Update: Panama day 32 :smokin:

One month old and doing fine.

This new soil I’m using is a really different consistency to what I’m used to. It’s still a peat moss/coco coir base but it seems heavier and more dirt-like. I suppose that’s all the extra organic content needed for a ‘water-only’ soil. So far it seems to be pretty good!

I gave the first foliar this morning, using the Deep sea kelp drench mixed foliar. I didnt soak the plant, i used the light misting under the leaves approach that I’ve come to enjoy using with the HB kit. It changed my perspective on foliars - being an outdoor grower who has always used foliars i used to spray them down fully and treat it like a wash. I’m curious to see that response to light foliars. I know the products are really different and what I’m using now isnt tuned specifically as a foliar like the kit ones, and i dont know how potent this one is. It will be fun figuring out if some kind of similar approach os effective with these products.

I’m relieved to have it coming along - it’s the first time vegging under flowering lights and it’s tricky getting the balance of light intensity and environment into good zones for different stages all in the one space.

I haven’t watered since it got up-potted to this 3/4gal pot A little over a week ago. It’s just starting to feel a bit light.

And in the glow of the samsung LEDs, a lovely 9 bladed leaf for me :cheesygrinsmiley:

Saugaview ;)

I’m not topping this one, you may remember from the plan (or you may not, most likely ;) ). It’s going to grow into it’s natural shape. Will be aiming to keep it in a 3gal pot to keep the size down and if it’s not happy w that i have a 4.5gal to go up to if needed. Or bigger ones - but we’re hoping this One stays petite!

Be kind to yourselves and one another out there!
:love:
:Namaste:

Update: Panama day 32 :smokin:

One month old and doing fine.

This new soil I’m using is a really different consistency to what I’m used to. It’s still a peat moss/coco coir base but it seems heavier and more dirt-like. I suppose that’s all the extra organic content needed for a ‘water-only’ soil. So far it seems to be pretty good!

I gave the first foliar this morning, using the Deep sea kelp drench mixed foliar. I didnt soak the plant, i used the light misting under the leaves approach that we use in the 420 kit. It changed my perspective on foliars - being an outdoor grower who has always used foliars i used to spray them down fully and treat it like a wash. I’m curious to see that response to light foliars. I know the products are really different and what I’m using now isnt tuned specifically as a foliar like the kit ones, and i dont know how potent this one is. It will be fun figuring out if some kind of similar approach os effective with these products.

I’m relieved to have it coming along - it’s the first time vegging under flowering lights and it’s tricky getting the balance of light intensity and environment into good zones for different stages all in the one space.

I haven’t watered since it got up-potted to this 3/4gal pot A little over a week ago. It’s just starting to feel a bit light.

And in the glow of the samsung LEDs, a lovely 9 bladed leaf for me :cheesygrinsmiley:

Saugaview ;)

I’m not topping this one, you may remember from the plan (or you may not, most likely ;) ). It’s going to grow into it’s natural shape. Will be aiming to keep it in a 3gal pot to keep the size down and if it’s not happy w that i have a 4.5gal to go up to if needed. Or bigger ones - but we’re hoping this One stays petite!

Be kind to yourselves and one another out there!
:Namaste:
That Panama is a beauty Amy!

Thanks Boo! I’ve been waiting a long time to grow it and am pretty damn excited to have one :D

Ima ask you a favour - and I only ask becasue I’m on a v slow connection sometimes and pages with lots of pics can take forever to load. When you quote a message w pics and quote the whole message, it doubles the data load because it want to load all The pics again inside the quote.

If you want to quote someone but don’t need the pics, you can select a portion of text and you should get the option to ’Quote’ or ‘Reply to’ just that text.

My ISP doesn’t like me being behind a VPN and often strangles my connection when i am - which is most of the time when i am here. Sometimes image heavy pages wont finish loading at all - so i often jump out from behind the wall to look, at van’s or dutchmans journals for example! :laughtwo:

:thumb: :passitleft:

My sentiments exactly actually. It’s also slowed down its drinking and the smell has changed the last few days to being much less intense, particularly at a distance. It ‘looks’ ripe to me - the whole plant.

I’d expected it to go longer. The breeder says 70+ days and many people take them much later than this. Sometimes 100days. This would be overripe to rotten by then!

I’ll be taking it this week I’m pretty sure :slide:

I know! I can’t stop taking pics of them to get closer looks :)

Thanks for posting that reminder about not letting things progress to couchlock. That’s always my preference anyway but at the moment even more so because i have no sativa in my stash at all so this one is definitely coming down soon!
:cheer:

Seedsman seeds said 60 days for mine but I was told that was unrealistic. They're at Day 64 now. Does anyone know the average length of a Dark Devil? I also want that sativa high or otherwise, what's the point. :laughtwo:

Well Dark Devil is a hybrid so can have indica like effects, esp if it goes long. It’s always bright and breezy up front tho!

I don’t know if there’s an average. They seem so varied and finish at vastly different times. I’ve taken them anywhere from day 70. I think Sweet Seeds (the breeder) says 70. Many growers say 100minimum. SO it’s really up to you base on how they look. \

Mine have almost no more new white pistil hairs popping out, is looking generally ripe, the smell is changing and as Rado said, the trichomes are looking stretched and some are starting to wrinkle and degrade.

Even tho some trich heads are still clear down low on the plant - i will probably take it soon because of all those other reasons :)

Everyone is a little bit different when it comes to harvesting.

Do you own a loupe for looking up close HashGirl?

Seedsman seeds said 60 days for mine but I was told that was unrealistic. They're at Day 64 now. Does anyone know the average length of a Dark Devil? I also want that sativa high or otherwise, what's the point. :laughtwo:
Seedfinder.eu lists this as +-78 days.
75-80 days sounds about right for DDA .

75-80 days
That’s about exactly where this one is landing :thumb:

Panama! Panama-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah, Panama! :theband:

:bravo:
:laughtwo: I never liked Van Halen much - well I loved Eddie actually, and the drummer... in any case, I did like the song Panama and I have definitely been Singing out Panama-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah at semi regular intervals! :D
:tommy:

I never liked Van Halen much - well I loved Eddie actually, and the drummer
I beg to disagree! Eddie is "Eddie Van Halen" and the drummer was Alex Van Halen which were the only two Van Halens in Van Halen, so you did like Van Halen, just not the band, apparently! :rofl:

Love the Panama, the NL, and the DDA (I took mine at 65 days but you probably told me to wait a week ;)). Belated congrats on the harvest too!
In the interests of full disclosure ;) I could have easily let it have up to another week longer.
Phewf! I was gonna comment but now I don't have to. But I just did...
Something @InTheShed used outside to good effect and recently inside too I think. He uses a window fly screen. I’m thinking I can have shelf supports in there and build a custom little screen so that if I have new cuttings or clones I want growing slowly in the along with a small plant in veg, I can use the screen to shield the others.
I just recently tested basic window screen outside and the lux went from 123,600 to 71,200, which is about a 40% reduction. YMMV :)
fancy new camera stand
Tripod?
I think @InTheShed did this in the last year or so. Bonsai Mamas!!!!
I've been keeping mine in 1gal cloth pots, but after a while I run into root issues. I think plastic pots with regular root pruning would be better, and Professor Flora is much bolder at trimming than I.

Back
Top Bottom