Amy Gardner Of Eden v1.1: Outdoor 420 Featuring Star Pupil x WeaponX, PCK, Lilly & Purple Satellite

I can say safely say that my ‘experiment’, more of a trial really, of having a couple of small autos in pots for mid season harvest is over before it really began. I had 2 beautiful sproutlings and had planned to trial shuffling them Shed-style once or twice a day to follow the sun and then have them inside overnight for some extra light hours under the QB. Sounded like a good plan and the first few days all seemed set.

The fails are on multiple levels tho’, where should I begin? :laughtwo:

Anything that requires a daily action that really has to happen everyday is just not in my wheelhouse! I’m sure I’ve said that before, in my last grow in fact while I was trying out coco. I thought these would be better because they require less attention - except that moving them all the time is a kind of attention and even tho they’re tiny pots (2.5 gal) and one was peat-based and therefore lightweight, it it still more than I can handle on a daily basis.

So, as you can see I became dubious about my decision fairly early, and then... weather.

We’ve had super extreme and variable conditions: humidity in the range of 12-35%, hot dry superpowered winds and very cold nights. I kept them protected from those things as much as I could and then the fires ramped up and we have had some incredible smokey smokey days. They both started flowering at 14days :rolleyes: and then the grasshopppers decided they liked the non high brix one and at that point I decided the whole project was ill-advised. I have enough going on woth the photoperiods and barring the possibility of dropping some in the raised veggie beds (which is unlikely as the severe drought is making pest management very challenging this year) i will hold off any autos and do an auto run to kick off the indoor grow next year.

Therefore, this is probably the first and the last pic you’ll see of the Dark Devil Auto. I don’t know if I’ll let it go and see what it does or not, I find it hard to ignore a plant once it’s going, and I don’t really want to be thinking about it.

This will give you some idea of the smokiness I’m in... I suppose plants have trouble ‘breathing’ (transpiring) in this as well...

full

The picture, to me, doesn’t do justice to how thick the smoke is...

Thanks Shed. I feel very little disappointment about letting the autos go, so that’s good :)

The presence of the fires is oppressive, on many levels. One of the huge ones is about 25km from here and depending on the wind the smoke is horrendous. I cant imagine what it must be like in the zone. I know someone with a property right in the middle of it and last I heard he had sucessfully protected his house and gardens and the fire had burnt all around his property. That was a couple of days ago and there’s been some bad conditions since then with changing winds etc. so not sure where he’s at now.

Over 60000ha of some of our favourite forest, the most beautiful coastal forest, is black. It’s sad, and it will no doubt affect the local micro climate conditions going forward. It’s going to be an amazing few decades watching it struggle back to life!
Just now trying not to be concerned about 6 seedlings out in the seed sprouting enclosure in the garden - trying to transpire in all this smoke!

This actually brings me to a question for the seasoned brixers here - regarding the 2.5 gal of 2nd run soil that I’m about to cull the plant from.

It has been in use for 3 weeks and had one TP drench of normal strength put through it. Is it ok to just mix it back in with the rest of the cooked 2nd run that I’ll use later?
:Namaste:

Ack on so many levels! :Namaste: *cough* :straightface:

Yup, just toss that soil back into any bin and use it whenever you wish. :thumb:

ALso, it’s super still today so far (a little after 9am). That’s the first day in many. And while it make the smoke here thicker, hopefully it’ll make the fire-ies’ work a little easier. They’ve been unable to get it under control so far. No wind has got to help! :thumb:
:cough:

My heart hurts for the burning forest :( I can’t help but think of the poor animals too. A couple of years ago, some stupid kids started a huge forest fire, lighting off fireworks during a ban. I don’t even how how many hundreds of acres burned. It reached all along one of my favorite river drives, with several waterfalls and hiking trails. Surprisingly though, Mother Nature has done wonders and after just a couple years, a lot of it looks like nature again. Sorry about the autos, but it sounds like it may be for the best after all?

Back
Top Bottom