Amy Gardner's First Journal - Outdoor - Critical Cure & Chaos In The Forest

Hey Neiko, how does that cream work on pain... I have a cronic seizure affliction and really need to use creams like Bio Freeze and etc regularly.. really stinks, but is acceptably effective... I guess...

The pain cream is awesome! It works wonders on burns. I had 2nd degree burns and all I treated it with was the pain cream. I was pain free 5 minutes after application and stayed that way until healed with no scarring. The women in my family love it for it's moisturizing properties. I make a dozen 2 oz. jars and those will be gone in a month. Word is getting out about it too. My ex employer just contacted me when he found out about it because he knew 2 people with psoriasis. It works great for that too.

These were some beautiful and healthy plants! Now the good part:p

Congrats on motm Amy! Very well deserved!

:high-five:

Thanks ween! Very happy to have you around the garden :thanks::high-five:

Congrats Amy on your MoTM win!
Well deserved! Smell the flowers.
:high-five:
:bravo:
Stage - it does smell fantastic around here that for sure :slide:
Thanks man:thanks:
You smashed it Amy, really well done....... Your bubbly attitude is what led the way....:green_heart::Namaste:

Bubble and sneak! That’s us :rofl:
Thanks Smeegol :thanks::yahoo:

These were some beautiful and healthy plants! Now the good part:p
Hey C - thanks for saying so! I’m looking forward to more :)
Still have one in the pod to harvest and my little solstice babies who have another month I think but yes! The good part - the toking! To keep the Gardner happy while she harvests the rest!
:volcano-smiley::yummy:

Harvest Update: Professor Chaos

Wow it smells lovely in my room right now :slide:

The Professor Chaos is sour with tones of grape and lemon and a bit of fuelyness which makes it kind of a weighty smell. It’s lighter than the CBD CC though - definitely fruitier and more sour at the same time.

I harvested on Friday (about 30hours ago for me) and that was somewhere between 63-70 days in flower. Five days ago there was a lot of amber - and then yesterday there didn’t seem so much. I don’t know if that’s even possible, but I swear it’s true. It didn’t matter. It was always happening yesterday because of help and rain forecast. She was the runt of the original family but she really came through for me. Just as a reminder (for me and you) here’s her very humble beginning - when I really wasn’t sure what she might become after being stuck in a tiny pot for too long while we waited for the garden to be ready...

That was end of December after nearly 2 months of veg - so in the second 2.5 months a lot can happen! Here’s some final close ups (with my new camera that I’m still learning how to use - you don’t know how many shots i’ve deleted recently!!). I took these the day before harvest, her last morning in the sun...

ANd her final portrait (the rest of the pics are iphone shots)

ANd let the chopping begin!

And the now obligatory morning silhouette - a little overcast this morning...

Post wash hanging

And these are for anyone who might be worried about trichome destruction in the wash. They’re still intact!

After they dried beautifully swaying in the breeze and sunshine for about 4 hours, I weighed it to get a wet weight before moving it inside. There was one top cola that had some mouldy parts so these have been frozen to contribute to a topical oil infusion (they went in with the budrot I chopped of the Money Bush - more on that later!)

infected buds for the freezer...

And the wet weight on the rest. 1lb 4oz so I’m guessing about 4 or so ounces dried and trimmed

ANd hanging in the drying closet - soon to be revamped growbox...

So after all the branches were chopped, the stem looked like this - a jaunty angle...

I cut it off just above the ground and I swear this thing is so solid you could really do some damage with it! I put it to work as a gardening tool. It was awsome!

The Golden Tiger x Northern Lights will go in here now. I’ll bury the pot a bit so she can get her toes into the dirt. She’s a lady in waiting at the moment because we can’t lift her up onto the raised bed! Someone will visit eventually who can help me no doubt! Like Shed said, she’s going to enjoy the sun here - and the dirt I think :slide:

Before I go I should update where the CBD CC ended up at jarring time... I weighed as I went and got 190.5grams. It was a bit over dried after 6days where I could hardly get the humidity in the room below 70! Then it dropped to 40% for a day. This photo was as soon as th jars were sealed up and the RH meters rose a little bit pretty soon after, so not too bad.

During both harvests we were surrounded by twittering little birds the whole time - fairy wrens and thornbills and finches and scrubwrens. Honestly there were times I was reminded of Lily Tomlin’s character in ‘9 to 5’, when they have their ‘ladies pot party’ and each have a Maui Wowie inspired fanstay about killing the boss. Lily’s character Violet’s fanatsy is all Bambi and Snow White and she’s surrounded by animated critters and twittering birds... that’s what it felt like while i was hanging the branches - little birds all around me being all very excited... They landed on the string a few times - but I never caught that on camera! This dude, front and centre, is an adolescent male fairy wren, his colours are just coming along. Little spunk isn’t he?!

View media item 1511101
A wonderful Easter weekend to all - and Passover for those who that’s relevant for. It was an excellent Good Friday harvest for me, the perfect activity for this full moon. I’ll update on the Money Bush in teh pod later on.

Let me leave you with an expression of gratitude and appreciation for this great community of growers. A lovely fairy godmother spirited this across the seas to me - I’m fairly speechless really, but I’m sure once I inhale some of it I’ll have plenty to say! :love::rofl::slide:

:circle-of-love:
Beautiful buds there. Im a big fan of the critical cure. Had some out of the grass monkey in lanzarote to help me sleep. Worked a treat. Might have to get some beans. Was it dinafem you got them from?
Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Beautiful buds there. Im a big fan of the critical cure. Had some out of the grass monkey in lanzarote to help me sleep. Worked a treat. Might have to get some beans. Was it dinafem you got them from?
Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers Bilbo - yep it was the dinafem. I got seed from Herbies :thumb: It’s interesting it helps you sleep. Many find the CBD can keep you up. Vaping it during the day for me is good and I’m sure I sleep better at night because of it.

I’m looking forward to seeing more of my work myself! There’s no better feeling than Tokin and smokin your own grow while you jar it all up!! :slide:

Cheers Bilbo - yep it was the dinafem. I got seed from Herbies :thumb: It’s interesting it helps you sleep. Many find the CBD can keep you up. Vaping it during the day for me is good and I’m sure I sleep better at night because of it.

I’m looking forward to seeing more of my work myself! There’s no better feeling than Tokin and smokin your own grow while you jar it all up!! :slide:
I bet. Cant wait to get some buds out. Not gonna rush though wait until those trichs are ready and a nice slow dry and cure.

Congrats Amy! Very well deserved! :welldone:
Thank you kindly m’Lady :theband::thanks:

I have to say how stoked I am that you’re growing in the kit. Did you know I am a non kit using DBHBB zealot? I’m working on something. Gotta get some samples to Doc a bit after season end here and take it from there. I excited to see your girls grow out - in bigger pots too! :thumb: (you’re using 10s, right?).

And welcome to my garden too, I’m not sure that you’ve been by here before - but via the lounge... so welcome again in any case :welcome:

Make yourself comfy - enjoy the views... and partake in this :passitleft:
Or this if you prefer...:volcano-smiley:

Thank you kindly m’Lady :theband::thanks:

I have to say how stoked I am that you’re growing in the kit. Did you know I am a non kit using DBHBB zealot? I’m working on something. Gotta get some samples to Doc a bit after season end here and take it from there. I excited to see your girls grow out - in bigger pots too! :thumb: (you’re using 10s, right?).

And welcome to my garden too, I’m not sure that you’ve been by here before - but via the lounge... so welcome again in any case :welcome:

Make yourself comfy - enjoy the views... and partake in this :passitleft:
Or this if you prefer...:volcano-smiley:
Thanks Amy! You have a beautiful garden regardless of what you are using.:popcorn: I should have dropped by sooner! Yes...I am using 10s this time around and reduced the number of plants as an experiment. Someone told me bigger is better;)
Have a fabulous...er evening? lol:ciao:

Despite my grouchy mood tonight - this was a well deserved recognition for what you do, Amy. Your posts are consistently fascinating and personal and critter laden, and gosh darn it, I like them. :)
I’m very glad to be assisting you to cast spite upon your growchy mood! (Smite its ruin upon the mountain top!!) I can be fairly moody - so I get that. Nice to see you Sir Radogast :thanks:

I’ll be by to see your garden soon...:popcorn:

Ok Ames, the celabratory party is over,,... lol. Back to the grind... irony since my question of the day to you is coffee grounds as part of a medium for outdoor growth or no.... As always anyone comment as I am now able to get to compost piles. Been waiting for that, got one done yesterday, but back to being rainy and cold today... I have used coffee before in warmer climates but this climate up here is less than warm and short.... Oh where are my manners, good evening there i guess...Anywho I got rid of the couple of journals that I mistakenly created in the beginning and am moving forward with the one I wanted the Low Budget one.... you can check my progress there as i am getting ready to move outside and you know how it goes, prep prep prep.... followed by wait wait wait .lol... Green Days

Hey @Smeegol and @MaddHacker - so I don’t have much there. I’ve not researched coffee grounds specifically and don’t (sadly) drink coffee anymore. But when I did and when I make it for guests, the coffee grounds always go into the compost. These days I use dandelion/chickory root to make a ‘coffee like’ beverage and those grounds go in the compost too. Well, to the worms now actually. So there’s some in my soil but at what quantities I couldn’t say - trace elements most likely because that compost (2 person household who eat lots of veggies) gets mixed through soil for all the vege gardens as well. So it’s fairly diluted.

I’m still experimenting and figuring stuff out, hey. The soil in the potted plant I have is depleted I think as I’m getting a lot of yellowing to drop off on lower leaves. This can be normal in late flower but they’re not there yet so it seems too early. So there’s something missing in my soil for sure. There was a period of some heavy rains for days so it may have been that - I’ve tried to replenish but there may be limits to what I can do. It’s been buried in the soil where the other plants came out now so I’m hoping that is going to help her down the home stretch.

But back to the coffee. Lots of people use it in gardens so clearly it’s got stuff in it that soil likes. But I’d wager that it needs to be composted (and preferably by worms) for any significant amount of its goodnesses to be ‘plant available’. I haven’t read that anywhere, it’s a wager - or an educated guess, let’s say ;).
As to what’s in it, that’s worth looking up but I haven’t because it’s been nearly 2 years since I had a coffee:( I love coffee. The dandelion ‘coffee’ is pretty good - we make a mocha version with raw cacao powder which rocks actually. No sugar, full of minerals, and delicious.

I’ll look up coffee at some point - or maybe someone else will drop over who knows anything about it...

It’s evening for me now - but yes Smeegol my morning was beautiful, thankyou :) - and the end of a too busy day so I’m beat. Early to bed, that’s me today. G’night
:Namaste:

Aah thanks for the correction, I have an aunt in Perth, so bout 4pm afternoon I believe.... In regards to dandelion I recall either yourself, @SweetSue, @AngryBird or @MerryAnna who explained how to use roots/leafs,stalk/petals/flowers in each phase of growth.....early veg/mid veg/ flowering stages....

I might be mistaken on the plant though........ night night

Back
Top Bottom