Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

What do you guys think, are these ready?
420-magazine-mobile1437668181.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1642351439.jpg

these are ... pink ...
at least try to get natural colour pics ... i cant really say even with this low magnification the pink just messes up the observations we are after

I have some clones right now that just developed roots, they are in a small Aerogarden system indoors (hydro) but I am wanting to transplant them into pots with some soil outdoors. My main concern is under/overwatering them, and just making sure that they are going to be able to establish themselves in the soil. Anybody have any little tips or advice on how and WHEN to safely transplant them?

420-magazine-mobile671952901.jpg

420-magazine-mobile814119730.jpg

420-magazine-mobile397966170.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1935397976.jpg
420-magazine-mobile410352779.jpg
420-magazine-mobile498850874.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1621901377.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1684339852.jpg
420-magazine-mobile740299055.jpg
420-magazine-mobile165248213.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1522767980.jpg

Ran 13 gallon flush 2 days ago with 2 of the gallons with 1/4 strength nutes.
How is she looking today? Some of he purple leaves seem to be getting their green back like this one
420-magazine-mobile1610498794.jpg

And I added, ground cinnamon powder mixed with diatomaceous earth around the top of my medium to kill of remaining gnats more cinnamon than D earth but I read cinnamon is good for roots as well as killing off pests

Did she perk up after the watering? If she's regularly limp like that from underwatering just water a little more frequently. Underwatering can be dangerous for the plant and in extreme cases of underwarering some plants will die. Fortunately you spotted the issue. Has she recovered now though I'm curious?
I'm guessing the taco shells are from stress and trying to retain everything it's sucking up now.

My midnight kush loved the foiler spray, jumped up a good 3 inches.

420-magazine-mobile300530129.jpg

420-magazine-mobile125784563.jpg

Midnight kush
420-magazine-mobile506142166.jpg

I think I figured it out....I got complacent and have not ph,d my feed the last two feeds because I know how m soil buffers and I know the nutes I use but it totally slipped my mind that I started adding silicablast around around then too so my ph actually did change...it was still supposedly in the go range but it was on the high end at 6.8 I just lowered it down to 6.2 so hopfelly thats it.

Remember silicablast contains nitrogen which can throw things off as well.

I have some clones right now that just developed roots, they are in a small Aerogarden system indoors (hydro) but I am wanting to transplant them into pots with some soil outdoors. My main concern is under/overwatering them, and just making sure that they are going to be able to establish themselves in the soil. Anybody have any little tips or advice on how and WHEN to safely transplant them?

420-magazine-mobile671952901.jpg

420-magazine-mobile814119730.jpg

In your first pic I see a few sets of roots. The set closest to cam is close, but should still be grown a bit more, the set in the back looks very well established and can be TPed now, however the 2nd pic shows a plant that is freshly rooted and also need a bit longer to build out some nice roots. Once there is abundant (enough) roots on a plant, the canopy will grow and utilize the compounds that the roots collect.
When potting up, it's important to not choose a pot that is too big or you'll have a tough time watering, unless of course you're growing autos, than there's a completely different set of rules, of which I am completely unfamiliar with. With photos however, to achieve the best results, you want to advance your grow in stages, or when certain growth goals are achieved, the first of which is always building a good dense root mass.

420-magazine-mobile776716181.jpg

This plant is three weeks old, just reported 2 days ago, originally under 1 45W cfl, 5400k 24 hour cycles, now under 4 45W Cfl 5400K with 20-4 cycles with a few other plants, why is it so small??? I've seen wayyy bigger plants at this age and this is my first grow

In your first pic I see a few sets of roots. The set closest to cam is close, but should still be grown a bit more, the set in the back looks very well established and can be TPed now, however the 2nd pic shows a plant that is freshly rooted and also need a bit longer to build out some nice roots. Once there is abundant (enough) roots on a plant, the canopy will grow and utilize the compounds that the roots collect.
When potting up, it's important to not choose a pot that is too big or you'll have a tough time watering, unless of course you're growing autos, than there's a completely different set of rules, of which I am completely unfamiliar with. With photos however, to achieve the best results, you want to advance your grow in stages, or when certain growth goals are achieved, the first of which is always building a good dense root mass.

Those established roots are from some other girls in the same system. Thanks for the response, I'll wait til they are at least thick and in the water before putting the in them dirt. Any advice on soil mix? I have some promix hp organic that we use for veggies, would that work or should I add perlite etc...?
420-magazine-mobile1396795341.jpg

What's a good strain to grow that yields good and is easy to trim!

northern lights, indica based, easy for beginners and easy forgiven, lst train it, dont trim untill a good 2 weeks into flower.

all i grow and it works well with me for medical.

Hi guys this is my second grow as the first one was complete disaster and I wasn't ready, but planning on doing it with a 1000w led this time. I'm planning on useing coco mixed with clay pebbles in a roughly size 16L pot. Canna a, canna b and pk 13/14. I already got ph and ec (ppm) pens including ph up and ph down. My tent size is 1.2x1.2x2. My question is for my set up what are the exact equipment I need and size. For example size of intake fan? I already got a 4inch extractor fan attached to my 4inch carbon filter but if it is to small I'm willing to purchase a larger one. And do I need any other extra nutes or anything? This time I don't want to mess anything up and I hope from everyone's experience of useing led's they can help me achieve this. Thanks guys

Need you advise guys...

I am fighting for space really bad now. I have nowhere else to grow my King Tut but outside and the weather and temp is a lot different and colder than my tent.

My cheese plant is squished in a corner of the tent..she is a big bushy plant and the leaves along the edge are getting squat against the wall and getting no light and those bud sites are dying off because if it. Cheese is a photoperiod not autofkower.

My king tut is very close to harvest and I'm about ready to throw her out and cut my losses for gains with the cheese plant.

As my 1st grow I had no idea it would take up this much room.

The cheese plant is covering the buds in King Tut.. the branches of both plants are getting tangled up in each other.

Would it be worth my while to cut the king tut down now and use that extra space for the photo cheese?

Here are some shots so help

420-magazine-mobile490051245.jpg

420-magazine-mobile189096570.jpg

420-magazine-mobile970290670.jpg

420-magazine-mobile113216369.jpg

420-magazine-mobile212049111.jpg

I have all the patience in the world but I just don't want to lose out on what cheese can pull off. I don't have a way to check trichromes of the plant..lota of red hairs going through..buds are not big where she is not complete..still filling out I think...not a whole lot of bid growth happening...seemes to have stopped the past 2 weeks.

King tut is currently week 8 of flower and is 90 days old

Here are a couple shots if the lower branches getting no help by being pushed in a corner of the tent..and I been rotating her to help her but it's not helping...

420-magazine-mobile463196235.jpg

420-magazine-mobile258296460.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1381295351.jpg

Here is a shot of cheese all alone in the tent. So much room. I have no idea how 2 plants are in there

420-magazine-mobile222577736.jpg

Again if I have to cut my losses then so be it..my focus is on the photoperiod plant now. She was supposes to be autoflower but turned out not to be so it screwed tjings up for my plans.

If you put her outside just make sure you protect those buds from rain and she will be fine finishing off outside. Depending on climate and your latitude obviously. If daylight hours are still too long outside you could use light deprivation or a separate tent outside for blackout period .

How is she looking today? Some of he purple leaves seem to be getting their green back like this one

And I added, ground cinnamon powder mixed with diatomaceous earth around the top of my medium to kill of remaining gnats more cinnamon than D earth but I read cinnamon is good for roots as well as killing off pests

Can't comment on cinnamon but the diatomaceous earth will totally shred any gnat larvae in the soil to bits, that I can guarantee. Brilliant stuff

I'm guessing the taco shells are from stress and trying to retain everything it's sucking up now.

My midnight kush loved the foiler spray, jumped up a good 3 inches.

420-magazine-mobile300530129.jpg

420-magazine-mobile125784563.jpg

Midnight kush
420-magazine-mobile506142166.jpg

Tacoed leaves are usually indicative of heat stress, how close are lights to the top of plant and how warm is your grow space? Fortunately it's not the most brutal problem to have in the growing world but if lights are too close or space is too hot they will taco.

You most probably won't see much recovery in the existing growth, normal colour is unlikely to return but it could green up a little more, however the leaf shape is unlikely to change back to normal. I wouldn't worry anyway the leaves aren't actually damaged and are still doing their job to their best potential so she should be fine and buds should be fine. Now you corrected the excess N everything else should begin to be uptaken by the plant and buds shouldn't suffer at all.

You most probably won't see much recovery in the existing growth, normal colour is unlikely to return but it could green up a little more, however the leaf shape is unlikely to change back to normal. I wouldn't worry anyway the leaves aren't actually damaged and are still doing their job to their best potential so she should be fine and buds should be fine. Now you corrected the excess N everything else should begin to be uptaken by the plant and buds shouldn't suffer at all.

And I don't know if you have any experience with advanced nutrients but I'm buying overdrive and big bud from them npk 0-1-3 and overdrive npk I think is 0-0-1 would these be more beneficial rather than cal mag? since the npk on cal mag is 2-0-0. And would they fatten up my buds? I only have about 15 colas forming and I need the most weight from them
What could I do to fatten them up? Other than the two different nutrients I'm going to buy.
I know nutrients isn't to important growth wise and such but what could help me get a more desirable yield? And if not nutes what else would help?

Is ut bad thay my plant has alot of pistils even tho im not flowering her yet???

Could just be the plant has reached the age of sexual maturity and is simply showing you her pre flowers. It's like cannabis plant puberty and pistils will show at the nodes once she's mature. It doesn't necessarily mean she's flowering. Depends how much pistil growth you are talking about though? Do you have photos you can post. Could you have got an auto seed by mistake?

Back
Top Bottom