Atulip's Autos - Mephisto Genetics - LED - Perpetual SoG Trials

Atulip

Alright so I've been working on redesigning my grow setup to maximize the yield in my space. I'm thinking Autos in a SoG style grow will give the best yield/m2/day. And perpetual makes better use of the space and lighting. I've chosen Autos from Mephisto Genetics. I'll be running most of their strains and may try a few training styles also.
IMAG13648.jpg

My Equipment:
  • Growlab 80L - 2'7"x4'11"x6'7"
  • 550w of LED Lighting
  • 6" exhaust fan with 8" Phresh Carbon Filter

Medium and Nutes:
  • Basic Organic soil(1/3 peat moss, 1/3 perlite, 1/3 worm castings with ammendments)
  • General Organics bottled nutes(Grow, Root, Bloom, Bud)
  • Swick self wicking perlite bed for lazy watering(holds ~20 gallons of water)
  • 3-4gallon DIY tall square design fabric pots(8"x8"x12-14")

My plan here is to plant seeds on the outside and move towards the center. It's about 1000par at the center canopy points in a 2' wide area, 700par a little lower and another foot from center, and about 500par at the seedling/early veg area outer edges. A good idea of how the lights are setup. With taller square designed pots, I can fit 21 pots in here where I used to fit 8.(5gal smart pot) Planting 2 per week now, then will be planted based on when harvests are ready. Ideally I'd run only a couple strains in this setup for more consistent harvests.

Strains will be a large assortment of beans from Mephisto Genetics. Super excited to grow this stuff. :)
White Train, Heisenberg Special, White n Bubbly, Chemdogging, Sour Blues, Walter White, Sour Crack, 24 Carat, Chem City Blues, Ripleys OG, SODK, Triangle, Fantasmo Express, Toofless Alien, and Alien V Triangle are what I have planned so far.

White Train and Heisenberg Special(Day 29) White Train stunted from a bad transplant to new pots when she was a seedling. She perked back up and continued growing after that, but she's tiny. Heisenberg Special transplant was better and she continued growing just fine.
IMAG13668.jpg

White n Bubbly x 2(Day 14)
IMAG13676.jpg

White Train and Heisenberg Special Round 2(Day 8)
IMAG13687.jpg

Chemdogging x 2 (Day 5) started in jiffy pellets. My soil is a bit too hot for little seedlings, so this is how I'm starting them now.
IMAG13698.jpg

Later today, Sour Blues is going in dirt.

Totes in! Got my beanbag chair ready. I've already read your DWC feeding guide front to back, multiple times. I can't wait to soak up even more knowledge!

My soil mix is stunting seedlings right now and I'm a bit unhappy with drainage in the taller pots. Working on remixing soil and going water only. So it's a bit amateur hour here right now but hoping to get soil tuned in better next week.

I've been very interested in mephisto genetics, I keep seeing quality bud coming from these beans. And someone tested that Alien v Triangle at 25% THC. Mitch over at mephisto is very helpful also. Decided to just snag up a little of everything he had to grow. Most interested in the Walter White for resin production, more oils and tinctures and less smoking. Still need me one of those fancy buttermakers.

IMAG13846.jpg

My soil mix is stunting seedlings right now and I'm a bit unhappy with drainage in the taller pots. Working on remixing soil and going water only. So it's a bit amateur hour here right now but hoping to get soil tuned in better next week.

I've been very interested in mephisto genetics, I keep seeing quality bud coming from these beans. And someone tested that Alien v Triangle at 25% THC. Mitch over at mephisto is very helpful also. Decided to just snag up a little of everything he had to grow. Most interested in the Walter White for resin production, more oils and tinctures and less smoking. Still need me one of those fancy buttermakers.

IMAG13846.jpg

Have you tried producing edible hash oil - from 190proof everclear? Especially with the Walter White or AV.T.

I've made tincture with everclear and that's a raging hit with everyone. Quicker up and longer peak. But I usually don't have enough flower to make much anything, and frosty trim usually just gets smoked in joints lol. Hoping to change that with a bit more monthly haul in a low maintenance SoG style setup.

I've made tincture with everclear and that's a raging hit with everyone. Quicker up and longer peak. But I usually don't have enough flower to make much anything, and frosty trim usually just gets smoked in joints lol. Hoping to change that with a bit more monthly haul in a low maintenance SoG style setup.

I've looked for tincture guides but haven't had any luck at all unfortunately.
May I pick your brain for information? :x

There's a couple ways I know of. For either way you want to grind up your herb and decarb it in the oven for an hour at 225℉.

I did a low quantity(1oz everclear and 1/4 trim/scrap buds) in a large 1 qt mason jar sealed and in a pot of water on a low boil. Like an hour and shake every 10 mins, let cool and strained through a coffee filter. Seemed good for about 10 moderate doses.

The other way I've read is mixing it and throwing it a cool dark place and shaking daily for a couple weeks to a month.

Probably 1/8th bud to 1 oz everclear would get 10-15 moderate-strong doses, depending on how you like it.

It's a long read though lol.

Tinctures - How to Extract the Essence of Cannabis - Tutorial

There's a couple ways I know of. For either way you want to grind up your herb and decarb it in the oven for an hour at 225℉.

I did a low quantity(1oz everclear and 1/4 trim/scrap buds) in a large 1 qt mason jar sealed and in a pot of water on a low boil. Like an hour and shake every 10 mins, let cool and strained through a coffee filter. Seemed good for about 10 moderate doses.

The other way I've read is mixing it and throwing it a cool dark place and shaking daily for a couple weeks to a month.

Probably 1/8th bud to 1 oz everclear would get 10-15 moderate-strong doses, depending on how you like it.

It's a long read though lol.

Tinctures - How to Extract the Essence of Cannabis - Tutorial
Thanks for the info and the read. Ill definitely enjoy reading it!
Cheers.

Some rearranging done. More space freed up and it's looking like we'll fit 21 pots in here, 22 with a jiffy plug. Soils getting remixed this week. Gonna try some lava rocks instead of perlite, split the peat to 50/50 peat/coco, and 50/50 worm castings/mushroom compost(cheaper locally).
IMAG14116.jpg

Heisenberg Special and White Train(Day 36) HS got a haircut today, she was taking up more than her allowed 8"x8" space, lol. WT is flowering now, stunted pretty bad as a seedling from a rough transplant. Let's see what this little stick produces.
IMAG14046.jpg

HS defol. Before and after. Looks like she's naturally got a very nice bushy top structure.
IMAG14016.jpg
IMAG14028.jpg

White n Bubbly x2(Day 21) looking great.
IMAG14053.jpg

Heisenberg Special and White Train(Day 15) a bit behind.
IMAG14084.jpg

Chemdogging x2(Day 12) Looking excellent. Few days younger but better looking. Most recent soil mix is definitely stunting my seedlings now.
IMAG14067.jpg

Sour Blues x2(Day 5)
IMAG14093.jpg

Walter White(Day 0) Lets see some frost.
IMAG14182.jpg

That's going to fill out splendidly with 21.
I can't wait to see what this place looks like in a couple months.

Tent is full mephisto now, everything else has been harvested. Still in the old soil mix while the new one cooks but I'm cutting it with 1/3 recycled soil. Bottled nutes have ceased this week and we do a little top dressing and teas now.
IMAG14333.jpg

White Train and Heisenberg Special(Day 43) More defol for HS, she's getting majorly bushy on her own. White Train is frosting up nicely. Stunted her pretty bad, but she's still producing some frosty nugs.
IMAG14433.jpg
IMAG14374.jpg
IMAG14352.jpg

White n Bubbly(Day 28)
IMAG14382.jpg

White Train and Heisenberg Special Round 2(Day 22) HS looks sad, hasn't really sprung back up.
IMAG14393.jpg

Chemdogging(Day 19)
IMAG14404.jpg

Sour Blues(Day 12) put the HS defol on top. Soil was drying and getting a bit crusty.
IMAG1441.jpg

Walter White(Day 3) also given a little mulch.
IMAG14421.jpg

Sour Crack(Day 0) soaking and I'll get them planted later today.
IMAG14451.jpg

Starting to get bushy in here, that's what we like to see. Everyone was given a light tea, ewc, molasses, and a little kelp meal, bubbled 24hours.
IMAG14672.jpg

Heisenberg Special and White Train(Day 50)
HS topped with some of the new soil. HS measuring in at 27" tall, might chop another node off, she's too bushy again. WT fatting up those little nugs.
IMAG14684.jpg
IMAG14694.jpg

White n Bubbly(Day 35) stretching upward a bit, beautiful natural bushy structure.
IMAG14703.jpg

White Train and Heisenberg Special Round 2(Day 29) Our stunted ones.
IMAG14714.jpg

Chemdogging(Day 26) Both looking great, ones getting a bit of light stolen from the Heisenberg.
IMAG14723.jpg

Sour Blues(Day 19)
IMAG14735.jpg

Walter White(Day 10)
IMAG14743.jpg

Sour Crack(Day 4)
IMAG14755.jpg

24 Carat(Day 0)
IMAG14764.jpg

IMAG16384.jpg

Behind on updates here. Everyone's just kinda doing they're thing with little input from me. White Train came down on 3/26, 65 days seed to harvest, 17.2g. Not bad for a stick stunted from transplant.

Heisenberg special came down yesterday, 81 days seed to harvest, 306g wet on the stem. Getting some quality nugs deep down the canopy.

IMAG16192.jpg
IMAG16261.jpg
IMAG16272.jpg
IMAG16292.jpg

And a couple different training styles I'm trying. Classic lollipop hacking on the left and cleared out the middle growth on the other.

IMAG16362.jpg

Back
Top Bottom