2-3 weeks to go on this beauty. It’s not getting enough sun anymore, only about 4hrs direct and then dappled on & off for the afternoon. But I’ve had other plants ripen ok this late in this spot - my best bud last year actually - and with the rain cover I’m confident all will be well.

Update on the juicy White Widow coming soon.

Update: White Widow Day 138 (+49)

Very fat and juicy buds on this one :eek: Snipped off a few bits of rot and have now taken further measures to miminmise the risk of more.

The lovely other went out and got us a Sherlock garden trolley with 4 big fat wheels and a trailer type axle w handle - very easy to move around. WW now lives in that and has been moved onto our deck, where i can chase the sun all day and bring it in to my room overnight. Nice and dry :thumb:

It’s looking ragged from the foliar burn, like the others, but not so bad, and still brix-shiny in the sun. It has definitley had a frost explosion due to the cats, as I wasn’t seeing much at all beforehand. It’s not exactly frosty white castles though as all the reports say about WW - and the reason it was named such. Still 10-14days to go though, time will tell. It reeks of piney mango.

Here’s a lot of photos from many angles. Its a hard plant to photograph :hmmmm: (Going to be equally challenging come trim time!)

The Cats also triggered a new surge of pistil production - as it’s designed to do (it’s triggers reproductive growth in general) - which is great because the foliar incident burnt all the previous ones out. Also - from this pic the trich production looks nice now :D

I wanted to get these post-cat drench updates in today because i had the pics already and this weekend will be dedicated to the CM harvest, including taking and sharing pics of that, so I won’t have energy to do any other updates.

Seeing as the WW has moved to the deck - I can justifiably include a deck dwelling critter! We have many different kinds of ant here (yes, including one that can kill me) - at least 10 and likely many more. Recently I’ve been seeing these cruising around on teh deck. They’re about half an inch with speccy golden armour. It’s not the one I’m allergic to (although i saw one of them this morning as well). They’re tricky to catch with the camera as, unlike spiders, lizards and dragonflies who all seem to pose for me :), ants tend to run away. I managed to get ahead once or twice before it disappeared !

F7F7A5BC-CA03-4DD4-8F27-9096124476E4.jpeg

4D38A3E8-A1CD-4558-807A-6A4AD1D7603E.jpeg

I just think it’s the most beautiful thing! :love: Such incredible structures. Those spikes! Those ‘feet’!

Blessings and buds galore to all who come by. I’m always very chuffed to have you visit :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom