Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Strains

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

well all the other plants are looking happy and healthy for sure, and i would like to see another grow with the early miss as i think i saw CO Finest grow the same strain and it stayed very small. :Namaste:

We've decided to put the new girls off for another week or two, just to spread out the growth a little more. Got new pots coming in tomorrow along with some other toys from an online grow shop.

I am so glad to see another grower whose garden just keeps getting more and more equipment and stuff in it. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :rofl:

i think its a growers curse lol i cant go to the grow shop without picking something up

See, I haven't found a good local grow shop. This means I have to order online, and then I can research endlessly before making a decision, watch review videos, etc. and end up two hours later watching cat videos or eating ice cream in a foot locker trying on shoes.

I think I'm fairly close to being done the initial purchase spree, but I'm seriously looking forward to checking out the local grow shows and seasonal garden centers.

Trying to stock up on gardening supplies during the xmas season is tough up here.

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

One thing to consider is bulb and ballast, if ur equipment fail's during a critical flowering phase, you could loose your crop while waiting for replacement parts. Local store will be same day replacement.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Who's side are you on millertm?

:high-five:

Seriously though, I can't disagree. I lost my spider for an afternoon a few weeks back, thankfully got 'er back on that night while waiting for replacement parts to get full functionality back.

I foresee another round of upgrades after these 5 or 6 harvest, so like late January or early February.

No, I bought a cheap China made ballast and I am stressed over its durability. It's going well but I have yet to see any reviews over 6 months old. E-ballast, no fan, hot to touch.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Tonight's pictures.

Front right CC is noticeably lighter green today than the rest, one day after water and 1/2 strenth nutes. A little worried about her.

Still not ready to remove the rest of the top, but the large fan leaves were crispy so she got a haircut. One node below the break is busting out new growth, and two of us believe we see some signs of improvement one node above. We'll see tomorrow for sure. She got another foliar misting and about 800ml of water.

This CC is looking definitely a paler green.

Finally got the PH and TDS meter in yesterday, so I have some actual numbers to work with now.

2 CC and 2 NL were fed last night at about 500ppm PH 5.8.
Rev was fed last night at about 360ppm and 5.8
Run off was 101ppm and 5.8.
Tap water is 150ppm and 6.5.

Off to look up the PH chart that shows up all the time for my pale girl, Nitrogen? Not going to do anything to her for at least a couple of days past last night's soaking.

Suggestions?

:thanks:

once you get in to any type grow shop or nursery ideas start going through your head and next thing you know your picking up another bucket for DWC or a tote for a res lol at least thats how it is for me :rofl:.

the ladys do look a bit droopy and seem to be getting more so every update, what are the temps in your room? and whats your water schedule again? sorry if you already said this i just got off of work and am way tired. great update man!

If you just fed them nutes I would wait (like you said) couple of days. She looks little droopy too. How large pots are you using? I noticed my plants outgrew their two gal pots pretty fast. It might be nothing. Personally I have used full strength nutrients last couple waterings.

........This means I have to order online, and then I can research endlessly before making a decision, watch review videos, etc. and end up two hours later watching cat videos or eating ice cream in a foot locker trying on shoes.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I'm guessing I am one of a few 50+ yr olds who knows where that came from.....ummm kay.

once you get in to any type grow shop or nursery ideas start going through your head and next thing you know your picking up another bucket for DWC or a tote for a res lol at least thats how it is for me :rofl:.

the ladys do look a bit droopy and seem to be getting more so every update, what are the temps in your room? and whats your water schedule again? sorry if you already said this i just got off of work and am way tired. great update man!

I can walk through just about any store and my mind starts thinking "how can I use that in or around the tents?" I'm in trouble once I get into a grow shop, show, or nursery. I should start saving up now.

Temps went up a bit of course when I added the second LED light in there, but still good I think.

Top corner by the exhaust: 80 during lights on, 69 overnight.
On the floor between the plants: 77 during lights on, 68 overnight
Outside the tent: 73 when the lights are on, 69 overnight.

No schedule on water, just when the pots are light again. It was the night before last night's pics and a week before that.

If you just fed them nutes I would wait (like you said) couple of days. She looks little droopy too. How large pots are you using? I noticed my plants outgrew their two gal pots pretty fast. It might be nothing. Personally I have used full strength nutrients last couple waterings.

Yeah, all but the broken girl got nutes two nights before last night's pictures, Thursday night.

Pots for the 2 CC and 2 NL are 3 gallon standard nursery pots. Read not to transplant autoflowers, and figured we'd go with that size. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite us too hard. Got 4x 3 and 5 gallon smartpots for the next set of girls.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I'm guessing I am one of a few 50+ yr olds who knows where that came from.....ummm kay.

Whew! I was kind of worried nobody would catch the reference, particularly since it was just this week's episode. Apparently those that have a grow tend to have similar show preferences.

Epic season this one, IMHO.

What is under the tent? Is it in the basement or first floor? Concrete slab? If the floor is very cold it will lock out nutes, including nitrogen. I always put some foam in between my plants and the floor. In your case I would put some under the tent and see if that helps. Camping pads work or builders insulation.

Ding Ding Ding. I think we have a winner. Basement and concrete slab confirmed. Your post gave me the excuse I needed to finally deal with it, regardless of if it's the cause or not. From day one I've been trying to come up with the best solution for getting the tent off the concrete.

SO, today's shopping included a infrared thermometer to see what the temp is on the floor. 67 degrees mid day. Cold enough for me to fix for sure.

Of course, I could have come up with a hundred different solutions that would have been better than just leaving the pots right on the floor, but why save money when you can spend it! Insulated dricore panels purchased and will be installed tomorrow.

Thanks all. I took pictures this afternoon so I could get them at full prayer. My pictures have been right before bed all week and they definitely get themselves ready for it beforehand.

I can walk through just about any store and my mind starts thinking "how can I use that in or around the tents?" I'm in trouble once I get into a grow shop, show, or nursery. I should start saving up now.

Temps went up a bit of course when I added the second LED light in there, but still good I think.

Top corner by the exhaust: 80 during lights on, 69 overnight.
On the floor between the plants: 77 during lights on, 68 overnight
Outside the tent: 73 when the lights are on, 69 overnight.

No schedule on water, just when the pots are light again. It was the night before last night's pics and a week before that.

Yeah, all but the broken girl got nutes two nights before last night's pictures, Thursday night.

Pots for the 2 CC and 2 NL are 3 gallon standard nursery pots. Read not to transplant autoflowers, and figured we'd go with that size. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite us too hard. Got 4x 3 and 5 gallon smartpots for the next set of girls.

Whew! I was kind of worried nobody would catch the reference, particularly since it was just this week's episode. Apparently those that have a grow tend to have similar show preferences.

Epic season this one, IMHO.

Ding Ding Ding. I think we have a winner. Basement and concrete slab confirmed. Your post gave me the excuse I needed to finally deal with it, regardless of if it's the cause or not. From day one I've been trying to come up with the best solution for getting the tent off the concrete.

SO, today's shopping included a infrared thermometer to see what the temp is on the floor. 67 degrees mid day. Cold enough for me to fix for sure.

Of course, I could have come up with a hundred different solutions that would have been better than just leaving the pots right on the floor, but why save money when you can spend it! Insulated dricore panels purchased and will be installed tomorrow.

Thanks all. I took pictures this afternoon so I could get them at full prayer. My pictures have been right before bed all week and they definitely get themselves ready for it beforehand.

I knew it! They just have that classic growing on a slab look. Anytime you see pale green leaves and droop the first thing I ask is about the slab. People will spend a whole grow chasing pH and soil problems and not realize that the cold slab is tied into a 55 degree heat sink below it (the earth). So the temperature is not the only thing, it is that the huge heat sink makes all the heat flow out of the soil and into the concert and into the floor. This constant flow is hard for the plant to deal with. An analogy is when you are in a 70 degree room in the winter but you are sitting next to a 32 degree window. You feel cold because your body heat is being literally sucked from your body toward that cold window and the cold air outside. Yet you can be in a 65 degree room in the summer and feel warm because the heat is flowing into your body from the windows and walls.
So the plant is shivering below while suntanning above and thinking wtf is going on here? The microbiome goes inactive in a soil grow as well so nutrients get locked out by the low temp and bacteria are too cold to help. I will be extremely surprised if you don't see a dramatic difference with the insulation!

I knew it! They just have that classic growing on a slab look. Anytime you see pale green leaves and droop the first thing I ask is about the slab. People will spend a whole grow chasing pH and soil problems and not realize that the cold slab is tied into a 55 degree heat sink below it (the earth). So the temperature is not the only thing, it is that the huge heat sink makes all the heat flow out of the soil and into the concert and into the floor. This constant flow is hard for the plant to deal with. An analogy is when you are in a 70 degree room in the winter but you are sitting next to a 32 degree window. You feel cold because your body heat is being literally sucked from your body toward that cold window and the cold air outside. Yet you can be in a 65 degree room in the summer and feel warm because the heat is flowing into your body from the windows and walls.
So the plant is shivering below while suntanning above and thinking wtf is going on here? The microbiome goes inactive in a soil grow as well so nutrients get locked out by the low temp and bacteria are too cold to help. I will be extremely surprised if you don't see a dramatic difference with the insulation!

Liked, thanked, rep'ed, and reported for being awesome!

Yup, makes perfect sense, and the first indication should have been that we wear socks/sandals/slippers/shoes when down there for a long time because.... Yup, feet are cold.

Jesus.

Thanks so much ShiggityFlip. I think you're absolutely right and can't wait to post pictures from next week. ;-)

:goodjob: :bravo: :thanks:

Hey arteekay did you buy another spider cob or something diffrent to add with your spider 4

I honestly wish I'd bought another spider or two, as I'd much rather support Twilight than the sponsor i did go with. I've posted a little bit about it on this site, you're welcome to check my posting history for more information if you're at all interested. Whatever small difference in price was more than made up for in an abject failure in customer service.

Unfortunately during tonight's tent rebuild the spider was taken out of use for the time being. My new tent is now my flower tent and the spider and my old tent becomes my yet-to-be configured veg tent.

Once we germinate the Crop King Seeds White Widow and Crown Royale, and maybe another Early Miss and a Jack Herer, the Spider will be back in action making my new kids pray all day.

We waited until they were ready for bed to start the tent rebuild up on the new insulated dricore panels. Concrete slab was 68, and it's now 74 on the floor of the tent. Schweeeet.

Picked up my order from a Canadian online hydro shop, which included my new 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter combo, so we hit the hardware store to pick up venting and .... well as usual I went a bit overboard. A cheapo Lux meter and infrared thermometer, buckets. new extension cords, etc, etc, etc., but most importantly a Hurricane fan and Blacks Ops carbon filter.

Ghetto rigged it for the time being. Next project is actually mounting the fan somewhere else and getting it much quieter.

(Terrible drywall job came with the house, the basement as a whole is a a work in progress.)

Here's today's pictures finally, from before the tent rebuild. Definitely less droopy than yesterday's pictures, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like now that Shiggity has saved my grow.

These will be the last pictures of these girls lit by the Spider.

Even Droopy, the left on the center row here, is trying to be perky.

Britney, my Early Miss, in the back and before her last trim, and Droopy front and center.

Didn't notice at the time the flash went off on this one

This is the pale green girl from yesterday. Everything but the bottom most set of original three leaves is looking far better.

Droopy is less droopy than she's looked in pictures for a week now. I hoping she'll see the biggest improvement from the insulated floor.

Probably the most perky of the bunch, as usual.

Little Revolver is gonna explode over the next week or two.

And britney, obviously my tape job was a failure. But she's gonna make it.

And an after work timeline set, now with the new LED only. The color change is definitely noticeable. This is still before the dricore panels and tent rebuild.

Everyone is still perky, but it's still about 5 hours before I'd usually take pictures of them.

The pale one from yesterday.

Oh Britney, she gets cleaned up tonight. Just miserable looking here, but I thought I'd leave her to take whatever she could from the dying parts before I removed them.

Droopy is actually looking better than I've seen her myself in a week.

Revolver's already different, just from earlier this afternoon.

And here's Britney with her tape removed. Definitely didn't get the broken part together enough, but there's new growth above it so I'll keep the top, straighten her out with a popsicle stick splint, and remove anything that's dead.

Cleaned up, now for a splint. I have to say, asking a cohort to eat a fudgesicle so I could have the stick was odd, tells me it's the best job he's been assigned since we germinated.

Ready to start work on her comeback album.

Far more prepared for the next time I accidentally break one.

In their new home, under new lights with more exhaust through a carbon filter and with warm feet. This is about two hours after bedtime, everyone is sleepy.

Was a busy day. Thank you again to everyone who's helped out over the last couple of days. Had some seriously bad Karma around the tent and I think today's improvements have exorcised all the demons.

:thanks: :420:

everything looks like its done a complete 180 man good job managing the tent, i would say environment is second in importance when growing the most important being light source. i like the black ops carbon filters, ive seen vaderOG on youtube using them as well and he seems to love them also

everything looks like its done a complete 180 man good job managing the tent, i would say environment is second in importance when growing the most important being light source. i like the black ops carbon filters, ive seen vaderOG on youtube using them as well and he seems to love them also

I can't claim credit actually, all the improvement seen in these pics is just from being farther away from their soaking and taking the pictures during the day rather than just before or after they go to bed. That said, I'm incredibly excited to see how today's tent management improves their happy.

Pretty sure I have a drainage issue with the 4 plastic nursery pots, hoping that it doesn't affect me too much in the long haul. They'll end up with a fern or something in them each in my living room once the girls in them are harvested.

I was a little surprised to see the black pre-filter when I opened the box, only seen white ones on YouTube, etc. Seemed like they had decent reviews and gambled a little as I was sick to death of researching carbon filters.

I'm wildly impressed with the change in the air quality since mounting it, I can actually smell my Ona jar again. And the tent smells incredible! Ya get nose-blind to them when it's throughout the house, now I just crack the tent and BOOM, right in the sniffer.

RTK they at looking bushy! And I think they are going to get better and better! Excited for you man. Love to see plants that look energized. They are back in business and ready to party.

Growing is truly the barrel with water in it. Each of the barrel staves is a different height when we grow. Whatever the length of the shortest piece of wood between the two barrel hoops determines where the water will spill out. Only by equalizing the length of each piece of wood will the barrel hold its full load of water. You have floor heat and watering covered. New light ready to go in. You will lengthen each barrel stave one at a time until your grow is pumping the best it can be!

Back
Top Bottom