Amy Gardner's First Journal - Outdoor - Critical Cure & Chaos In The Forest

Great update! It's quite a site to see plants hanging untrimmed like that. It looks like something from the old days before scissors were invented :). Cute spider and I'm with Smeegol about keeping it beyond the international date line! I'd give the Professor another week as I tend to ignore the random amber until it looks like it's becoming a thing.

High Amy,
Those CBD cures look like wondeful frost medicine.
Well done there.

Wolf Spiders?
:eek:
And they pose for pics?
:rofl:

i just had to say Oh My, pretty picture:goodjob:
blue sky, lovely....
full

Cheers

Here you go Kismet - we don’t see these all the time but they’re always there. Thing I love about Wolf Spiders, they don’t dash away so easily and are quite happy sometimes to just pose for the camera.

View media item 1513776

*WOOOOOOW, I think I saw legitimate quadriceps on that wolf spider, in fact I heard him howling last night. Hauntingly beautiful, I wish I could hold him, I'm enraptured.

* I just love your critters, and you're making oil next. You will love the oil, as much as you love the critters.

:thumb:I lie to leave leaves on at times, it protects the bud:Namaste:

:thumb: I was thinking exactly that as I was looking at them hanging. They’ve gone into jars now and the leaves are actually stopping the buds from touching each other very much. I’ll probably trim the next one a bit more, it’s for smoking/vaping, but I need to invent ways to do it that don’t require holding up the stem while trimming it - exhaustion int he muscles comes too soon for me. Might try some light trimming while the’yre hanging after wash...

I'd give the Professor another week as I tend to ignore the random amber until it looks like it's becoming a thing.
Thanks Shed - when I consider that the pics you saw were taken late Thursday my time, harvesting this Friday morning makes it a week exactly! So we;re on the same page there. The amber is a thing now on the tops - but still only random on the lower parts of the cola. True, it’s a bit later than i used think was optimum, but I’ve learnt lots here on 420 including that you can safely let Sativas ripen a bit more, to good effect. Seeing as it’s sativa dominant i guessing this will be ok. There’s no space in the ‘calendar’ before Friday morning anyway. I’m excited to bring her in - the preliminary tastings have been very enjoyable :slide:

High Amy,
Those CBD cures look like wondeful frost medicine.
Well done there.

Wolf Spiders?
:eek:
And they pose for pics?
:rofl:

Yes they do! :battingeyelashes::passitleft:
i just had to say Oh My, pretty picture:goodjob:
blue sky, lovely....
Cheers
:thanks:

*WOOOOOOW, I think I saw legitimate quadriceps on that wolf spider, in fact I heard him howling last night. Hauntingly beautiful, I wish I could hold him, I'm enraptured.

* I just love your critters, and you're making oil next. You will love the oil, as much as you love the critters.
There’s no way I’d want to touch it! Eeeek! I used to get creeped out just looking at pics of spiders, couldn’t touch the page even! These days I’m much more relaxed around them - as long as they’re not actually on me LOL! Except huntsmen - they’re a type of tarantula we get here, and they can get huge - like as big as your hand (yes even big, man hands) :eek:

I’ve made oil before - I ran out a while ago tho. I found it tricky to get a dose without feeling the edible kind of stoned though - which I don’t like so much. Might’ve been to do with that particular plant i used though, so i’m giving it another go with this one. I’ll start a tincture on the next new moon too :)
I think tinctures retain more terpenes... we’ll see how that turns out for me.
Ironic thing is that at the moment, probably the best thing for my health right now would be not having to do 2 more harvests in the next 2 weeks! There’s maybe one or 2 folk around to help out - but timing is tricky to co-ordinate. And sometimes having help to do thing means I end up going faster to match the ‘normal’ pace of other people and then I crash because of that - so it’s counter-productive in the end. Because that ‘normal’ pace was my pace too until 20months ago, it’s difficult to change it, habitually speaking... until, of course, I go at pace for half a day and then am actullay incapable of walking at all!! It’s a tricky balance to find... some days i manage to better than others. I have 2 days of rest now before harvest on Friday :cool:

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
:Namaste:

So Amy whats the rules to living in the bush. Always heard if you wanted you could just live out there . Or do you have to buy acres like us Yanks?

We bought some acres ;)
I think the law is pretty similar tbh. You’re technically not allowed to ‘camp’ on crown lands, or govt reserve unless in designated areas (which usually have time limits) and there there’s national parks. But yeah 0 I know there are folks living in the bush - but they’re not doing it legally, just thumbing their nose at the law instead. I prefer to that on my own place - with my garden :)

Harvest update imminent...

Harvest Update: Professor Chaos

Wow it smells lovely in my room right now :slide:

The Professor Chaos is sour with tones of grape and lemon and a bit of fuelyness which makes it kind of a weighty smell. It’s lighter than the CBD CC though - definitely fruitier and more sour at the same time.

I harvested on Friday (about 30hours ago for me) and that was somewhere between 63-70 days in flower. Five days ago there was a lot of amber - and then yesterday there didn’t seem so much. I don’t know if that’s even possible, but I swear it’s true. It didn’t matter. It was always happening yesterday because of help and rain forecast. She was the runt of the original family but she really came through for me. Just as a reminder (for me and you) here’s her very humble beginning - when I really wasn’t sure what she might become after being stuck in a tiny pot for too long while we waited for the garden to be ready...

That was end of December after nearly 2 months of veg - so in the second 2.5 months a lot can happen! Here’s some final close ups (with my new camera that I’m still learning how to use - you don’t know how many shots i’ve deleted recently!!). I took these the day before harvest, her last morning in the sun...

ANd her final portrait (the rest of the pics are iphone shots)

ANd let the chopping begin!

And the now obligatory morning silhouette - a little overcast this morning...

Post wash hanging

And these are for anyone who might be worried about trichome destruction in the wash. They’re still intact!

After they dried beautifully swaying in the breeze and sunshine for about 4 hours, I weighed it to get a wet weight before moving it inside. There was one top cola that had some mouldy parts so these have been frozen to contribute to a topical oil infusion (they went in with the budrot I chopped of the Money Bush - more on that later!)

infected buds for the freezer...

And the wet weight on the rest. 1lb 4oz so I’m guessing about 4 or so ounces dried and trimmed

ANd hanging in the drying closet - soon to be revamped growbox...

So after all the branches were chopped, the stem looked like this - a jaunty angle...

I cut it off just above the ground and I swear this thing is so solid you could really do some damage with it! I put it to work as a gardening tool. It was awsome!

The Golden Tiger x Northern Lights will go in here now. I’ll bury the pot a bit so she can get her toes into the dirt. She’s a lady in waiting at the moment because we can’t lift her up onto the raised bed! Someone will visit eventually who can help me no doubt! Like Shed said, she’s going to enjoy the sun here - and the dirt I think :slide:

Before I go I should update where the CBD CC ended up at jarring time... I weighed as I went and got 190.5grams. It was a bit over dried after 6days where I could hardly get the humidity in the room below 70! Then it dropped to 40% for a day. This photo was as soon as th jars were sealed up and the RH meters rose a little bit pretty soon after, so not too bad.

During both harvests we were surrounded by twittering little birds the whole time - fairy wrens and thornbills and finches and scrubwrens. Honestly there were times I was reminded of Lily Tomlin’s character in ‘9 to 5’, when they have their ‘ladies pot party’ and each have a Maui Wowie inspired fanstay about killing the boss. Lily’s character Violet’s fanatsy is all Bambi and Snow White and she’s surrounded by animated critters and twittering birds... that’s what it felt like while i was hanging the branches - little birds all around me being all very excited... They landed on the string a few times - but I never caught that on camera! This dude, front and centre, is an adolescent male fairy wren, his colours are just coming along. Little spunk isn’t he?!

View media item 1511101
A wonderful Easter weekend to all - and Passover for those who that’s relevant for. It was an excellent Good Friday harvest for me, the perfect activity for this full moon. I’ll update on the Money Bush in teh pod later on.

Let me leave you with an expression of gratitude and appreciation for this great community of growers. A lovely fairy godmother spirited this across the seas to me - I’m fairly speechless really, but I’m sure once I inhale some of it I’ll have plenty to say! :love::rofl::slide:

:circle-of-love:

Wow, so very happy for you Amy on the harvest and on the bountiful nature that surrounds you. It makes me grateful for all the nature I have around me ( live in town ) but the farms only 18km away. My girls live on the farm I'm sad to say, so I only see them once a week.... But seeing your girls and everyone else's makes my day.... Have a wonderful day and continue being an inspiration to everyone ( myself included ) :circle-of-love::high-five:

Dang you been busy.... love the wildlife photos i think sometimes we as humans forget there is more than just green growing sun out there lol... congrats girl... here in a few months i will start to see my potential harvest and I would love to get a lesson on oils and tincs as i am a noob on that but need something new for aches and pains associated with yrs of seizures.... Man I would say Green days woman but I think you are already there... Ps love the way you kept the girls "clean" and "presentable" makes for an easy harvest.... :goodjob::adore:

Wow, so very happy for you Amy on the harvest and on the bountiful nature that surrounds you. It makes me grateful for all the nature I have around me ( live in town ) but the farms only 18km away. My girls live on the farm I'm sad to say, so I only see them once a week.... But seeing your girls and everyone else's makes my day.... Have a wonderful day and continue being an inspiration to everyone ( myself included ) :circle-of-love::high-five:

I’m happy for me as well Smeegol :) and thank you very much:high-five:

I’ve learnt so much and grown much more nice quality bud than I might’ve expected. :surf:
It’s so lovely you have an out of town place to go - and to grow. I lived inner city for a long time and it has its draws that’s for sure. An easy access out of Towner would’ve been great! I’m very happy to be all the way out now though. I love it here. So glad you’re enjoying my garden too !
:circle-of-love:

Dang you been busy.... love the wildlife photos i think sometimes we as humans forget there is more than just green growing sun out there lol... congrats girl... here in a few months i will start to see my potential harvest and I would love to get a lesson on oils and tincs as i am a noob on that but need something new for aches and pains associated with yrs of seizures.... Man I would say Green days woman but I think you are already there... Ps love the way you kept the girls "clean" and "presentable" makes for an easy harvest.... :goodjob::adore:

Green days wishes are always welcome Hacker! :green_heart::thanks::green_heart:

I’ll give whatever help I can re oils and tinctures. We can learn together, as im fairly new to it myself. I have made infused extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) a few times and this coming tincture will be my first one - using advice from AKGramma and my Herbalist.

I’m surrounded by so much life here. Even now, it’s around 10pm and I can here them scratching around out there :) It’s also why we need higrade quality control on the integrity of the garden enclosure ;)

I’m looking forward to seeing your harvest :thumb:

:Namaste:

Excellent Amy.....love your "fence line"...... :thumb:

Hi Amy G,

YES I loved that movie, so many great memories. I wish I could go into it more but I would be censored here. hahahaha.

Your harvest is still rockin'.

I see where you're going with your indoor grow area, those size pots you were asking about, will be perfect for that room. Nice move and wikked set up so far, you'll have no problem. One thing you may want to look into, (because my room is somewhat small to move my plants around) I bought dollar store turntables/lazy susans for under my small pots to rotate them easily for watering and even light exposure. They are so handy indoors when you can't get around the whole room aka closet. Wish I could do it for my bigger pots but they are too heavy.

Those birds...big sigh...feels like I'm there. I can just imagine the audio of your sonic Queendom.

Awesome you got treasures in the mail, I love this family you got going on here at 420.

Starve the body, feed the mind, my brain regimin lately...;)

Just ate a fresh blueberry muffin, still warm from the oven. Now that is a little piece of your heaven outdoors.

Beautiful harvest and great pics Amy! Congrats on surviving the scented ordeal :). I'm not sure if you have been seeing what Van and I have been seeing on transplant, which is that roots seem to avoid the holes in the plastic pots. So if you want to make sure that GTNL gets to enjoy the sun and the soil, you should make sure to press the pot down into the soil (not just bury it) or if you can sacrifice that pot, cut the bottom off and then sink it!

Digging that analog scale from England! Jars look sweet too (and so do the new seeds :thumb:).

Nice work.

I'm not sure if you have been seeing what Van and I have been seeing on transplant, which is that roots seem to avoid the holes in the plastic pots.
Yes I did see that actually... :)
if you can sacrifice that pot, cut the bottom off and then sink it!
... that sir, is a very interesting idea:hmmmm::slide:

Mmm Sunday morning wake n bake ... :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom