Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Ladies and gentlemen. I have a big question that mainly applies to female growers and metal heads or anyone who slightly resembles Tommy Chong(younger years). How on earth do you keep your hair off your plants? I'm constantly pulling long strands of hair off my bud and for real, a hairnet isn't an option. Man bunning doesn't work. I really don't want to put months of effort into my grow and end up smoking my hair. Any suggestions? Cutting is not an option

Hire someone to trim your buds, preferably Dave Draiman.

Intriguing question for you all at least I think soo. Do you think a plant would live forever if you kept it under a 18/6 light schedule. If you just kept lst and chopping it when it got to big as well as transplanting it.. or do you think they have a lifespan of x amount of years... I've always wondered a friend of mine has had one for around 5 years!

Its what they call a "mom" hehe ppl keep a good plant in veg for her to supply the grower with ample clones

Ladies and gentlemen. I have a big question that mainly applies to female growers and metal heads or anyone who slightly resembles Tommy Chong(younger years). How on earth do you keep your hair off your plants? I'm constantly pulling long strands of hair off my bud and for real, a hairnet isn't an option. Man bunning doesn't work. I really don't want to put months of effort into my grow and end up smoking my hair. Any suggestions? Cutting is not an option

I have a solution but it involves a trimmer..... ;)

Is new growth normally light green?
Looks like Nitrogen def. Also new growth looks Sulfer def.
Transplant lacks enough nutes?
Check pH?

Hessi nutes are ph balanced, so whatever is going in is in around 6.5.
I didn't measure the runoff to be honest, but will do today when feeding.

Just flipped her to 12/12, if it's N def. should I give her nutes for bloom or veg? Or both?

I think the new growth was always a little bit more lime green, but to sure as this plant was neglected for most of the time being just a off chance experiment. She was grown in a small pot, and given feeding exactly the same as autos that were in the tent. Now that I transplanted her and spread her across the ten a little, she looks like she might give nice harvest. The only problem now are those deficiencies.

420-magazine-mobile538096965.jpg

Hey folks, I need a second opinion.

Into the second week of flower for a couple of bagseed plants and I'm pretty much 100% sure that this guy is rearing his ugly sacs. Shame cos i thought I'd got 2 out of 2 females .

Cheers

I may have caught and fixed my little problem in time, she lost some older leaves and still has some damage but is producing new growth and looks pretty good. I did it, I knew the importance of cal/mag even the guys that sell the lights said to add extra in the instructions. Being a newbie I get lost in the slang and other descriptions of proper procedure. I was told to LST after I fimmed, ??????? So as suggested I did homework and figured it out. Have pity on us uneducated newbies, we thirst for knowledge but keep in mind we also thirst for big buds in a hurry and have no idea the proper way to quench our parched, bud starved pallets. I will study, I will learn, I will triumph, I will fail, but mark my words, one day that pebble in your hand will be mine.
420-magazine-mobile161971292.jpg

Hessi nutes are ph balanced, so whatever is going in is in around 6.5.
I didn't measure the runoff to be honest, but will do today when feeding.

Just flipped her to 12/12, if it's N def. should I give her nutes for bloom or veg? Or both?

I think the new growth was always a little bit more lime green, but to sure as this plant was neglected for most of the time being just a off chance experiment. She was grown in a small pot, and given feeding exactly the same as autos that were in the tent. Now that I transplanted her and spread her across the ten a little, she looks like she might give nice harvest. The only problem now are those deficiencies.
I usually start bloom nutes 2nd week after 12/12 switch.
From what you said. They may just be under watered.

Sorry you had a bad experience with your grow.
Moving plants from inside to outside is considered transplanting.
What ever stage of growing there in. They have to be hardened off to the harsher outside environment.
Everything changes. Start with a clean slate and ease into the new environment.
I don't have time to teach..I can help educate.
I'm mobile right now....searched a couple of words on a grow website.
Bits of info pertaining to...within.

The Myth of Hot-Weather Watering

The Final Countdown: What You Need to Know About Transplanting Your Young Plants

When And How to Transplant Seedlings into the Garden

Don't believe all you read. Know what you read. In the end just do it and remove all myths.

Hi Tricam, I feel so naive asking you this after reading your reply but i want to make sure I understand.
would you say the same thing if I had been allowing my indoor plants to sit outside in the sun for a few hours once a week?
The weather has been great here so if I'm watering all the plants in my tent or when I'm just cleaning the tent once a week I have been putting my plants outside on the deck for a few hours. I would of never thought that could be a issue, nothing has happened yet should I stop doing that?

May I chime in? Since I am right in the middle of repairing my bad choice of moving my babies outside, I did slowly introduce them I know that much, dont do it. Leave them in there happy place where its always sunny and 75. I am stubborn and figured natural sun is best but the stress on the plants is not worth it. In my climate I would be lucky to get one grow a year outside as opposed to the five grows a year I can potentially build up to indoors, if I dont kill them with love and smooches and hugs and breathin in all the wonderfull stinkiness! Sorry I have a lot of free time right now. This is the sick baby, I still have faith, they all want to flower should I let her recover a bit or change my timer now? Crucial decision time, experts?
420-magazine-mobile312288330.jpg

May I chime in? Since I am right in the middle of repairing my bad choice of moving my babies outside, I did slowly introduce them I know that much, dont do it. Leave them in there happy place where its always sunny and 75. I am stubborn and figured natural sun is best but the stress on the plants is not worth it. In my climate I would be lucky to get one grow a year outside as opposed to the five grows a year I can potentially build up to indoors, if I dont kill them with love and smooches and hugs and breathin in all the wonderfull stinkiness! Sorry I have a lot of free time right now. This is the sick baby, I still have faith, they all want to flower should I let her recover a bit or change my timer now? Crucial decision time, experts?
420-magazine-mobile312288330.jpg

I should of started by asking you your whole situation before I asked that question. I was thinking you had started your plants inside but planned to grow outside.
It's not uncommon for outdoor growers to start young plants inside.
I feel bad saying this because your dealing with the results but because you are and tricam responded with that answer it will now save me and maybe others from going down that road.
Sending you good vibes for a fast recovery on those plants.

Hi Tricam, I feel so naive asking you this after reading your reply but i want to make sure I understand.
would you say the same thing if I had been allowing my indoor plants to sit outside in the sun for a few hours once a week?
The weather has been great here so if I'm watering all the plants in my tent or when I'm just cleaning the tent once a week I have been putting my plants outside on the deck for a few hours. I would of never thought that could be a issue, nothing has happened yet should I stop doing that?
I do it all the time. Mindful of increased evaporation. Water and mist foliage as needed. I add silicon for stress resistances. And increase "P,K" with a booster. Than deal with any issues as they arise.
Just like any other flower or fruit producing plant.

Hi all, newbie here! Having been an avid follower of multiple grow journals on this site for a good while now, I thought what better place to go when I need a bit of advice!

So, I'm already under way with my first grow. I have 5 Humboldt Seeds "Blue Dream" plants, which were started from seed. They germinated on April 10th, and have been growing happily in a 5x5ft tent ever since, under a 600w Dual Spectrum HPS, which is in an Air Cooled Reflector. The plants themselves are in 5 gallon tubs.

They have been getting fed using the Shogun Nutrients Line, and have no problems with them at all. I decided to use the SCROG method, having read that it is a good option when growing in a smaller space, with regards to light penetration and what not. So if the first two weeks of life is classified as the seedling stage, they have no been in Veg for 30 days (44 Days Total Time). I was wondering when would be the best time to switch over to flower? I have attached a couple of pics I took a few minutes ago.

Thank you all in advance! Just hope I've posted this in the right department lol!

Just a few extra details:

Growing Medium: Soil
Room Temp: 75 to 82f Lights on / 69 lights off
RH: Between 38 & 42%

18670958_270149500061121_3059135995181934213_n.jpg

18620107_270149473394457_3334227983866666134_n.jpg

I do it all the time. Mindful of increased evaporation. Water and mist foliage as needed. I add silicon for stress resistances. And increase "P,K" with a booster. Than deal with any issues as they arise.
Just like any other flower or fruit producing plant.

Great! Of course, that makes sense! Thank you .

Ok so my Green Crack from CKS is now on day 45 of Veg it stands all of 7" tall about 14 nodes on it starting to develop side branches all very slowly due to some temperature issues I was having in the beginning and have finally gotten under control!!! Otherwise my question is she is starting to show some pistils now I don't want to flip her yet as she is way too short and I want to get a decent yield off of her!!!! Should I just keep the 18/6 or is it her way of telling she ready? If so does anyone know how much she will stretch ? Anyone grown CKS Green Crack?

hello snid and all its been a while!

iv got 5 plants that are 2 weeks since sprout in pots.

just started yesterday giving canna nutes, a+b 2ml to 2 litres.

due to get some home & garden root stimulator tomorrow.

question is can i give the root stim till week 4/5 and when i transplant?

or maby a weaker solution as the i step into week 4/5.

also does anyone no of any indica strains with short flowering weeks.

thanks

This may be a stupid question this is my first grow, but I have done my research and it's still concerning me. I am doing a 3 plant Auto Lemon Haze outdoor grow in fabric pots with FFOF. There is a line of storms rolling through, the plants are only a little over 2 weeks old. Should I move them inside out of the storm?

hello snid and all its been a while!

iv got 5 plants that are 2 weeks since sprout in pots.

just started yesterday giving canna nutes, a+b 2ml to 2 litres.

due to get some home & garden root stimulator tomorrow.

question is can i give the root stim till week 4/5 and when i transplant?

or maby a weaker solution as the i step into week 4/5.

also does anyone no of any indica strains with short flowering weeks.

thanks

the rootstimulator can be given up untill week 4 of flower

on the indica strains ... Northern Lights #5 , and most kushes ... check % indica first though some like OG Kush are 50/50 and get slightly longer flower timers

This may be a stupid question this is my first grow, but I have done my research and it's still concerning me. I am doing a 3 plant Auto Lemon Haze outdoor grow in fabric pots with FFOF. There is a line of storms rolling through, the plants are only a little over 2 weeks old. Should I move them inside out of the storm?
Yes, protect them

Back
Top Bottom