Amy Gardner Of Eden v1.1: Outdoor 420 Featuring Star Pupil x WeaponX, PCK, Lilly & Purple Satellite

Update: State of the Garden :yummy:

Speaking of leaving the stratosphere... my Purple Satellite has gone up to the sky for sure! And Lilly is gaining fast.

Last update I had not long before supercropped one branch of the PS (the HST style of supercrop - a full 90º bend Down low) and it had started stretching nicely. I hoped it would get at least to the top of the bamboo stakes and I hoped gently because I really didn’t know what to expect from these plants after the 2 months of vegging in fire and smoke. Plants are amazing.

Everyone on last Monday. You can see the relative height of Lilly against the bamboo stakes,

Lilly took forever to start flowering so got a lot of extra veg time as result. She popped pistils out the tops about 7-8 days ago so is in full stretch now and threatening to take over :slide:

Yesterday evening PS and Lilly ... (Lilly grew about 3” overnight!)

I’m fully stoked on the Purple Satellite. This plant went through a lot more hardship than the others even, having about 2“ of it’s stem half eaten by a caterpillar and needing a crutch to stand up for a while. My ‘stoke’ makes for lots of photos

The lovely Lilly is actually a bit stressed by whitefly. All the usual biological controls are out of whack and we’re hardly seeing any dragonflies or damselflies which is highly unusual, as we seasonally have millions of those in summer. The hatchings didn’t happen this year becasue the rains didn’t come till months late. Dragon and damselflies are one of the main controls for white fly in our garden and we’re are really noticing their absence in the presence of too many of the little pesties.

Regardless, Lilly still looks beautiful and reminds me a lot of the lovely sativa pheno of Candida CD-1 I grew outside. Very similar shapes...

The 2 Indica kids are going really well as well. The dappled shade had really landed when I was snapping pics yesterday so I didn’t get anything decent of their whole frames, but their branches are doing just what they‘re supposed to!

Star Pupil x Weapon X is turning out the colours :yummy:

And the Pakistan Chitral Kush has some very nice looking structures to build on

I originally planted 2 of the SP x WX as they are reg seeds and both of them turned out female. The one I didn’t plant in the raised bed stayed in a half gallon pot for a very long time and then 2 weeks ago it finally got transplanted into the rasied bed, just behind the PCK and in front of the PS. It’s recovered from the serious fade it was getting before that and is a single stem working on a very, very nice and colourful cola :D

I’m having a love affair with the leaves of both the SP x WX, they are so sharp and crisp in their serrations :love:

This pic was the result of me forgetting to adjust the camera for daylight so it kind of turned day to night, I like the atmospheric effect :D it was actually a bright sunny morning

It’s been skyrockets in flight all over around here, Amy included. Critter activity in and around the forest is very unusual with different kangaroos, different wallabies (and different sub-species of wallaby!) all cruising around looking for new territory. We lost a lot. And we lost a good many birds to the smoke.

Life carries on, post apocalypse, in determined and spectacularly joyful ways and the remaning bird life continue to bring a great deal of happiness to my little Garden of Eden: Critters of the week, all of them!

83E1095E-75E3-41BB-9C5F-3E41529088AF.jpeg

Fantails and a honeyeater splashdown.

:love:
:Namaste:

Nice to see things getting back to fairly normal for you, Amy-
Your plants sure shook it off well!

Star Pupil x Weapon X is turning out the colours.

15828442982682431636958558382391.png

You may love the serrated leaves, Amy but personally, I :love: the purple flowering on the Star Pupil x Weapon X.

So lovely to see your garden grow! And your critters thrive.
:green_heart:
:circle-of-love:
...all things considered...remarkable comeback!... :thumb: ...go Lilly...;)...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
IKR!

So happy for Lilly. :high-five: I have actually taken 6 branches of and made 6 cuttings off them in the hope of getting some clones.

My methods are full of flaws as I've never actually done it, but I did make the final cuts underwater as some wise women I know have recently recommended... @Virgin ground @Heavenly Hybrid. I dipped in rooting hormone and some went into pucks and some went into partially used soil from the outdoor bed (that the male PS had been growing in). I have no idea if they will take but I'm keeping them as warm and humid as I can and we will hope for the best!

Nice to see things getting back to fairly normal for you, Amy-
Your plants sure shook it off well!
Thanks carcass. Yes they did! I am fully impressed and taking inspiration from them :yummy:
You may love the serrated leaves, Amy but personally, I :love: the purple flowering on the Star Pupil x Weapon X.

I absolutely agree! It's a really specie looking plant. I'm very excited to continue photographing those flowers for the next month or so... and then to be consuming them of course!

Amy I think you hit the nail on the head. Eden! Perfect
:high-five:

Pretty happy to have anything looking like buds at all so I am over the moon with the beautiful flowers I have busting out everywhere.
:yahoo:

My methods are full of flaws as I've never actually done it, but I did make the final cuts underwater as some wise women I know have recently recommended... @Virgin ground @Heavenly Hybrid. I dipped in rooting hormone and some went into pucks and some went into partially used soil from the outdoor bed (that the male PS had been growing in). I have no idea if they will take but I'm keeping them as warm and humid as I can and we will hope for the best!
As I recall you got roots on cuttings sitting in water on your desk, no? Try a few that way and cover your bases!

Love, love, love. Things are looking great in Eden :love: Look at those birds, I love the movement of that photo.
:slide: they are soo great to hang out around. The little tunes the fantails twitter are awesome too, and they make sounds very like laughing at times. Very special companions.

Thanks re photo :thanks: . It was about my second time going fully manual on the camera settings except for focus (their speed needs the machine!) and I am really happy w how it’s going :nerd-with-glasses: .

Wow, Amy! Absolutely, wow! :green_heart:

off to the races
:high-five:
Really stunning garden considering what they went through. Wait until Lilly really starts flowering. The tropical smells Lilly has is really impressive. That is still one of the best smelling/tasting plants I've done.
Thanks neiko! I feel the same way - I’m looking at it in amazement everyday. Better drop some pretty images in the Q&A to show the power of the kit!

I’m looking forward to what you describe of Lilly :yummy: :slide: It’s going to be fun getting her through to the end of flower considering how late she has started but i have every faith that we can do it! (Lilly and me :) )

Wow, Amy! Absolutely, wow! :green_heart:
:yahoo:

————\\

Little supplementary update because i neglected to mention some functional things.

- On Thursday just gone the raised bed got a hearty Transplant drench w Tea (40ml TP, 4ml Tea).
- The Thursday prior was a GE of similar strength.
- In between there was some rain and a Brix foliar.

This morning, nearly 2 days after the TP drench, to knock down the whitefly a bit I gave Lilly a Leafwash foliar and the rest of the plants that have mega frost already coming on got a weaponised Brix Foliar. I left out the SO for this one b/c I wasnt sure about using it in a weaponised mix. Would prob’ly fine because it’s mixed so weak for the weaponised sprays, just the fully safe option felt better - I want no more surprises!

And here now, a question for @neikodog and other brixcats in the house, but mostly for neiko because I’m sure you have mentioned something related to this to me before, that is now a memory that feels like maybe I dreamt it... so...

ANYWAY>>> It will be about a week before the rasied bed gets another drench. All the plants in there are ready for Cationic Drench except Lilly.

I have this memory of you (neiko) telling me about a seasoned Brix grower who gives Cats exceptionally early with great success. I also remember you saying that a super early Cat can slow or stop stretch so I realise there might be some impact there.

I really want to hit it with the Cats when the time comes. What do you think? (Neiko and other brixers)

And because a photo is nearly always nice, I took this one specially for @HashGirl seeing as you were liking the SP x WX so much

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom