Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I am interested in this method but after I filled a bucket with perlite, I got too nervous and went back to coco (which I love, but was curious about the hempy and still want to try it)

:thanks:

Hempy buckets are great - whether using hydroton, coir or perlite. I find that a layer of hydroton at the bottom of the pot - up past the hole(s) of the hempy bucket - and filling up the rest with perlite works extremely well. The top of the perlite may get a bit of algae but that is easily prevented by cutting out a round piece of opaque plastic to fit around the stem of the plant. Coco coir works very well too but you will need to add more CalMag to your feed (especially if growing under LED lights). Whatever substrate you decide to go with, make sure you have drainage material (like Hydroton) up past the watering holes on the hempy bucket - otherwise you will get a whole bunch of the substrate flowing out together with the water through the holes when you water/feed.

420-magazine-mobile639793185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1754889018.jpg
420-magazine-mobile489394613.jpg
420-magazine-mobile785282395.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1453692426.jpg
someone please help do these tricombes still look to clear?

Will plants get used to hps after using mh? My temp hasn't really changed that much and I'm limited on space. Should I keep them 20 inches apart during the rest of flower

Will plants get used to hps after using mh? My temp hasn't really changed that much and I'm limited on space. Should I keep them 20 inches apart during the rest of flower

Yep. Going from MH to HPS is very common. Use MH for veg then switch to HPS for flowering.

They will get used to it no problem. Many people switch them over with no problems. I would recommend you keep them apart. I know space is limited but you don't want to fry your plants at this stage in growth. You have invested time and money into them. Would hate to see them go south now

Nitrogen defic on my month old clone? She seems to be happy other than that tho
420-magazine-mobile302705250.jpg
420-magazine-mobile517802225.jpg

Im not sure that is nitrogen deficiency mate. I kind of doesnt start like that. What exactly are you feeding and how often? Ppm/ec? And ph. Also have you noticed any small black flies around the surface of the coco? I say that because fungus gnats cause plants to look like they have deficiencies such as Nitrogen as donother root issues. If it was N deficiency the leaves would be a lot lighter in colour where the green is, in coco anyway.

Also how big was the clone? Was there yellow on the clone when you got it? Or has it started yellowing later?

Any thought on tap water vrs the filter water from A refridgrator? I will post pics in a bit..last three grows all different strains show this stress. BTW no bugs..used a x100 loupe all over the plants.

ok, info
week 4 of flower, inkbird controlers, 75 degrees, 50% humidty, ph water at 6.5 food or just water. using FF dirty dozen,400 MH light 20" away, FF soil nothing added. i use the filtration system threw my refrigerator for the water. Blue shark,mong-u-mental,Incredible bulk,cbd god

Back
Top Bottom