Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

I'm starting with some 9lbs hammer cuts here on Friday, I also have 5 Gorilla glue beans but there regular. Thanks for your input, I'll only grow what I've seen and your show is one of the best on this site.

I appreciate it, even though I still feel I don't deserve such praise. ;)

:high-five:

You should check out the Black Cream too :)

You had me at "You should...". :)

We'll add it to the next order for sure. Thank you!

OOOOOooooooweeeee! That Red Poison looks so good in that close up. Thanks for that pic:drool:

She's just crazy I think, we're going to run her out at least another week past our third Candy Cane's harvest on Tuesday. Sweet Seeds says 8 weeks from seed to harvest, can't see her being ready in 5 days. I didn't lollipop her at all, so we'll have lots of larfy stuff to make extract or bubble hash from.

Has anyone ever had a strain that they would never try again?
Oh by the way I started my journal as you can probably see in the signature.

Schweeet! I'll be sure to head over after I post my update for the day. Great to have ya back. :hug:

Hey Sue, thanks for you can just tell me yourself to post.. I'd likely listen to you before rtk anyway ;)

I'm also going to weigh in on my favorite strains so far. Without question the Canucks seeds lemon skunk is my favourite. Close second by CCK Early miss and then Revolver.

They all have been very good though. Much better than most of the stuff you buy on the street.

After realizing I pushed my revolver to 11 weeks from first sprout I figured she was ready after looking at the beauties you guys grow was a sure choice to get after seeing your grow on it. How was the harvest when doing mine today it was a strong pine citrus smell almost like pinesol is what it reminded me of haha.

After realizing I pushed my revolver to 11 weeks from first sprout I figured she was ready after looking at the beauties you guys grow was a sure choice to get after seeing your grow on it. How was the harvest when doing mine today it was a strong pine citrus smell almost like pinesol is what it reminded me of haha.

We've run two CKS Revolvers now, the first to 72 days, the second right at 70 (10 weeks). Both were foxtailing fairly significantly by then. That said, the first we barely trained and the second I "experimented" on. I wanted to prove out that we really do need calmag in our setup. Confirmed. She also didn't get lollipopped or defoliated at all. I'm going to do one more for sure, but with much more early lollipopping this time. It's a few away in the schedule though, probably 6 to 8 weeks from germination I'd guess.

Our first was insanely strong on the diesel side, we both had to step away a few times to dry our eyes. The second was very much as you describe, completely different.

June 16 (Thursday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 65, Red Poison is 51, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 35, Early Miss 3 is 21, and Train Wreck is 6 days old. Temp peaked at 83 today with RH at 44% during lights on, 68 and 50% overnight. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 13-24 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 72 days old (day 8 since flipping to 12/12). Temp peaked at 80 and RH is 40% at the canopy, 80 and 42% at the top, and 68 and 51% overnight. She is 13 inches from her main light.

• Cheryl (AH) got soaked with her first bloom nutes at quarter strength (6 liters with 7.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B and 4 ml of calmag+) at 457 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 68

Another easy night, which means tomorrow will be busy for water. Our first CKS Amnesia Haze got tied down a bit, to open her up more and get her into a shape other than oval.

Oh yeah, and our first Purple Kush got a good cleanup on her undercarriage, right up to the scrog really, and even anything sprouting on the downward side of her main structure. She's really filling in quickly.

Family pics:

TW at 6 days (10.63 lbs, down from an estimated 11.74 yesterday after watering):

EM3 at 21 days (10.50 lbs, down from 12.32 yesterday):

Cheryl (AH) at 35 days (10.98 lbs down from 14.60 yesterday, 24.63 lbs after watering tonight):

Before feeding and tying her down:

After:

RP at 51 days (16.43 lbs, down from 20.95 yesterday):

C3 at 65 days (15.35 lbs, down from 20.45 yesterday):

PK at 72 days, 8 days from flipping (24.32 lbs, down from 27.04 yesterday):

Back in the tent

You guys have this scrog thing down pretty well. Good work arteekay. :high-five: You too Jay. :hug:

That C3's looking mighty fine too. What's she smell like?

So, no BS RTK. I've looked at lots of journals here and quite a few are in or at where you two are in yield. But your training and use of equipment us what makes this journals the great show it has become. I use your numbers as a yardstick against what I pull and it closer then what I was told by old time Portland growers. LED'S are not big flowering lamps, or so the story goes. But your numbers are impressive and now I'm looking into lower wattage solutions. Keep it up guys.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

We've run two CKS Revolvers now, the first to 72 days, the second right at 70 (10 weeks). Both were foxtailing fairly significantly by then. That said, the first we barely trained and the second I "experimented" on. I wanted to prove out that we really do need calmag in our setup. Confirmed. She also didn't get lollipopped or defoliated at all. I'm going to do one more for sure, but with much more early lollipopping this time. It's a few away in the schedule though, probably 6 to 8 weeks from germination I'd guess.

Our first was insanely strong on the diesel side, we both had to step away a few times to dry our eyes. The second was very much as you describe, completely different.

I managed to snag a pic of one of the top three colas on her and thought I'd share :thumb: she was almost hard as a rock and very sticky

20160616_144924.jpg

You guys have this scrog thing down pretty well. Good work arteekay. :high-five: You too Jay. :hug:

This scrog style is working out better than I hoped, worse than I planned. We're definitely still learning. :)

I'm terrible at picking out smells, but all three have lived up the their name. Of the strains we've grown, I can usually pick out Candy Cane quickly and easily, she's just sweeter than the others.

So, no BS RTK. I've looked at lots of journals here and quite a few are in or at where you two are in yield. But your training and use of equipment us what makes this journals the great show it has become. I use your numbers as a yardstick against what I pull and it closer then what I was told by old time Portland growers. LED'S are not big flowering lamps, or so the story goes. But your numbers are impressive and now I'm looking into lower wattage solutions. Keep it up guys.

We're really not going for yield as the primary driver honestly. It's great when they give us 4 or more ounces, but I'd rather 3 great ounces than 5 of airy, fluffy stuff. Mind you, we're really not overly concerned with bag appeal either, but it's nice when they're pretty.

We are fully hooked, no choice now but to keep it up. :)

:adore:

I managed to snag a pic of one of the top three colas on her and thought I'd share :thumb: she was almost hard as a rock and very sticky

20160616_144924.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Very nice! Dense as hell!

Thanks for letting me look under your skirt, it still fascinates me. :thanks:

I did probably a half hour or so of cleanup on her today. Lots of lollipopping while the junk is still small, so she doesn't waste any time on it.

Another 55-70 days or so we'll see how we make out. :)

June 17 (Friday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 66, Red Poison is 52, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 36, Early Miss 3 is 22, and Train Wreck is 7 days old. Temp is 81 today with RH at 47%. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 13-24 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 73 days old (day 9 since flipping to 12/12). Temp peaked at 81 and RH is 39% at the canopy, 81 and 38% at the top. She is 13 inches from her main light.

• TW got about a liter of bubbled tap water (450 ml down her stem, the rest around the edge) at 143 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67
  • EM3 got soaked with her first taste of food, half strength grow nutes (6 liters with 15 ml each of DNF Gro A+B and 4 ml of calmag+) at 585 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67
  • RP got soaked with half strength bloom nutes (6 liters with 15 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 4 ml of GO CaMg+, and 1 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 673 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67
  • C3 got flushed to a liter of runoff with weak nutes, her last watering before harvest on Tuesday (7 liters with 7.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B) at 352 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67

Busy night for water, and Jaybiz had the night off. I've forgotten how much work is involved with his side of the operation. Easily took me twice as long to get through our nightly routine.

Family pics:

TW at 7 days (10.12 lbs down from 10.63 yesterday, 12.52 lbs after watering tonight):

EM3 at 22 days (8.56 lbs down from 10.50 yesterday, 21.45 lbs after watering tonight):

Cheryl (AH) at 36 days (19.05 lbs, down from 24.64 after watering yesterday):

RP at 52 days (12.11 lbs down from 16.43 yesterday, 25.31 lbs after watering tonight):

C3 at 66 days (11.96 lbs down from 15.35 yesterday, 25.01 lbs after watering tonight):

Dammit....​

PK at 73 days, 9 days from flipping (21.74 lbs, down from 24.32 yesterday):

Before:

After:

Back in the tent:

I can see how defoliation is key to expose light to the centre to allow further growth. Those branches from the stalk are the furthest distance from the light. While the canopy is stretched to receive equal amounts of light while growing. Not sure if I used the right words or make sense. Your plants look 3D from underneath your skirt and take over my entire attention span.
:thanks:

I agree with Sweet Sue, it looks like a jungle under there!

Very nice update guys. Now that I am feeling better I am starting to make the rounds again. This morning I feel almost human lol. PK ready to bust out of that scrog and bud like a madwoman. RP is pretty damn impressive for a 53 day plant!

Glad you are feeling better Shiggity :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking awesome as usual guys. I love your scrog. I need to build something similar.

Thanks Noob. We've been working on a similar structure for the autos, our CKS Train Wreck will be the first one to try it out. I'll come into play around day 18+ I'll guess, so we've got a week to figure out exactly what we're gonna try first. :)

top work as always guys, both with plants and journal:adore:++

I've been tied up with family stuff for the last couple of days, and missed yesterday's update. That doesn't happen often, but I'm having some issues with the division of my time lately.

Very nice update guys. Now that I am feeling better I am starting to make the rounds again. This morning I feel almost human lol. PK ready to bust out of that scrog and bud like a madwoman. RP is pretty damn impressive for a 53 day plant!

Brother Shiggs! Good to see ya up and about. I've been negligent on my rounds, and without an illness to blame it on. Summer is kicking my ass on available time.

Our Purple Kush is showing purple buds already, I'm wildly excited to see her finish. Next PK we'll do much differently, didn't expect her to stay so tight.

As for that Red Poison, she shocks me every day I look at her. Huge for her age (in our setup, etc). She's supposed to be done tomorrow by breeder's schedule, but we're gonna let her go at least another week.

I agree with Sweet Sue, it looks like a jungle under there!

Glad you are feeling better Shiggity :cheesygrinsmiley:

Shit, I still haven't made it over to MzSiroz's place. That's getting corrected even before my journal entry.

June 20 (Monday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 69, Red Poison is 55, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 39, Early Miss 3 is 25, and Train Wreck is 10 days old. Temp is 83 today with RH at 52%. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-20 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 76 days old (day 12 since flipping to 12/12). Temp peaked at 83 and RH is 42% at the canopy, 82 and 44% at the top. She is 13 inches from her main light.

I missed both posts this weekend, summer schedule is kicking my ass. Thankfully nobody needed water tonight, so it was really just a touch of readjustment for our third Early Miss.

TW at 10 days (10.78 lbs, down from 11.16 yesterday):

EM3 at 25 days (13.68 lbs, down from 16.46 yesterday):

Cheryl (AH) at 39 days (19.59 lbs, down from 24.88 yesterday after watering):

Dammit!​

RP at 55 days (21.33 lbs, down from 26.80 yesterday after watering):

C3 at 69 days (11.95 lbs, down from 14.76 yesterday) She's getting the chop tomorrow night:

PK at 76 days, 12 days from flipping (29.29 lbs, down from 30.17 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Back
Top Bottom